Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 2/29/20)

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3840
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 1/27/19)

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:51 pm

LegendZilla wrote:This update could very well be the last...

I know what you're bitching about, Alex already announced the solution, shut your face and enjoy it.
Image

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.


fanofstuff wrote:You mean to tell me that you don't see two crabs and think "Yeah, combined they can take on God"?

User avatar
LegendZilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 6042
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 1/27/19)

Postby LegendZilla » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:11 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:This update could very well be the last...

I know what you're bitching about, Alex already announced the solution, shut your face and enjoy it.


You can’t blame me. Flash is getting officially shut down and it’s not Alex’s fault.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President
Posts: 4931
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 12/25/19)

Postby GigaBowserG » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:46 pm

Merry Christmas, Alex! No joke, I'm quite fond of the Fire Dragon. Such a disappointing "final boss" from DAM, but strangely memorable. Looking forward to trying it out :)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

User avatar
MrGameguy
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2364
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Behind a Screen
Contact:

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 12/25/19)

Postby MrGameguy » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:09 pm

How many characters are we at right now?

Edit: Never mind, I counted 77 characters.
(Including Flying Hedorah and the JSDF Navy)

Yet it's still less then Smash Ultimate's 81 character and counting. lol
Last edited by MrGameguy on Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

A guy named Peter who is part guy, part game
But 100% Mecha Kaiju Monster


Fear me, I am MattG

https://fat.gfycat.com/DisgustingIdealJay.webm

Image

User avatar
miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 13141
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 12/25/19)

Postby miguelnuva » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:51 pm

Merry Christmas Alex, thanks for the update.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

User avatar
Gigantis
Kwaidan
Posts: 6183
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Nebula of the Orion

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 1/27/19)

Postby Gigantis » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:22 am

LegendZilla wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:This update could very well be the last...

I know what you're bitching about, Alex already announced the solution, shut your face and enjoy it.


You can’t blame me. Flash is getting officially shut down and it’s not Alex’s fault.


Yeah and Alex has a solution to it, don't worry.
Image

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11872
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 12/25/19)

Postby Living Corpse » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:27 am

Merr Christmas!

Image

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3840
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 12/25/19)

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:50 pm

You know, I'm one of those guys who HATES asking for Alex to put poop in. I'm happy with letting him put in what he wants to put in.


But.

Having played around with the Fire Dragon.


Image

I'd be lying if a small part of me isn't hoping this is planned.
Image

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.


fanofstuff wrote:You mean to tell me that you don't see two crabs and think "Yeah, combined they can take on God"?

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11872
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 12/25/19)

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:18 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:You know, I'm one of those guys who HATES asking for Alex to put poop in. I'm happy with letting him put in what he wants to put in.


But.

Having played around with the Fire Dragon.


https://www.modelbuffs.com/mpm/uploadsv ... 20MB-1.jpg

I'd be lying if a small part of me isn't hoping this is planned.


Then you'd be happy to know we've talked about what it's move list could be. It was years ago though.
Image

User avatar
Godzilla18
Yojimbo
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 12/25/19)

Postby Godzilla18 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:18 pm

Was surprised to see the Fire Dragon. Cool. Also been awhile since anyone's chat on here.
A monster? A king? A god? Or is Godzilla all three?
Image

User avatar
AWMGodzilla62
Interpol Agent
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:22 am

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 2/29/20)

Postby AWMGodzilla62 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:04 am

Hey guys, minor update with the upcoming removal of Flash from Browsers, the "Click to Play" button now takes you to my webpage where you can download the game directly onto your computer. There's a link for Windows and Mac. I'm still leaving the browser version intact in case you use alternative browsers like Puffin that allow Flash support.

Also computer and player 2 Kilaak UFO have been added.

User avatar
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President
Posts: 4931
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 2/29/20)

Postby GigaBowserG » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:05 pm

Woo, awesome! Downloadable :) Got it and works just fine, naturally.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

User avatar
MrGameguy
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2364
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Behind a Screen
Contact:

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 2/29/20)

Postby MrGameguy » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:05 pm

Awesome!
It's great to have the game backed up on our machines.

Part of me is kinda tempted to extract the game and check out all the nitty-gritty.
Though I don't know how Alex would take it...
Last edited by MrGameguy on Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

A guy named Peter who is part guy, part game
But 100% Mecha Kaiju Monster


Fear me, I am MattG

https://fat.gfycat.com/DisgustingIdealJay.webm

Image

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3840
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 2/29/20)

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:28 pm

Best thing about the downloaded version? No Maser lag :)

For real, thank you Alex. I don't even have words to express the sheer selfness and giving you've done for this fanbase with this game. GBDR Browser is dead, long live the download.
Image

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.


fanofstuff wrote:You mean to tell me that you don't see two crabs and think "Yeah, combined they can take on God"?

User avatar
godzilla98rules
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2054
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 2/29/20)

Postby godzilla98rules » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:16 pm

I am super excited that I can play this on my desktop now! If it's okay with Alex, I am very interested in hacking the apps files and plugging them into a raspberry pi.
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4HAZwFtUEJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

User avatar
MetalliSteveKaiju
Ronin
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:08 am
Location: London

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 2/29/20)

Postby MetalliSteveKaiju » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:03 am

AWMGodzilla62 wrote:Hey guys, minor update with the upcoming removal of Flash from Browsers, the "Click to Play" button now takes you to my webpage where you can download the game directly onto your computer. There's a link for Windows and Mac. I'm still leaving the browser version intact in case you use alternative browsers like Puffin that allow Flash support.

Also computer and player 2 Kilaak UFO have been added.

I'm not getting an option to download. It goes straight into the game when I click on "click to play". If it doesn't go to your website how do I download it?

User avatar
AWMGodzilla62
Interpol Agent
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:22 am

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 2/29/20)

Postby AWMGodzilla62 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:06 am

MetalliSteveKaiju wrote:I'm not getting an option to download. It goes straight into the game when I click on "click to play". If it doesn't go to your website how do I download it?


Sorry, I should have specified it’s the “click to play” on the first page here of this thread that takes you to my site that has the download link. If you’re already on my page, it’s underneath the clock to play and description, there’s 2 boxes for Windows and Mac.

godzilla98rules wrote:I am super excited that I can play this on my desktop now! If it's okay with Alex, I am very interested in hacking the apps files and plugging them into a raspberry pi.
MrGameguycolor wrote:Part of me is kinda tempted to extract the game and check out all the nitty-gritty.
Though I don't know how Alex would take it...


Here’s my thoughts, If you want to adapt it to Raspberry Pi or something like that or just look at files, I don’t mind. If you’re wanting to alter my work, or Vinnie’s or omgitsgodzilla’s stuff and claim it as your own new game, then I have a problem with that.
Last edited by AWMGodzilla62 on Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MrGameguy
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2364
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Behind a Screen
Contact:

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 2/29/20)

Postby MrGameguy » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:56 pm

AWMGodzilla62 wrote:Here’s my thoughts, If you want to adapt it to Raspberry Pi or something like that or just look at files, I don’t mind. If you’re wanting to alter my work, or Vinnie’s or omgitsgodzilla’s stuff and claim it as your own new game, then I have a problem with that.

Oh no not that, I have no intention of doing such a thing.
Just curious to see how the game was made and messing around with, no plans to distribute them.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

A guy named Peter who is part guy, part game
But 100% Mecha Kaiju Monster


Fear me, I am MattG

https://fat.gfycat.com/DisgustingIdealJay.webm

Image

User avatar
Kaiju-King42
Kwaidan
Posts: 6620
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Monster Island

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 2/29/20)

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:00 pm

Will future updates be made available for subsequent downloadable versions of the game?
JAGzilla wrote:Somebody skreeonking sig this. :lol:

User avatar
Godzilla18
Yojimbo
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 2/29/20)

Postby Godzilla18 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:25 pm

AWMGodzilla62 wrote:Hey guys, minor update with the upcoming removal of Flash from Browsers, the "Click to Play" button now takes you to my webpage where you can download the game directly onto your computer. There's a link for Windows and Mac. I'm still leaving the browser version intact in case you use alternative browsers like Puffin that allow Flash support.

Also computer and player 2 Kilaak UFO have been added.

Thanks very much, Alex! I hope that this inconvenience with Flash won't dissuade you from working on future updates. Also a side note but if Flash is no longer supported why can I still play and watch flash vids on deviant art?
A monster? A king? A god? Or is Godzilla all three?
Image


Return to “Fan Art, Music, Movies & Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest