General TohoKingdom Forum Errors and Bugs Thread

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: General TohoKingdom Forum Errors and Bugs Thread

Post by Zarm »

In this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=27278&p=1524197#p1524197

...Trying to post with a spoiler tag freaks things the heck out. The end-spoiler tag doesn't get recognized, and the entire post is formatted in small text that wraps around the avatar and profile box.

Edit: Sorry, my bad, I think I found the issue- an open spoiler tag in the quoted text at the start.
Last edited by Zarm on Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Zarm wrote:In this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=27278&p=1524197#p1524197

...Trying to post with a spoiler tag freaks things the heck out. The end-spoiler tag doesn't get recognized, and the entire post is formatted in small text that wraps around the avatar and profile box.

Edit: Sorry, my bad, I think I found the issue- an open spoiler tag in the quoted text at the start.
Yup, the spoiler tag blows up if you format it horribly wrong and leave it open. It happened before :P

As for the post merging, yeah that can freak out too for some reason. I need to look into that.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

More of an Error, but Sirenjaw still has "Death Jackal" as the name.
http://www.tohokingdom.com/comics/cret/sirenjaw.html
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Lolitra
Monsterland Worker

Post by Lolitra »

My post discussing the possible implications of 5'4" manlet Steven DeKnight's testosterone deficiency on the production of Pacific Rim: WARRRR READY disappeared.
Waterproof

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post by GodEmperorGabara »

Lolitra wrote:My post discussing the possible implications of 5'4" manlet Steven DeKnight's testosterone deficiency on the production of Pacific Rim: WARRRR READY disappeared.
Wasn't a bug, I deleted it because it was spam.
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.
<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.

Lolitra
Monsterland Worker

Post by Lolitra »

GodEmperorGabara wrote:
Lolitra wrote:My post discussing the possible implications of 5'4" manlet Steven DeKnight's testosterone deficiency on the production of Pacific Rim: WARRRR READY disappeared.
It was intended as a joke relevant to criticisms of the film and of Deknight's twitter presence. No spam was intended, and I didn't realize I was spamming, as the post does not fit the site's definition:
Spamming

The following types of posting are forbidden:
Advertising (unless restricted to signatures or the appropriate topic).
Intentionally posting the same thing over and over and over again.
Intentionally posting blank messages without any discernible content.
As glitches can occur, considerations can be made for accidental failure to abide by the above terms.
Simple affirmative posts (such as "yes" and "no" answers) are allowed provided they flow with the discussion.
Apologies if I inadvertently posted something forbidden, but I believed I was within the rules as they're written. :( Was there another rule somewhere about spam I overlooked? (I want to follow the rules.)
Waterproof

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Lolitra wrote:
GodEmperorGabara wrote:
It was intended as a joke relevant to criticisms of the film and of Deknight's twitter presence. No spam was intended, and I didn't realize I was spamming, as the post does not fit the site's definition:
Spamming

The following types of posting are forbidden:
Advertising (unless restricted to signatures or the appropriate topic).
Intentionally posting the same thing over and over and over again.
Intentionally posting blank messages without any discernible content.
As glitches can occur, considerations can be made for accidental failure to abide by the above terms.
Simple affirmative posts (such as "yes" and "no" answers) are allowed provided they flow with the discussion.
Apologies if I inadvertently posted something forbidden, but I believed I was within the rules as they're written. :( Was there another rule somewhere about spam I overlooked? (I want to follow the rules.)
Check your PM box. Sent you a message
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

#inb4 TK conspiracy

wait -

Lolitra wrote:quote meant to send notification
I sadly do not have a copy/record of the deleted post - so I cannot verify any details myself. :s

Though, just by going what you typed below -
My post discussing the possible implications of 5'4" manlet Steven DeKnight's testosterone deficiency--
Just by going from the recap above, I can sorta see why it got deleted. Especially if the above is basically what was posted. It just comes off as asking to start something. Again, I do not have the post so I cannot verify what was said and in this case this would have been extremely helpful for both your side and mine.

By any chance if you are running Chrome you can salvage the tab from your post history and recover the post data. A print screen of the original post (preferably after posting w/ time stamp showing) would be nice - but I really cannot do much w/o that i'm afraid.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lolitra
Monsterland Worker

Post by Lolitra »

I didn't know I wasn't allowed to make fun of celebrities. It's not in the rules, and I didn't mean to start anything with anyone on the site. If Steve DeKnight wants to fight me, though, this girl is #WARRRRR READY to smash that smol boi. (on second thought, he'd probably enjoy that, so never mind)

Admin lets all just let this go.
Last edited by Lolitra on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waterproof

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Lolitra wrote:I didn't know I wasn't allowed to make fun of celebrities. It's not in the rules, and I didn't mean to start anything with anyone on the site. If Steve DeKnight wants to fight me, though, this girl is #WARRRRR READY to smash that smol boi. (on second thought, he'd probably enjoy that, so never mind)

Admin lets all just let this go.
For the sake of clarification -

Making fun of celebrities is fine, hell, especially if they deserve it for being really stupid or doing something even stupider. Again, I do not know the context of the original post, but something like the below - is generally seen in a negative light to the mod staff. Again, this is an example;
Thread about Shin Godzilla wrote: User 1: This movie rocks!
User 2: SO DEEP!
User 3: ANNO DID IT AGAIN!

User 4: God this movie sucks that midget cuck Abe's shlong so much.

User 1: Godzilla is teh biggerest.
User 3: <youtube review plug here>
User 3: <Double post>
Context.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Received this error while attempting one of those "merge post" things. The message went through fine, but I had to go back and try to post it again.

And here's what I posted:
Here's an example of what I mean:

[YT tag]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ITzgG8_a6o[/YT tag]

The animations are fast, but there's a weight behind them. Akuma's a pretty big guy and you can see how heavy his attacks look. A game with this kind of fighting style while still keeping relatively true to the monster's speeds (i.e. Godzilla is a little slow, Mechagodzilla is very slow, Jet Jaguar is a little fast, Rodan is very fast) would be awesome and a nice breath of fresh air from the 3D fighters and simulators we've gotten in the past decade.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Received this error while attempting one of those "merge post" things. The message went through fine, but I had to go back and try to post it again.
Thank you for reminding me - this has been a thing for a while. Work got extremely busy and i've been called in a lot.

As for the error itself, you post will still post normally, just hit the back button of your browser and navigate out of the "post reply". The post should still post and auto merge as normal (tested on Chrome). You just get this ugly little text whenever it merges.

I'll look into playing around with the merge post on my board and see if it still causes the error and I'll see if a clean reinstall of the extension will resolve the problem.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

I keep.getting signed out when I try to delete my PMs.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:I keep.getting signed out when I try to delete my PMs.
Been seeing random sign-outs for a while now.

I personally have never had an issue with it with numerous testing and I still think it's a user end thing. Make sure you have cookies enabled as well as save site history. Even if you allow just the TK forum domain to remember settings, it still may not "click".

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Post merge error popped up again, just to let ya know.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Yeah, I've been getting that a lot lately.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Post merge error popped up again, just to let ya know.

https://i.gyazo.com/0571b591fdc37ae5f04 ... 96e369.png
Zarm wrote:Yeah, I've been getting that a lot lately.
E'yup. Still haven't been active on that one. tl;dr Work has me doing extra time and have been crashing as soon as I get home.

In case anyone else posts about this - it's from post merging. Simple tl;dr fix. As annoying as it is, your post merged properly - DO NOT REFRESH THE PAGE (you'll double post). You post should have merged and if you want to return back - you should be off fine using the "Back" arrow once or twice until you see the forum again.

---

Since i'm here now though - - - who needs more then 5 hours sleep right?

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Should work now w/o problems.

Added in 18 seconds:
w00t!!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

SpaceG92 wrote:Simple tl;dr fix. As annoying as it is, your post merged properly - DO NOT REFRESH THE PAGE (you'll double post). You post should have merged and if you want to return back - you should be off fine using the "Back" arrow once or twice until you see the forum again.
And if you're paranoid about it, hitting 'Back' once, the text box usually still has what you typed in it, so you can always highlight and copy to the clipboard, then refresh the page to see if it merged, and still have it preserved 'just in case'.

Although, again, that's just for paranoia since it does indeed seem to merge correctly without fail. :)

Maranatha!

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Quick problem - every time I go to send a PM my screen goes white. Nothing restarts or anything, I just can't send PMs.

Also Happy New Year.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587