Baby (Flappy) Rodan Game Idea

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Baby (Flappy) Rodan Game Idea

Post by Beef Bigshot »

ok.......Flappy Rodan

Picture it. Envision the brilliance that is my idea. You can start off as the Rodan that just hatched out of the egg(like in the original movie) and begin flying through a cave, avoiding stalactites and stalagmites and such. Yes its a silly idea, but come on, you know you would play it

EDIT: ok, i have a test sprite that i did. Also to avoid copyright stuff, i feel the name "baby rodan" would be a bit more fitting.

Last edited by Beef Bigshot on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

darkgodzilla2069
Yojimbo

Re: Silly Mobile Godzilla game idea

Post by darkgodzilla2069 »

Lol go for it xD could be silly indeed :P
in the loving memory of my father
call me zak

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

working on the background now

EDIT: Done

Resized Image

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

After the cave, flappy Rodan is in New york city dodging buildings,based of of GFW? You should make a level about that....It should be the final level.
sadly i lack the coding abilities to actually make the game, but im hoping that if i put out all the sprites, someone will put it together for me. I recently got advice how to make things such as rock look much more realistic so ill try putting out a new level concept soonish for the cave.

As far as the city goes...perhaps once you get past a certain point you could unlock new levels? their is alot of potential in that.
Resized Image

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Re: Baby (Flappy) Rodan Game Idea

Post by Beef Bigshot »

upon request, i made this in the same style as rodan. Consider it a bonus or something

Resized Image

Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojora »

Beef Bigshot wrote:upon request, i made this in the same style as rodan. Consider it a bonus or something

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/ ... 7foohj.png
Is this one a boss battle or a playable character?
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Gojora wrote:
Beef Bigshot wrote:upon request, i made this in the same style as rodan. Consider it a bonus or something

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/ ... 7foohj.png
Is this one a boss battle or a playable character?
more like an easter egg. The game(if it is every made) would play like Flappy bird but with different levels you can unlock depending on how far you get. I cant forsee their ever being bosses in the game, but that may be a possibility...somehow.

For now, SpaceG is just a cute little sprite i did in the same style as Rodan, just for fun.
Resized Image

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

I can answer that! MS Paint. Not kidding, MS Paint.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Cool-io. You might want to research, "Custom Spriting" or "How to Sprite" on Google and learn the quick basics and then its just practice out the wazzo.

On Topic: Beef, if your seriously looking into making this. You can try GameMaker, it's free and there are a lot of tutorials to help you.

Dogbert
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dogbert »

this looks Cool!
I calculated the odds of this succeeding vs the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and I went ahead and did it anyways.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

SpaceG92 wrote:Cool-io. You might want to research, "Custom Spriting" or "How to Sprite" on Google and learn the quick basics and then its just practice out the wazzo.

On Topic: Beef, if your seriously looking into making this. You can try GameMaker, it's free and there are a lot of tutorials to help you.
If i finish all the sprites needed, and nobody comes around, ill look into it. I already do so much in life, if i add "game maker", i may explode! lol, but thanks, ill look into it.

Also, Nani russ, MSpaint is great, but im not sure that Mac has a good equivalent . Sadly when i started out spriting, I used a mac. After running through several different programs, i found nothing that could live up to actual MSpaint. MS has a few details which makes it finely superior to say, Paintbrush for mac. but if your looking to do cute little sprites like these, then paintbrush should be fine. It should supply you with the basic basic tools you need. After that all you need is a creative eye and a good amount of practice
Resized Image

GodzillaLord
Interpol Agent

Post by GodzillaLord »

seems kind of fun.
"I learned whence Cthulhu first came, and why half the great temporary stars of history had flared forth."
GodzillaLord wrote:
Birdman wrote:Do you like what you see?.
No. Given that the majority of Godzilla kaiju aren't sentient and are essentially just large animals, that's a little bit messed up. "Shrug", i digress do what you like, but i don't need the information.

Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojora »

Baby rodan
The only game with rodan as the protagonist and making people rage since flappy bird.
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

GodzillaLord
Interpol Agent

Post by GodzillaLord »

This would be amazing.
"I learned whence Cthulhu first came, and why half the great temporary stars of history had flared forth."
GodzillaLord wrote:
Birdman wrote:Do you like what you see?.
No. Given that the majority of Godzilla kaiju aren't sentient and are essentially just large animals, that's a little bit messed up. "Shrug", i digress do what you like, but i don't need the information.