Fan-Made Kaiju Redesign Thread

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Post by BlankAccount »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Fucking terrible. All of these generic reptile-looking Godzillas are piss-awful and I sincerely wonder if the people who enjoy these types of redesigns are even fans of the franchise.
A lot of stuff
Dude, I know the idea is to try something different, I'm glad they are because this series got stagnent around the Heisi and Millenium era, but I think there's a difference between the let's do something different and let's make Godzilla a T-rex from JP.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

I really, really hope this is ironic
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

tyrantgoji wrote:To balance things out though, i will say this ones pretty good looking. Reptilian, but still looks like Godzilla. Plus it's a model by Dopepope!

Hey someone posted my Godzilla! I'm glad you like it, dopepope did a wonderful job. This is the 2017 version. I have some made modifications and passed the design around to several artists. I like to put it through the wringer.

If you're interested you can check the different versions here: https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 7#p1379607

I am absolutely obsessed with a more reptilian Godzilla and it's been absolutely fun to do. The final version by Emily Stepp was an absolutely fun time, she's a wonderful artist. I've also done redesigns of Mothra, Ghidorah, and Rodan. Anguirus and Titanosaurus are next.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:To balance things out though, i will say this ones pretty good looking. Reptilian, but still looks like Godzilla. Plus it's a model by Dopepope!

Hey someone posted my Godzilla! I'm glad you like it, dopepope did a wonderful job. This is the 2017 version. I have some made modifications and passed the design around to several artists. I like to put it through the wringer.

If you're interested you can check the different versions here: https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 7#p1379607

I am absolutely obsessed with a more reptilian Godzilla and it's been absolutely gun to do. The final version by Emily Stepp was an absolutely fun time, she's a wonderful artist.
Is it bad i forgot you made this? :lol:

Gotta say, wouldn't mind something like that in the next G film (though i doubt Toho would do it). Pretty nice!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

tyrantgoji wrote:
Maverick Centigrade wrote:

I am absolutely obsessed with a more reptilian Godzilla and it's been absolutely gun to do. The final version by Emily Stepp was an absolutely fun time, she's a wonderful artist.
Is it bad i forgot you made this? :lol:

Gotta say, wouldn't mind something like that in the next G film (though i doubt Toho would do it). Pretty nice!
Not really, I'm no Matt Frank. ;)

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Living Corpse wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
A lot of stuff
Dude, I know the idea is to try something different, I'm glad they are because this series got stagnent around the Heisi and Millenium era, but I think there's a difference between the let's do something different and let's make Godzilla a T-rex from JP.
You...completely missed my point regarding the movie concepts.

The point wasn’t “The concept artists wanted to try something different”, it was “the concept artists did something extremely different so they could take aspects of each design and whittle it down to something unique but recognizable”.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Say what you will, but this design for 2014 Godzilla would've been a very interesting take. Pushing the Heisei narrative of Godzilla being an undiscovered prehistoric carnivorous dinosaur that was nuked. While also keeping Godzilla buff enough to where he can handle his own, unlike Iguanazilla. Plus, look at that tail.. that's a beast.

I'm not saying it would've been the best call, but it certainly would've been different yet interesting. I could certainly hear this design roaring with the classic roar.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

_JNavs_ wrote:Say what you will, but this design for 2014 Godzilla would've been a very interesting take. Pushing the Heisei narrative of Godzilla being an undiscovered prehistoric carnivorous dinosaur that was nuked. While also keeping Godzilla buff enough to where he can handle his own, unlike Iguanazilla. Plus, look at that tail.. that's a beast.

I'm not saying it would've been the best call, but it certainly would've been different yet interesting. I could certainly hear this design roaring with the classic roar.
Yeah but his arms aren't doing him any favors. Make them any shorter and they look like Bemular's. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

tyrantgoji wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Say what you will, but this design for 2014 Godzilla would've been a very interesting take. Pushing the Heisei narrative of Godzilla being an undiscovered prehistoric carnivorous dinosaur that was nuked. While also keeping Godzilla buff enough to where he can handle his own, unlike Iguanazilla. Plus, look at that tail.. that's a beast.

Yeah but his arms aren't doing him any favors. Make them any shorter and they look like Bemular's. :lol:
Yeah lol, he'd definitely need some arm extensions before he's sent out into the field, for sure.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

This head design on the body selected for the movie would have been perfect for me.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

3 abominable redesigns below!

Godzilla
Anguirus
Rodan

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Anguirus has a "Kill me" face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Godzilla looks like he's a second away from crying because of his miserable existence.
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Anyway, here's someone who took the "skreoonked up clone" part of Orga to the next level.

https://www.deviantart.com/syfyman2xxx/ ... -566991951
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

tyrantgoji wrote:Anyway, here's someone who took the "skreoonked up clone" part of Orga to the next level.

https://www.deviantart.com/syfyman2xxx/ ... -566991951
Here's another redesign by the same person. While I'm not against the idea of an azhdarchid Rodan, this isn't the right way to do it.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:3 abominable redesigns below!

Godzilla
Eh, enlarge the spines and arms, and fix up the feet and body proportions and it could be reworked into a more decent design.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

tyrantgoji wrote:While i will say this isn't another bad realistic design...that's all i can say, because wow this doesn't even remotely resemble Godzilla.

Wait.

Actually, this is an amazing redesign of the character, it's just not being looked at in the right context. It's not a redesign of Godzilla. It's a redesign of Gojira.

Gorilla-whale.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:While i will say this isn't another bad realistic design...that's all i can say, because wow this doesn't even remotely resemble Godzilla.

Wait.

Actually, this is an amazing redesign of the character, it's just not being looked at in the right context. It's not a redesign of Godzilla. It's a redesign of Gojira.

Gorilla-whale.
I don't see any "whale" but okay.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Other than the very Shin Godzilla-esque face, I quite like this one.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Image
Other than the very Shin Godzilla-esque face, I quite like this one.
If that's a full grown Godzilla he's too big for my taste. Design is nice tho! :)