Godzilla: Heritage

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla: Heritage

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

I threw in a bit about the kickstarter in the beginning of my latest Vlog. A little late as I had wanted to film this about a week back, but every little bit helps.

Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

DesuGojiFan
Gotengo Officer

Post by DesuGojiFan »

Rogue wrote:And guys, don't fret. The kickstarter may fail, but we're still holding out hope. It can happen. We need eyes on the project, and we're working on it. It's not impossible, and we're not giving up. I definitely want to thank you guys for keep up the optimism for this. Don't ever lose hope.
You seem to be singing a pretty different tune than you were a few weeks ago.
Rogue wrote:We don't have much of a back up plan. The only thing holding it up from completion is costs of filming. And $40,000.00 is the absolute lowest amount we can work with to complete this ambitious project.

Others have put forth the idea of doing more Kickstarter with a smaller budget, and that just simply isn't a possibility any longer. Greg and I have dedicated 6 years of our lives to this project. 6 years. Since 2009. Think about what you were doing 6 years ago. We've put everything into this project. To try and string this out any further would be too demanding on the cast and crew.

Rogue
GPN Volunteer

Post by Rogue »

DesuGojiFan wrote:
Rogue wrote:And guys, don't fret. The kickstarter may fail, but we're still holding out hope. It can happen. We need eyes on the project, and we're working on it. It's not impossible, and we're not giving up. I definitely want to thank you guys for keep up the optimism for this. Don't ever lose hope.
You seem to be singing a pretty different tune than you were a few weeks ago.
Rogue wrote:We don't have much of a back up plan. The only thing holding it up from completion is costs of filming. And $40,000.00 is the absolute lowest amount we can work with to complete this ambitious project.

Others have put forth the idea of doing more Kickstarter with a smaller budget, and that just simply isn't a possibility any longer. Greg and I have dedicated 6 years of our lives to this project. 6 years. Since 2009. Think about what you were doing 6 years ago. We've put everything into this project. To try and string this out any further would be too demanding on the cast and crew.
How so? Are you referring to me saying we don't have much of a back up plan? That hardly costitutes a different tune. In all honesty, we don't have much a back up plan, Negative-Nedry. Our back up plan constitutes one of our donors still giving us an unbelievable sum of money he's already donated, and us going on from there.

Look Desu, I can't dictate how you read or perceive posts or their tone, but I can tell you this, we have done nothing but be transparent about things so far, and what you've done is pick things apart and been pretty much less than helpful. If you don't wanna see this succeed, fine bud! We're okay with that. We can't change your mindset. We're sorry this isn't important to you, we are. We just wanna make our film. If you don't have anything constructive to say, please, move on. Because there are people here that support this, and I'm sure there are others that dont, but being pessimistic just for sake of being pessimistic... chief, it's old. It's worn out. We have enough on our plates without fans like yourself being Debbie Downers about something that is being done with the best intentions. For a character that supposedly we share a common interest in.

So please, I'm asking you politely and with the utmost respect, if you have nothing constructive to add, remove your negativity from the conversation. If you wanna chit chat and ask questions regarding the production, please, I'd love to answer questions you might have. I have nothing against you in the least. But if you're going to keep dragging our hard work through the mud for the simple pleasure of it, please, move on.

The Heritage will begin the end of days.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

My question is: How will I obtain a copy of the film if the current Kickstarter fails? (Assuming the film gets made)

Scrapzilla54
Ronin

Post by Scrapzilla54 »

I just donated $45 to the Kickstarter. There are still 12 days left to go, but it still hasn't reached it's half way goal yet. I hope there are still people who are donating; I think a lot of fans need this while both of the Godzilla movies are being made.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't is said that the first kickstarter was set at 20,000 and it failed so then it was decided to do two 10,000 kick starters which the first succeeded and went a little over so that the second one should have been around 10,000 or less right?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Rogue
GPN Volunteer

Post by Rogue »

We'll set something up Fiend. We're more focused on getting it filmed and completed now, but once it is, we'll come up with something.

And thank you scrap! Have you checked out the announcement on our Facebook?

Rogue
GPN Volunteer

Post by Rogue »

miguelnuva wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't is said that the first kickstarter was set at 20,000 and it failed so then it was decided to do two 10,000 kick starters which the first succeeded and went a little over so that the second one should have been around 10,000 or less right?
Correct. Buuuut... we ran into some issues getting suits made. Getting them built to spec is proving to be a near impossibility due to people living up to commitments and contracts. So, we had to up the budget unexpectedly. It sucks, but, that's the reality of such an ambitious project.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Come on people, we only have $18 thousand out of $40 and their is only 7 days to go!
Godzilla

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

1 hr · 

Unfortunately, the Kickstarter has failed to get funded. Thank you to everyone who helped spread the word about about the project and everyone who pledged. There will be an announcement on the future of the project later tonight
https://www.facebook.com/GodzillaHerita ... 1842719631
Godzilla

Rogue
GPN Volunteer

Post by Rogue »

Fear not guys. We're pushing forward. We'll just... go into massive debt. Could be for something stupid like student loans or an obnoxious car. If you're gonna have debt... might as well be for something you love doing!

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Rogue wrote:Fear not guys. We're pushing forward. We'll just... go into massive debt. Could be for something stupid like student loans or an obnoxious car. If you're gonna have debt... might as well be for something you love doing!
You guys are insane haha. Don't go homeless trying to make this now ;)
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Update:
https://m.facebook.com/GodzillaHeritage ... 4168366398
A male Kumonga superfauna dying following sustained artillery attack. U.S. Army and United Nations helicopters arrive with specialty teams to collect samples.

Kon Tum Province, Central Highlands, Vietnam
September, 1967.

Photo courtesy of United World News.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 5355433946
ARCHIVAL EVIDENCE - DR. YAMANE'S PHOTOGRAPH OF GODZILLA'S FIRST APPEARANCE

Godzilla

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

VARAN concept:

DOPEPOPE: zBrush Commissions Open! Contact Me for Details.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

I really like it, I just think the head is a little to monitor-like. Varan to me anyway, looked more like a marine iguana than a monitor lizard.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

Yea, I can see that. They really wanted the Komodo Dragon look. Here's more angles:

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

I like the komodo dragon look a lot. Looks great!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Yeah, it's a cool design for him. Looks a little more predatory and dangerous than the classic version.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Reminds me of a mutated Megalania. I love it.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

I'm happy you guys like it!