Godzilla: Heritage

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Re: Godzilla: Heritage

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

I certainly love that Varan, awesomely reptilian. Excellent work as usual dopepoe. I'm fond of the Heritage Godzilla design as well, but I feel that the ears kinda throw off what they're doing with the reptilian textures and features.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Rogue
GPN Volunteer

Post by Rogue »

Mav, we feel where you're coming from. Early designs 86'd the ears, but overall, we felt ears were a mainstay we didn't want to deviate from.
Godzilla: Heritage

The Heritage will begin the end of days.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

I'm really sorry how this turned out, Toho can be very hard some times. :(
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

OhOfCourse
Ronin

Post by OhOfCourse »

It was incredibly obvious that this would be the inevitable conclusion from the get-go but I'll at least say the designs were interesting.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

For those out of the loop; see below.

Godzilla: Heritage | Facebook | 3/13/2017 Announcement

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Aw man that sucks, im sorry about this. But hey atleast you can create new monsters, maybe we can use them for fan battles and other stuff.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Considering how different Angurius looks I would change Godzilla up a little more and change his name maybe Gigantis and be done with it.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Wonder what happened to this film. Haven't heard anything about it for a while even though some people still saw it.
Last edited by Gigantis on Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

tyrantgoji wrote:Wonder what happened to this film. Haven't heard anything about it for a while even though some people still saw it.
It was released a week or two ago to backers. Heard decent things, it seems like it’s a shadow of its former intentions due to the Toho interventions but still neat.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:Wonder what happened to this film. Haven't heard anything about it for a while even though some people still saw it.
It was released a week or two ago to backers. Heard decent things, it seems like it’s a shadow of its former intentions due to the Toho interventions but still neat.
I got to see it. I give some money to it when it started. I'm not going to lie, I felt a bit ripped off. But, knowing what happened with with it, I completely understand why it took so long to get made.

It's ok, not bad or anything.

airforce111
Interpol Agent

Post by airforce111 »

im reading the rules that toho gave them, and man...Also I have this stupid mugen godzilla fan made game I posted on tohokingdom as well, I worked hard on a fanmade trailer and made a new youtube and gmail account just for it.

Within 24 hours, the YOUTUBE AND GMAIL account were terminated. Like how the hell does that happen? No warnings, no nothing. I used my phone number to verify the account, and under my phone number in google, the account no longer existed. How do you just erase an entire gmail accout? To be clear, it was a free, stupid mugen game I just made a trailer for. Have no idea still why that happened, because other peoples godzilla mugen compilations are still up. lol.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
I got to see it. I give some money to it when it started. I'm not going to lie, I felt a bit ripped off. But, knowing what happened with with it, I completely understand why it took so long to get made.

How long did it end up being?
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Yeah, this project pretty much shot itself in the foot the minute it started getting crowdfunding. I imagine if it had been made without any sort of money being publicly involved, Toho might have been lenient enough to leave it be. As it is, though, it sucks that this fan film won't be available to non-backers. Still, hopefully the makers of this project could make a fun film with original kaiju.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Kiryu2012 wrote:Hopefully, the makers of this project could make a fun film with original kaiju.
And if they put as much effort in that as they did in Heritage, they might be able to get it in theaters!

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:

It's just ok, and that's best I can honestly say about it. I can tell that a lot of love, passion and enthusiasm went into it, those can only carry a project so far. I feel bad for saying anything negative about the film. For what it's worth, I can tell that the people behind it are going to go on to bigger and better things.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:

About 25 minutes.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

I’m glad those that paid for the project have finally seen a “finished” product. It sounded like a great idea and a lot of what I’d seen of their work was solid. I can’t feel sorry for the filmmakers or the people who backed them expecting more than what they got, though. They were naive in thinking this wouldn’t be the result based on Toho’s history and litigious nature, and they were warned by many people of this outcome.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I describe it as the ultimate tease. You see potential, it ends on a great hype up point but Toho really neutered this film. You can tell from what little they put into this film that had it been what they originally intended it to be it would have been special.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Would this not have fallen under fair use?
GO GO GOJI KUN

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

If they didn't put up a Kickstarter, I bet it would have gone under Toho's radar.