General TohoKingdom Forum Errors and Bugs Thread

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
TheSecondComing
Futurian

Re: General TohoKingdom Forum Errors and Bugs Thread

Post by TheSecondComing »

I have been getting a huge 403 error the past few days trying to post my normal crew updates in the Legendary section. I had no issue doing the same for PRU in the Media Center today.

EDIT: This post met the same error when I tried putting that crew info in it, but went through when I deleted it.
Last edited by TheSecondComing on Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

TheSecondComing wrote:I have been getting a huge 403 error the past few days trying to post my normal crew updates in the Legendary section. I had no issue doing the same for PRU in the Media Center today.

EDIT: This post met the same error when I tried putting that crew info in it, but went through when I deleted it.
Ongoing investigation on the cause of that -

The working theory if that certain words are triggering a host side process block/service that is just way too trigger happy and giving you a 403 in response. The process is doing it's intended job, but it's variable selection is spotty it seems. Every and any other 403 related matters that remotely fit the outline of this one, just don't match. They would be completely immediate and 100% repeatable from day 1 to 3 years down the road (assuming no forum infer-structure was changed between then and now). While you can immediately replicate the actions here, it's only for XX amount of time before it finally allows you to post.

I've noticed that the small sample size of information supplied to me that larger posts seem to trigger it more often. That really doesn't mean much but it's just an observation.

Added in 19 minutes 34 seconds:
TheSecondComing wrote:<re-bumping tag>
I forgot to mention,

Can you please supply me via a PM of the 403 error in question, if you can replicate it again? I would like to see if it is the same as the others. I don't see why I wouldn't but you never know. If you would like to go one step further, keep the text you are trying to post handy in a notepad document or whatever text pad you prefer, and I may ask for it for my records and trying to narrow down what it causing the error.

Please and thank you

TheSecondComing
Futurian

It seems to be triggered by certain words, like Phantom Pain's vocal parasites. I tooled around with the words in my KOM post in question, and I found that the word causing the issue was "head" as in "head textile artist Keith Hudson."

EDIT: The same word which posted here in Comments no problem.
Last edited by TheSecondComing on Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

TheSecondComing wrote:It seems to be triggered by certain words, like Phantom Pain's vocal parasites. I tooled around with the words in my KOM post in question, and I found that the word causing the issue was "head" as in "head textile artist Keith Hudson."

EDIT: The same word which posted here in Comments no problem.
Hence why this thing is a pain in the butt to catch and corner ;) The random nature of it working in certain threads and then blowing up in others is frustrating me the most not to mention the random words it tends to get triggered over.

Man, this thing gets more triggered then me! :rimshot:

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Just met this problem again in General where the offensive word was "get."

Fixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixit.

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

On the movie page for Godzilla: Final Wars, the alternate movie titles listed are those used for Invasion of the Astro-Monster.
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:On the movie page for Godzilla: Final Wars, the alternate movie titles listed are those used for Invasion of the Astro-Monster.
Thread Title wrote:Re: General TohoKingdom Forum Errors and Bugs Thread
;)

Thank you for the head up and catch Squidly! Giga is normally on top of checking the forums but I'll send him a notification as well.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Infamous 403 Error strikes again! In the Legendary forum, I tried to post this message:

Don't think there's a set date released, but principal photography should take about 3-4 months, so probably finished by December, I'd imagine.

P o s t is gonna be the killer.
Without spacing, of course.

Spaced out word seems to be the problem.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Infamous 403 Error strikes again! In the Legendary forum, I tried to post this message:

Don't think there's a set date released, but principal photography should take about 3-4 months, so probably finished by December, I'd imagine.

P o s t is gonna be the killer.
Without spacing, of course.

Spaced out word seems to be the problem.
Whoops, something messed up in my Shin Godzilla Hate censoring algorithm. Sorry about that -

OT: Noted - this is still an ongoing investigation and it turns out the initial theory may not be the cause. Just keep me up to date on when they happen, and a vague time stamp.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Spoilers are fucked now
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Spoilers are fucked now
Thank you for being detailed.

I noted a quoted spoiler broke (won't open) but it was only one. I went back and checked spoilers from earlier 2017 and they were fine. Could be a random bork.

Added in 7 minutes :
Just checked posts from 2015. They work.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Getting a 403 error in the General KWC thread, all I typed was "get on it"
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Saw the following error when I had finished editing a post for today's PRU crew update. That crew addition was added successfully on the first attempt too, so I especially have no idea why TK showed me this.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/search/fulltext_native.php on line 107: Missing argument 8 for phpbb/search/fulltext_native::__construct(), called in [ROOT]/ext/rxu/PostsMerging/core/helper.php on line 261 and defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 2423: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Spoiler tags are messed up for me as well. For example, if there's say, four spoiler tags, I can open the first, but if I click any of the other spoiler tags, they will merely close/open the first spoiler tag, never themselves.

It's torture not knowing whats behind those spoiler tags :P
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

MothraRocks wrote:Spoiler tags are messed up for me as well. For example, if there's say, four spoiler tags, I can open the first, but if I click any of the other spoiler tags, they will merely close/open the first spoiler tag, never themselves.

It's torture not knowing whats behind those spoiler tags :P
Spoiler:
Testing
Spoiler:
these
Spoiler:
tags
Spoiler:
and whats up
Added in 25 seconds:
Well now...

Looks like were going back to the old spoiler tags!

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

I can't tell if those spoiler tags are just for testing or if you're just being a sick fuck and tormenting me :freak:
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

MothraRocks wrote:I can't tell if those spoiler tags are just for testing or if you're just being a sick fuck and tormenting me :freak:
Testing :P

I reverted the spoiler tags back to the previous.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Not sure if it's an 'error,' per se, but- is the word censoring on the blink? I have that option enabled, but I haven't seen a 'skreeonk' in months, and plenty of profanity.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Zarm wrote:Not sure if it's an 'error,' per se, but- is the word censoring on the blink? I have that option enabled, but I haven't seen a 'skreeonk' in months, and plenty of profanity.
Just tested out on commonly used swears and it converted them with the censor. For the sake of discussion - can you post the uncensored swear in a spoiler so I can see if it's been added to the censor or not?

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

SpaceG92 wrote:
Zarm wrote:Not sure if it's an 'error,' per se, but- is the word censoring on the blink? I have that option enabled, but I haven't seen a 'skreeonk' in months, and plenty of profanity.
Just tested out on commonly used swears and it converted them with the censor. For the sake of discussion - can you post the uncensored swear in a spoiler so I can see if it's been added to the censor or not?
Spoiler:
Rather than think of the Heisei series they mentally block out the moment Rodan pecked out MG's skull and MG blasted a shit ton of wires into godzilla. Or when Godzilla rushed at Spacegodzilla and started biting the shit out of him and overloading him with energy. Don't forget when all the little destoroyahs climbed on burning Godzilla, or when Ghidorah stomped the shit out of Godzilla into the ground
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!