Kyodai Kino YouTube channel

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Kyodai Kino YouTube channel

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Hey all! Some of you may have noticed I haven't put out a reconstruction in about a year, partially due to putting the ones I had planned on hold in case of a Criterion release, and partially due to some degree of burnout. (Don't worry though; if you liked those, I've got something in the works you'll love -- message me!)

I have been working on some things in the meantime, though! In case any of you weren't aware, I've started a YouTube channel under the name Kyodai Kino to carry on the sort of work I did for my college capstone project; I've already uploaded three videos and I've got three more coming, plus reuploads of some old short joke videos I made.

From Nagasaki to 9/11: War, Politics and the New American Kaiju Boom (Reupload)

Japanese Nationalism in Shin Godzilla: A Response to the "Old Guard"

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) trailer reactions

If you like these, please comment, share, subscribe, ring the bell, and whatever else YouTube's got us doing nowadays. I've also got Facebook and Twitter accounts for this channel that are linked in the video descriptions if you want to follow those. I'll also have a Patreon up before my next video, which'll be a comparative review of Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger and the first season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (with videos on Dairanger/season 2 and Kakuranger/season 3 to follow).

RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Kyodai Kino YouTube channel

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Hey! I posted the American kaiju video as it's own thread. I have to say, you have some damn good video essays. Excited to see what you come up with next. :D

RIP Evan.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Into the Rangerverse #1: Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger vs. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Currently working on the next video, comparing Dairanger and season 2.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Good stuff! Never actually knew that Toei had specifically made footage for MMPR. I always figured they just shipped the suits to America instead.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

I knew about Zyu2 from a while back but the new stuff with the Bandora Gang was something I only recently learned about; I thought that was really interesting.

And they did ship suits over to the US -- seasons 2 and 3 make extensive use of those once there's no longer Toei footage of the Zyurangers fighting the monsters to fall back on, and there are a few scenes in season 1 that use them as well. Green with Evil part 5 is one instance that really sticks out to me; Jason destroying Tommy's sword is a really obvious case of Saban Ranger footage being edited into a Toei fight.
Last edited by omgitsgodzilla on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Into the Rangerverse #2: Gosei Sentai Dairanger vs. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

MMPR: The Movie/Kakuranger/season 3 video forthcoming
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

I've really been enjoying these 'Into the Rangerverse' vids. While I am knowledgeable about the Zyu2 stuff, it's nice to see another perspective on this (especially from someone who is actively watching the Sentai counterparts as I've only really seen Zyuranger). I, personally, can't wait until I see further analysis on later seasons.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Into the Rangerverse #3: Ninja Sentai Kakuranger vs. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

The third installment! A look at how Kakuranger compares to season 3, with a mercifully quick look at the movie.
cmdmstudios wrote:I've really been enjoying these 'Into the Rangerverse' vids. While I am knowledgeable about the Zyu2 stuff, it's nice to see another perspective on this (especially from someone who is actively watching the Sentai counterparts as I've only really seen Zyuranger). I, personally, can't wait until I see further analysis on later seasons.
Glad you've been enjoying them! If I do do any more, it'll be a bit, as I'm still working through the second half of Kakuranger at the moment. I've got other stuff planned in the meantime, though!
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

What does the Reiwa Era mean for the Godzilla series?

RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

King of the Monsters Cram Session: A beginner's guide to the Godzilla series

RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon