Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: Christmas 2023)

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 1/27/19)

Post by LegendZilla »

Alex is gonna have to make serious plans for when Flash is officially discontinued.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

RIP Adobe Flash
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Yeah Alex? You might wanna do something about this.
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Schapman24
Young Farmer

Post by Schapman24 »

i hope you make godzilla king of the monsters kaijus or titans

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

Alex you gotta do something before Flash goes extinct.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

It’s not possible to convert the game to another format is it?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Has anyone even checked if Flash not being updated has shit to do with old games that use it or are people gonna keep saying the end is nigh for no reason?

RIP Evan.

Ultimategodzilla2054
Yojimbo

Post by Ultimategodzilla2054 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Has anyone even checked if Flash not being updated has shit to do with old games that use it or are people gonna keep saying the end is nigh for no reason?
flash not being updated is not the issue. the issue is that every single big name browser is going to completely remove flash as an extension, effectively making act of even running flash animations, games, etc without outside help nigh impossible. chrome has already been preparing for this for about 2 years now, as flash is disabled by default, and there's no longer an option to always allow it.
You fool, I'm no mere super godzilla. I'm a godzilla that has ascended past that form
I AM...
ULTIMATE GODZILLA

Schapman24
Young Farmer

Post by Schapman24 »

when are we putting godzilla 2019 rodan 2019 mothra 2019 and monster zero 2019 in this game

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

WELP. Adobe's deletion got moved up to Febuary now. Alex you gotta do something!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Jesus h christ

First off, STILL no godamn confirmation that Flashbeing disabled from main chrome will do jackshit to the game.

Second off, Alex is one fucking dude. Y'all stop spamming him about this shit for for a LITERAL two months?
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Jesus h christ

First off, STILL no godamn confirmation that Flashbeing disabled from main chrome will do jackshit to the game.

Second off, Alex is one skreeonking dude. Y'all stop spamming him about this poop for for a LITERAL two months?
one: i thought that Flash being deleted from chrome was gonna pretty much shut down everything related to it? Wouldn't that mean everything releated to it would be gone?
two: I legitimately stopped caring about this until i learned they up the end date. Figured pretty much having almost an entire year (remember wasn't suppose to go down until December) would be enough to decide what to do. With this happening though Alex has less time.

SoggyNoodles2016

tyrantgoji wrote:

Second off, Alex is one skreeonking dude. Y'all stop spamming him about this poop for for a LITERAL two months?
one: i thought that Flash being deleted from chrome was gonna pretty much shut down everything related to it? Wouldn't that mean everything releated to it would be gone?
two: I legitimately stopped caring about this until i learned they up the end date. Figured pretty much having almost an entire year (remember wasn't suppose to go down until December) would be enough to decide what to do. With this happening though Alex has less time.
The way I hear it, this sounds like a single extension to your browser would make it fine. Which means it isn't Alex's problem
Alex is one dude with a computer that's barely busted, an entire occupation when hes not working on this as a hobby and I believe his last post mentioned family issues. My point isn't this could be a problem, my point is what is this godamn threads obsession with telling Alex what to do and putting unneeded stress on him?

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:

The way I hear it, this sounds like a single extension to your browser would make it fine. Which means it isn't Alex's problem
Alex is one dude with a computer that's barely busted, an entire occupation when hes not working on this as a hobby and I believe his last post mentioned family issues. My point isn't this could be a problem, my point is what is this godamn threads obsession with telling Alex what to do and putting unneeded stress on him?
I don't think anyone means to put stress on Alex and if anything just want to put out a wishlist. If i came off as if i was forcing Alex to come up with a solution,i apologize

SoggyNoodles2016

You're good.

Anyway. On topic, Shin is still amazing

RIP Evan.

AWMGodzilla62
G-Force Personnel

Post by AWMGodzilla62 »

tyrantgoji wrote:WELP. Adobe's deletion got moved up to Febuary now. Alex you gotta do something!
I believe Flash is just going to not be supported on browsers, not terminated entirely.

Not sure how many people are familiar with the old Flash games you could download on Toho Kingdom but the answer to this whole problem is GDBR will just be a downloadable game instead and as long as computers still accept a Flash Player download. Also alternative browsers like Puffin should still run Flash, that is why it was made in the first place. So, no need to panic, the game isn't going anywhere.

That said, while this current generation of computers will continue to run Flash, will the next generation though? The fact that the tech world seems to want to get rid of Flash is disheartening. I will continue to host the game and update it here and there, but the fact of the matter is that it is a free flash game and with Flash being pushed to extinction, I question how much time I really should be dedicating to the project. Could I learn a new coding engine, yes, but I can't just port everything I've made so far, I'd have to almost rebuild it from the ground up again. I say almost because the graphic assets are there of course, but I'd have to reanimate and reprogram everything from scratch. In that scenario, I'd almost rather build a whole new game entirely.

But back to the game topic, I do have an update in the works. I'll continue to update the game if 3rd party folks continue to make software to run it on future computers to come, just kind of have to wait and see how it plays out.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: I believe his last post mentioned family issues.
BTW, I don't have Family Issues, I just have a family to take care of, which means projects that make money to take care of them is more important than the free game I make on the side in down time. Just wanted to point that out so people weren't worried about my family life, all is good in that department :)
Last edited by AWMGodzilla62 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

AWMGodzilla62 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: I believe his last post mentioned family issues.
BTW, I don't have Family Issues, I just have a family to take care of, which means projects that make money to take care of them is more important than the free game I make on the side in down time. Just wanted to point that out so people weren't worried about my family life, all is good in that department :)
Ah! My bad, sorry. Couldn't remember exactly what it was.

Glad to hear things are ok.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

AWMGodzilla62
G-Force Personnel

Post by AWMGodzilla62 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Ah! My bad, sorry. Couldn't remember exactly what it was.

Glad to hear things are ok.
No Problem :)

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Would it be possible to convert the game to a format other than adobe flash without completely re-working it from scratch?

SoggyNoodles2016

LegendZilla wrote:Would it be possible to convert the game to a format other than adobe flash without completely re-working it from scratch?
Why?

RIP Evan.