New Mod Nominations

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Re: New Mod Nominations

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Gawdziller wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:I've kinda really wanted to become a MOD on here for some time…
I used to mod at another board, and from my experience most wgo ask to be a mod are the ones who shouldn't be. But it largely depends on character and contributions when we promoted.
I know it's a tough job, but I'd try my very fullest to make sure the job is done, and done correctly.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Berzerkgodzilla
G-Grasper

Post by Berzerkgodzilla »

The one rule I like on another site I use, is that if you ask to be a mod you are automatically barred from ever being one.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

I'm not asking, I just said, it's something I'd be interested in

three
Keizer

Post by three »

i had the potential and still have it to be a mod on another site (surprising, considering some of my posting habits here). i refused it. the reason being is because i agree with the claim made by a fellow member of that site that "mods are expected to lead by example. they're people too, and can make mistakes, argue, debate, etc. but they always have that little asterisk that they've got a MOD sign next to their name, and we expect them to show us how to handle ourselves on this site."

i don't think i could pull it off. i've already gotten myself in hot water with a few posters here. granted, i can be a jerk on occasion, say things others might find idiotic, or be an arse. but i also don't think i could lead by example in the proper manner; that is to say i couldn't mod and given a situation where there is a troll, or a poster who is out of line so much as once, i may ban/spam/argue them into the dirt. so even if i was qualified to do it here (and i'm not, before anyone gets started), i don't think i could do it well enough. i think we might need another mod or two yea, in my short time here i can see that. but out of the current set of posters the only one i see as viable is Ebaker and that's because the dude has knowledge, respect, he spends good amount of time here, etc.

by the same token, i've seen other posters here that people seem to think are "qualified" who just aren't. not naming names here, but that's the truth. if anyone's gonna do it, they'd have to be leading by example already, and i really don't see that happening too often here right now. lots of off topic randomness, or just aggression at perceived opinions of other members for no good reason at all. condescending attitudes are abundant, as is just being a smart arse. mods, IMO shouldn't act like that regularly and plenty do here from the pool of potential mods.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Do we have a new mod?
Who's Test Name?

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/member ... ile&u=4266

Berzerkgodzilla
G-Grasper

Post by Berzerkgodzilla »

Well the username is "Test Name" maybe they're trying something out.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Berzerkgodzilla wrote:Well the username is "Test Name" maybe they're trying something out.
Cyber MODS

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

yaburu wrote:That's somebody do some mad scientist experiments guys. Move along, nothing to see here.
*Camera guys and reporters clamoring inside* 'Mr. Somebody, tell us. Are you making this Cyber Mod as a real-life Skynet, or is it a plan to take over the world?'
On Topic: So seeing how we have two new Mods, are we done with this or do we still need spots filled up?
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

No one who has posted in this thread has what it takes to be a mod. Which is to not get "baited"... ;)

...yeah, I guess that's it.
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

Captain Aktion wrote:No one who has posted in this thread has what it takes to be a mod.
What makes you say that? That's a pretty big generalization.
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

^Baited. Nah, too small, throwing you back.

No, seriously. If you respond to a thread like this, either making up reasons why someone else should be or shouldn't be, or even worse, trying to make a case for why you yourself should be a mod?

Again, you seem like you're being baited. High-level trolling, for sure (AND I'm not saying that's what this topic is, I'm just SAYIN'), but still, if you can't see through that if it's happening...?

*pfft* I dunno, I'm just riffing on it at this point; I thought we HAVE new mods.
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

I don't see how any of that proves, or even suggests, that everyone that's posted in this thread is incapable of modding. Hell, Gawdziller nominated himself, and I think he'd be a fine mod.

But you're right, we already have new mods - Cimmerian Dragon (great choice) and what's-his-face (seriously, I hadn't heard of the guy until I saw his name in green), so this thread is even more redundant than when it started. ;)
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

Eabaker: that guy would argue with a fencepost; the incessant nitpicking and pseudo-intellectualism....

Legion1979: no offense, but seems negative and over-emotional. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but not a good mod.

Why more mods? We just need people to stop being so sensitive. There are plenty of mods, but there are too many cry babies.

Just clone Jomei. He seems to get it.

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

MasonWerx wrote:Eabaker: that guy would argue with a fencepost; the incessant nitpicking and pseudo-intellectualism....
Psuedo? His posts seem pretty sound to me, and are rooted in both knowledge and experience. A little pretentious at times, arguably, but he's definitely an intellectual.
We just need people to stop being so sensitive. There are plenty of mods, but there are too many cry babies.
No kidding. This forum is full of grudge-holding drama queens. :lol:
Just clone Jomei. He seems to get it.
This.

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

I consider it being pedantic more so than intellectual. Pretentious is also a good adjective.

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

That's your opinion. I know the definitions and I believe that my opinion holds sway based on how I perceive him. Your perceptiion is different. I wouldn't want him as a mod.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

I'm not even sure what someone's posting style even has to do with their ability to be a mod.
bleep bloop

three
Keizer

Post by three »

in summation, WHO CARES?

anyone think this thread could be locked soonish?
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.