Fan-Made Kaiju Redesign Thread

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Post by LegendZilla »

I would redesign Mothra with a proboscis like real lediopterans. Said proboscis will be able to inject venom as well, rather than a stinger at the rear tip f the abdomen.I would also take note from this particular species of moth : https://www.sciencealert.com/this-night ... -impressed.

Since only males of the species have the abdonomal tendrils, I would work around it by giving her little buds on her rear that emit mind-altering pheromones that disorientate enemies. Battra will be given fully-developed tendrils.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Kiryu2012 wrote:Image

I like those, they look like they belong to some sort of Godzilla cartoon. Nice style to them.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LegendZilla wrote:I would redesign Mothra with a proboscis like real lediopterans. Said proboscis will be able to inject venom as well, rather than a stinger at the rear tip f the abdomen.I would also take note from this particular species of moth : https://www.sciencealert.com/this-night ... -impressed.

Since only males of the species have the abdonomal tendrils, I would work around it by giving her little buds on her rear that emit mind-altering pheromones that disorientate enemies. Battra will be given fully-developed tendrils.
Injecting venom is something I would never see Mothra of all things doing. The mind-altering stuff? I could see that as a form of her reflective scales.
I guess a kaiju like Battra could use a complete redesign, for him I wouldn't mind any new, weird abilities and traits. Those tentacle things would be unique, and better than him being a beam spammer.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^so you’re not happy with the idea of her injecting venom?
Spoiler:
That’s strange because in the upcoming movie she has a stinger, which as we all know injects venom.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LegendZilla wrote:^so you’re not happy with the idea of her injecting venom?
Spoiler:
That’s strange because in the upcoming movie she has a stinger, which as we all know injects venom.
Well, now I know :lol: Not really strange, and I don't know how I feel about that.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I would also redesign Space Godzilla by replacing his head crest with an enlarged crystal-encapsulated brain and change the texture of his skin to resemble the crater-ridden surface of the moon instead of normal Godzilla's trademark keloid-like texture. Just thought I'd help differentiate him from Supergodzilla.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Good ideas. I'd also like to see something more extreme, like fully crystal limbs, maybe. I feel like there's a lot that can be done with the crystals, but the lazy, shoddy production of that movie wasn't very imaginative.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ And that would also fall into the unimaginative category. It's not even a good use of Shin style. They just made him anorexic, painted on a few scars, and put a mouth on his tail. Shin Spacegodzilla should be a full-blown abomination.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I think the opposite, Space Shin should look like a majestic yet benevolent god, he's half star.

Similar to how Shin Ghidorah would be this pristine beautiful beast in contrast to Godzillas hideous appearance.

That picture has him looking way too Shin for something created in a star
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'm not necessarily of the opinion that an evil or negative Godzilla means that his traditional enemies need to become good; why can't they just both be horrible, with humanity screwed no matter who wins? I'd watch a movie that took that route.

Buuut, and while my knee-jerk reaction was confusion, a benevolent Spacegodzilla could actually be really cool. His crystals can be used to protect things other than himself, after all.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

JAGzilla wrote:I'm not necessarily of the opinion that an evil or negative Godzilla means that his traditional enemies need to become good; why can't they just both be horrible, with humanity screwed no matter who wins? I'd watch a movie that took that route.

Buuut, and while my knee-jerk reaction was confusion, a benevolent Spacegodzilla could actually be really cool. His crystals can be used to protect things other than himself, after all.
Whoops, I totally meant malevolent :lol: like a force of nature from space, not good not evil, but pissed nonetheless , 2 malevolent beasts going head to head. SpaceG having a pristine appearance and Shin G having this mangled demon look which ironically is the one we're supposed to root for
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

AYYY I know this guy! TyrantisTerror over on Tumblr. Big fan of his.

Also, Jag, it's supposed to be a redesign of Spacegodzilla that takes influence from Shin, not a Shin Spacegodzilla. (To quote the guy who drew it, he wanted a twisted Godzilla and was like "Wait a minute....."

RIP Evan.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Some of my other favorites he's done

and a link to where to find the rest of these.

RIP Evan.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
AYYY I know this guy! TyrantisTerror over on Tumblr. Big fan of his.

Also, Jag, it's supposed to be a redesign of Spacegodzilla that takes influence from Shin, not a Shin Spacegodzilla. (To quote the guy who drew it, he wanted a twisted Godzilla and was like "Wait a minute....."
I really like his work as well. His ATOM series is very enjoyable.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

Ah. Okay, I'll retract my complaint, then. I still don't like the design, but I guess it's fine for what it is.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Richard Kuulme/Hellraptor Studios made a great redesign of the Rhedosaurus.

And if it's not posted already, Matt Frank's take on Legendary Godzilla.

And here's his redesign of Cyber Zilla for jira004.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Shinji Nishikawa has ShinSpaceGodzilla covered -

Speaking of...

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Here are some organic Gigan art via Deviant Art.

This one is from SeaGunLives.

And this one is by Larry Quach whose DA name is Nobackstreetboys.