The NES Godzilla Creepypasta

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Re: The NES Godzilla Creepypasta

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

GigaBowserG wrote:Ps1k has released a demo of their version of the NES creepypasta :) More details here: http://fav.me/dbe5jhm
Not to be a Negative Nancy, but that was literally just the first level of Monster of Monsters!, but with a slight visual glitch to Gezora's fight. It didn't even have Moguera's glitch.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:Not to be a Negative Nancy, but that was literally just the first level of Monster of Monsters!, but with a slight visual glitch to Gezora's fight. It didn't even have Moguera's glitch.
I'm more impressed by how well he was able to mimic the original game. There've been a few attempts at this kind of thing before, but believe it or not hardly any of them could recreate GMoM's gameplay effectively.

As for Moguera, he doesn't glitch out until Mars, where he's like twice his size and dissolves when defeated. Gezora's the only one to suffer any sort of glitch on the first level. Here's the creator's preview of the dissolving Moguera:

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

GigaBowserG wrote:As for Moguera, he doesn't glitch out until Mars, where he's like twice his size and dissolves when defeated. Gezora's the only one to suffer any sort of glitch on the first level. Here's the creator's preview of the dissolving Moguera:
Huh. I could've sworn that happened on the first level. Nevermind, then!

Still. As impressive as their mimicry of the original game is, it would've been nice if they could've shown off something noticeably different from the actual GMoM.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:Huh. I could've sworn that happened on the first level. Nevermind, then!

Still. As impressive as their mimicry of the original game is, it would've been nice if they could've shown off something noticeably different from the actual GMoM.
Probably won't happen till later in the game. The early levels were pretty tame compared to what happens later. Other than the Gezora glitch, Mothra has a new attack, a long-ranged green quad-eye beam. Very helpful, since her standard red eye beam was so short-ranged, and her wing special attack was more situational.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

ShinSludge71
Samurai

Post by ShinSludge71 »

just played The demo. Absolutely phenomenal work there. Actually felt like the game.
ILL GREEN wrote:There's money to be made with a Hedorah bong.

SteveIrwinFan96
G-Force Personnel

Post by SteveIrwinFan96 »

For anyone interested, the crew on the Midnight Marinara YouTube channel are doing a livestream reading of the story:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRm4jUNNwFUy

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I'm so excited for this to be finished! I might do a let's play!
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

The Baranosdragon
GPN Volunteer

Post by The Baranosdragon »

I hate to bump a thread, but there is something I'd like to say.

If Cosbydaf, or anyone else working on the project reads this, I would strongly recommend this theme for the "Organic" level:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFJJny6ReEM&t=58s

It just fits way too well to not use it. Not only does it sound very "Un-8-Bit," but also the whining, the creaking, and the keyboard notes just add to the grotesque horror on screen.

I'll put it to you like this: If torture was a song, this is that song. In my opinion, that perfectly fits the mood that the level should convey.

Anyway, that was just something I wanted to get off of my chest.
January 1st, 1929 - August 8th, 2017. May Haruo Nakajima Rest in Peace.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

With Sony recently releasing this:

I ask you all: What would be your plans for making a film adaption of The NES Godzilla Creepypasta be?
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

MikeSTZillak wrote: I ask you all: What would be your plans for making a film adaption of The NES Godzilla Creepypasta be?
Scrap the project and focus on making something that works much better as a film.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

I really don't mean to bump this thread, but I'm curious, what is the status of everything? the fan game, the sequel, everything. Are they canceled?
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Post by Cosbydaf »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:I really don't mean to bump this thread, but I'm curious, what is the status of everything? the fan game, the sequel, everything. Are they canceled?
Neither are cancelled but I'm currently busy with doing the art for 2 (unrelated) game projects

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Cosbydaf wrote:
GodzillaFreak99 wrote:I really don't mean to bump this thread, but I'm curious, what is the status of everything? the fan game, the sequel, everything. Are they canceled?
Neither are cancelled but I'm currently busy with doing the art for 2 (unrelated) game projects

Gotcha. thanks for clearing that up man.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Do any of you think that Red will make a good optional hidden boss in Super Godzilla Returns kinda like that Culex guy in Super Mario RPG?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue May 29, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

LegendZilla wrote:Do any of you think that Red will make a good optional hidden boss in Super Godzilla Returns kinda like that Culex guy in Super Mario RPG?
That question... sounds like it'd be better suited for the actual SGR topic. Still, encountering Red in any game as a boss sounds like it'd be fun, so long as it retains the horror elements of the story.
/crawls back under rock

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

A small bump, but what is the height of Final form RED?
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

ShinSludge71
Samurai

Post by ShinSludge71 »

UltimateDitto wrote:A small bump, but what is the height of Final form RED?
I'd consider that to be an interesting question so I might as well do research there; unless Cosby tells you himself.

Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Post by Cosbydaf »

I never really thought about the monster's height that much, because they exist in their own separate universe. But if NES Godzilla is 50 meters like most film Gojis are, I guess that would put Final Red at around 80.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Cosbydaf wrote:I never really thought about the monster's height that much, because they exist in their own separate universe. But if NES Godzilla is 50 meters like most film Gojis are, I guess that would put Final Red at around 80.
I see, thanks for the answer! :)
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

ShinSludge71
Samurai

Post by ShinSludge71 »

I will say, Cosby, you are one magnificent bastard. I was actually curious about the scale of his final forme as well!

Heres what I did:

The best I could do here; I went by what Cosby said, comparing G54's height (50 metres, 164 feet) to Final Red's Height, A.K.A. the magic of photoshop and Cosby's spritework. I took a look at one of the few screenshots from chapter 8, and I noticed the scaling was pretty major. Godzilla seemed like an ant to Red, just as Zach said.

So I used this handy site named "mrinitialman," and I created the base for G54. With some dedicated observations and scaling with the help of Cosby's spritesheet, I determined Red's Final size to be 546 ft, which is 166 metres.
EDIT
Spoiler:
Forgot to mention, I went for G54 because of the Boxart for the original game, look it up if you haven't seen it.
Last edited by ShinSludge71 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.