American Kaiju Renaissance video essay

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

American Kaiju Renaissance video essay

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Hey guys, I just realized I hadn't shared this here yet, and I thought you might like it!

As some of you probably know, the reason I haven't really been doing much in terms of projects or posting around here in general is because I've been finishing up college. (I've now graduated, so hopefully I'll have something new for you guys soon.) This video essay is what I did for my capstone project, which is kind of like a thesis I guess -- a big project that sort of caps off your undergrad career and ties together your major, any minors and the general liberal studies courses you took.

I did mine on the similar themes and issues underlying both the original Showa-era cycle of kaiju films and the new ones coming out in America in recent years:

I'm currently in the middle of disputing three copyright claims by Toho, one with Warners and I've only just settled Universal's, so the viewability might be spotty. If the YouTube video stops working, here's a Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ordjz ... 5ysNGkeA5P

Hope you enjoy it!
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: American Kaiju Renaissance video essay

Post by Maritonic »

This sounds INCREDIBLE. I will absolutely be checking this out when I get off work tonight, thank you for sharing!

P.S. I wondered why you had been so quiet, congrats on graduating! Look forward to more stuff from you.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.