eabaker's kaiju videos

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

eabaker's kaiju videos

Post by eabaker »

Hey guys,

I stopped making Godzilla fan films about 15 years ago, but last year I did use Godzilla figures in a couple of exercises for my cinematography class, and I figured I might as well throw them up in here.

The first one was really just about testing/comparing camera settings, so there are a lot of lower thirds.

The second was for an assignment where we had to shoot something with our smart phones.

Far from my best or most interesting work, obviously, but I thought you guys might find them fun.

Added in 31 minutes 19 seconds:
Oh, I forgot about another, earlier assignment! It doesn't have as much kaiju content, but it's still something fun to throw up here.

For this assignment, we were tasked to edit together a video from our semester-long video journals, and create 3 different versions of it: 1 silent, one with music, and one with a soundscape of our own creation.

I won't bother to include the silent version - if you're really curious what that one is like, you can just mute your speakers - but I'll post the other two.

DEEPLY SHALLOW w/sounscape

DEEPLY SHALLOW w/music (Heinz Baked Beans by The Who)

Added in 39 minutes 7 seconds:
Oh, and I forgot about this one, which doesn't feature any kaiju onscreen, but does use a bit of audio from Godzilla 1985:

Added in 49 minutes 32 seconds:
Oh, and I just remembered that this one uses music from Godzilla vs. Megalon!

Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.