CinemaGoji - My Godzilla YouTube Channel

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Re: CinemaGoji - My Godzilla YouTube Channel

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Hey dude, just wanted to say I listened to your show at the gym today and enjoyed it a lot! The visuals are very well done, but it’s also a great thing to just listen to if you’re on the go!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

New video! A bit late to cash in on the E3 hype, but hey what the hell?

JAGzilla wrote:Nice work as usual, UG. Glad to have another series on your channel to look forward to.
Thank you! :D
KaijuCanuck wrote:Hey dude, just wanted to say I listened to your show at the gym today and enjoyed it a lot! The visuals are very well done, but it’s also a great thing to just listen to if you’re on the go!
Thank you very much! That's a really cool compliment!

Speaking of audio, I have plans for an irregular podcast in the future for G-FEST, so you can look forward to that possibly uploaded around the same times as my G-FEST vlogs.

Wario94
Samurai

Post by Wario94 »

Question: about the story part for each Toho Scope episodes, wouldn't be spoilers for the ones who haven't watched any of these films yet?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I was considering bringing that up, too. Maybe a spoiler warning at the beginning of the video could be in order? I can picture newcomers watching one of the reviews and going "...oh, I guess there's no reason to watch this movie, now..." Plenty of people won't care, of course, but those that do should be taken into account.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Massive, massive apologies for the radio silence on this channel. I've been totally burned out on Godzilla stuff since G-FEST and SDCC weekend and have had no drive to make anything for this channel lately.

I was too preoccupied with hanging out with folks at G-FEST to capture enough footage for a vlog or two, so I'm probably just going to throw together a narrated slideshow sometime in the future and throw that up on the channel, but it won't take priority over any new videos (including the next episode of Kaiju 101 which has begun scripting).

Basically, it might be yet another week of nothing before I get those creative juices flowing again. This channel isn't my #1 priority as much as I liked/expected it to be and I'd rather have hiatuses every few weeks then work myself to the bone and abandon the channel out of pure spite.

I just wish there was an easier way to relay this to my viewers without making continuous update videos, lol. YouTube has a cool blog post feature but it's only for channels with like 5k+ subs.
Wario94 wrote:Question: about the story part for each Toho Scope episodes, wouldn't be spoilers for the ones who haven't watched any of these films yet?
JAGzilla wrote:I was considering bringing that up, too. Maybe a spoiler warning at the beginning of the video could be in order? I can picture newcomers watching one of the reviews and going "...oh, I guess there's no reason to watch this movie, now..." Plenty of people won't care, of course, but those that do should be taken into account.
Definitely, definitely going to put some in place for future films, especially newer films. I avoided using it for G54 because I don't necessarily think it really needs a spoiler warning because it's kind of a timeless tale that most fans (and a few non-fans) know.

In fact, I'm considering turning it into a brief summary than a full recap like I did for G54. I don't really see the need to fully explain the story of a movie that I want people to watch or not. So yes, spoiler warnings will be implemented in future videos.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Appreciate the update! :)
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Take all the time you need bruv, although I don't post videos on my channel I can relate to having periods of losing the drive or creative juices.

I still look forward to what you have to show!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

IT LIVES...for now at least.

WARNING: KING OF THE MONSTERS TRAILER DISCUSSION INCLUDED. AVOID AT ALL COSTS IF YOU WANT TO GO IN TOTALLY BLIND.

I got the urge to edit a new video today, so here's the latest Kaiju 101. My pattern is usually "TohoScope, Countdown, Kaiju 101, Spotlight" but I'm kind of more interested in doing another TohoScope at the moment, so that's likely the next thing I'll do.

When that will happen? That's a whole 'nother story.

I'm in my last semester at my 2-year college and will be transferring next year to complete my degree. I don't have much time currently to work on stuff but I'll try and plan out something this weekend to maybe get done in two weeks time. Maybe. I'm also moving at that time, so it's likely gonna be a while before I post something new.

Anyway, enjoy the new video!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Good stuff! :D
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Finally, a new video!

While not as in-depth as I hoped (there isn't a whole lot of English-language info on this film), I still hope this video sheds some light on an often forgotten film.

In other news, I started a Patreon! I don't intend to put any videos behind a paywall, this is just a "tip jar" for anyone who wants to help out the channel. Each tier has some rewards including custom video requests. The Patreon is also "per-video" meaning you won't be charged until I release a new video (since my upload schedule is very infrequent).

Also, I've added a poll to Patreon asking viewers to vote on the new direction for the TohoScope series. Please consider voting in it!

More videos on the way!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I haven't seen that movie yet, so I won't be watching the video, but it's good to see some new content regardless! I was hoping you hadn't abandoned this channel.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I watched your video this morning, it's really good. It's nice to see people talk about movies like this.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Finally bringing back the Spotlight series with a look at Tomoyuki Tanaka, a man often overshadowed when it comes to discussion of the Toho legacy.