Godzilla: Omniverse [V.0.13 BETA Update]

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters REDUX

Post by _MHG_ »

^ Ah yes. Indeed, a simple but effective method of creating base frames. Provided the base is available of course. Might be a slight issue for certain characters coming in the near future, but we'll see how that plays out.

Thanks!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

NoName wrote:^ Ah yes. Indeed, a simple but effective method of creating base frames. Provided the base is available of course. Might be a slight issue for certain characters coming in the near future, but we'll see how that plays out.

Thanks!
Been wanting to try something similar for a while. I'm glad your making some absolutely amazing frames from it though. Each one is just an improvement over the last! :D

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

On the topic of making base frames, whenever you're in the mood to do one, and if you don't already, I'd strongly recommend using Aseprite. Best sprite making application out there, period (alongside good ol' classic Ms Paint).

This is mainly because of the flexibilty in setting keyboard shortcut binds for the various tools, with respect to both long and quick selection. And a handful of other features further complemented by keybinds.

For me personally, I wouldn't attempt making any sprites without Aseprite.

Thanks!
Last edited by _MHG_ on Sat May 05, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

NoName wrote:On the topic of making base frames, whenever you're in the mood to do one, and if you don't already, I'd strongly recommend using Aseprite. Best sprite making application out there, period (alongside good ol' classic Ms Paint).

This is mainly because of the flexibilty in setting keyboard shortcut binds for the various tools, with respect to both long and quick selection. And a handful of other features further complemented by keybinds.

For me personally, I wouldn't attempt making any sprites without Aseprite.

Thanks!
MS Paint Master race >

Aseprite though with hotkeys would save SO MUCH time.

So, on the topic hot quick. Alihassan did Des Ghidorah or was that you? I know Ali was playing around with bit crunching a while ago and he got rather good at it. However, these new ones dropped from Ali's 21 colors to a straight up 8/9. So somewhere along the road something got mastered lol.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

Aseprite though with hotkeys would save SO MUCH time.
Pretty much. It helps especially with refining sprite parts that tend to get distorted via nearest neighbor once they're manipulated.
So, on the topic hot quick. Alihassan did Des Ghidorah or was that you? I know Ali was playing around with bit crunching a while ago and he got rather good at it. However, these new ones dropped from Ali's 21 colors to a straight up 8/9. So somewhere along the road something got mastered lol.
Shin, Zilla, Des Ghidorah and Moguera were done by me, while Grand King Ghidorha was done by Alihassan.

I'm making new character sprites that haven't been made before. New character sprites that have existed before were made by their respective authors (Grand King Ghidorah in Alihassan's case, Burning Godzilla in Zillagamer's case etc.).
Last edited by _MHG_ on Sun May 06, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

NoName wrote: Shin, Zilla, Des Ghidorah and Moguera were done by me, while Grand King Ghidorha was done by Alihassan.

I'm making new character sprites that haven't been made before. New character sprites that have existed before were made by their respective authors (Grand King Ghidorah in Alihassan's case, Burning Godzilla in Zillagamer's case etc.).
Burning G credits should be frame by Linkzilla, sheet by Zillagamer (rest his soul). Guy disappeared one day after being called a "not so good spriter". Dude had talent, and was the only one who can pump out decent sheets within a day :( Miss the guy.

All these new sprites are making me want to step up my game again :P Looking forward to all the rapid progress!

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

SpaceG92 wrote: Burning G credits should be frame by Linkzilla, sheet by Zillagamer (rest his soul). Guy disappeared one day after being called a "not so good spriter". Dude had talent, and was the only one who can pump out decent sheets within a day :( Miss the guy.

All these new sprites are making me want to step up my game again :P Looking forward to all the rapid progress!
I've updated the credits with Linkzilla credited with the base frame. I'll make a note of this for the credits in-game as well.

About Zillagamer, I had no idea this was the case. I'm not certain if some posthumous application of credit to his name needs to be applied, but if it does, I hope I can be informed about it.

Glad to hear I can spark some spriting motivation :D . Progress is continuing steadily.
Last edited by _MHG_ on Mon May 07, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr.Cgad
Samurai

Post by Dr.Cgad »

could you make a mac version?
Try not to get sucked into the vortex of hell Billy!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

With the way the anime is turning out it's seeming like Godzilla Earth and any monsters in the anime that can even give him a run for his money would make for prefect final game bosses.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

Dr.Cgad wrote:could you make a mac version?
Never actually thought about this, but should be a straightforward affair. Might have issues with testing tho. In any case, I'll try and see if a Mac version can be made for the upcoming update.
Living Corpse wrote:With the way the anime is turning out it's seeming like Godzilla Earth and any monsters in the anime that can even give him a run for his money would make for prefect final game bosses.
An interesting thought. Thought they were doing 3 parts only tho? Still, if they're gonna do more sequels, I'd love to see what ultimate bad asses Toho comes up with, and which could be used as the "super boss" class of characters.

Dr.Cgad
Samurai

Post by Dr.Cgad »

Also if you add kiryu can you make a way for the battle pack to come off.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

^
The backpack will be removable, but as a one time action only (unlike in SMG's and Garuda's case).

For Kiryu, whenever he's added to the development pipeline, the plan is to have him drawn first without the backpack, then have the backpack drawn on top. This way, when players run out of rocket ammo, they'll have the option to launch the pack as either an explosive or gripping projectile. After this, the non-backpack Kiryu will no longer use any missiles and will forego any benefits accessible only via the pack (high jumps, extra dash speed etc.).
Last edited by _MHG_ on Wed May 09, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dr.Cgad
Samurai

Post by Dr.Cgad »

thank you. Also todays my birthday.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Anywhere I can see screenshots or gameplay? Link in the OP isnt working.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Breakdown wrote:Anywhere I can see screenshots or gameplay? Link in the OP isnt working.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Can we expect to see LP Godzilla and the Anime Godzilla somewhere down the line?
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

^
For Anime Godzilla, yes.

For LP Godzilla, assuming you mean 2019, then yes. If you mean 2014, then no unless the design varies considerably. My belief is that LP Godzilla's design for 2019 will stay mostly unchanged from its 2014 incarnation, and that the 2020 design will in turn stay mostly unchanged (or not change at all) from the 2019 design.

I really doubt we'll see a radically different look in the upcoming films, but it if it happens, I'll consider the old designs. But for now, the 2019 variant is the proper LPG I have in mind.
Last edited by _MHG_ on Tue May 15, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

NoName wrote:^
For Anime Godzilla, yes.

For LP Godzilla, assuming you mean 2019, then yes. If you mean 2014, then no unless the design varies considerably. My belief is that LP Godzilla's design for 2019 will stay mostly unchanged from its 2014 incarnation, and that the 2020 design will in turn stay mostly unchanged (or not change at all) from the 2019 design.

I really doubt we'll see a radically different look in the upcoming films, but it if it happens, I'll consider the old designs. But for now, the 2019 variant is the proper LPG I have in mind.
Not to mention it's best to wait and see what new powers Legendary Goji might show off in LPG2.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

May - June 2018 progress report:

. DesGhidorah completed.
. Moguera in progress.
. Additional stage work done.
. After Moguera, Destroyah in queue. The below image shows Tekoutenn's original on the left, with my edit on the right (and with the obligatory scale comparison):

As with Godzilla Earth, I wanted to do MechaGodzilla Bilusaludo (whom I will hereafter refer to as "MGB") for this update. I thought he was going to remain 50 meters and they'd pull some interesting work around, but I understand this won't be the case and MGB will indeed be scaled up. Into the super boss category he goes.

This concludes the new individual monsters for the upcoming update. Next cycle of new monsters will start with v.0.12 (the update after this one). This does not preclude sub-characters though. A few BL monsters will be included as well.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Destroyer is looking great.