Destroy All Monsters AIP HD Reconstruction v2.0 AVAILABLE NOW

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Destroy All Monsters AIP HD Reconstruction v2.0 AVAILABLE NOW

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

The 2011 Blu-ray did include the Titan/AIP dub, but it was edited so that it would sync to the Japanese cut of the film. The sound quality was also quite poor -- if memory serves, it was sourced from a print owned by Ryfle or Godziszewski or someone. I don't know if it was the source or a bad transfer that caused the problems with sound quality, but in any case, what ended up on the disc sounded pretty mediocre. The sources I used do come from previous generations of physical media, but that shouldn't be confused with the actual quality of the sound and video on them.

As for Godzilla vs. Biollante, Servanov is working on a recreation of the International version's visuals. I'm not sure exactly what the finished product will look like, but he's employing some pretty remarkable color correction techniques from what he's shown me -- stuff that was developed by Star Wars fans while working on the Despecialized Editions and other original trilogy preservation projects. I'm excited to see how it turns out.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

sa5150
Ronin

Post by sa5150 »

I'm not finding individual threads for the Godzilla movies , Was wondering a couple things , Godzilla vs the smog monster (Godzilla Vs. Hedorah ) Is the English audio on the Kraken blu the AIP or a International dub ? If international any plans to restore it with the "save the earth" song ? Thanks

just read the license expired from kraken , is criterion getting these ?
Last edited by sa5150 on Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shokara
Yojimbo

Post by Shokara »

sa5150 wrote:I'm not finding individual threads for the Godzilla movies , Was wondering a couple things , Godzilla vs the smog monster (Godzilla Vs. Hedorah ) Is the English audio on the Kraken blu the AIP or a International dub ? If international any plans to restore it with the "save the earth" song ? Thanks

While Janus Films and the Criterion Collection haven't openly announced they've acquired the rights for Ebirah, Horror of the Deep/Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster, Godzilla vs. Hedorah, and Godzilla vs. Gigan, Janus Films has very recently started booking theatrical screenings for the three movies, so all signs seem to point to Janus and Criterion having nabbed them up quickly.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

sa5150 wrote:I'm not finding individual threads for the Godzilla movies , Was wondering a couple things , Godzilla vs the smog monster (Godzilla Vs. Hedorah ) Is the English audio on the Kraken blu the AIP or a International dub ? If international any plans to restore it with the "save the earth" song ? Thanks

Check the sticky in each era's subforum for a list of important topics.

The Kraken Blu-Ray has the international dub.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

I wanna thank everyone who worked on this reconstruction, I got sent a DvD copy and I'm blown away by how precise you guys managed to get everything, this is truly perfect work.

You fine folk bring a tear to an old man's eye :lol:
Last edited by Orichalcum on Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

MAX Studio
Ronin

Post by MAX Studio »

Yes, this was truly a class act recon. I love watching it!

The_Human_Vapor
Yojimbo

Post by The_Human_Vapor »

How hard would it be to create a version that includes the Ryfle audio commentary track from the Media Blasters release?
Have a spare NECA Rodan 2019 in box, DM me if interested.

Poisoned_Dragon
Young Farmer

Post by Poisoned_Dragon »

Two questions:

Is this reconstruction still available? and

Does it have an English srt file, subtitles?