G-MAN 1.5 Reconstructions

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
G-MAN
Interpol Agent

G-MAN 1.5 Reconstructions

Post by G-MAN »

Sorry for my absence on the forums as of late. Didn't mean to ignore any messages about people asking for links. I haven't disappeared or anything. Just been hard at work on updating my previous reconstructions. Which of course you can see I'm just labeling them as version 1.5 and not say 2.0. As the base sources are pretty much still the same. Not to say there aren't some huge improvements though. At least in my opinion.

So after getting more comfortable doing it after Son of Godzilla and Ghidrah. I decided it was time to see what could be done with the other films color correction wise. And all completed 1.5 reconstructions are listed below and will be updated as others are finished. I've also added a commentary track when available for the film.

Godzilla vs Megalon International/MST3k HD Reconstruction 1.5 is completed.

Godzilla's Revenge Reconsttuction 1.5 with commentary is completed.

Godzilla vs the Thing Reconstruction 1.5 with commentary is completed.

Terror of Mechagodzilla UPA Cut Reconstruction 1.5 with commentary is completed.

Frankenstein Conquers the World 1.5 is in progress

Monster Zero 1.5 with commentary is upcoming.

One thing I should mention though. For some of the films their commentary tracks won't be perfect sync wise. Mainly due to the fact that the classic media releases have some differences to them either not present on the Criterion releases. Or in the case of Godzilla vs the Thing are missing parts of sequences available in the transfer Criterion had. They are all still entertaining and highly watchable along side the film. But I just had to put a little disclaimer.
Last edited by G-MAN on Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Re: G-MAN 1.5 Reconstructions

Post by G-MAN »

Here are some comparison shots

Megalon

Criterion Image

G-MAN Image

Criterion Image

G-MAN Image

Criterion Image

G-MAN Image

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

Terror of Mechagodzilla comparisons

Criterion Image

G-MAN Image

Criterion Image

G-MAN Image

Criterion Image

G-MAN Image

Criterion Image

G-MAN Image

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

Godzilla's Revenge Comparisons

Criterion Image

G-MAN Image

Criterion Image

G-MAN Image

Criterion Image

G-MAN Image

tbuick66
Young Farmer

Post by tbuick66 »

These look incredible! Thank you for these exceptional restorations!!!

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

Godzilla vs the Thing comparisons.

Criterion Image

G-MAN Image

Criterion Image

G-MAN Image

Criterion Image

G-MAN Image

Criterion Image

G-MAN Image

Criterion Image

G-MAN Image

ultrase7en
Samurai

Post by ultrase7en »

Awesome! Gotta love something good getting even better.

m0nster01
Samurai

Post by m0nster01 »

Wow!!!

Phenomenal work!

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

Frankenstein Conquers the World 1.5 has finally been uploaded and completed after life and work keeping me from it.

WaverBoy
Yojimbo

Post by WaverBoy »

G-MAN wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:23 pm Frankenstein Conquers the World 1.5 has finally been uploaded and completed after life and work keeping me from it.
Whoa! What’s different about this latest version?

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

Very sorry to be absent for so long. Had alot of issues pop up in life. Also had issues with the settings I used once I tested it on another set up. All have been re-rendered and re-uploaded. With Godzilla vs the Thing being the last one to be finished which if no errors persist. Should be up before the end of next week. And that's being really generous too.

Apologies to those who have reached out for links.

FCTW, Ghidrah, Son, ToMG, Monster Zero, Godzilla's Revenge, and Megalon are all ready to go and uplaoded. With some new improvements.

Namely FCTW has a better color grading. And the audio has been cleaned up of as much noise as possible. Son has the second dub as a bonus option. And further general tweaks to each film

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

All 8 titles have been uploaded and ready to be shared as well as a bonus new reconstruction/edit. That film being Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla'74. Color corrected the film and used the titles from the sony release. Screenshots comparisons are available on the Twitter page.
Last edited by G-MAN on Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tbuick6
Ronin

Post by tbuick6 »

tbuick66 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:36 am These look incredible! Thank you for these exceptional restorations!!!
Hi G-Man. I am posting this request in the forum as I can't sent you a PM since I can't remember my password to my original tbuick6 log in (what a dummy) You responded to my request a few months back for my request for links to your reconstructions, but it was at a time that you were called away to life matters :) I would appreciate if there was a way you could kindly get those links to me. I have been waiting for a week for the site to send me a password reset email and am still waiting. Thanks for your great work.

smagal
Samurai

Post by smagal »

I also sent you a PM asking for links. Please G-MAN answer to that message :) Thank you very much for your work!

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

Hey sorry for any delay I'll be sending a pm on over to both of you with the links.

Added in 2 minutes 8 seconds:
tbuick6 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:34 am
tbuick66 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:36 am These look incredible! Thank you for these exceptional restorations!!!
Hi G-Man. I am posting this request in the forum as I can't sent you a PM since I can't remember my password to my original tbuick6 log in (what a dummy) You responded to my request a few months back for my request for links to your reconstructions, but it was at a time that you were called away to life matters :) I would appreciate if there was a way you could kindly get those links to me. I have been waiting for a week for the site to send me a password reset email and am still waiting. Thanks for your great work.
Message me on my Twitter and I'll get the links to you as it won't let me send a pm to you

BlakeRL
Ronin

Post by BlakeRL »

Hi G-MAN, can I get new links to your reconstructions?

Thanks in advance
BlakeRL

tbuick6
Ronin

Post by tbuick6 »

G-MAN wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:28 pm Hey sorry for any delay I'll be sending a pm on over to both of you with the links.

Added in 2 minutes 8 seconds:
tbuick6 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:34 am
Message me on my Twitter and I'll get the links to you as it won't let me send a pm to you
Twitter message sent. Thanks!

tbuick6
Ronin

Post by tbuick6 »

Just want to give a huge shout out to G-Man for his amazing work on these beloved films and for his generosity! I don't know what I am enjoying more, the vastly improved picture quality or the plethora of audio and commentary options. Thank you soooo much!!