Fan-Made Kaiju Redesign Thread

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
DaiKamonohashi
Interpol Agent

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Post by DaiKamonohashi »

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:
DaiKamonohashi wrote:
THE GODZILLA wrote:Oh man, I FINALLY get to have this off my chest...

Anyone who thinks Godzilla shouldn't have a modern therapod stance is a moron stuck in the past.
:|

I say...

You spam! Bad, bad!

:: squirts you with water bottle ::
Hey, I made a more worthy contribution to this conversation with my two icons than you did with eleven words.

THE GODZILLA
Monarch Researcher

Post by THE GODZILLA »

We can NEVER be friends. :(
Why not? Or are you one of those people who just can't stand when people use creativity and modern science on Godzilla?
Okay, I'll bite.

Before we begin, I feel I really should ask. Are you joking? If so, well played good sir.
No, I just drew a picture for no reason at all! :roll:

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

THE GODZILLA wrote:Why not? Or are you one of those people who just can't stand when people use creativity and modern science on Godzilla?
It's a joke. And 'modern science' can't apply to a 50-100 meter radioactive saurian beast. And I hate to tell you, but it's hardly "creative", it's just another hunched over Godzilla.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

DaiKamonohashi
Interpol Agent

Post by DaiKamonohashi »

THE GODZILLA wrote:Oh man, I FINALLY get to have this off my chest...

Anyone who thinks Godzilla shouldn't have a modern therapod stance is a moron stuck in the past.

I think this opinion is asinine.

Better, SS4G?

THE GODZILLA
Monarch Researcher

Post by THE GODZILLA »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:And 'modern science' can't apply to a 50-100 meter radioactive saurian beast.
How so?
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:And I hate to tell you, but it's hardly "creative", it's just another hunched over Godzilla.
I never said my design was creative. I was stereotyping.

I think this opinion is asinine.
You mad brah?

Reptile
GPN Volunteer

Post by Reptile »

Okay, I'll bite.

Before we begin, I feel I really should ask. Are you joking? If so, well played good sir.
No, I just drew a picture for no reason at all! :roll:
...Oh. Okay.
I’m glad you opened up with this little bit of shining example of why no one in the fandom likes people who try and “REALIZE“ Godzilla. You think the fact that you’ve seen Jurassic Park and King Kong makes you a genius who knows what’s best for the character.

It’s not what you’re doing. It’s the holier than thou attitude you all adopt. Every single one of you pretending you’re fixing the Godzilla franchise when in fact you’re doing nothing but screeching at the top of your lungs for people to take you seriously for liking Godzilla movies. Unless you don’t even like Godzilla (I wouldn’t be surprised.) in which case I’d tell you to leave these forums and go make a whiny ass post on your Deviantart or blog or whatever you post on about how everyone’s wrong but you and Godzilla is dumb and lame and Godzilla fans are big dumb poopy heads who cannot perceive your brilliance.

Let’s face it, that’s the only way this is going to end. Sooner or later. You just revealed a deep contempt for both Godzilla and Godzilla fans. On a Godzilla forum. I know you’re expecting them to throw themselves at your feet and call you a genius, but it’s not going to happen. Because what you’re doing isn’t new, nor is it particularly clever. Tohokingdom doesn’t like people like you and or good reason. You’re arrogant trolls who think you’re sure of your own genius. The posters at Tohokingdom routinely laugh at people like you.

And wait, if you’re so obsessed with making Godzilla realistic, then why in the hell do you have a Pokemon for an avatar? It’s not even a redesigned GRIMDARK Pokemon off Deviantart. What is that even supposed to be? A Apatosaurus with leaves growing out of its neck? That’s not realistic. It’s not cool and awesome and badass and XXXXXTREEEEEME! by a twelve-year-old‘s definition of the word therefore it obviously doesn‘t fit your persona.
People don't want to see a fatass monster hulking itself around; they clearly want to see a powerful creature that can actually move quickly.
Wait, are we assuming you’re aware of what “people” want to see and aren’t just projecting your own desires on the rest of the human population?

And…who cares what the general movie going public thinks of Godzilla? These are the same people that made the Twilight films and Avatar financial successes and indeed, pop culture icons after all. I think it would be wise to take their opinions with a grain of salt and yours with even less. If they can’t appreciate Godzilla for what he is, then I couldn’t care less. I have north of twenty movies to enjoy, they’re not going away. A new Godzilla film would be cool especially with modern special effects but it’s not needed. Not if it squats down and takes a shit all over the character to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
A monster that has done this is Deviljho from the Monster Hunter series.
Monster Hunter is stupid and unrealistic and you’re an idiot weaboo for liking it.

^ This is fun, I can see why you do it.
Deviljho brings horror that Godzilla can't bring.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rScC9xzpODc

I’m sorry, what?

This?

This?

This is your basis for the best Godzilla design you ever shit onto paper? This is better than every other Godzilla designed by anyone?

No.

I’d take the shitty Heisei Godzilla over Deviljho’s unholy offspring conceived with Zilla after an all night bender. At least Heisei Godzilla looks like Godzilla.
He will willingly hunt you down and destroy anything in his path.
Yes, I know. He’s huge, has tiny legs and bounces around like he’s made out of rubber at great speeds while terrorizing 3D magical manga land. You find him very impressive.
Godzilla is just like "I'MA LUMBER OVER THAR!"
Godzilla doesn’t need to run around like the Jurassic Park T-Rex a firin his lazor at everything like a jackass. He doesn’t need to run period. He’s not an Allosaurus doped up to his eyeballs on speed because he doesn’t have to be. When Godzilla decides he’s tired of playing defender of the Earth and decides to reign down the carnage he’s as slow and inexorable as death, unstoppable and implacable.

He’s a nuclear leviathan with powers bordering on that of a demi-god. Cities don’t move, he doesn’t have anywhere he needs to be in any kind of a hurry because once he decides to go somewhere nothing can stop him.

If you had even an inkling of the character, then you’d realize this.
How boring!
Only for those who have attention spans limited to how much shitty, hand held, seizure inducing action is on the screen.

So, idiots with ADD. (<See, I’m making huge, sweeping generalization because you are. It’s going to get worse on from here as we descend into your second paragraph.)
So, I decided to cure that shitty part about Godzilla by designing him using Deviljho as a base. Now, I'm sure many of you are going to cry bullshit; "But giving Godzilla a therapod build destroys his entire purpose!"
And here we return to the reason why you little shits are so fucking unlikable.

Your attempts at “curing” (you’re underage, methinks) Godzilla result in…a Deviljho with dorsal plates. It’s not Godzilla. You’re either going to flip shit and throw a temper tantrum like Jacob X or whatever the fuck his name was or you’re going to try and post all smug and cocky and accuse me of being a stupid butthurt fan boy while gritting your teeth and screaming obscenities at me from the opposite behind your computer screen. Either way, you suck at redesigning Godzilla. You clearly hate the character and just came to this board to start shit and talk about Pokemon while pedaling your crap as the improved Godzilla.

You’re so fucking transparent I can read you like a telepathic Freud.
Of course, those people are idiots.
No.

I’m right and you’re wrong. So shut the fuck up because God damn it I can blindly insult people who disagree with me too.
Godzilla was first and foremost created based off the dinosaur art from its time.

Godzilla is first and foremost a monster. Again, if you had any knowledge whatsoever of the character. You would know this.
ANYONE who thinks that Godzilla shouldn't adapt to the current times is too busy furiously humping Heisei Godzilla's obese legs.
Go masturbate to Dinomaster’s kaiju gallery. His shit is right up your alley.

Reptile
GPN Volunteer

Post by Reptile »

I like to think I'm just doing a public service.

THE GODZILLA
Monarch Researcher

Post by THE GODZILLA »

Ahahahaha, you truly bit the bait in regards to my trolling. I thought the "You mad brah" would have given it away.

Seriously, I don't give a rat's ass about the whole "OMG GODZILLA SHOULD BE LIKE THIS!" redesign thing. I was curious what would happen if somebody with an attitude like that would come in and say something (you mentioned Dino-Master, for example, and I can tell you personally that he would act very much like this). Everyone seems to take redesigning Godzilla WAY too seriously. But maybe that's just me? =/

I must say though, I apologize if I really struck a cord there Reptile.

DaiKamonohashi
Interpol Agent

Post by DaiKamonohashi »

THE GODZILLA, I think I like you a little more after that little stunt of yours but it seems far less entertaining now.

KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Post by KaneLocke »

Dude, TG is awesome. And he shows just how people take fan art too seriously.
Jacob Kaiju X wrote: Ah, thank you! A guy who actually know how to use constructive criticism.
News flash, kiddo: We're not obliged to be constructive.
Proud father, husband, and son.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:4 years of biological, anatomical, and physical studies gives me the right to realize Godzilla in a naturalized way.
... You'd have that right anyway, dude.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

THE GODZILLA
Monarch Researcher

Post by THE GODZILLA »

DaiKamonohashi wrote:THE GODZILLA, I think I like you a little more after that little stunt of yours but it seems far less entertaining now.
Hey, I only needed my Friday night to be entertained! Tonight is Pulp Fiction and other various movies, followed by picking up my new game filled with "Apatasaurs with leaves growing out of their necks" to entertain me for the rest of the semester.

As for my picture, I drew it for fun, because that's what casual artists like myself and many Godzilla artists do. We draw and design because it's a way to pass the time, have fun, and most importantly let our minds go wild. I felt like drawing a Godzilla with some Deviljho influence. Fans always go apeshit whenever they see a modern stanced Godzilla, and most recently, went rabid over that "Fat-zilla" design. I wanted to draw a modern stanced Godzilla packed with thick muscle, as a nod to Heisei Godzilla. After all, he's the Godzilla that probably influenced us the most in our youth. :)

Dragoon
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dragoon »

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:Hey, Reptile....You mad bro?

And on one note:

4 years of biological, anatomical, and physical studies gives me the right to realize Godzilla in a naturalized way.
Yeah, but the more realistic you make Godzilla the worse he is. At his average height throughout the movies, his weight would crush his own bones. If you reduced him to a twentieth of his size (I believe that'd be about the height of a T-Rex) he'd still be slow and panting, and he would get killed very easily. (Assuming this is even remotely possible) Breathing radioactive fire would burn his throat and mouth so badly he couldn't eat. The radiation would give him cancer and Godzilla would die a slow, horrible death.

You have the right to envision him as realistic and natural, but that'd make a pretty crappy film.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

^ so if godzilla is hunched over... that means the film is bad?

i would actually like a godzilla with the extra joint in his legs. but still upright.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

DaiKamonohashi
Interpol Agent

Post by DaiKamonohashi »

THE GODZILLA wrote:After all, he's the Godzilla that probably influenced us the most in our youth. :)
Not for me!

Honestly, I have no interest in seeing a Godzilla design take after modern therapods - I've seen a couple I could *tolerate* but none that I actually *like*.

THE GODZILLA
Monarch Researcher

Post by THE GODZILLA »

I wish I grew up more with Showa Godzilla. Most of the movies I would pop in and watch all the time were the Heisei films (especially Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla 2, though I'm not sure why this one in particular). Hell, I had the Dark Horse comics as a kid too, and by golly, they really made me love Heisei Godzilla's design.

That's probably why I used more Heisei Godzilla than any of the others in that drawing. Watching him kick ass in Dark Horse (while being free of suitmation problems) was just awesome.

DaiKamonohashi
Interpol Agent

Post by DaiKamonohashi »

I was raised primarily on Gigan, Hedorah, Sea Monster, and the original Mechagodzilla more than any of the other films - though I did see several more, those four were tapes I wore out more than any of the others. I didn't see any of the 90s films until high school and, honestly, I've NEVER liked them. At all. And as the years have gone by, my simple distaste for the films has evolved into an outright hatred for most of them.

THE GODZILLA
Monarch Researcher

Post by THE GODZILLA »

I hate to say it, but most of the time as a kid, I was addicted to the Rebirth of Mothra films. Boy, was I in for a surprise when I popped one in a year or so ago to see if I'd like it as an adult, hahaha. That, and Godzilla's Revenge. It's amazing how one can like a movie so much as a kid, but when you grow up...

DaiKamonohashi
Interpol Agent

Post by DaiKamonohashi »

Godzilla's Revenge is the most underrated film in the series if you ask me. :P

Ethan
G-Grasper

Post by Ethan »

I'd say this is a fairly good redesign:

This one's fairly bad:
"If only all garden variety fans had just one neck!"