Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: Christmas 2023)

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 1/27/19)

Post by MikeSTZillak »

The whole point I was making with Pokemon Uranium is that it was also a free game that wasn't making any money and that was taken down.
Last edited by MikeSTZillak on Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

MikeSTZillak wrote:The whole point I was making with Pokemon Uranium is that it was also a free game that wasn't making any money and that was taken down.
Geez.
Pokémon Uranium was modded from official Nintendo material, how would you think that’s ok to distribute playable content like that?

Alex built this from the ground up, it’s all original.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Is the best way to look at last year’s updates as a single one split apart?

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote:The whole point I was making with Pokemon Uranium is that it was also a free game that wasn't making any money and that was taken down.
Geez.
Pokémon Uranium was modded from official Nintendo material, how would you think that’s ok to distribute playable content like that?

Alex built this from the ground up, it’s all original.
1. Because Uranium wasn't (as far to my knowledge) modded form official Nintendo material
2. Also, to heck with Nintendo
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

How was it not? You can literally google it and tell its format is straight ripped from an official Pokémon game…
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 1/1/19)

Post by BlankAccount »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote: Tell that to the makers of Pokemon Uranium.
Different company.

The one time I can recall Toho making a stink about fan projects was the G-Fan magazine because they had fan art in it and Toho's lawyers pretty much twisted it to be that they were selling fan art of copyrighted characters instead of the reality of it being the reality, which was they were selling a fan made magazine that happen to have a small section for fan art.
um... helloooo? remember what happened to Heritage?
I don't know what that is.

SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 1/1/19)

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Living Corpse wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Different company.

The one time I can recall Toho making a stink about fan projects was the G-Fan magazine because they had fan art in it and Toho's lawyers pretty much twisted it to be that they were selling fan art of copyrighted characters instead of the reality of it being the reality, which was they were selling a fan made magazine that happen to have a small section for fan art.
um... helloooo? remember what happened to Heritage?
I don't know what that is.

Man. You missed out on some of the real shit.

Heritage was a fan film in production, about the son of Steve Martin documenting Godzilla's return and living up to his heritage or some bull shit, I don't know, it was real prentious to me. They used suits desgined by a face-off winner, had elaborate new designs, actors, the whole wazoo all funded by Kickstarter.

And then Toho stepped in.

Apparently, they were cool with a fan film but the fact they used Kickstarter and were making money of their property made them mad and they slapped it with a bunch of conditions like they have to reimburse the donators and it can never be shown outside of fan screenings at stuff like G-Fest.

TL;DR: Fan film got screwed by Toho for Kickstarter and now, people are worried about any Godzilla fan project.

RIP Evan.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:How was it not? You can literally google it and tell its format is straight ripped from an official Pokémon game…
What do you mean by "format"? If you mean the style of game, then what's the difference between Daikaiju Battle Royale and the SNES game Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters?
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Because as I said, Uranium used an official Pokémon game as its basis, and even some of their sprites… It was a mod of a previous game.

Alex’s game is based on the NES game, but he didn’t mod the original game, he made an entirely new thing.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#slatternking

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Because as I said, Uranium used an official Pokémon game as its basis, and even some of their sprites…

Alex’s game is based on the NES game, but he didn’t mod the original game, he made an entirely new thing.
He did heavily model it after the NES game.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

LegendZilla wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:Because as I said, Uranium used an official Pokémon game as its basis, and even some of their sprites…

He did heavily model it after the NES game.
*After the NES game, key word there, he didn’t mod the official game, unlike Uranium.
#slatternking

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Because as I said, Uranium used an official Pokémon game as its basis, and even some of their sprites… It was a mod of a previous game.

So Pokemon Uranium, which was released on the PC, is a mod of a game released on the Nintendo DS?
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

*Sigh*
It kinda alarms me that you're not grasping this...

^ See these Mankey, Primape, Magikarp, Gyrados, Mareep, Flaffy, and Ampheros sprites? They were copied from an official Pokemon game, they weren't redesigned, they were straight lifted...

^ See these NPC's? They're not original, they too are straight lifted from previous *OFFICIAL Pokemon games.

Alex doesn't do that, he creates 100% original content, his artwork and stages are all designed by him.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
#slatternking

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

^That still doesn't explain how a PC game can be a mod of a game that wasn't released on the PC>
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

MikeSTZillak wrote:^That still doesn't explain how a PC game can be a mod of a game that wasn't released on the PC>
:|

If there’s a will, there’s a way, if they can manage to do it on a Wii exclusive game, they can do it with a DS game, they use to do it for the Gameboy all the time…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F-NgwtKf23w
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#slatternking

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

MikeSTZillak wrote:^That still doesn't explain how a PC game can be a mod of a game that wasn't released on the PC>
If there’s a will, there’s a way, if they can manage to do it on a Wii exclusive game, they can do it with a DS game, they use to do it for the Gameboy all the time…

Those are different. They're actual mods for the game. Pokemon Uranium, whether or not it took sprites from other games, was a PC game built from the ground up.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

MikeSTZillak wrote:

Those are different. They're actual mods for the game. Pokemon Uranium, whether or not it took sprites from other games, was a PC game built from the ground up.
Dude, the entire point is that they took sprites from the official game, and thus, stepped on Nintendo’s toes, Uranium’s creator had taken Nintendo’s property/art and that’s the difference between it and GDBR, Alex creates all his stuff from scratch, he’s not borrowing any art, music, or stages from any previous game. It’s based off one, yes, but it’s a complete recreation.

Uranium stole spritework, and that’s a no-no, that’s what gets you in trouble.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
#slatternking

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GDKBR is safe as long as Toho doesn't want to come after it. As much as I like the game and appreciate Alex's hard work if Toho wants to shut him down one day I doubt there is much he could do to stop them as Godzilla is their IP at the end of the day, free game or not.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Bronyzilla04
Monarch Researcher

Post by Bronyzilla04 »

Has anyone ever thought of city destruction levels in the game? It's like that other game Alex made but played out differently. Take elements of that game and put it in the Godzilla game. Have your favorite kaiju cause destruction to get a high score before the time limit drops to zero. And for giggles, if you have a high enough score, you get to fight the army or Super X 1 or 2.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Anyone seen this guy’s gallery?

https://www.deviantart.com/superkaijuki ... -creations

I’d say he’s doing Alex a big favor.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.