Lazer's Kaiju Sketchings - NOW WITH CONTENT!

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Lazer's Kaiju Sketchings - NOW WITH CONTENT!

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Not bad. A whole hell of a lot better than anything I can do.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GojirO
G-Force Personnel

Post by GojirO »

I have a special request. Do King Ghidorah with with your rodan's wings (or at least looking like them) and a heisei looking head.
Rest in Peace Victoria

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

Gojora wrote:This is nice.
Also I'm quite curious about a godzilla 1954 and godzilla 1984 hybrid.
While I could do that, I find that the suits are a little too similar in many aspects to really make it look like a hybrid design. I could be open to doing a sketch of either of the suits themselves.
GojirO wrote:I have a special request. Do King Ghidorah with with your rodan's wings (or at least looking like them) and a heisei looking head.
Well, right now, I'm waiting on a bit more input from people before I do any more requests, I'm afraid. I did that one for CaptainStarbird because he was the first to comment upon my thread, and so when I began the sketch for him, there were no other people to try and please.
I do hope you understand.
Lazer's Art Thread:viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21430&view=viewpoll
My DeviantArt: http://lazerwhale.deviantart.com/
Just because someone likes something you don't, don't treat them poorly for it.
But,
Just because someone doesn't like something you do, don't treat them poorly for it, either.

Lest We Forget

GojirO
G-Force Personnel

Post by GojirO »

no i got you man
Rest in Peace Victoria

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

Well, at least there are some poll options with two votes, now. I think I'll get to work, then.
But,
Just because someone doesn't like something you do, don't treat them poorly for it, either.

Lest We Forget

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

How about a Legendary version of Mechagodzilla?

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

As I'm close to completing my next upload, I must ask.

How would you all feel about bios for my unique takes on the monsters (i.e. my Legendary Rodan and Mothra)?
But,

Lest We Forget

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

I do apologize for the delay. I had to save this drawing from destruction, then fix it up to look right after my initial attempt fell short of what I wanted.
So, by popular (one more vote) demand, LEGENDARY ANGUIRUS:
(And now, as a test)
BIO: Anguirus is an oddity, at least compared to his fellow ultrafauna, in that he behaves more like an indebted warrior than a territorial creature. The armoured quadruped has shown a strange kinship towards Godzilla, made stranger by the fact that, judging from large scars on Anguirus' face and throat, the "Monster King" nearly killed him at one point. Anguirus follows Godzilla during the larger creature's hunts, usually by land, as he is less than well-suited for aquatic travel.
Anquirus possesses a rigid carapace across his back, with thick spines running down his length. Though relatively small in stature, Anguirus has shown to be a determined fighter, lashing out with his fanged beak and spiked tail, or simply charging the enemy before leaping into the air and rolling over them, giving them the full brunt of his spikes. His greatest asset is his durability, however. Anguirus can withstand even the blazing heat of Godzilla's plasma beam, and survived having his throat crushed by the King's jaws. His underbelly is comparatively soft, and unarmoured, but Anguirus is a fighter, and should he go down, he'll probably do it gnawing on the bones of his foe.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anguirus was a challenge compared to the other reimaginings. While Rodan and Mothra have quite a few structural similarities to real creatures, Anguirus is such a mish-mash of different animals that I went through several attempts to properly make him look like he could exist in nature. I combined ankylosaurs, crocodiles, ceratopsians, stegosaurs and rhinoceroses in order to get the final creature. I think it works.

Let me know what you think of the bio, and Anguirus himself. If you like the bios, I'll update Rodan and Mothra with them, as well.
For now, here's some hints as to my next ventures: Scythe, Arthropod, Tesla. Go ahead and guess.
But,

Lest We Forget

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

Bumping my own thread because it seems everyone missed my upload when I first posted it (I really hope that's the case and you all haven't just lost interest). I do apologize, if that is so.
But,

Lest We Forget

mechamothra
Ronin

Post by mechamothra »

LazerWhale wrote:I do apologize for the delay. I had to save this drawing from destruction, then fix it up to look right after my initial attempt fell short of what I wanted.
So, by popular (one more vote) demand, LEGENDARY ANGUIRUS:
http://i.imgur.com/t1aLu2f.jpg?1
(And now, as a test)
BIO: Anguirus is an oddity, at least compared to his fellow ultrafauna, in that he behaves more like an indebted warrior than a territorial creature. The armoured quadruped has shown a strange kinship towards Godzilla, made stranger by the fact that, judging from large scars on Anguirus' face and throat, the "Monster King" nearly killed him at one point. Anguirus follows Godzilla during the larger creature's hunts, usually by land, as he is less than well-suited for aquatic travel.
Anquirus possesses a rigid carapace across his back, with thick spines running down his length. Though relatively small in stature, Anguirus has shown to be a determined fighter, lashing out with his fanged beak and spiked tail, or simply charging the enemy before leaping into the air and rolling over them, giving them the full brunt of his spikes. His greatest asset is his durability, however. Anguirus can withstand even the blazing heat of Godzilla's plasma beam, and survived having his throat crushed by the King's jaws. His underbelly is comparatively soft, and unarmoured, but Anguirus is a fighter, and should he go down, he'll probably do it gnawing on the bones of his foe.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anguirus was a challenge compared to the other reimaginings. While Rodan and Mothra have quite a few structural similarities to real creatures, Anguirus is such a mish-mash of different animals that I went through several attempts to properly make him look like he could exist in nature. I combined ankylosaurs, crocodiles, ceratopsians, stegosaurs and rhinoceroses in order to get the final creature. I think it works.

Let me know what you think of the bio, and Anguirus himself. If you like the bios, I'll update Rodan and Mothra with them, as well.
For now, here's some hints as to my next ventures: Scythe, Arthropod, Tesla. Go ahead and guess.
Wow, that's a pretty nice looking Anguirus design!

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words. I'm happy that I live up to expectations.
Please tell me what you think about the bio, though, as that's what I'm most unsure about.
And remember to leave your vote up top.
But,

Lest We Forget

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

I like it.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I like that Anguirus a lot dude. The perfect line between Anguirus and Ankylosaurus. Very Nodosaurian.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Apologies for the late reply; I looked at the picture right after it was posted, but didn't have time to comment right then. Anyway, it's one of my favorite Anguirus redesigns I've seen yet. Quite recognizably and functionally Anguirus, but tweaked to look closer to a real dinosaur. I like the ceratopsian beak; it's an odd change from his usual crocodilian snout, yet somehow still feels appropriate for him. And I especially like that his tail doesn't have a club or other added weapon. Those never look right on him, to me.

The bio is a nice description of his personality and abilities. If you have any detailed histories for your kaiju incarnations and world, I'd be interested in reading those, as well.

And your clues seem to point to Gigan and Megalon.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

JAGzilla wrote:Apologies for the late reply; I looked at the picture right after it was posted, but didn't have time to comment right then. Anyway, it's one of my favorite Anguirus redesigns I've seen yet. Quite recognizably and functionally Anguirus, but tweaked to look closer to a real dinosaur. I like the ceratopsian beak; it's an odd change from his usual crocodilian snout, yet somehow still feels appropriate for him. And I especially like that his tail doesn't have a club or other added weapon. Those never look right on him, to me.
It's all alright about the reply. I appreciate all of the comments on my work.
I considered a tail club, but studying the anatomy of ankylosaurs compared to Anguirus, his tail is not stiff enough to support the weapon. The more flexible tail can support the thick spikes, however, as a sort of lashing weapon.
JAGzilla wrote: The bio is a nice description of his personality and abilities. If you have any detailed histories for your kaiju incarnations and world, I'd be interested in reading those, as well.
Alright, then. I'll update Rodan and Mothra, and I'll be sure to include Bios for any other new takes on future kaiju.
JAGzilla wrote: And your clues seem to point to Gigan and Megalon.
[/quote]
You're half right.
But,

Lest We Forget

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

Oooh, we've got some talent!
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

Thanks, M.U.T.O.. Stick around, I've got more coming.
How's the fever, by the way?
But,

Lest We Forget

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

Still have it. Thanks for caring. Feels nice to know someone I don't actually know cares.

Do you take requests, LW?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

M.U.T.O. wrote:Still have it. Thanks for caring. Feels nice to know someone I don't actually know cares.

Do you take requests, LW?
Of a sort. If someone requests a kaiju, and there's enough demand for it, or if I'm not too busy, I'll give it a shot. You have a request, yes?
But,

Lest We Forget

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

I suppose so. It may be a dinosaur of my own creation, but yes. I'll PM you a description of it as well:
Saurallomorphus palustromessor
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.