BIOLLANTE Opening English Credits Reconstrution

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

BIOLLANTE Opening English Credits Reconstrution

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I'm planning on making a fanmade reconstruction of GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE's opening credits with ENGLISH text, because Echo Bridge released BIOLLANTE on DVD/BD using the Japanese print. So I wanted to make an HD version of the opening credits from the Miramax/HBO VHS. I'll be using the Kraken DVD of THE RETURN OF GODZILLA for the clips with english text of the cast, but I need a textless shot of Godzilla and the flames behind him without the Japanese Titles whooshing in. I hope one day find a version of Biollante without any Japanese text or the "burn-in" Japanese subtitles when there is English dialogue and make an HD reconstruction of the whole movie with just English text for both opening AND English credits. :D
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

MegaGodzilla2009
Ronin

Re: BIOLLANTE Opening English Credits Reconstrution

Post by MegaGodzilla2009 »

I never seen Godzilla vs. Biollante movie. The answer to your question that will be very cool that you are reconstruct the fanmade movie
Mr. Roger "MegaGodzilla" Pannell

Great Hierophant
Interpol Agent

Post by Great Hierophant »

Here would be my suggestion, use a combination of the HBO Video LaserDisc of Godzilla vs. Biollante (it is in widescreen), the Echo Bridge Blu-ray of Biollante and the Kraken Blu-ray of The Return of Godzilla to get the best looking results. Then go whole hog and redo the end credits for a full International Version reconstruction :0

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

Great Hierophant wrote:Here would be my suggestion, use a combination of the HBO Video LaserDisc of Godzilla vs. Biollante (it is in widescreen), the Echo Bridge Blu-ray of Biollante and the Kraken Blu-ray of The Return of Godzilla to get the best looking results. Then go whole hog and redo the end credits for a full International Version reconstruction :0
Problem is, I don't have a laserdisc rip of BIOLLANTE or neither Blu-rays. Only DVDs.

Added in 23 minutes 11 seconds:
Okay, I have limited resources, but still I'm going to attempt to recreate the opening credits for BIOLLANTE:
-GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE (2012 Echo Bridge DVD)
-THE RETURN OF GODZILLA (2014 Kraken Releasing DVD)
-I have the font for the English text (Helvetica-Black).

All I need is a high quality English Toho logo and the blue screen with the white Japanese text saying "A TOHO EIGA PRODUCTION"
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."

Great Hierophant
Interpol Agent

Post by Great Hierophant »

GodzillaBurgh wrote:
All I need is a high quality English Toho logo and the blue screen with the white Japanese text saying "A TOHO EIGA PRODUCTION"
You need a 1980s logo, it has a brighter blue background than the 1990s logo and yellow-orangish lettering as well as the correct blue screen with English and Japanese text. I checked my discs and could not find anything suitable. Perhaps someone with other English releases of Toho films from the 1980s could steer you in the right direction.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I can only find that specific logo in images only, sadly.