Godzilla: Heritage

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Godzilladestroyer
Young Farmer

Post by Godzilladestroyer »

Hey guys, this is my first topic that I'm doing. This is about a non-profit fan film "Godzilla: Heritage". There trying to get more people to see this and like their page. Here's the description-
"From an initial idea formed in late 2009, Godzilla: Heritage's concept has drawn the interest of several talented artists and actors - non-fan and fan alike and is now entering pre-production status. The film seeks to return the Godzilla mythology to its darker roots and ground the character and some of its memorable kaiju in an altered continuity that explores a world where they have been a staple of everyday life for almost 60 years. The project will utilize traditional suitmation and miniatures as well as more contemporary effects. The film is a non-profit project . "Godzilla" and all related character designs are copyright Toho Company, Limited."

Additional Credits:

Costumes: Kylie Joyner
Creature Concepts: Elden Ardiente (http://ldn-rdnt.deviantart.com/), Sean Sumagaysay (http://seansumagaysay.deviantart.com/)

The official facebook page-https://www.facebook.com/GodzillaHeritage/?ref=ts
Help these guys out. They will really appreciate your co-operation and your likes. :)

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Godzilla: Heritage

Post by Biogoji »

I this this should go in Fan Art, Games and Films.

Godzilladestroyer
Young Farmer

Post by Godzilladestroyer »

Oh sorry. I'm still getting use to this.

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

It's ok.

Rogue
GPN Volunteer

Post by Rogue »

Here's a couple shots of the suit under construction.

Our designer is Rashaad Santiago, and he'll be on the upcoming season of SyFy's 'Face/Off'.

Give our Facebook a look over. You'll like what you see. Scroll all the way down, there's all kinds of neat things.

www.facebook.com/GodzillaHeritage

The Stonewater Tape - A military recording that sheds some light on the first appearance of Godzilla before his 1954 attack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq7Q3oTKEcw

The Heritage will begin the end of days.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

I'm not big on the suit, I think it's WAY too bulky.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Rogue
GPN Volunteer

Post by Rogue »

That's because it's upright. When he's in the hunched over stance we have for him, you'll see. Look at the pictures I posted above. Without the tail attached, you can't really understand. Trust me. It's cool.

Rogue
GPN Volunteer

Post by Rogue »

This is a shot to give you an idea of the mass. I had my wife hold up his arm so you can get a clear view. It's no larger in size than 1954, 1984 and 2000.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Has anyone seen the Anguirus design on the facebook page?
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

I'm interested in how the suit is gonna come out.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

GojirO
G-Force Personnel

Post by GojirO »

TyrantGojira wrote:Has anyone seen the Anguirus design on the facebook page?
I have and it looks really good in my opinion
Rest in Peace Victoria

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Saw these on facebook. The suit is probably the best fan-made costume I've seen to date.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Some idiot on the Facebook was going on about how because godzilla isn't 60,000 tons in the movie, it will be it's downfall.

I think the movie looks amazing for a fan film. And I can't wait to see it when it's finished.

Has it been said if it's going to be full length or a short?
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Rogue
GPN Volunteer

Post by Rogue »

lol, yeah I banned him. I mean, it would have been one thing to just... openly debate it like an adult with us, but, here's the thing, he's not making the movie. If he wants to stay handcuffed to Toho's stats, cool. Have at it. But it's just not realistic to say a 75 meter tall creature is 60,000 tons. The blue whale comes in at 30 meters long, and weighs 170 tons. It's huge. Our Godzilla is bigger, and we basically multiplied off that. I mean he's only flesh and bone. 800 tons is massive. lol, but still it... it doesn't even matter! That has absolutely ZERO effect on the film itself. So when he degrades into calling us and our followers fools and dummy's and other colorful words, it's just... not worth the effort.

As for your question, yeah we're going for a full length feature. At least 120 minutes at this point.

BUT... if everyone is looking for it to be Final Wars-ish, it's the farthest thing from. There are only 2 creatures, and it's going to be a character driven film. But that's just going to make the film all the better. Everything is tied in. There are no 'all knowing' scientists, no cliche military characters out for revenge. The characters are normal people like you and I, thrust into a completely unimaginable situation.

The main character is Jack Martin, the grandson of Steve Martin from KOTM's. The secondary lead is Mitch Lawrence, the grandson of George Lawrence, Steve's boss from KOTM. It all takes place on a fictional island off the coast of Seattle, where United World News is hosting a press conference for the ground breaking on the island for a new flagship office for United World News. There's something that is luring Godzilla to the island, and he's followed by a vicious enemy, Anguirus. And you'll see that these two have been going at it, tooth and claw. Both designs feature scars of past battles that haven't quite healed over.

I promise, it's going to be a project everyone can walk away from enjoying at least one thing about. We've created an entire background universe, hand picking select attacks that have happened, and re-writing real-world history to incorporate the idea that these attacks have happened in varying degrees. It's gonna be very immersive for the viewers. We have a special release set that will co-incide with our fundraiser to help us pay for the miniature set building. The film will be released on Blu-Ray regularly and in a locked aluminum case collectors edition a few days before G-Fest. Those attending G-Fest will get their keys at a special screening event part we'll be holding, and those not able to attend will get their keys a few days later. It'll be littered with one of a kind goodies like props and pieces from the sets and hard copies of the 'Heritage Files' which give detailed background on the film in a 'de-classified' military file fashion, all kinds of goodies.

So yeah, keep your eyes peeled for more details and keep spreading the word for us.
Last edited by Rogue on Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

So do you guys plan to keep Anguirus purely T&C or do you plan to give him any new abilities?
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Will any other kaiju be featured in the film, or will it be just the two?
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Will it be only Blu Ray or will there be a normal DVD release also?
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Rogue
GPN Volunteer

Post by Rogue »

TyrantGojira wrote:Will any other kaiju be featured in the film, or will it be just the two?
Rogue wrote:BUT... if everyone is looking for it to be Final Wars-ish, it's the farthest thing from. There are only 2 creatures, and it's going to be a character driven film.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PopInPicsPresents wrote:So do you guys plan to keep Anguirus purely T&C or do you plan to give him any new abilities?
Angy is pure physicality. But not like you've seen in the other films. Back in 2009, when we were first brainstorming the film, I had the image of Anguirus as more like a wolf or coyote, rabid and vicious. Go onto youtube, and check some video of dogs fighting each other, and you'll understand how physical he's going to be. The circling, the snarling, vicious.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gyaos wrote:Will it be only Blu Ray or will there be a normal DVD release also?
Rogue wrote:The film will be released on Blu-Ray regularly and in a locked aluminum case collectors edition a few days before G-Fest.
DVD as well at some point. But since we're trying to keep it from simply being uploaded to YouTube immediately, we looking into how to protect them better. But Blu-Ray is going to be the better of the two releases for sure. Hopefully, more people have players by then. I mean, they should be reasonably priced by 2015. We'll see, though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Russell wrote:will there be any type of weapon used aside from samurai?
I don't know what that means. There are no samurai's.

MrGameguy
EDF Instructor

Post by MrGameguy »

Interesting. ;)
I wonder how it will turn out.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Kinda disappointed that the aren't any other kaiju in the film. I thought Rodan and Titanosaurus would fit in great. But you know what; This isn't ,y movie. I'm not going to judge purely based on the amount of monsters. I'm looking forward to the film regardless.