VHS box art Section article

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Godzilla6014
G-Force Personnel

VHS box art Section article

Post by Godzilla6014 »

It seemed like it's been a while since it's been updated I noticed though they're were some tapes not shown on the list I figured I would list them here.

This isn't everything but there stuff likeother HGV video productions Godzilla stuff and a few other things like Sinister Cinema. Um they're were a couple of Godzilla vs. Megalon tapes that were not on the list such as Starz Classics which actully was the first release of the movie in the US it was uncut but later replaced with the cut version on tape by various fly by the night guys for years and years.

There's also another Meglon tape not showing up there such as I can't rember the name of the company now but it had Godzilla shown on the top and Jet Jaguar, Megalon and Gigan at the bottom which was the front cover. I would get a picture of it ecept it's so small when I searched for it online. They are more tapes such as Godzilla King of all Monsters two tape set and stuf I'm sure I'll think of more if anyone can think of any that would work too. Any feedback is welcome.
Legionmaster wrote:Yeah how dare people talk about the things they like. What assholes.

Brian R Culver
Yojimbo

Re: VHS box art Section article

Post by Brian R Culver »

- I think the site is limited to what people have and are able to contribute. I probably have a couple that could be added but don’t have the time right now to photograph/scan them and send a description.
- The HGV video boxes are virtually identical to the 1997 Anchor Bay tapes except there was no release of GHIDRAH.
- Where did you hear Star Classics released an uncut MEGALON tape? This is news to me. The closest to that would be copies of the 1994 UAV tape using the UK Polygram transfer converted from PAL in the late 90s, but I’ve never had this confirmed.
- Almost all Sinister Cinema tapes were a standard generic box with the film title printed on a tape label – see photo:
They did offer some kind of box art on select titles but to my knowledge never for any Toho or other tokusatsu films.

Godzilla6014
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla6014 »

Brian R Culver wrote:- I think the site is limited to what people have and are able to contribute. I probably have a couple that could be added but don’t have the time right now to photograph/scan them and send a description.

Ok gotcha it was hard to tell if that was the staff or the people on this forum that add pictures of this stuff or some of both so thanks for notifying me on that.

[/quote]
- The HGV video boxes are virtually identical to the 1997 Anchor Bay tapes except there was no release of GHIDRAH. .[/quote]

Reason I mentioned them is because I saw both the Anchor Bay and HGV Video Productions ones for Megalon listed on there so, that's why I pointed them out. That an Interesting fact on ghidrah though I had no idea on that one so think for clarifying that knowledge sir.

[/quote]
- Where did you hear Star Classics released an uncut MEGALON tape? This is news to me. The closest to that would be copies of the 1994 UAV tape using the UK Polygram transfer converted from PAL in the late 90s, but I’ve never had this confirmed .[/quote]

It's says so on the box if you click for a larger image in white text it says the original uncut version at the bottom of the cover it's been on Amazon for a while and it also pops up on Ebay sometimes it might still be on there. I thought the UAV Corpation was using the original Cinema Shares theatre version of that title but unless UAV released both versions or something than I'm not sure.
http://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-Vs-Megal ... egalon+vhs

[/quote]
- Almost all Sinister Cinema tapes were a standard generic box with the film title printed on a tape label – see photo:
They did offer some kind of box art on select titles but to my knowledge never for any Toho or other tokusatsu films.[/quote]

It seems like someone on this forum mentioned something about all of the Cinema Shares Godzilla titles being handled by them in 1994 however though some sites mention them releasing them and them being impossible to find. So, I'm not really sure on if that's really true or not.
Legionmaster wrote:Yeah how dare people talk about the things they like. What assholes.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Brian R Culver wrote:- I think the site is limited to what people have and are able to contribute.
Pretty much. I bought a large amount of VHS tapes from a few stores that went out of business that are Toho related, but almost none are Godzilla films (a few Rebirth of Mothras though)... but that said the article depends on contributions to grow.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Godzilla6014 wrote:It seems like someone on this forum mentioned something about all of the Cinema Shares Godzilla titles being handled by them in 1994 however though some sites mention them releasing them and them being impossible to find. So, I'm not really sure on if that's really true or not.
Sinister Cinema definitely released GODZILLA ON MONSTER ISLAND and GODZILLA VS. THE BIONIC MONSTER. They appear on page 15 of the 1995 catalog.

By the way, there might be some inappropriate material in the catalog. I wouldn't recommend checking it out while at work.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Godzilla6014
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla6014 »

CTHimes wrote:
Godzilla6014 wrote:It seems like someone on this forum mentioned something about all of the Cinema Shares Godzilla titles being handled by them in 1994 however though some sites mention them releasing them and them being impossible to find. So, I'm not really sure on if that's really true or not.
Sinister Cinema definitely released GODZILLA ON MONSTER ISLAND and GODZILLA VS. THE BIONIC MONSTER. They appear on page 15 of the 1995 catalog.

By the way, there might be some inappropriate material in the catalog. I wouldn't recommend checking it out while at work.
I didn't know that there was anything of the Bionic Monster print still being in existents. After it being pulled by Cinema Shares due to a lawsuit with Universal. So, it's hard to tell if there is even a VHS copy of that print available after what happend. Sinister Cinema could've somehow taking that that print and may be the only ones who released it. Thanks CThimes.
Last edited by Godzilla6014 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brian R Culver
Yojimbo

Post by Brian R Culver »

Godzilla6014 wrote:I didn't know that there was anything of the Bionic Monster print still being in existents. After it being pulled by Cinema Shares due to a lawsuit with Universal. So, it's hard to tell if there is even a VHS copy of that print available after what happend. Sinister Cinema could've somehow taking that that print and may be the only ones who released it.
Just like that MEGALON tape that claims to be uncut on the box, I wouldn’t put too much faith in the Sinister BIONIC VHS actually having that title. If you ever find either of them cheap to check out, the fandom would be grateful, but don’t get your hopes up or spend too much money.

Godzilla6014
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla6014 »

Brian R Culver wrote:
Godzilla6014 wrote:I didn't know that there was anything of the Bionic Monster print still being in existents. After it being pulled by Cinema Shares due to a lawsuit with Universal. So, it's hard to tell if there is even a VHS copy of that print available after what happend. Sinister Cinema could've somehow taking that that print and may be the only ones who released it.
Just like that MEGALON tape that claims to be uncut on the box, I wouldn’t put too much faith in the Sinister BIONIC VHS actually having that title. If you ever find either of them cheap to check out, the fandom would be grateful, but don’t get your hopes up or spend too much money.
Thanks for the heads up Brian. I will keep that in mind and careful on what I look into.