Godzilla 2014: Servanov 35mm Experience (AVAILABLE NOW)

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Servanov
Monsterland Worker

Godzilla 2014: Servanov 35mm Experience (AVAILABLE NOW)

Post by Servanov »

While me and RedMenace wait on the final arrangements for a certain other film version-related project, I thought I'd use some of the expertise I know in film stocks and film print characteristics from working in film for so long and create a 35mm-ified version of the 2014 Godzilla film. This should be an easy project. Add grain, adjust colors, add scratches and dust, gate weave, reel cues, etc.

Be on the lookout!

EDIT:
It's done! That didn't take too long, did it? Here it is, complete with grain, dust, gate weave, cue marks and film colors!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/znhq100q1 ... e.mkv/file

Enjoy!
Last edited by Servanov on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Godzilla 2014: Servanov 35mm Experience

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

This sounds cool! I look forward to seeing how it turns out. Hopefully some richer colors!
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

This is cool! I've always wanted to learn how to recreate gate weave in Premiere Pro or After Effects than buying an expensive plug-in. Also, I'll be looking forward to you and Red's upcoming projects. The anticipation is killing me!
Last edited by GodzillaBurgh on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Servanov
Monsterland Worker

Post by Servanov »

I've just finished reel one! Here's a preview! I've decided to release it 720 since many 35mm prints aren't always 1080p in resolution after all the generations of film. Here it is:

https://mega.nz/#!F9Y1TIDQ!RvnepTzI7BLy ... ovsC7zXWts

Here's some screenshots:

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I'm really anxious to see how this fleshes out with some of the scenes later in the film, where you can hardly see anything and the colors are muted.

I wish someone would "Toho-fy" this. Add themes, maybe change roars, sound effects, etc.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Servanov
Monsterland Worker

Post by Servanov »

Final complete film is exporting, should be up within the next two days or so.