Great Monster War - A Ghidorah/Astro Mash-up Fan Edit

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
MusicEd921
Young Farmer

Great Monster War - A Ghidorah/Astro Mash-up Fan Edit

Post by MusicEd921 »

I'm slowly working on this, but I'm far enough along in this Showa era project to announce.

Here's the gist.....

Ghidorah the The Headed Monster and Invasion of Astro-Monster are both great movies and a nice showcase for Godzill'a arch-nemesis King Ghidorah. I tend to enjoy the Invasion storyline more than Ghidorah, but the finale fight of Ghidorah is WAY better and also includes Mothra where Invasion didn't because of budgeting issues. Here's the proposed edit idea:

Using the Japanese editions of both Invasion of Astro-Monster and Ghidorah The Three Headed Monster along with footage from Godzilla vs. Mothra, Rodan and Mothra, I am going to mash pieces of them together to make The Great Monster War (one of the original titles for Invasion).

-The movie will start with text explaining that Godzilla exists and that as time goes on, more monsters have appeared
-Ghidorah's egg lands on Earth (GtTHM)
-Strange occurrences are taking place at the mine where Rodan will hatch (Rodan)
-Rodan will wreak some havoc (Rodan)
-Godzilla will appear (not sure where I will take this from)
-Godzilla and Rodan will fight (GtTHM)
-Ghidorah's egg will hatch and Ghidorah will now begin flying around causing havoc (GtTHM)
-Ghidorah will interrupt the battle between Godzilla and Rodan and they will all fight (Invasion)
-All monsters will fall into the ocean and Ghidorah will emerge and fly away (Invasion)
-6 months later.....astronauts are on their way to explore Planet X (Invasion)
-Invasion will play out mostly as normal with some minor edits and trims (Invasion)
-The Xiliens from Planet X take Godzilla and Rodan back to their planet and they fight Ghidorah (Invasion)
-Cut the Godzilla dance!
-Everything continues as normal
-After Fuji and Glenn go back to Planet X, we don't see them sneak off and discover Glenn's gf is an alien (it'll be revealed later when he sees her before she dies)
-Once the Xiliens tell the Earthlings that they now have control of Godzilla and Rodan, they will demonstrate by setting the monsters loose (Invasion along with editing of the subtitles)
-While Godzilla is causing destruction, Mothra will show up to stop him (Godzilla vs. Mothra)
-Godzilla and Mothra will fight and Mothra will loose badly (Godzilla vs. Mothra)
-Newspaper headlines scene (Invasion)
-Once the mind control has been broken, we will see the Mothra larvae speak briefly to Godzilla and Rodan (GtTHM)
-Godzilla, Rodan and Mothra will team up against Ghidorah and the battle will take place (GtTHM)
-Scenes from Invasion will be interspersed in place of the humans from GtTHM

I'm using the Japanese cuts, so I'm fixing up the subtitles and slightly changing anything I need to help further my intended plotline.
Last edited by MusicEd921 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ultrase7en
Samurai

Re: Great Monster War - A Ghidorah/Astro Mash-up Fan Edit

Post by ultrase7en »

Sounds cool! Please keep us up to date on your progress.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

That's actually a pretty cool idea!
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

This sounds extremely cool!!

I think the scene of Godzilla appearing in the Japanese version of Kong vs. Godzilla might work well in reference to your Godzilla Appearing Scene that you weren't sure of. Maybe mix it in with the military plans used in that film.

Either way, this sounds really awesome and I can't wait to see it.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

MusicEd921
Young Farmer

Post by MusicEd921 »

Just a little update!

I mostly finished ironing out the subtitles, so now I'm just piecing things together while trying to fix some continuity errors (Godzilla vs. Rodan during the day while Ghidorah hatches at night and it almost implies Godzilla and Rodan were playing catch all night).

Some of my initial ideas have changed along the way. The scene where the woman from Venus is talking to the people by the volcano where Rodan was defeated is now being repurposed as she is just protesting people being there and pleading for everyone to just leave what remains of Rodan alone.

Godzilla's first appearance is now emerging from the water and atomic firing at a cruise ship and then I spliced that together with a scene later on in the movie with him basically emerging again at a dock area.

Currently I'm trying to trim down the beginning to the initial encounter of the monsters to about 15 minutes without it feeling TOO rushed. None of our main human players get introduced until after this segment.