Godzilla: Omniverse [V.0.13 BETA Update]

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters REDUX

Post by GigaBowserG »

Awesome work on that Destoroyah... and the scaling!
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I never thought I’d live to see a fan-made Destoroyah sprite that good. Kudos for both you and whoever made that original sprite you worked off from.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

Thank you all!

I'm glad Tekoutenn made that Destroyah base to work off from. The animations are there too, and it will be interesting to see how fusing them with the edit will turn out. The upscaling was definitely needed though since the original was barely taller than someone like Gigan.
Last edited by _MHG_ on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

That's awesome!
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I am surprised nobody bothered to post this thing yet. Yet again nice work, this time on Burning Godzilla. ;)

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

^ Damn. Forgot about that one. Thanks for bringing it up!

I'll quickly just update the OP to include it, as well as the one UltimateDitto brought up earlier, and include a videos section for future development-side Test videos.
Last edited by _MHG_ on Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

May I ask a few questions? Do you plan on adding the rest of the Battle Legends cast into the game? Also would you take suggestions?

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

LegendZilla wrote:I never thought I’d live to see a fan-made Destoroyah sprite that good. Kudos for both you and whoever made that original sprite you worked off from.
Need to get out and look slightly harder then the TK forums man ;)

As for this,
Reminds me of the Tsukuda Hobby Destoroyah. Probably the face.

Great job on modding Tokuiten's Destoroyah. He looks beefy AF and ready to beat done someone who walks into his neck of the woods.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

LegendZilla wrote:May I ask a few questions? Do you plan on adding the rest of the Battle Legends cast into the game? Also would you take suggestions?
Yes Battle Legends will be picked clean minus repeat characters and (for now) some of the G iterations.

As for suggestions, of course! Mind you, I can't guarantee taking all suggestions, but will certainly consider them.
SpaceG92 wrote: As for this,
Reminds me of the Tsukuda Hobby Destoroyah. Probably the face.

Great job on modding Tokuiten's Destoroyah. He looks beefy AF and ready to beat done someone who walks into his neck of the woods.
[/quote]

Thanks! Indeed, Destoroyah's imposing stature combined with his arsenal of weapons means he's probably going to be the toughest boss character for some time.
Last edited by _MHG_ on Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^ Here's one recommendation : I've stumbled across a Youtube user by the name of Connie Chapman who created a bundle of remixed soundtracks of the original Kaiju Daikessen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa3tqy9 ... kGOny2-AjE

Maybe you could try to request the permission from her to use her remixes. Also, hopefully you could somehow get your hands on actual sound effects from the films to make the experience of playing the game seem more authentic. Alex Merdich was able to get his hands on movie-accurate sound effects somehow and by that logic, you could too. ;)

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

^
Not too sure on the music. :|

With regards to film sound effects, which ones are you referring to in particular? Most are already being used in specific instances, namely for projectiles and certain character specific actions (MG missile load, Bio acid charging, Shin atomic breath etc.). If there are any notable ones that have been missed, lemme know and I'll be sure to address them.

However, for general sound effects such as collisions, these are from other sources, but they fit well imo. Not sure if you're referring to film based collision sounds which indeed are not being used at the moment.
Last edited by _MHG_ on Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

NoName wrote:However, for general sound effects such as collisions, these are from other sources, but they fit well imo. Not sure if you're referring to film based collision sounds which indeed are not being used at the moment.
That is exactly what I'm referring too.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

Ah, I see. Didn't think about those sounds at the time.

I've made a note of this and will experiment with it to see how it sounds.

Tyrannicus
Yojimbo

Post by Tyrannicus »

How did I not see this until now?! Brilliant work. As a fan of Kaijuu Daikessen and Battle Legends, this is going to be amazing. In my dream world it would include every Godzilla monster and every iteration, but I'm just very happy to see new monsters added.

The amount of detail going into the sprite work and scaling of the monsters is incredible.

As for requests, I hope it will someday include GMK "ghost" Godzilla; he's one of my favorite versions. I'd love to see Toho's King Kong in there too. And I think it would be hilarious if you modified a Shaq Fu sprite to be Charles Barkley as a well hidden joke fighter, in reference to the Charles Barkley vs Godzilla Nike commercial. :tearsofjoy:

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

^ Hey thanks man!

Yes, GMK "Ghost" Godzilla is in the favorites list. He will be added to the priority list very soon. TohoKong is in the standard Toho roster list. Guest entries, though not off the table, are the lowest in the order so they won't be coming anytime soon unfortunately. :(

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Don't think I linked this before. Burninggodzillalord did a sprite sheet for Monster X, mostly complete sans a walk animation (base didn't have one) but a bit of easy base tweaking and a more complete frame list could be done.

Dunno if he's on the list or not. :xilien:

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

Monster X/Keizer are in the favorites list. Its probably redundant to do so, but I'll explain how it works anyway :P . The list works as a rough guide on ranking who to include as progress continues. The four categories, in descending order of importance, are as follows:

. Priority
. Favorites
. Toho standard
. Guests

Any monster that's in priority is virtually guaranteed to be worked on. Priority monsters are picked from the favorites list. The priority list for the current update has been exhausted, and the only one in the next list is G19. Other than that, it is far too early to decide who to move up from favorites into priority (there's quite a bit).

Thank you for pointing out the sprite sheet you linked above. Unfortunately, however, I don't think I can make use of it. :(

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

Trendmasters SpaceGodzilla should be an alternate skin for SpaceG.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

^
Will surely consider it as an alternate palette for SpaceG when he is added. Might do alternate palettes based off Trendmasters (or related media) for other characters too later on.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

July - August 2018 Progress Report:

. Additional stages complete.
. Moguera completed. Destroyah in progress.
. Completed Star Falcon and Land Moguera. Moguera will be able to detach at any time during the middle of a match. Like the film, he'll only be able to do so while hovering.