Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Post by LamangoKaijura »

When will Showa Godzilla's gills be added to his bio page?
It says so in this book by Tomoyuki.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Post by SpaceG92 »

LamangoKaijura wrote:When will Showa Godzilla's gills be added to his bio page?

It says so in this book by Tomoyuki.
This has nothing to do with commonly asked questions, I have split the post and formed its own topic.

If you can translate the page into English correctly (or get someone who can), provide the ICD number from the book this was sourced from so we can properly source then you can send the information to Gigabowser or Arbok for review. Its up to them from there.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

SpaceG92 wrote:If you can translate the page into English correctly (or get someone who can), provide the ICD number from the book this was sourced from so we can properly source then you can send the information to Gigabowser or Arbok for review. Its up to them from there.
This. I've seen the pic floating around, but never got to checking up a source. If you know what book it's from, you can send the info my way or to Anthony. Luckily the Showa Godzilla was recently updated, so it'd be an easy add :)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

GigaBowserG wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:If you can translate the page into English correctly (or get someone who can), provide the ICD number from the book this was sourced from so we can properly source then you can send the information to Gigabowser or Arbok for review. Its up to them from there.
This. I've seen the pic floating around, but never got to checking up a source. If you know what book it's from, you can send the info my way or to Anthony. Luckily the Showa Godzilla was recently updated, so it'd be an easy add :)
It's from a Tomoyuki book. I'll check with the GojiWiki on the official title when I'm not freaking out.
Edit:
"According to the informational book Definitive Edition Godzilla Introduction, written by Tomoyuki Tanaka, the small holes located on the front of the Showa Godzilla's neck are gills, which allow him to breathe underwater."
The 14th version of said book.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

LamangoKaijura wrote:It's from a Tomoyuki book. I'll check with the GojiWiki on the official title when I'm not freaking out.
Edit:
"According to the informational book Definitive Edition Godzilla Introduction, written by Tomoyuki Tanaka, the small holes located on the front of the Showa Godzilla's neck are gills, which allow him to breathe underwater."
The 14th version of said book.
Hey, sorry it took so long to get back! Managed to snag a copy of the book, and it turns out the bit of the holes being gills is indeed true :) But that's just the tip of the iceberg! There's tons of really interesting notes for a lot of monsters. Going to have to jot down a lot of these for later. For instance, Godzilla's tail being similar to a spring (it's how he pounces at King Ghidorah on Planet X), Mothra's body emitting a "mysterious gas" that makes her immune to radiation, Gabara's venom-covered green skin, King Caesar's floppy ears being used for intimidation, and the moon-crested horn on Showa King Ghidorah is a "telepathic horn" solely used for him to search for planets with living things to eradicate!
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Wish I could find the post but someone on tumblr shared a bit about Godzilla's impenetrable hide on the surface helps him adapt to intense pressures under the ocean.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

I wish TK bio writers would use official sources. Same with other sites.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

LamangoKaijura wrote:I wish TK bio writers would use official sources. Same with other sites.
Got the time to translate them, the money to obtain them and give them to someone who writes the bios?

What denotes an offical source, just because it was published? What happens when multiple offical sources contradict each other?
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LamangoKaijura wrote:I wish TK bio writers would use official sources. Same with other sites.
How are the Wikis using any sources at all since I closed down the Monster Archives?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

SpaceG92 wrote:
Got the time to translate them, the money to obtain them and give them to someone who writes the bios?

What denotes an offical source, just because it was published? What happens when multiple offical sources contradict each other?
Written by Tomoyuki Tanaka for one.
MM Raids Again wrote:
How are the Wikis using any sources at all since I closed down the Monster Archives?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, the wikis have gotten better bios now, and better spelling, and better pictures since you closed down. :huge:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Lamango wrote:Yeah, the wikis have gotten better bios now, and better spelling, and better pictures since you closed down. :huge:
Yeah. It has to be really difficult to spend weekly allowances on books you can't read, scan the images and then plug the Japanese text in a translating app.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

MM Raids Again wrote:
Lamango wrote:Yeah, the wikis have gotten better bios now, and better spelling, and better pictures since you closed down. :huge:
Yeah. It has to be really difficult to spend weekly allowances on books you can't read, scan the images and then plug the Japanese text in a translating app.
Funny you mention it. Cause someone apparently owns this book that is a staff member. Really clonks your coconuts, huh?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
Funny you mention it. Cause someone apparently owns this book that is a staff member. Really clonks your coconuts, huh?
Not really. Mainly because he doesn't just translate the books and put them up online word-for-word.

Quote of the Year:

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

MM Raids Again wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
Not really. Mainly because he doesn't just translate the books and put them up online word-for-word.
Don't need to do word for word, do you? You just translate the ones no one knows yet. Like Ghidorah's crescent moon having telepathy powers.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Interesting stuff. If its by Tanaka then we should go by it. KG's cresent horn having telepathy life finding powers is neat.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote: Funny you mention it. Cause someone apparently owns this book that is a staff member. Really clonks your coconuts, huh?
Don't need to do word for word, do you? You just translate the ones no one knows yet. Like Ghidorah's crescent moon having telepathy powers.
Or Gigan's flamethrower ability or Showa MechaGodzilla's multiple missile types and Unisot? Or King Caesar actually being a golem? How about Hedorah actually having internal organs?

Your sources are much of the same sources that TK has. Yeah, the Wikis can get the info up easier because, you know, it's a Wiki. The big downside of it being a Wiki? Yeah, that it's a Wiki. Last time I checked (which I admit, was months ago), ya'll had the same G:TS bios that were swiped directly from the MA.

And let's not even start with the "design titles" or whatever the Wikis give kaiju. "ShodaiMeganura." "RaishuTirano." :lol:
http://wikizilla.org/wiki/ShodaiMeganura
http://wikizilla.org/wiki/RaishuTirano

For your "accurate sources" for such basic information as the design names/titles ya'll list, they sure are source-less.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

MM Raids Again wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
Or Gigan's flamethrower ability or Showa MechaGodzilla's multiple missile types and Unisot? Or King Caesar actually being a golem? How about Hedorah actually having internal organs?

Your sources are much of the same sources that TK has. Yeah, the Wikis can get the info up easier because, you know, it's a Wiki. The big downside of it being a Wiki? Yeah, that it's a Wiki. Last time I checked (which I admit, was months ago), ya'll had the same G:TS bios that were swiped directly from the MA.

And let's not even start with the "design titles" or whatever the Wikis give kaiju. "ShodaiMeganura." "RaishuTirano." :lol:

For your "accurate sources" for such basic information as the design names/titles ya'll list, they sure are source-less.
To be fair, the site's recently started to crackdown on removing non-Godzilla design names and plagiarized bios/plot summaries. It's a work-in-progress, for sure, but it'll all be fixed by us soon enough.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

MM Raids Again wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:

A lot of the suits are fan named, dum dum.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote: Don't need to do word for word, do you? You just translate the ones no one knows yet. Like Ghidorah's crescent moon having telepathy powers.

A lot of the suits are fan named, dum dum.
Sounds like a legit source.

Quote of the Year:

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

The only suits that received official names were SOME of the Godzilla suits. Not all of them.