Question to Mods about login timing out

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
o.supreme
Futurian

Question to Mods about login timing out

Post by o.supreme »

Greetings,

I was just curious, when someone ebters their username & password into the forum is there an exact timing out period? I find it to be random as sometimes I am logged in for 30minuets +, and sometimes I can be asked to re-enter my passwrd after entering in a response that takes less than 5 minuets to type. I usually try to be smart about it and write my responses on a word doc first then copy/paste to the forum, but sometimes I'm in a rush and I dont. Needless to say it's frustrating when after typing so much a comment is lost because my login has timed-out. Its not a big deal but I was just curious to know if there was a known cause for this. With some forums I have less trouble, others are even worse. Any response is appreciated. Thank you.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

o.supreme
Futurian

Re: Question to Mods about login timing out

Post by o.supreme »

The majority of the time I'm at work and just use IE. I never check the box that says "keep you signed in" for security reasons. Our IT people are supposed to keep track of cookies etc.. I'll check all this stuff at home however. I use Chrome on my laptop.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

wataru wrote:You have the same problem at home? MSIE is a shit browser.
1. Not so much &
2. Agreed

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I wish I could. I work in an office and we can't download anything. Also most of the Big sites (anything with games, videos, social networking etc...) are all blocked. In fact I'd say 50-60% of the pictues people embed in their posts I can't see until I get home.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I use Firefox at home, and if I'm on long enough without activity, I time out. Also, if I close my browser and come back after a short while, I'm logged out again.

The little box to "stay signed in" doesn't work for me.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I havent had to log in since I bought my new laptop.

I checked "keep me signed in" and never had an issue.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark