Fan-Made Kaiju Redesign Thread

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Kiryu2012
Keizer

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Solid Gamera design. I'd like to see a fullbody of that.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Cool design but the eyes being almost vertical throws me off. It looks like he's high as a kite.

And that smoke coming out his nostril doesn't help :lol:
Last edited by goji89 on Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Hyrotrioskjan made some Spec Evo versions of kaiju. Since they're supposed to be just regular old animals here, they don't look half bad. I especially like the concept of Biollante here.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:21 pm Hyrotrioskjan made some Spec Evo versions of kaiju. Since they're supposed to be just regular old animals here, they don't look half bad. I especially like the concept of Biollante here.
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88777 ... 66Ru7w_nb4
Reposting my thoughts from DA: They're good as realistic interpretations of kaiju, but as the actual deal? They just fall pretty short.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:21 pm Hyrotrioskjan made some Spec Evo versions of kaiju. Since they're supposed to be just regular old animals here, they don't look half bad. I especially like the concept of Biollante here.
I see no regular animal with Biollante. You got trees growing out of its eyes from a bone skull. It's insulting.

*I'm really passionate about my Biollante don't mind me*

But fuck that design.

Also, the other kaiju animals are really cool looking abd do look like animals one could encounter, I like them.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

goji89 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:42 pm
I see no regular animal with Biollante. You got trees growing out of its eyes from a bone skull. It's insulting.

You do know that's what plants do when they're near carcasses, right? They grow around it, incorporating it into their "bodies".

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:22 pm
goji89 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:42 pm

You do know that's what plants do when they're near carcasses, right? They grow around it, incorporating it into their "bodies".
What? Since when do they do that?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Another redesign based around animals: Chameleon Godzilla by @AshleyPalaeo.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Ive always appreciated these types of redesigns, though I do take issue with people who think that these are IMPROVEMENTS. Hyrotrioskjan's designs look fantastic as their own things, even if that wasnt intended. Id love like a fantasy novel set in a world with these creature designs. Its sad to find out that he hates Kaiju movies, but I guess to each their own.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

105697 has two Destoroyahs, now.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:35 am 105697 has two Destoroyahs, now.
I usually like his stuff but this one in particular looks a bit too off for my taste. I never really got why so many people make Destoroyah a quadreped to begin with.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:45 am I usually like his stuff but this one in particular looks a bit too off for my taste. I never really got why so many people make Destoroyah a quadreped to begin with.
I like to trace everything back to Matt Frank's NEO series. Everyone is/has ap'd it to death now.

Why is that Destoroyah a horse...I don't...

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

SpaceG92 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:07 am
Gigantis wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:45 am I usually like his stuff but this one in particular looks a bit too off for my taste. I never really got why so many people make Destoroyah a quadreped to begin with.
I like to trace everything back to Matt Frank's NEO series. Everyone is/has ap'd it to death now.

Why is that Destoroyah a horse...I don't...
Yeah, 1 in 5 of these redesigns seems to be a direct copy or heavily inspired by Godzilla NEO. I can see why; some of his designs look pretty awesome. However straight up copying them is lazy and shows a lack of imagination.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

ArtMaker
Interpol Agent

Post by ArtMaker »

I personally always took it as incorporating his crustacean origins (and earlier multi-limbed forms) into his final one. But that’s just my thinking anyways.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

No, that Dessy is a no from me Dawg.

The multi limb sea horse look is just no.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

This is supposed to be a Godzilla redesign...

:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

That looks astounding as its own monster. But as Godzilla, it fails on every level.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:42 pm That looks astounding as its own monster. But as Godzilla, it fails on every level.
Im gonna agree.

The problem I have with these is they *artists* trying to pass these off as Godzilla. Like dude, you have something that is drawn well just make it into something else and you're good. Stop saying it's Godzilla.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:42 pm That looks astounding as its own monster. But as Godzilla, it fails on every level.
Agreed. I can somewhat see what the artist was going for, but it falls flat on its face in every single way. This is not Godzilla...at all lol

Anyways, take a look at this Dark Horse comics Ghidorah concept art

I like it. Feels super alien while also being obviously Ghidorah
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Jermobooka wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:30 pm Image
I feel like this would've got Dark Horse in copyright troubles with Toho but still pretty cool.