Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: Christmas 2023)

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Godzilla18
Samurai

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 12/23/16)

Post by Godzilla18 »

American Godzilla wrote:I highly doubt that Legendary or Final Wars Gojira would even survive such a fury!
Really? Based on what? That the beam took out part of a city and it has extreme accuracy and power? That may be true, but need I remind you that Final Wars Godzilla survived, without a scratch, when Monster X's meteor landed right on top of him and destroyed the whole city! Also Legendary Godzilla has actual armor, compared to the other versions of Godzilla, and he survived a nuclear strike! If those two can make it through a meteor and a nuclear bomb, they can make it through Shin's heat beam throughout some or maybe even most of the fight. Also Shin's heat ray could make Final Wars Godzilla stronger because like previous Godzillas he can absorb radiation (obviously this won't happen in the game. I'm just referring to if they actually fight). I don't know if Legendary can absorb it when it's used in such pure energy form but who knows? Bottom line one blast from Shin's beam will not be enough to finish either of them.
A monster? A king? A god? Or is Godzilla all three?

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Godzilla18 wrote: need I remind you that Final Wars Godzilla survived, without a scratch, when Monster X's meteor landed right on top of him and destroyed the whole city!
Are we sure? It probably blow up above him, after all why would Monster X float down if he was already on the ground?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

For the next character it will be either Heisei Godzilla or Gabara. I just know it.

Godzilla18
Samurai

Post by Godzilla18 »

Living Corpse wrote:Are we sure? It probably blow up above him, after all why would Monster X float down if he was already on the ground?
That's a good point. Maybe Monster X just leaped out of the asteroid before it hit Godzilla or as you said it blew up above him. Still, regardless whether it hit him or blew up point right above his head, Big G was standing in a crater indicating that he survived that huge explosion.

AWMGodzilla62
G-Force Personnel

Post by AWMGodzilla62 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
American Godzilla wrote:I was just able to watch 'Shin Gojira' and I must say: "My goodness! That thing is hyper destructive and it's mad!" One little damage to it and it obliterates a whole city in 3 seconds flat! I highly doubt that Legendary or Final Wars Gojira would even survive such a fury!

So if Shin Gojira is going to be put into the game, and it be movie accurate as much as possible, then how will any other kaiju even have a chance at hurting such a long ranged 'God of Destruction' fury? Sure being physically slow moving really helps in dodging melee attacks... but Shin doesn't need them for monster or city slaying. Sure Shin (in the movie) was frozen for 15 days after such a devastating display, so in game after using its special attack (that uses its full energy bar) it will be immobile for (say) a minute.

So again, I ask how would one be able to fend off a computer controlled Shin Gojira when Shin is THAT destructive in the movie?
But no, seriously. Shin will be a blast to play as
I have a lot of ideas in mind for Shin and he'll be powerful but balanced. I feel more excited at the thought of making him than I did 2014. There's a whole variety of things he did that will make him unique. I must sound like I hate like I hate Legendary Godzilla, but I really don't. I really enjoyed the movie, but a lot of the cool things about 2014 were things I couldn't incorporate into his moveset. I couldn't add in tsunami like appearance (this isn't Pokemon where you can summon a wave) The first full body shot of Godzilla at the airport was awesome, but not a move. Godzilla had an awesome appearance at the Golden Gate Bridge too, ditto previous remark. The Halo jump...Godzilla and Ford's eye contact moment... These were all awesome cinematic moments that made the movie awesome, but doesn't give me much moveset wise. The things I could use that were unique for his moveset were the sumo shove, the atomic breath, the powerful tail slam finisher, and the kiss of death. The sumo shove was easy enough and very accurate to film. The atomic breath... Had an awesome charge up sequence in the film but ultimately didn't do much other than push the MUTO back. Since the attack wasn't all that powerful, I had to speed up the charge up (loosing the dramatic build up) or it wasn't going to be worth the payoff. The strong tail attack is in there, but I couldn't incorporate the "stick opponent through a building" element, so that part of it was lost and makes it look pretty generic in game without it. The kiss of death... I wasn't going to go through 60+ characters and give them each a kiss of death opening, so I made it only possible through female MUTO's death animation. I feel like with 2014, the unique moves he did in the movie, I couldn't make them as accurate as I would like, loosing a lot of the flare the movie had. I'm not going to give away my Shin Godzilla ideas, but I will say there's soooo much unique content there that I know I can pull it off in game! :D

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

^That makes me even more excited for him!
Form 2's gonna be fun for sure
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Godzilla18 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Are we sure? It probably blow up above him, after all why would Monster X float down if he was already on the ground?
That's a good point. Maybe Monster X just leaped out of the asteroid before it hit Godzilla or as you said it blew up above him. Still, regardless whether it hit him or blew up point right above his head, Big G was standing in a crater indicating that he survived that huge explosion.
Oh yeah, I'm not arguing that crater bit at all, he was hit by the explosion and the ground under and near him took more damage than him.

Legendary is more iffy though, yes he survived the nuclear bomb but that doesn't mean he wasn't harmed like GFW, after all the next time we (and Monarch) saw him was 60 years later, it's possible the blast hurt him enough he went into hiding and only came up for when he absolutely needed to I.E. MUTO birth rates is a threat to his survival.

Added in 3 minutes 45 seconds:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:^That makes me even more excited for him!
Form 2's gonna be fun for sure
Yes, shooting blood is gonna be hot I mean fun!

Godzilla18
Samurai

Post by Godzilla18 »

Living Corpse wrote:Oh yeah, I'm not arguing that crater bit at all, he was hit by the explosion and the ground under and near him took more damage than him.

Legendary is more iffy though, yes he survived the nuclear bomb but that doesn't mean he wasn't harmed like GFW, after all the next time we (and Monarch) saw him was 60 years later, it's possible the blast hurt him enough he went into hiding and only came up for when he absolutely needed to I.E. MUTO birth rates is a threat to his survival.
That's another good point. I still think that Shin's beam hitting him once won't be enough to kill him though.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Heisei Godzilla really needs an update.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I think Shin Gojira would be best suited for a Haloween update.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

LegendZilla wrote:I think Shin Gojira would be best suited for a Haloween update.
I think we all wouldn't want that. Most of us have been waiting for Shin Godzilla. (And Godzilla 2004)
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:I think Shin Gojira would be best suited for a Haloween update.
I think we all wouldn't want that. Most of us have been waiting for Shin Godzilla. (And Godzilla 1991)
Maybe a Valentine's Day update.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Kaijunator wrote:
M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:
I think we all wouldn't want that. Most of us have been waiting for Shin Godzilla. (And Godzilla 1991)
Maybe a Valentine's Day update.
You don't want Alex to overdue himself.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:
I think we all wouldn't want that. Most of us have been waiting for Shin Godzilla. (And Godzilla 2004)
Fuck Godzilla 2004, no one wants that rat looking fink.
Shin & Hanna-Barbera is where it's at.

G&G-Fan
Monsterland Worker

Post by G&G-Fan »

Heisei Godzilla should be updated before Shin Godzilla is added.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

G&G-Fan wrote:Heisei Godzilla should be updated before Shin Godzilla is added.
No he shouldn't, Heisei should be scrapped from the game for being lame

I'm waiting to see how Death Ghidorah and Dagarah play when they're added
And Armored Mothra too

G&G-Fan
Monsterland Worker

Post by G&G-Fan »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:

And Armored Mothra too
Excuse me? Heisei Godzilla is my favorite Godzilla. You can have your opinion, but don't say that my favorite monster should be scrapped from the game.
Last edited by G&G-Fan on Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

G&G-Fan wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:

And Armored Mothra too
Excuse me? Heisei Godzilla is my favorite Godzilla. You can have your opinion, but don't say that my favorite monster should be scrapped from the game.
:lol:

That gave me a good chuckle.
Seriously hope he's the last to be updated, or scrapped

I dont the think anyone can handle the sheer brutality that is Maguma once he's added

G&G-Fan
Monsterland Worker

Post by G&G-Fan »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
G&G-Fan wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote: No he shouldn't, Heisei should be scrapped from the game for being lame

And Armored Mothra too
:lol:

That gave me a good chuckle.
Seriously hope he's the last to be updated, or scrapped

I do the think anyone can handle the sheer brutality that is Maguma once he's added
Heisei Godzilla is not lame, nor is he weak. He has defeated some of the most powerful monsters in the franchise, and he is good at both ranged and melee combat (Heisei Godzilla did have melee combat skill. MechaGodzilla 1993 was outmatched when Godzilla got close to him, and he was able to lift King Ghidorah off the ground completely).

And he would not lose against Maguma!

MrGameguy
EDF Instructor

Post by MrGameguy »

Lain Of The Wired wrote: Seriously hope he's the last to be updated, or scrapped
It's funny you say that.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.