CinemaGoji - My Godzilla YouTube Channel

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
UltramanGoji

Re: CinemaGoji - My Godzilla YouTube Channel

Post by UltramanGoji »

JAGzilla wrote:Watched it this morning. A pretty decent intro to Honda, and there was some info in there I'd either never heard or forgotten.
Thanks! Yeah, the book I referenced is seriously a trove of information I've never heard anywhere else. Definitely recommended!
Dr. Professor wrote:Great video! I had no idea he was in the war, or that he felt the way he did about the direction of the series in the Showa era. After learning that, I'm surprised he directed as many Godzilla films as he did.
I think a large part of it had to do with his sense of neutrality and just being a very non-aggressive person. It was making money for him and his family and it wouldn't make much sense to argue.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:Great video! I had no idea he was in the war, or that he felt the way he did about the direction of the series in the Showa era. After learning that, I'm surprised he directed as many Godzilla films as he did.
I think a large part of it had to do with his sense of neutrality and just being a very non-aggressive person. It was making money for him and his family and it wouldn't make much sense to argue.
I can respect that. It's kind of funny since Jun Fukuda said there should've never been any sequels to the original, and they're both the most prolific directors to the franchise.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I finally have a wealth of free time, so here's a new video!

Side note: You can tell this episode's audio was recorded a long time ago, seeing as how I fail to mention any of the new City on the Edge of Battle info we've received. :lol:

I'll be posting an actual channel update tomorrow, so check in for that.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

I could've sworn I was subscribed to you, gotta fix that. :D
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Just watched the Mothra video. Once again, nice work! You do a good job of balancing the content of these videos- they're primarily general overviews of very basic information for newcomers, but you also include just enough minor details and trivia to keep lifelong fans interested. I, for example, didn't know/had possibly forgotten about Mothra's mural at the Toho studio.

So how many Kaiju 101 videos do you plan to make? Just a few of the big name monsters, or all of them?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

HedorahGrabber
GPN Volunteer

Post by HedorahGrabber »

UltramanGoji wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:Watched it this morning. A pretty decent intro to Honda, and there was some info in there I'd either never heard or forgotten.
Thanks! Yeah, the book I referenced is seriously a trove of information I've never heard anywhere else. Definitely recommended!
Lol holy moly I didn't know you're here on the TK Forums. I'm currently working on a youtube video called, "Five Godzilla YouTubers That I Recommend" on my channel, DylloFello, and you're one of them.
Sir, you're interfering with my deep lore discussion.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

UltimateDitto wrote:I could've sworn I was subscribed to you, gotta fix that. :D
Thank you so much! :D
JAGzilla wrote:Just watched the Mothra video. Once again, nice work! You do a good job of balancing the content of these videos- they're primarily general overviews of very basic information for newcomers, but you also include just enough minor details and trivia to keep lifelong fans interested. I, for example, didn't know/had possibly forgotten about Mothra's mural at the Toho studio.

So how many Kaiju 101 videos do you plan to make? Just a few of the big name monsters, or all of them?
Thanks for the kind words! My main goal with not just this series but the entire channel is to provide stuff that newcomers and existing fans can enjoy. I'm glad I seem to have succeeded in that regard! :)

For Kaiju 101, I have about 20-25 videos planned. The first five or so are focused around Toho's Big Five (Godzilla, Mothra, Ghidorah, Rodan, MechaG) and then I'll start broadening to more general areas such as the different eras, fan terminology, continuity, and two episodes on Gamera and Ultraman.
HedorahGrabber wrote: Lol holy moly I didn't know you're here on the TK Forums. I'm currently working on a youtube video called, "Five Godzilla YouTubers That I Recommend" on my channel, DylloFello, and you're one of them.
Wow, thank you so much!! I really appreciate that! :mrgreen:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

New video!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Not a bad lineup. My own top ten would include most of those, if shuffled around in order a little. Daisensogoji being so near the top was a surprise, but not one I disagree with. It was a very cool, very underrated suit- at least until it was trashed during the filming of Ebirah. It looks pretty rough in a few scenes of that movie. :lol:

And again with the learning things from these videos: I never knew that Ghidogoji had a totally new head; it and the Biogoji head look enough alike that I never noticed a difference.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

I love your videos dude, great stuff. You're one of the few quality Godzilla channels on YouTube.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

Woo! UG back again with quality content.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

JAGzilla wrote:Not a bad lineup. My own top ten would include most of those, if shuffled around in order a little. Daisensogoji being so near the top was a surprise, but not one I disagree with. It was a very cool, very underrated suit- at least until it was trashed during the filming of Ebirah. It looks pretty rough in a few scenes of that movie. :lol:

And again with the learning things from these videos: I never knew that Ghidogoji had a totally new head; it and the Biogoji head look enough alike that I never noticed a difference.
Thanks! Yeah you can tell I tried to avoid showing any pictures of the suit from the end of Big Duel in the South Seas, it does indeed look bad.

I'm happy to hear that my videos continue to teach new things to veteran fans. I'm not sure if there'll be a whole lot of new info in my latest video, but I'm definitely gonna try to include more of that in later ones. :)
KillCrites wrote:I love your videos dude, great stuff. You're one of the few quality Godzilla channels on YouTube.
Thank you very much!! That means a lot to me! :mrgreen:
M.U.T.O. wrote:Woo! UG back again with quality content.
8-)

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

New video!

This was a little rushed, mainly because I want to get a head-start on my next big project which will take all of this week to work on, so there's a few bits of information I should've included but left out. Still, I hope you enjoy!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Still pretty decent for being rushed. And, true to form, I learned stuff: I'd never noticed the crescent horns on Showa Ghidorah's heads.

Wario94
Samurai

Post by Wario94 »

I got an idea!: On the future episodes of Kaiju 101, are you going to talk about the Gotengo itself?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

No video this weekend. I've been working on a bigger project that should be done by this coming weekend, though.
JAGzilla wrote:Still pretty decent for being rushed. And, true to form, I learned stuff: I'd never noticed the crescent horns on Showa Ghidorah's heads.
Thanks! Always happy to know someone learned something from my videos. :)
Wario94 wrote:I got an idea!: On the future episodes of Kaiju 101, are you going to talk about the Gotengo itself?
Probably not for an entire episode, but it might be included in a video on a wider subject.

Wario94
Samurai

Post by Wario94 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Wario94 wrote:I got an idea!: On the future episodes of Kaiju 101, are you going to talk about the Gotengo itself?
Probably not for an entire episode, but it might be included in a video on a wider subject.
Oh, I see. And what kind of a wider subject are you talking about?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I'm not dead! I've been hit by a big wave of summer laziness and have slacked off on this video for far too long.

But, I am still proud to introduce the very first episode of TohoScope! This will be a wider retrospective/review series on every Toho science fiction film that they have released...including all the Godzilla films! Today we start off with the one that started it all: the original from 1954!

Apologies for any audio level issues as well as any unfocused content in the video. This first episode is something of an experiment for the series and future episodes will definitely be improved.
Wario94 wrote: Oh, I see. And what kind of a wider subject are you talking about?
Well I'm afraid that would spoil the surprise! ;)

Wario94
Samurai

Post by Wario94 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Wario94 wrote: Oh, I see. And what kind of a wider subject are you talking about?
Well I'm afraid that would spoil the surprise! ;)
I think you got a good point.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Nice work as usual, UG. Glad to have another series on your channel to look forward to.