What TK subforum has the most drama?

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What TK subforum has the most drama?

Post by eabaker »

BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
eabaker wrote: Not me? I'm given to understand that I "would argue with a fence post."
Maybe when you argue, you have a magic aura that magically makes it not count as drama.
If I ever write an X-Men script (or rip-off), that's totally gonna be somebody's mutant power, and it's gonna save the world.

I'll give you a special thanks credit. ;)
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

BrashAlaskan95 wrote: On topic, getting rid of the FMs would be a double-edged sword, but at the same time keeping them is just a catalyst to get people banned, because of how heated they get.
I'd say we keep the FMs open, it keeps the heat out of other areas. If people are willing to get their jimmies rustled over something as silly as a Fantasy Match, then let them. It keeps the other subforums clean.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

LaserDuel
GPN Volunteer

Post by LaserDuel »

Definitely the FM section. Talking about Final Wars gets some pissy comments on most boards, but a single mention of that movie turns every discussion on that forum into an endless hurricane of nerd rage about whose underpowered or overpowered. However, I think it should stay. If people get banned for posts they make their, then that just proves that they were disobeying the rules and they don't belong on the forums. It's not like the FM section forces them to post stupid crap, they bring it on themselves and are banned for it. Forum Darwinism if you will.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Uh, I never noticed any drama on the toys section, then again I tend to keept to my two threads. Anywho, I decided to poke my head to FM's(again) and I'm in the process of getting my head ripped off. I guess it's my fault but seriously, there is no such thing a civil discussion down there.it's pretty much like just going and putting your thoughts, going away to do something else, coming back and seeing that someone has disagree your little comment and after a whole essay on why your stupid and wrong, they basically give you the middle finger and tell you that you are Bo longer valid about anything and should kill yourself(yes this aha happend....) anywho it's kinda funny

It would be nice if more mods went in there to keep things cool, it's like a volcano down dar! And ya the g2014 thread, I've noticed a few heated discussions. Seems like we have three main suspects here hmmmmmmm
Resized Image

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

The FM section. By far.

Though now that RZK is gone things seem to have settled a bit.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

Wait....I haven't been to the FMs for a couple months....did something happen to it in the meantime? :freak:

The last time I went there it was a pretty nice place (which was around the Tokuatsu Tag-team Taisen). There were arguments, sure, but no more abundant than in the General Discussion or Media Centre.

Although getting rid of the FMs and keeping the Shadow Arena is silly- the Shadow Arena is among the most ridiculous and pointless sections I have ever seen and it somehow occupies half of more of the posts of a good number of members.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

20th Century Boy wrote:If we get rid of the fantasy matches subforum, all the "who can beat who" is just going to migrate to the other subforums. Better to just leave it alone if you don't want to participate.

I disagree...on the contrary, I think eliminating the FM section would drive away some of the younger obnoxious/troll-ish posters/behavior away, which can only be a good thing..,
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Megalon7
Monsterland Worker

Post by Megalon7 »

I'm all for getting rid of the fantasy matches and the shadow arena. It would benefit the forums if we got rid of those sections (as a few others just pointed out)

kiryu42red
Interpol Agent

Post by kiryu42red »

Megalon7 wrote:I'm all for getting rid of the fantasy matches and the shadow arena. It would benefit the forums if we got rid of those sections (as a few others just pointed out)

nah, those are fun. except when people start flaming each other

Superrex
G-Grasper

Post by Superrex »

Definitely the FM section. If you have an opinion that someone doesn't agree with, they'll show no mercy on you. Instead of just saying "I disagree with you" or something nice like that,they berate them like their a horrible person. That's usually how most of the flame wars start.
How the FMs should be most of the time:
Member 1: I think this monster will win because it can do this and has this power.
Member 2: I disagree with you. I think this other monster will win because it has this power.
How the FMs are now(sometimes,not always):
Member 1: I think this monster will win because it has this power and can do this.
Member 2:...Are you fucking stupid?! There's no way it will win this at all you idiot! This other monster will destroy doing this and that!
Probably the unluckiest guy in the Shadow Arena
Shadow Arena History:
Wins:7
Defeats:8
Chris55 wrote:
wisper15 wrote:I sucks donkey dick.
"He's really bad at it too!"

-The donkey

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Yeah, the FM IMO are just boring. Who cares if monster X can beat Monster Y. And now they involve PR mechs and how much of a bad ass they are :roll: .

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

If you guys don't like the FMs don't go there. That simple. :roll:

EDIT: Removed by me. I sounded like an asshole.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

GojiFan
Gotengo Officer

Post by GojiFan »

I find it amusing that with all this talk about the FM's, and how much I myself have posted in there, yet I have not received a single warning. People starting arguments and generally insulting others personally over something trivial is how people get banned for flaming. Happens in general discussion, happens in the toy section, and it happens in the media section. It happens everywhere.

Yes, there is a lot of Pacific Rim stuff. But closing down the fantasy matches for that is no different than closing down general discussion because 90% of the posts are "what made you laugh/angry/sad/happy/constipated today?"
Legionmaster wrote:You can't counter-seduce, women can shut down their libido at will. It's scary fast too. You'll have to do the man version: punch her in the face.

kiryu42red
Interpol Agent

Post by kiryu42red »

start another whine thread!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I'm really hoping to see some crazy drama pop up in this thread...
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

kiryu42red wrote:start another whine thread!
F**k that noise. Seriously, if another whine thread EVER opens and stays open there's no reason for me to come back here ..

demoylition
Interpol Agent

Post by demoylition »

Most definitely the fantasy matches
Shadow Arena: 2 win 1 loss

three
Keizer

Post by three »

actually, i have a question: if someone were to make a new whine thread, would they receive a warning/ban? i mean i don't plan on it, mostly because i handle whatever comes up either by PM or right there in the thread (and by some miracle have no warnings to date) but if it happened, would anyone really even care? would the rush of new members (current new ones, not new ones expected in the future due to the movie in 2014) keep it open, if only for a short while? i'm curious.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Zubat
Samurai

Post by Zubat »

Draglord wrote:A new Whine Thread isn't gonna happen and the old one isn't getting reopened as far as I am aware of. I wouldn't give anybody a warning for making another whine thread, I'd just lock it and I'd say the other mods would probably do the same.
I've only been here for a day; yet I've heard this Whine Thread mentioned at least twice.
Resident Sadamasa Arikawa Fan.

快傑ズバット

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Draglord wrote:A new Whine Thread isn't gonna happen and the old one isn't getting reopened as far as I am aware of. I wouldn't give anybody a warning for making another whine thread, I'd just lock it and I'd say the other mods would probably do the same.
Very happy to hear that. If it was ever reopened permanently or if a new one was made and stuck around I would be outta here faster then lightning ...