TK's New and Improved Monster Bios

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
JVM
Xilien Halfling

Re: TK's New and Improved Monster Bios

Post by JVM »

UltramanGoji wrote:
JVM wrote:So, I'm going to go out and ask the question: what are we really gaining anything by editing the monster bios? Does this really change anything?
A lot more background information is being added, something this site has needed now that the days of "TODAY'S UPDATE IS YET ANOTHER TOON/POWER LEVEL CHART LOL". The new bios have revealed a lot of info, like the history behind the strange "Moguera 2" name in Godzilla: Save the Earth, Rodan raising the DAM Baragon, and the Giant Condor/Giant Eagle split.
It seems fairly equally contrived, in my opinion, to post something made up for an obscure book, that isn't relevant to anything, than to make something up on one's own.

All that said, would it really be so bad if the staff stopped finding increasingly contrived, forced ways to keep a 'daily' update schedule?
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

UltramanGoji wrote:Now hopefully the same can be done with the Cast/Crew section (and NOT just the Godzilla 98 actors, please).
Ahh, now there's an idea. Still getting a handle on the coding layout for the site, and I've been looking for areas other than monster bios that need layout updates. Totally overlooked the Cast/Crew section, I'll definitely keep tabs on those.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Just noticed these in the Shin Godzilla bio -
An ancient marine mammal suddenly found itself surrounded by radioactive material.
The creature proceeded to rapidly mutate into an organism that could withstand.
Withstand what? Might be more goofs...
http://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/godzil ... html#first

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

tbeasley wrote:Just noticed these in the Shin Godzilla bio -
An ancient marine mammal suddenly found itself surrounded by radioactive material.
The creature proceeded to rapidly mutate into an organism that could withstand.
Withstand what? Might be more goofs...
http://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/godzil ... html#first
Mmmm - I think it's okay.
An ancient marine mammal suddenly found itself surrounded by radioactive material. The creature proceeded to rapidly mutate into an organism that could withstand.
Given the context of the post behind it, he adapted to withstand, in regards to the previous sentence. It's a little jumbled around but you get it XD

Then again, adding an "it" at the end isn't that far outside the realm either - lol.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

What about calling him a mammal?

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

tbeasley wrote:What about calling him a mammal?
You see, the bold on Gotengo doesn't show very well XD Good catch.

Nudge
GigaBowserG wrote:
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Is there any particular reason why the Monster Bios use "tons" instead of "metric tons"? I'm pretty sure Japan uses the metric system and it'd make things less confusing for anyone from the US viewing them.