Page 3 of 66

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:00 am
by Jacob Kaiju X
[quote="KaneLocke"]Um... the PICTURE?

Dude, it's an upright komodo dragon. Looks like it belongs in a CN special. It ain't bad, but it's not Godzilla-ish, Like I say about 90% of redesigns, it's a cool monster, but Godzilla, it is not.

The Anguirus feels a lot more authentic. Still has a more cartoonish feel than the original, but it's closer to the source with just enough flare to identify it as a reinvisioning.[/q}

What do you mean by cartonish? Why is it cartoonish to you?

As for my Godzilla, that is NOT a upright Komodo dragon, ok. A upright Komodo dragon would not have spikes, and the head is based off a T-Rex. Is it a great Godzilla, no, but it's not a monitor lizard!

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:14 am
by gvamp
Dude relax it's just some one's critism if you can't take it then don't post your work.

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:55 pm
by Jacob Kaiju X
gvamp wrote:Dude relax it's just some one's critism if you can't take it then don't post your work.


i can take criticism, but I just feel he's "insulting" my work.

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:03 pm
by gvamp
Jacob Kaiju X wrote:
gvamp wrote:Dude relax it's just some one's critism if you can't take it then don't post your work.


i can take criticism, but I just feel he's "insulting" my work.


It does have a kind of cartoony look to it and Godzilla does look like a bipedal lizard.

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:09 pm
by Jacob Kaiju X
gvamp wrote:
Jacob Kaiju X wrote:
gvamp wrote:Dude relax it's just some one's critism if you can't take it then don't post your work.


i can take criticism, but I just feel he's "insulting" my work.


It does have a kind of cartoony look to it and Godzilla does look like a bipedal lizard.


What do you mean by it looking cartoony?

Nevermind, i have calmed down, a bit.

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:49 pm
by HeiseiGodzilla117
It looks cartoony because it looks flat. To make something not look 'cartoony' you need to make it give the illusion that it is 3-dimensional. Work on textures, angles, positions, etc. This is just something that takes practice. And it may or may not take you a little while to get there. Everyone progresses at a different pace with stuff like this.

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:58 pm
by Jacob Kaiju X
Godzilla 2000 wrote:
Jacob Kaiju X wrote:What do you mean by it looking cartoony?


Dude...

Shut. Up.

Do you realize how incredibly whiney you sound right now? You remind me of those deviantart pricks who cant understand why someone doesnt like their "brilliant art."

"HEY GAIZ THIS IZ MAI ART HOPE U LIKE LOL!!"

"Hmmm, a bit cartoony for my tastes, but not bad"

"WHAAAAAAAt???? CARTOONY??? HOW????"

"Well, it just is...thats not really a bad thing, its just-"

"CHRIST!!! YOU PEOPLE ARE SUCH ASSHOLES!! STOP BASHING MY ART!!!!!"

So someone thinks it looks cartoony, and too lizard like. Big skreeonk deal.

I think it looks cartoony as well. It looks like something you'd see in an anime. Thats not exactly an insult. Its just an observation.



Considering that I wrote below that I had calm down, I don't really need to stress the point any further, but I decide to go ahead.

To me, someone saying something is cartoony is pretty much saying it's childish". It's a stigma really....

However, all artwork has links into cartoons and manga/anime. I've been influenced by manga and anime, so it makes perfect sense that I have manga-ish style. However, my artwork is also highly detail, which most manga doesn't have. So, my artwork is a fusion of both Western and Eastern styles.

Personally, I don't care for your attitude, but I also admit, I overreacted. I struck out emotionally instead of sitting back and thinking a bit. So, yes, I'm sorry. And tell you the honest truth, I'm not happy with this "Godzilla" design, so I will probably end up doing another one.

As for me taking criticism, I can sometimes. Other times, not so well.

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:52 pm
by KaneLocke
Jacob Kaiju X wrote:As for my Godzilla, that is NOT a upright Komodo dragon, ok. A upright Komodo dragon would not have spikes, and the head is based off a T-Rex. Is it a great Godzilla, no, but it's not a monitor lizard!

Take your pissy fit back to dA, dude. You can't take criticism, don't post art.

And that isn't a T-rex head, kid. There is nothing even remotely "t-rex" about it.

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:11 pm
by Jacob Kaiju X
KaneLocke wrote:
Jacob Kaiju X wrote:As for my Godzilla, that is NOT a upright Komodo dragon, ok. A upright Komodo dragon would not have spikes, and the head is based off a T-Rex. Is it a great Godzilla, no, but it's not a monitor lizard!

Take your pissy fit back to dA, dude. You can't take criticism, don't post art.

And that isn't a T-rex head, kid. There is nothing even remotely "t-rex" about it.


Gladly. If I have to deal with idiots like you all day, I would go mad.

Also, I'm 31, so I am far from a kid.

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:21 pm
by Jacob Kaiju X
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:It looks cartoony because it looks flat. To make something not look 'cartoony' you need to make it give the illusion that it is 3-dimensional. Work on textures, angles, positions, etc. This is just something that takes practice. And it may or may not take you a little while to get there. Everyone progresses at a different pace with stuff like this.


Um, you should look up the defination of cartoony?

What do you want, Photo-realism? It's just a sketch anyway.

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:36 pm
by Jacob Kaiju X
Godzillatheultimate wrote:.......It's not worth saying anything. Just stop bitching because people don't put your art on par with like, that one painting by Davinci.


I don't give a crap

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:33 pm
by KaneLocke
Jacob Kaiju X wrote:
KaneLocke wrote:
Jacob Kaiju X wrote:As for my Godzilla, that is NOT a upright Komodo dragon, ok. A upright Komodo dragon would not have spikes, and the head is based off a T-Rex. Is it a great Godzilla, no, but it's not a monitor lizard!

Take your pissy fit back to dA, dude. You can't take criticism, don't post art.

And that isn't a T-rex head, kid. There is nothing even remotely "t-rex" about it.


Gladly. If I have to deal with idiots like you all day, I would go mad.

Also, I'm 31, so I am far from a kid.

Well, see ya 'round, kid.

31, my fat ass. Why don't you try looking up dinosaurs before you make claims like, "It's a t-rex head!!!11"

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:36 pm
by HeiseiGodzilla117
Jacob Kaiju X wrote:
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:It looks cartoony because it looks flat. To make something not look 'cartoony' you need to make it give the illusion that it is 3-dimensional. Work on textures, angles, positions, etc. This is just something that takes practice. And it may or may not take you a little while to get there. Everyone progresses at a different pace with stuff like this.


Um, you should look up the defination of cartoony?

What do you want, Photo-realism? It's just a sketch anyway.


No. Maybe you should. It looks very cartoony. And I gave you a reason why it looks like that. I also gave advice for making it NOT look cartoony. Cocky little bastard, aren't you?

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:55 pm
by Jacob Kaiju X
Godzilla 2000 wrote:Wow, you've gone from ok guy to whiney douche in no time flat.

And you say you're 31? I find that hard to believe. At the very least you certainly act like a kid.


Well... I don't give a crap.

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:57 pm
by KaneLocke
Jacob Kaiju X wrote:Well... I don't give a crap.
Well, if that's true, then A:
[quote="SuperSaiyan4Godzilla"I suggest you leave.[/quote]
And B: You wouldn't be whining like a skreeonk over someone giving your art fair criticism.

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:08 pm
by Jacob Kaiju X
KaneLocke wrote:
Jacob Kaiju X wrote:
Well, see ya 'round, kid.

31, my fat ass. Why don't you try looking up dinosaurs before you make claims like, "It's a t-rex head!!!11"


Are you blind in one eye or just stupid? My Godzilla's head is huge and box-liked, like a Tyrannosaur's. I mean, how are getting monitor lizard? Of course, I figure you reply to this in a smartass way instead of tackling me intellectually.

I was born in 1979, so yes, I'm 31. As for dinosaurs, I've been into them since I was four years old, so I do know a little.

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:13 pm
by Jacob Kaiju X
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
Jacob Kaiju X wrote:No. Maybe you should. It looks very cartoony. And I gave you a reason why it looks like that. I also gave advice for making it NOT look cartoony. Cocky little bastard, aren't you?


Yes, my artwork is SOOOOOOOOOO cartoony. LMAO

Let's forget the fact that my artwork is detailed. Besides, if cartoony means anything, I take it as compliment.

What would you suggest would be not cartoony?

As for me being cocky, maybe, maybe not. However, I'm not going to let what you said affect me, cause I view your words as stupid and untrue.

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:14 pm
by Jacob Kaiju X
KaneLocke wrote:
Jacob Kaiju X wrote:Well... I don't give a crap.
Well, if that's true, then A:
[quote="SuperSaiyan4Godzilla"I suggest you leave.

And B: You wouldn't be whining like a skreeonk over someone giving your art fair criticism.[/quote]


What criticism? You simply said my artwork is cartoony, then you called my Godzilla design a monitor lizard, even though it looks more like a T-rex in the face.

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:15 pm
by Jacob Kaiju X
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:Jake, I suggest you leave.

I agree

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:17 pm
by HeiseiGodzilla117
Calm down, Jacob. You're the one who overreacted to simple criticisms, even constructive criticism. And it's head DOES look more like a monitor lizard. Hell, the whole thing does really, minus the spikes. That or rhedosaurus, which was the first thing that popped into my head. Accept criticism. You'll never get anywhere if you don't. If you think something is perfect, fine. But that's not going to allow you to better yourself.

Your artwork IS cartoony. And if you took it as a compliment you wouldn't be taking offense to it, now would you? I already gave advice on making something less cartoony. And you go right ahead and "view [my] words as stupid and untrue". You rejecting outside opinions and criticisms will get you nowhere.