3d stuff from spottedming

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
kiryuzilla
Terminated
Terminated

Re: 3d stuff from spottedming

Post by kiryuzilla »

Damn that is one fine showa Ghidorah!
Known as KingKong19100
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMxokP ... G3cPzAWKlQ
Website: http://kingkong19100.wordpress.com/2014 ... -complete/
Checkout my YouTube channel, I make 3D animations of King Kong and Godzilla that everyone would enjoy! Okay...I'm gonna go now *pushes a pull-only door* HahaGod do I wish someone loved mehaha

spottedming
Samurai

Post by spottedming »

update time, ive essentially finished up the wings for the most part, i noticed looking through reference images that there is slight differences to the wings in each film however i ended up basing them on the M-arts model kit instead which is a better reference than the xplus figure and i beleive is more based on the first appearance of ghidorah than destroy all monsters . Ive also begab to add the scales to the design aswell, oh the beauty of alpha maps and poly groups, will update more soon!
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/draw/a2c ... a7b9ab2685

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/draw/387 ... 26e133fc8a

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

spottedming wrote:update time, ive essentially finished up the wings for the most part, i noticed looking through reference images that there is slight differences to the wings in each film however i ended up basing them on the M-arts model kit instead which is a better reference than the xplus figure and i beleive is more based on the first appearance of ghidorah than destroy all monsters . Ive also begab to add the scales to the design aswell, oh the beauty of alpha maps and poly groups, will update more soon!
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/draw/a2c ... a7b9ab2685

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/draw/387 ... 26e133fc8a

That's REALLY good
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

spottedming
Samurai

Post by spottedming »

well guys im back with some good news and some bad news, so, lets get the bad stuff out the way first.

Concerning Ghidorahs model I haven't had the time to finish it due to other commissions and looking back at the model thus far I haven't been too happy how it was turning out, so I've decided to make it another time whenever I have more time.

The good news is I do have a new model for you guys that I worked on for a bit aswell, its Godzilla from Destroy all Monsters (though my first experience with the suit was from godzilla vs the smog monster which is one of my favourites). http://img00.deviantart.net/9d05/i/2016 ... aqsf4b.png

you maybe wondering why it's not textured either, well after obtaining a 3d printer, well, you can probably guess where thats going to go, anyway hopefully soon ill post more frequent updates regularly concerning Godzilla or other kaiju related fan art, thanks!

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

Man, that's just great! Beautiful job.
DOPEPOPE: zBrush Commissions Open! Contact Me for Details.

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

spottedming wrote:well guys im back with some good news and some bad news, so, lets get the bad stuff out the way first.

Concerning Ghidorahs model I haven't had the time to finish it due to other commissions and looking back at the model thus far I haven't been too happy how it was turning out, so I've decided to make it another time whenever I have more time.

The good news is I do have a new model for you guys that I worked on for a bit aswell, its Godzilla from Destroy all Monsters (though my first experience with the suit was from godzilla vs the smog monster which is one of my favourites). http://img00.deviantart.net/9d05/i/2016 ... aqsf4b.png

you maybe wondering why it's not textured either, well after obtaining a 3d printer, well, you can probably guess where thats going to go, anyway hopefully soon ill post more frequent updates regularly concerning Godzilla or other kaiju related fan art, thanks!
Not bad at all! Very well done!
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

Honestly, that 3D sculpture you did of 71 would make for possibly the best figure NECA could make.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

spottedming
Samurai

Post by spottedming »

cmdmstudios wrote:Honestly, that 3D sculpture you did of 71 would make for possibly the best figure NECA could make.
the thought did come to mind of possibley printing it as an articulated figure, however figuring out the mechanics of action figures might be a challenge

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

spottedming wrote:
cmdmstudios wrote:Honestly, that 3D sculpture you did of 71 would make for possibly the best figure NECA could make.
the thought did come to mind of possibley printing it as an articulated figure, however figuring out the mechanics of action figures might be a challenge
I know there's another user on here who actually made a 3D printed articulated MegaroGoji figure. I believe their username was Gharn. He might be willing to show you some ways to engineer it for those purposes.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

spottedming
Samurai

Post by spottedming »

and here it is textured Image
Last edited by spottedming on Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

I have the old Bandai Gamera right next to me, and this looks just like it. Nice work!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

spottedming wrote:http://img05.deviantart.net/1a2d/i/2016 ... arn4xa.png andhere it is textured
Epic! Very well done :)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

spottedming
Samurai

Post by spottedming »

ok, heres something that isn't 3d but I might consider making it into a model. This is a concept art that I made that i've dubbed "gnarly godzilla", basically its a godzilla that has been around for a long time (60 years if you like) which has a design thats a mixture of the original, shin and mosu goji. Because this godzilla has been around for a long time its probably it shows things like battle scars (things like a blind eye, missing fingers, broken dorsal thins etc) and is probably on its last legs really. I also gave him crocodillan like teeth similar to legendary and shin but with more pronounced fangs similar to the showan suits, any this was just me messing around, what do you think, would you want to see this in 3d? let me know what you think?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0D40qGXAAAU-AO.jpg:large
yeah ive decided ill make it, already geting 54 vibes from this Image

Added in 3 minutes 18 seconds:
Image for some reason my model of gamera didnt upload so here it is aswell

(ps on a non related note invader design is my user name on other platforms where I make other models too so ill include a link to my twitter k thnx https://twitter.com/invader_design)

Added in 19 hours 24 minutes 23 seconds:
oh and to make things more interesting this godzilla design will have a brown skin tone like the colour of the original suit, just thought it would be different rather than the typical charcoal colour :P Image

Added in 2 hours 19 minutes 9 seconds:
ok folks, you know how i said i was 3d printing godzilla, well after 30 hours of print time here it is Image

and here it is compared to my other biggest print

and here it is next to a real lizard of course

overall im quite happy hoe the print in general turned out when assembled together (although there is obvious seams but thats an easy fix with miliput) and i may paint it aswell when i get the time, whatcha think folks?

Added in 13 minutes 46 seconds:
update time again on that print i did and what not folks-

so, I ve decided that I am going to paint it however a few adjustments needed to be made, for starters the seams. Naturally as excpected gluing parts together does not equate to no seams so i ended up covering it up with milliput, an epoxy thats used for model kits, so i guess it a way this is a model kit at this point? oh who cares

anyhow so after I let the milliput air dry there was still one big problem, you can see where the epoxy was put over the black plastic. So, this is a bit of a pickle isn't it? fortunately paint primer exists so as you can imagine this happened

I know im shocked aswell too, no seams! its magic I tell ya! But basically this means i can now paint on the surface now I guess. Seeming this is my first time actually painting a physical model this should be interesting how the result turns out (though lets be honest with acrylics you can just paint over it), will keep this updated

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Looks awesome man! Will you be selling these?
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

The addition of the primer actually makes the sculpt look even better (might be due to the matte finish, rather than the glossy finish of the original statue). It'll be interesting to see what the final paint job looks like.

spottedming
Samurai

Post by spottedming »

Zilla103192 wrote:Looks awesome man! Will you be selling these?
lol that would be illegal silly

Added in 5 minutes 45 seconds:
also on a non kaiju related not im also planning on making this a print, so ill be having both toho and lucasfilms cease and desist letters very soon! Image

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

Lol. Great work on all of these! Jabba's looking great so far!

spottedming
Samurai

Post by spottedming »

my my im very good at neglecting this thread, but anyways, sorry been away for a bit folks, been working on game related 3d models as of late (if you wanna see what i've been up to the last few months you can check my twitter here https://twitter.com/invader_design but anyways back on topic.

I haven't done any kaiju related sculpts in a while so I've decided not to beat around the bush and make another godzilla, well, not just any godzilla, im remaking the 1962 version that I made ages ago, which lets face it is a bit crap. so, learning from the 72 version I did, i've began the process of blocking out the new version of king goji, heres how the fellas doin' so far:

aint he a star.

this is after all basic blocking out so things like detail and dorsal fins will come later, and who knows, maybe when I finish him i might make the other certain monster from the film he's from, long live the giant octopus

anyway ill update more soon when i can, whatcha think

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

so great. You model so well.

spottedming
Samurai

Post by spottedming »

thanks!

Ive also started laying down the scales and making minor adjustments to the face, hopefully this will be done in the next few days Image

edit- had to fix the pelvis a bit, good thing poly groups exist in zbrush, see the best way i find to make godzilla or any model for that matter is in parts, want a bit to fix? just a select another part and presto

Added in 9 hours 3 minutes 12 seconds:
update time- Had to revise the scales a bit, fell into the same trap as I did with my original model by making them too blobby and less refined, also made the neck cover the shoulders area a bit more like the suit and making it more slouched.

And of course ive started blocking out the spines and adding detail to the tail, more to come folks....

Added in 17 hours 17 minutes 11 seconds:
update- started work on the spines details and shapes, trying to make them as gnarly as possible

i will say though when it comes to modelling godzillas i find the spines to be the most tiem consuming, even godzilla himself here thinks so

joking aside the face is pretty much done and its really the spines that need worked on, will keep you updated