Suggestions/Changes for the TK Forum

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Suggestions/Changes for the TK Forum

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I thought I was the only one!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Agreed. It really becomes a problem when searching for specific authors and such.

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

I feel the directory pages for the lost projects need a bit of a tidy up. So much information about new lost films has come out, and the directory page still remains the same. It's really annoying to have to scroll through various pages just to see if the subject has been made already or not. Also, there are even multiple versions of the same topic because they didn't know the previous version of it existed.
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Oxford comma in subforum names or bust!
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

More active or new mods would be cool. TBH, myself and others get away with way too much and then the stuff people do get warned for seems to be pretty mild in comparison to usual behavior.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Fish Cakes wrote:More active or new mods would be cool. TBH, myself and others get away with way too much and then the stuff people do get warned for seems to be pretty mild in comparison to usual behavior.
Maritonic has been an excellent mod and seems to always jump in when he needs to. Honestly I don't see many issues anymore since the hype from KOTM has died down
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote:More active or new mods would be cool. TBH, myself and others get away with way too much and then the stuff people do get warned for seems to be pretty mild in comparison to usual behavior.
Maritonic has been an excellent mod and seems to always jump in when he needs to. Honestly I don't see many issues anymore since the hype from KOTM has died down
Mari is 10/10, is he the only mod though?
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Fish Cakes wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
Mari is 10/10, is he the only mod though?
There are others but as I said, things have calmed down so you don't really see them much. None of the current staff are really big contributors
SpaceG92 wrote:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

We need a stay on option. It sucks to be writing something, then hit the post button only to be told you've been logged out due to being "inactive" for too long.

Added in 11 days 12 hours 48 minutes 41 seconds:
Also an ability to change to dark background and white text on any theme? I like my Manda theme but wish to have a black background at night without having to switch from Manda. Nit picky I know.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Is there a way to implement it so that if you aren’t a member of the Fantasy Matches usergroup or if you leave the group that threads in that section could be hidden?

The increasing number of FM posts showing up in the “New Posts” is pretty much the reason I bring it up cause there’s no way to avoid them and they’re kind of annoyingly spammy.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

We now have a General Toy/Collectibles forum in the "General" area. Hope everyone enjoys.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

In the Monsterverse sub-forum, could the admins possibly pin the General Discussion thread for each of the four existing films to the top? Currently, Godzilla: Kong of the Monsters is pinned. I think it'd be neat if all of the films were pinned, too.

Also, in the Monster Manor forum, perhaps pin the "Giant Monster Movies in Development" thread?
Last edited by H-Man on Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Bumping this thread.

If there are any changes, suggestions, questions, comments (good or bad), any concerns what so ever about how the forums are run, rules, anything at all? Private message me.

Please, guys. Things are ever changing and I want the forums to be as great as they can be. I'm more than open to any conversation. So, again, please just message me if you feel the need to.

Thank you.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Can we limit how many pics are in a sig? These MV fanboys are out of control.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:00 pm Can we limit how many pics are in a sig? These MV fanboys are out of control.
There is a rule about size of image, but not necessarily the amount. I can speak with the rest of the staff about that, though I'm not sure it's something that's really worth enforcing when people can simply disable signatures if it bothers them.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Maritonic wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:24 amthough I'm not sure it's something that's really worth enforcing when people can simply disable signatures if it bothers them.
If I disable sigs, I miss out on the good ones (the vast majority), while the excessive ones clutter up the page.
Last edited by Rando Yaguchi on Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:00 am
Maritonic wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:24 amthough I'm not sure it's something that's really worth enforcing when people can simply disable signatures if it bothers them.
If I disable sigs, I miss out on the good ones (the vast majority), while the excessive ones clutter up the page.
Yes, I am aware of this. It's just sort of how things have been.

Though, as I said, I will discuss it with the staff.
Last edited by Maritonic on Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

John Pannozzi
Monsterland Worker

Post by John Pannozzi »

Could the Ultraman Media subforum be turned into a General Tsuburaya Discussion subforum, and likewise can the Gamera Media subforum be turned into a General Daiei & Kadokawa Discussion subforum?
Friends don't lie.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I disabled sigs a few years back and never looked back. The amount of obnoxious sigs on TK is far more than any other site with a message board I visit.
SpaceG92 wrote:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Godzilla21 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:42 am
I disabled sigs a few years back and never looked back. The amount of obnoxious sigs on TK is far more than any other site with a message board I visit.
Hey, thanks for reminding me that was possible!