General TohoKingdom Forum Errors and Bugs Thread

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: General TohoKingdom Forum Errors and Bugs Thread

Post by SpaceG92 »

Zarm wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:
Zarm wrote:Not sure if it's an 'error,' per se, but- is the word censoring on the blink? I have that option enabled, but I haven't seen a 'skreeonk' in months, and plenty of profanity.
Just tested out on commonly used swears and it converted them with the censor. For the sake of discussion - can you post the uncensored swear in a spoiler so I can see if it's been added to the censor or not?
Spoiler:
Rather than think of the Heisei series they mentally block out the moment Rodan pecked out MG's skull and MG blasted a Hedorah ton of wires into godzilla. Or when Godzilla rushed at Spacegodzilla and started biting the Hedorah out of him and overloading him with energy. Don't forget when all the little destoroyahs climbed on burning Godzilla, or when Ghidorah stomped the Hedorah out of Godzilla into the ground
Dunno why that wasn't added to the censor.

Added! :P

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Speaking of the censors, how do you remove them? the hedorah one is annoying
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Speaking of the censors, how do you remove them? the hedorah one is annoying
Go the your User Control Panel. Then go to the board preferences section. Then go to Edit display options. That's where you'll find the option to turn off censoring.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:Speaking of the censors, how do you remove them? the hedorah one is annoying
Go the your User Control Panel. Then go to the board preferences section. Then go to Edit display options. That's where you'll find the option to turn off censoring.
Yes. Thank you
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

#NoFunAllowed

I can change the Hedorah->skreeonk. Though, I find the Hedorah one far more fitting :P

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Any particular reason I'm not getting notifications from topics I've posted in?
#slatternking

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Any particular reason I'm not getting notifications from topics I've posted in?
Are you subscribed to the topic? Otherwise, in order to get a notification someone needs to quote you.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

SpaceG92 wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:Any particular reason I'm not getting notifications from topics I've posted in?
Are you subscribed to the topic? Otherwise, in order to get a notification someone needs to quote you.
Strange, I just assumed once you commented in a thread, you were automatically subscribed to it
#slatternking

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:
Strange, I just assumed once you commented in a thread, you were automatically subscribed to it
Lol. Nah, it doesn't work that way. That would be silly :P

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

I keep getting errors when I try to post, brings me to a white page filled with scrambled code and text
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
#slatternking

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

I'm not even getting notifications when posts are made in threads I created, this has to be a new thing because every forum I've ever been apart of not only automatically notifies you when a new post has been made if you've commented in it before, but especially when posts have been made to threads you've created.
#slatternking

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:I'm not even getting notifications when posts are made in threads I created, this has to be a new thing because every forum I've ever been apart of not only automatically notifies you when a new post has been made if you've commented in it before, but especially when posts have been made to threads you've created.
It's never been that way - I think Vega on old TK had it set up like that but not here, currently.
PitchBlackProgress wrote:I keep getting errors when I try to post, brings me to a white page filled with scrambled code and text
Got it too, been trying to get it to happen again.

I think it has to do with the spoiler tag since it only happened to AFTER I changed it back. I also need information on what was done during the post such as what BBCodes used, context of post and if it was quoted or not.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Thank you for clearing it up for me
#slatternking

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Trying to add Magma Turtle and Swamp Locust into the Monsterverse bestiary. I went to edit the pictures to where they were formatted like all the rest, but every time I hit submit, it clears the field and says "your message contains too few characters.

Thank you guys in advance.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:Trying to add Magma Turtle and Swamp Locust into the Monsterverse bestiary. I went to edit the pictures to where they were formatted like all the rest, but every time I hit submit, it clears the field and says "your message contains too few characters.

Went to go try it myself and it posted/edited fine - I really dunno what to say about that one - seems to be server side and not us.

Appreciate the report! :D

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

SpaceG92 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:Trying to add Magma Turtle and Swamp Locust into the Monsterverse bestiary. I went to edit the pictures to where they were formatted like all the rest, but every time I hit submit, it clears the field and says "your message contains too few characters.

Went to go try it myself and it posted/edited fine - I really dunno what to say about that one - seems to be server side and not us.

Appreciate the report! :D
Thanks SpaceG. :huge:
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Dunno if this has been mentioned - or if it's even a bug - but images are now super tiny in spoilers. Is there a reason for that?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Rody wrote:Dunno if this has been mentioned - or if it's even a bug - but images are now super tiny in spoilers. Is there a reason for that?
I think it might be a bug, but it's also better for mobile users.

You can right click/hold down and open it in a new tab for now.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Rody wrote:Dunno if this has been mentioned - or if it's even a bug - but images are now super tiny in spoilers. Is there a reason for that?
I think it might be a bug, but it's also better for mobile users.

You can right click/hold down and open it in a new tab for now.
50% right. You still get a cookie!

Okie dokie - here's what's up.

Dem spoiler tags be like quotes n' stuff. Like - they actually be quote tags - y'all gett'n me? No?

Okay. So we all know we have the image resize feature right? I got really aggro on seeing people still quoting images - because it's hard - hell if I know, and I ended up changing the quote image resize from 100->10. So all quoted images are small. This created a small problem with the current spoiler tags - which in their code is written and phrased like a quote box. Infact, it even uses the "quotebox" code. In essence, the spoiler tag we have now is a hide able quote box. Hence the resize.

I attempted to fix this by adding a new spoiler tag. It worked but created a problem of it's own. It would go absolutely crazy and flip out when you tried adding 2 spoiler tags in one post. All the spoiler stuff in one post or noth'n pretty much.

To fix this resize problem, use the [pic] tag instead of image. Just replace the highlighted. The resizer will automatically scale the image to whatever the aspect ratio number is.

**Everything within the < > and remove the < > - they are just there as markers.

Code: Select all

[pic=<urlhere>] x<aspectratiohere>[/pic
example below

Code: Select all

[pic=https://pre00.deviantart.net/71c3/th/pre/f/2016/306/0/a/happy_spookyween_2016_by_spaceg92-dan2cj7.png] x820[/pic]
Spoiler:
Resized Image
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

^Understood; thanks.