General TohoKingdom Forum Errors and Bugs Thread

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Re: General TohoKingdom Forum Errors and Bugs Thread

Post by godzillafan1954 »

SpaceG92 wrote:Oh dear J- my eyes. I was thinking that something in the post is triggering the host's block as well. Pretty sure we used all of these words in post at some time or another...

First things first. Copy all of the text you have and paste it as "Plain Text". So just copy it into Notepad and re-copy it again from there and see if it gives you the same error.

If it does, try PMing me the contents of the post and seeing if it has the same result.

-and we'll go from there. I don't want to get ahead of myself.
You never got back with me on my issue... You must think I'm a minority.
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

godzillafan1954 wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:Oh dear J- my eyes. I was thinking that something in the post is triggering the host's block as well. Pretty sure we used all of these words in post at some time or another...

First things first. Copy all of the text you have and paste it as "Plain Text". So just copy it into Notepad and re-copy it again from there and see if it gives you the same error.

If it does, try PMing me the contents of the post and seeing if it has the same result.

I apologize for getting confused with all of those PM's you sent me, saying the issue was fixed then stated that you lied. PM'ing me again and saying its fixed again.

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

SpaceG92 wrote:
godzillafan1954 wrote:

I apologize for getting confused with all of those PM's you sent me, saying the issue was fixed then stated that you lied. PM'ing me again and saying its fixed again.
Yeah but the I pm'd you and you asked for the content and you never replied.
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Yeah... When I had typed it in with that insanity up there, I had used more space between the words to try and reduce the eye sore, but then it got smushed down as shown up there... Going to give it a try here.

Aaaaaand, slag... Wouldn't work in PMs either, so I clicked your website link, and sent you a message through there with the contents of what I was trying to post. Since I have no idea what in there is causing the issue, that was the only way I could see of showing you the contents.

Edit: Added in a quote to distinguish from another conversation.

Edit2: Also noticed that others are having a similar 403 issue, though some are random, others are consistent as one mentioned either the amount of what's in a post or the contents. With my problem, having taken it, posted it into the note pad with a few errors fixed, it still gave me that issue. It may well be the content filter glitching thanks to some gremlin in the code...

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Dr. Carter wrote:<snip>
Indeed! I got both your messages :P

I did some research into it, and was (thankfully) able to replicate the issue with the text you provided. From what I have gathered, something is triggering the host's filter and giving you the 403. Nothing I can do on my end to fix it. However I did let the site owner know of the issue.

It's nothing too serious thankfully but its definitely annoying and frustrating. If it ever happens again, use the "Back" arrow and it should recover your post (tested with Chrome). The band-aid fix would to be restructuring your post from the ground up, sadly :( .

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Testing here, I think I know what may be causing the issue... And sadly, it's not a single word, but a combination. Like, if you put aside and from right next to each other, in that order, it'll do it. Have to see if the reverse is true...

aside from

from aside

Edit: Um, okay... That should have worked... Aside from figuring out what else is going on with that, I thought I had it...

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Dr. Carter wrote:Testing here, I think I know what may be causing the issue... And sadly, it's not a single word, but a combination. Like, if you put aside and from right next to each other, in that order, it'll do it. Have to see if the reverse is true...

aside from

from aside

Edit: Um, okay... That should have worked... Aside from figuring out what else is going on with that, I thought I had it...
aside from

that :P It doesn't always work. I had it as [. Aside} (minus brackets) for a while before it suddenly "fixed itself". The whole post you had as a whole still triggers it last time I tested.

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Yeah, when I made a post in an rp thread, it was triggering it. I had to chop the post up into pieces, and piece meal it together. When I came to the paragraph where the combination of words was at, it triggered it. So I then worked with it sentence by sentence, and then word by word of the sentence that triggered it. When I came to aside, it didn't trigger. But as soon as I followed it up with "from," that was when it triggered. Other uses of the word didn't trigger it, but that particular one was. So I simply split up from in the middle, and then I pasted the rest of the post, and it worked fine. That might also explain why location sometimes triggers it, and other times doesn't. Still, not good news to know it's combinations of words that trigger the glitch gremlin, and seemingly randomly... The coder is going to have a nightmare trying to figure that one out...

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I kept getting a 403 error every time I tried to use the word
D
E
L
E
T
E
In a PM to Greyshot

And in the KWC match request thread, you get the same error if you try to make a post using the word
L
O
C
A
T
I
O
N
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:I kept getting a 403 error every time I tried to use the word
D
E
L
E
T
E
In a PM to Greyshot

And in the KWC match request thread, you get the same error if you try to make a post using the word
L
O
C
A
T
I
O
N
Just did both and it worked just fine. ):

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Its still giving me a 403 error, just tried it

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Location delete
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Birdman wrote:Location delete
The Location problem is in the KWC request thread only it seems, how weird

EDIT: No, the entire KWC sub forum has the problem
Last edited by Lain Of The Wired on Sun May 21, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I just checked: every thread in the KWC section denies the use of the word 'location'.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Birdman wrote:I just checked: every thread in the KWC section denies the use of the word 'location'.
Yeah, i just tried to use it in the banner thread and got the same error

Someone care to fix this, its been a problem for a while now :lol:

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Birdman wrote:I just checked: every thread in the KWC section denies the use of the word 'location'.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8262&p=1493111#p1493111

/shrug

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

SpaceG92 wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8262&p=1493111#p1493111

/shrug
*sigh*

It's not JUST the word Location, the error occurs when you type
L
O
C
A
T
I
O
N
:

Try going to the KWC request thread and typing out Location with a ":" directly after the word, the 403 problem still lingers.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote: *sigh*

It's not JUST the word Location, the error occurs when you type
L
O
C
A
T
I
O
N
:

Try going to the KWC request thread and typing out Location with a ":" directly after the word, the 403 problem still lingers.
Should have mentioned the colon part in your first post and your previous ones.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3082&p=1493311#p1493311

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

When I log out it says I'm still on the forums. Also I randomly got logged out when I opened a page on the forums in a new tab. Edit: Nevermind, it solved itself.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.