TK's New and Improved Monster Bios

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
ABB Gamma
GPN Volunteer

Re: TK's New and Improved Monster Bios

Post by ABB Gamma »

Heh. Wish I had turned off the red squiggles before I posted that.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

So this guy was based off of Bagan, eh?

Resized Image

I guess that technically make him…the son of Bagan!
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Birdman wrote:So this guy was based off of Bagan, eh?

http://www.infinitehollywood.com/wp-con ... CF4090.jpg

I guess that technically make him…the son of Bagan!
Interestingly, Kilazee's the final boss of that infamously difficult SNES Ultraman video game, Ultraman: Towards the Future.

Looking forward to seeing what info Arbok dug up regarding Heisei Moguera II.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

The Plasma Laser Cannons are located in the eyes of the giant machine. The cannons were designed with rapid fire in mind. Because of a continual cooling and firing mechanism, the beams can be repeatedly discharged.

The beams are said to be three times as powerful as the beam discharge of Mechagodzilla.
Yes! Take that Moggy haters.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

So... Moguera was actually destroyer in space? There were two this whole time?

Wow. News to me.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

First off, thanks for the general praise on these. It's nice to be able to work on the Monster Bios again. Most work had been done on them for so long, that it's great to revisit them and update things that need to be there.
M.U.T.O. wrote:And G2014 finally has stuff in its bio!
Yep, he felt like a natural first choice, although we actually started working on Bagan first (he just came later).
NSZ wrote:I think it's when a movie uses stock-footage where it's obvious that the monster that's actually in the shot is not the monster it's supposed to be.
Correct.
ABB Gamma wrote:What’s in a name? that which we call a Condor
By any other name would die as quickly;

I think giving the Condor two bios because of a quirk in Toho's books is a bit silly, but the Background and Trivia section is worth it.
The Giant Eagle's name actually appears on the original All Monsters Attack poster alongside the other monsters like Kumonga, Ebirah, etc. So it's not something that started in the books, but rather that even officially licensed books were just as confused by Toho's intent as fans are to reading about it.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:So... Moguera was actually destroyer in space? There were two this whole time?

Wow. News to me.
As long as they didn't just build the second in a few days but rather had a spare I'm fine with this. Shit two Moggy's could have killed Godzilla. I wonder if we can use two in the KWC now?

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Living Corpse wrote:I wonder if we can use two in the KWC now?
Sure can
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The two Moguera's really bothers me. I guess that's kinda what happens when you watch a movie so many times and then you notice something different. TBH if there really was supposed to be two I wish they executed the idea better. Like maybe showing two different Moguera's on a split screen in the opening. I'm not normally one to complain about MAH REALISM in a Godzilla movie but it would seem absolutely ricidulous they threw together a new Moguera in just a few days.

It also sort of messes with the flow of time in the film. Like I have to now rewatch it to see if something like Project T took place over a long period of time.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I always just assumed the first crew managed to limp their way back to Earth.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:The two Moguera's really bothers me. I guess that's kinda what happens when you watch a movie so many times and then you notice something different. TBH if there really was supposed to be two I wish they executed the idea better. Like maybe showing two different Moguera's on a split screen in the opening. I'm not normally one to complain about MAH REALISM in a Godzilla movie but it would seem absolutely ricidulous they threw together a new Moguera in just a few days.

It also sort of messes with the flow of time in the film. Like I have to now rewatch it to see if something like Project T took place over a long period of time.
This is HEISEI! They have a endless army of cloned ArmyTroopers and self regenerating buildings that's why there's Sparks because the buildings are trying to weld the damages the Kaiju do when they fly over and than they repair themselves fully later that's why nobody cares when they're destroyed. and than finally they have their greatest asset Kenji The Builder he is the greatest Construcation worker on the planet for he can build anything no matter the size no matter the time.

You know it's true.
Last edited by g2vd on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Godzilla

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

The old Monster Bios design is iconic. I hope one bio lags behind in the old style for the next decade while everything else is updated. -- because I actually do love the new design and we're off to an interesting start that's blowing the lid off some shit we take for granted.

I'm especially enjoying the Trivia. I know a lot of people will say this, but it's cool to finally get more BTS info here. It used to be so hard to find info like that.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Living Corpse wrote:I always just assumed the first crew managed to limp their way back to Earth.
I always thought that as well. I guess I was wrong...
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

JVM wrote:The old Monster Bios design is iconic. I hope one bio lags behind in the old style for the next decade while everything else is updated.
I'm sure many will... since there are over 155 bios for just the live action films, not counting the Anime and TV ones. Quite a lot to do.
Missingno. wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:I always just assumed the first crew managed to limp their way back to Earth.
I always thought that as well. I guess I was wrong...
Well a lot of egg on my face, but I assume this is correct after going back and checking the various books again. Have noted a bit in the notation about the relative light amount of notice for Moguera II and what led to the confusion over it being called "new", although not excusing that it happened in the first place.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

It's about fucking time that roar audio was added.

Grimlock#1
Monsterland Worker

Post by Grimlock#1 »

Hey Arbok, how do you decide which bios get updated over others and do you have a specific process for it?
"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
Space Hunter M wrote:Ah, you and your corns. Great. When you and the MUTO meet, be sure you tell him all about your corn problems.
"MECHAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Is there a thread similar to this only for the film entries?

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

I hate the new bios. *Everyone who commented on this topic before me gasps dramatically*

I'm kidding. I love the new bios. They look more modernized.
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

So, I'm going to go out and ask the question: what are we really gaining anything by editing the monster bios? Does this really change anything?
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

JVM wrote:So, I'm going to go out and ask the question: what are we really gaining anything by editing the monster bios? Does this really change anything?
A lot more background information is being added, something this site has needed now that the days of "TODAY'S UPDATE IS YET ANOTHER TOON/POWER LEVEL CHART LOL". The new bios have revealed a lot of info, like the history behind the strange "Moguera 2" name in Godzilla: Save the Earth, Rodan raising the DAM Baragon, and the Giant Condor/Giant Eagle split among other things.

Now hopefully the same can be done with the Cast/Crew section (and NOT just the Godzilla 98 actors, please).