Destroy All Monsters AIP HD Reconstruction v2.0 AVAILABLE NOW

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Destroy All Monsters AIP HD Reconstruction MKV AVAILABLE NOW

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

It should be fairly easy to do; TSMuxer can probably convert it to a Blu-ray folder/ISO and then you'd just need to burn it to the disc. (I don't know exactly what kind of software you'd need to burn it, but there's probably good free software out there, and I think you can get an external Blu-ray burner drive for not too much money.)

As for who here could do it for you, I'm really not sure.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

sa5150
Ronin

Post by sa5150 »

Hi , Your projects seems to be awesome and thank you so much for everyone hard work .

I have not been able to download anything .

I was trying to download the mkv for DAM and mega will not work in browsers form or megasynch , they want you to pay for over 5gb . I cancelled my account . Is there any other way . How are others downloading the movies ?
Thanks
Steve

Added in 22 hours 7 minutes 51 seconds:
I figured out how to download it finally , Thanks . How come it looks like 1.33 aspect ratio on my pc screen ? It has that little picture like on the el rey channel with the tops and sides cut off , Strange .

Great Hierophant
Interpol Agent

Post by Great Hierophant »

Where did the AIP soundtrack come from that you used in your reconstruction? I have the original OOP Media Blasters Blu-ray and this soundtrack sounds better than that one. There are missing spoken numbers on the Blu-ray when the SY-3 first takes off.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

There's some kind of bootleg TV recording or something of the US version that includes the US version visuals and a much better quality soundtrack.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Great Hierophant
Interpol Agent

omgitsgodzilla wrote:There's some kind of bootleg TV recording or something of the US version that includes the US version visuals and a much better quality soundtrack.
The resourcefulness of fandom never ceases to amaze me ;)

Goro
Ronin

Post by Goro »

Hi. I'm getting lost in all the threads. :-( I can't find a link to the DAM AIP download. Do I need to PM you for it, or am I missing it somewhere?

Thanks,

Goro
(Maki Goro - reporter, AND photographer)

Great Hierophant
Interpol Agent

Red Menace DAM v2.0 planned, here are the anticipated changes :
omgitsgodzilla wrote:There are a couple things; they’re relatively minor but they’ll bring that project up to the standard of the ones I’ve done since
First, there’s one bit involving a wipe transition that it turns out I got completely wrong, so I’ll be fixing that.
Second, there are several spots in the reference/audio source I used where there are a few frames missing; what I did in the original version was cut those frames out of the HD video instead of adjusting the reference to the HD video and just leaving a brief gap in the audio.
Finally, there’s the last shot of Monsterland that I removed the Japanese “End” title card from using masking; I’m gonna try and do that one a little cleaner this time.
I was looking through the extras of my 2011 DAM Blu-ray today. The main feature is the Japanese version with Japanese titles. There is a very ratty transfer of the AIP DAM opening and closing titles and the same missing dub lines are on that transfer. There is also a good transfer of the International Version's opening and closing titles (could use some cleanup). I would think it would be easy to an HD International Version with the materials on the disc. SpaceHunterM did it with the 2011 DAM DVD release a few years ago. He noted that the audio was pitch shifted 4% too low on that DVD, but my Blu and my old ADV DVD don't have that issue.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

I do remember something about the International audio being pitched down; I'll have to look into that. I guess an easy way to check would be to switch audio tracks during some prominent music cue like the main title or the credits and see if the key suddenly changes.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Destroy All Monsters AIP HD Reconstruction v2.0 coming soon

Post by Terasawa »

The original AIP logo has white text.

寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Great Hierophant
Interpol Agent

Terasawa wrote:The original AIP logo has white text.

I bet that came from a PAL source, but I don't recall that the AIP version was ever officially released on VHS in the PAL territories.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

That's interesting; I'd assumed it was just a result of the washed-out transfer of my source for the AIP version as I had a higher-quality reference that had it in that beige color (but otherwise identical), but I checked again and it looks like you're right. I'll correct that in v2.0.

What source is that taken from, by the way? I think I've seen images from it before.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

omgitsgodzilla wrote:That's interesting; I'd assumed it was just a result of the washed-out transfer of my source for the AIP version as I had a higher-quality reference that had it in that beige color (but otherwise identical), but I checked again and it looks like you're right. I'll correct that in v2.0.

What source is that taken from, by the way? I think I've seen images from it before.
I think this was taken from an easter egg of the Super 8 print of the AIP version found on the rare Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock BD/DVD with extras.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

It's from the long OOP Siren (Australia) DVD. Some info here.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

Oh cool.

Added in 10 hours 26 minutes 48 seconds:
Found the AIP Logo in the correct color. It IS white.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Terasawa wrote:It's from the long OOP Siren (Australia) DVD. Some info here.
Interesting. I checked the usual spot to see if anyone had uploaded it, but it looks like no one has. Do you happen to have the actual DVD, or just the captures?
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Great Hierophant
Interpol Agent

I wouldn't take that DVD as an audio reference without pitch correction first.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Oh I know; I used a PAL DVD for most of the audio on my Ghidrah recon, and a PAL VHS for Astro-Monsters.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Great Hierophant
Interpol Agent

omgitsgodzilla wrote:Oh I know; I used a PAL DVD for most of the audio on my Ghidrah recon, and a PAL VHS for Astro-Monsters.
It may be that the relative dearth of international versions of the early-to-mid 1960s Toho SPX films may be due to US distributors picking up rights to the other English-speaking territories, Canada, U.K., Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland. The U.S. prints and their derivatives then get distributed over a wider portion of the globe, and twenty to forty years later people start scanning them for VHS and DVD.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Destroy All Monsters AIP HD Reconstruction v2.0 AVAILABLE NOW

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Hey all; I just realized I edited the OP but forgot to bump the thread - the revised, improved DAM reconstruction is now available to download! Check the usual spots if you know where to look, or shoot me a private message!
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

sa5150
Ronin

Re: Destroy All Monsters AIP HD Reconstruction v2.0 AVAILABLE NOW

Post by sa5150 »

I was just wondering and It may have been asked all ready . Didn't the 2011 DAM blu-ray have the AIP English dub ? I thought it did and then couldn't you just use that for the sound then all the issues you mentioned with having to use a dvd and other worse sources ?

Is there a chance of a restoration of Godzilla Vs. Biollante ? There are no discs in print anymore .

Thanks for all your hard work . We really appreciate it :D