Super Godzilla Returns [Fan Game / Remake / Sequel]

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Super Godzilla Returns [Fan Game / Remake / Sequel]

Post by Burninggodzillalord »

About This Project:
Super Godzilla Returns is a Remake to the Super Nintendo game Super Godzilla, using the RPG Maker VX Ace engine. It will feature most of the original content that the SNES game had, but will also contain alot of new content.
  • This game is only compatible with Windows OS, and may be incompatible with older versions than Windows XP.
Game Details:
[ALERT! DETAILS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DURING THE CREATION PROCESS AND MAY NOT CORRECTLY REFLECT THE FINAL GAME'S CONTENTS UNTIL AFTER THE RELEASE WHEN THE LIST IS PROPERLY UPDATED!]
Spoiler:
Installments:
This game is being released Episodically, meaning the entire game will not be released at one time. Instead, a good portion of the game will be completed then will be updated publicly.
  • Episode 1: Returns [Current Release!]
    The first release of the game. The original levels remade with new content not in the original Super Godzilla.
  • Episode 2: Invasion
    The second release, which will feature more stages and continue the story!
  • Episode 3: Ultimate
    The final portion to the game's story, which will also include new stages, and possibly more!
Returning Features:
  • The original locations and bosses will return in order.
  • It will use the original music that was in the original game.
  • Buildings and Mountains can be destroyed.
  • Your attack list is the same (But you get to choose which instead)
  • Commander, Professor Ogata, Soldier Tanguchi, Miss Yano, and the Aliens (In this game, they will be known as the Dogolians) will return.
New Features
  • Godzilla can move around the city freely.
  • It will primarily use Kaiju Daikessen & Battle Legends style sprites.
  • You will be able to save your progress! Auto Save is also a feature!
  • New and more Stages! (about triple the amount of the original game!)
Recent Production Details:
  • New game logo revealed (9/13/22)
  • The New Battle System is currently being worked on (7/22/22)
Download Links:
RPG Maker VX Ace Run Time Package (RTP) [YOU NEED THIS TO PLAY THE CURRENT VERSION OF THE GAME]: Note: With future releases, this will be included with the game and no longer be required to download separately.
Super Godzilla Returns : Episode 1 (Version N / Patch 4) [Size: 31.02MB] [Release: 10/12/15]
  • Gamejolt Download: http://gamejolt.com/games/super-godzilla-returns/128584
    Patch Notes [Version N / Patch 4 Released 10/13/15]
    Spoiler:
    • Fixed error involving New Games using Patch M to have Godzilla appear Green in the overworld but nowhere else.
    • Fixed an endless loop error when being defeated by Bagan and using a Continue.
    • Removed Continues from the Shop as they can be used to easily grind money.
    • Attempted a fix on UFO Results numbers not matching up.
      Thanks to Linkzilla for catching these.
    Upcoming version: Episode 2 (Graphical updates, new battle system, new stages, and more!)
Videos:
SuperGodzillaGaming's Playthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLtzzpK ... txH8pHd2L4
Last edited by Burninggodzillalord on Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:31 pm, edited 108 times in total.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Re: Super Godzilla RPG Remake & Poll!

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Mechagodzilla? I'm confused? What? I don't understand why him but ok. Anywho I think you should as gyaos as one of the new scrub monsters you fight along your journeys and fight gamera I'n the end of a level. (super gamera would be cool as well, fer a challenging boss)

EDIT: ya so cause the same gyaos get boring, you could have like different kinds of gyaos,

EX: albino gyaos (harder to beat)
Flame gyaos (have a fire type beam)
Space gyaos (mini boss?)
Hybrid gyaos (alot harder to beat)
Mecha gyaos (alien, have a large variety of attacks!)

This could be breaking your policy of official Toho monsters abit but just an idea
Resized Image

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Beef Bigshot wrote:Mechagodzilla? I'm confused? What? I don't understand why him but ok.
Mainly because in Godzilla Generations, you can play as Godzilla and Mechagodzilla.
Beef Bigshot wrote:Anywho I think you should as gyaos as one of the new scrub monsters you fight along your journeys and fight gamera I'n the end of a level.............

This could be breaking your policy of official Toho monsters abit but just an idea
Well... He is in a Toho Distributed film... but i don't know if he'd qualify. Plus fighting Gamera is stupid as you are trying to save the earth, as is he. So Gamera is a no.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

NNNOOOOOOOOO. k ima think of more obscureish monsters who would be cool.

btw i really honestly think you should rethink about gamera but since you said no ill back down, after all your the freakin creater and im just some whinny punk who wants it his way lol
Resized Image

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Beef Bigshot wrote:i really honestly think you should rethink about gamera
If i get more praised opinions maybe i'll reconsider.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

ok got some more.

hedorah stage with pollution everywhere, this one is easy to come up with. for the scrub enemies, you could make it REALLY CREEPY and have some of the mutated monsters from the G creepypasta in thar. it would be scary to have a level based of that one part. shivers.....

aaannnd a gigan and megalon level. first you fight em both separately and then you fight them as a tag team. the jet maybe.....

EDIT: ok and a megaguirus level. meganulon everywhere and maybe as a side story have rodan or gyaos (ya i know i keep stressin em but im thinking outside of deh box) eating them as food or competition.
Resized Image

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Well lets see, here. The idea of remaking Super Godzilla is a great one with alot of potential, adding the RPG element can expand on this more so but then again it could hamper it (not going with the latter). It seems your trying to keep it true to the original game but with some tweaks along the way which, in my opinion is the best approach to the game.

Question, will this Super Godzilla remake use cutscenes? Personally, I think it can be fitting like in the introduction, the opening and boss battle intro's but im worried of file size increases from it. Another is the soundtrack being used, will it be the remix Famicom version or the SNES version.

As for the poll, will it be with a new or the same basic story (aliens invade, steal godzilla DNA)? My original poll choices loosely fit into the original story but I would like to know if it is it's own thing or something based loosely on Super Godzilla.

@Beef Bigshot: Albino Gyaos I would love to see, but Albino is not created under the eye of Toho it was a fan creation sadily which VERY few people ever got to see outside of puppets and photo's.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

meh to the whole albino gyaos thing, its still cool though

anywho i think the battle sequences should have you be able to see godziller better cause he is like the only guy you get so i would like to at least appreciate a nice sprite. AND I KNOW BGL HAS ONE YA PUNK!!!!
Resized Image

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Beef Bigshot wrote:any who i think the battle sequences should have you be able to see godziller better cause he is like the only guy you get so i would like to at least appreciate a nice sprite. AND I KNOW BGL HAS ONE YA PUNK!!!!
The "battle sequences" would just be like Monster World, like an RPG.
SpaceG92 wrote:Well lets see, here. The idea of remaking Super Godzilla is a great one with alot of potential, adding the RPG element can expand on this more so but then again it could hamper it (not going with the latter). It seems your trying to keep it true to the original game but with some tweaks along the way which, in my opinion is the best approach to the game.
First of all it's good to see you're alive :p But i still have time to tinker around with it, so who knows how it'll end up.
SpaceG92 wrote:Question, will this Super Godzilla remake use cutscenes? Personally, I think it can be fitting like in the introduction, the opening and boss battle intro's but im worried of file size increases from it. Another is the soundtrack being used, will it be the remix Famicom version or the SNES version.
Well, i was thinking about making Cutscenes myself, including ones to each boss, super g transformation, and similar ones to the original. These would only be a few seconds at most, so it wouldn't take up too much in terms of size. As for the music it would be the original SNES gamerip.
SpaceG92 wrote:As for the poll, will it be with a new or the same basic story (aliens invade, steal Godzilla DNA)? My original poll choices loosely fit into the original story but I would like to know if it is it's own thing or something based loosely on Super Godzilla.
Well i was going to see what monsters were wanted before i decided on what the story would be like. so i'm open to any suggestions.
SpaceG92 wrote:@Beef Bigshot: Albino Gyaos I would love to see, but Albino is not created under the eye of Toho it was a fan creation sadly which VERY few people ever got to see outside of puppets and photo's.
That's that one in the supposed 4th Gamera movie that was animated, right?

As a note i'd like to say (for those concerned) that this project shouldn't hinder the work of MW at all. Once i get the overworld sprites for the monsters done it'll basically be just bam-boom-pow-Done. That is given Work doesn't kill me. Only thing i'd think that'd take long is getting feedback on the EX bosses.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

hhhmmm sweet, i like
Resized Image

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Yeah, for some reason i've reverted back to "Lurker" status of the swarm you know. :D I've still been following everything your works, AWM and Gojifan's projects :)

Thanks for the fast replies actually and going from what you said I agree (in terms of how long this should take) it really shouldn't take that long but then again you never know. The scenes you mentioned are the ones I actually thought off XD. About Albino, yeah it was the "4th" Gamera movie in the Heisei that was fanmade and they did use CGI and some suits were used in some shorts according to people who actually seen the movie.

Polls and some ideas for why o.o
#1: Super Godzilla Sequal! Name says it all, the aliens come back with a vanguard of there own monster's and genetic abominations to seek the conquering of earth and the death of Godzilla!

#1: Gigan : Alien's vanguard monster, Gigan was sent to soften up human resistance and to battle the king)
#2: Hedorah : An alien bio-weapon made for the purpose of consumption of organic and inorganic matter for terraforming)
#3: Mechagodzilla (75'): A rebuilt Mechagodzilla from the remains of the one destroyed in their first conquest attempt
#4: Orga : The alien's attempt of using Godzilla cell's gone wrong, Orga serves unquestioningly and is a true terror
#5: Spacegodzilla : Advancing their techonology by stealing the DNA of Super Godzilla from the DNA gathered when Godzilla fought Orga they quickly revealed a stable Godzilla clone and injected it with Super Godzilla's power and DNA along with an unknown "Power Crystal" which transformed the clone into the malicious Spacegodzilla who repaid his creators by destroying their ship. His goal, the destruction of Godzilla to be the true King of the Monsters.
-I thought about Keizer Ghidorah after Spacegodzilla, that after the battle the aliens still had some left over power from Super Godzilla and transplanted it into the carcass of Ghidorah reviving the golden dragon and turning it into Keizer Ghidorah but the idea still fits.

#2 Godzilla Generations (lol at the title): The other idea I had was loosely based on a weird alternate world theory were out Godzilla keeps getting thrown around in time and universes fighting past/future/alternate versions of himself. The Godzilla he fights is dictated by the suit. If the suit had a significant change it would be a Godzilla to fight, clearing at the end with Finaro but only to be transported again to fight himself as the Super Godzilla (JPN version :P). Sorta based on the image below and sorry to post an image and not the intended one at that but the clock shown is actually the inspiration of the idea. Although it will create alot of monsters to battle and a weird time warp scene to a different "movie" scene were it took place would be quite fun.

Edit: Something with Gigan in the first suggestion. As a tribute to Final Wars and the first boss of Super Godzilla his head should be blown off and later on in Level 3-5 he is a random encounter enemy on the map as Gigan Modified and continues to harass the player until he is ultimately destroyed along with the Alien's Control Ship/Carrier when Spacegodzilla is created

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Well, is good to hear from you again, "The Great and Powerful Webber".

Moving on, a Fan-Sequel idea is pretty well put. The thought of the monsters are nice. Maybe you'd have to deal with all 3 of Orga's forms in one level. Be interesting. Knowing me, Spacegodzilla will be put into there somewhere. It just doesn't seem "me-like" to leave out my favorite kaiju. I was also considering a Return of the King before reading this comment. It seem really fitting for him to come back.

While the whole Godzilla-Vs-Godzilla thing is neat, the only Godzilla's i think the king should face are Mecha, Space, and Ghost to be honest. Though you fighting Super does sorta catch my fancy. If not maybe a different variation...? F**k. Super Spacegodzilla :|

Other things i'm thinking about as i'm setting the RPG up, is during cutscenes i do voiceovers of the monsters names, generally like the Atari games do.

Also i made a Poll on DA about this, and the top contenders of boss monsters are Ghostie and our favorite Eight-Headed Dragon.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Super...Space...Godzilla? It now has to be done! Spacegodzilla being my favorite kaiju beyond a doubt I actually voted for Ghost Godzilla, the potential is there to do alot of things. Ghost mass form, Ghost form of Gojira, Bone(Wraith?)/Ghost form and a regrown GMK/Gojira hybrid final form. Very glad you liked my concepts, I myself had an idea of a Super Godzilla fan sequal but I axed it because I was still working at the time. Now that I have RPGMaker VX I might get back started but it's not polite to do a, whats the right word, rival/copy of someone else's project.

I never actually thought of fighting all 3 forms of Orga to be honest. Then again, I guess that's why you can transform into Super Godzilla in that fight, the amount punishment being thrown at Godzilla is intense. Looking forward to watching this one grow and take off, hit me up/thread with idea's :D My brain's back up and running again! I edit my post above involving Gigan and him being rebuilt after the first fight and similar to the Mothership battle in Super Godzilla he continues to harass and annoy the player until being destroyed during Spacegodzilla's creation.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

ya, having you fight orga in proto form (whatever), thenorga, then godzilla orga would be cool. also i think you should maye consider doing a greener godzilla sprite to match the game. maybe as an extra. would be kinda nice

also i voted for ghostie.....would be cool as a super secret boss with a cutscene and crap. like, the original godzilla wants to challenge this godzilla to test his power. epic battle ensues.

you said the game would be kinda easy, as was the original game, but there was still some frustrating parts such as the fight with mechagodzilla that would be fun to replicate sorta.

wich ghidorah sprite do you plan on using. the 91 one (if date wrong, meh) is cool and all but its to bright. in the game it was more of a darker gold. this being the case it would be cool to see the DAM sprite make a return but with a 90 head. meaning with spikes instead of hair. just a little detail that would be cool. also it would make for a coolish sprite

and super space godzilla.....what would that look like even
Resized Image

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

SpaceG92 wrote:Super...Space...Godzilla? It now has to be done!
Even if such idea doesn't get into the game, I'd probably end up making a concept sprite regardless.... Then add it to MW as a Skin -.-
SpaceG92 wrote:Spacegodzilla being my favorite kaiju beyond a doubt I actually voted for Ghost Godzilla, the potential is there to do alot of things. Ghost mass form, Ghost form of Gojira, Bone(Wraith?)/Ghost form and a regrown GMK/Gojira hybrid final form.
Ghost Godzilla seems to be a favorite choice on the project. The multiple form idea is pretty interesting.
SpaceG92 wrote:Very glad you liked my concepts, I myself had an idea of a Super Godzilla fan sequal but I axed it because I was still working at the time. Now that I have RPGMaker VX I might get back started but it's not polite to do a, whats the right word, rival/copy of someone else's project.
Well Alex's Daikaiju Battle Royale is getting more publicity than TGTW ever did, but that doesn't make me not want to work on Reloaded. Basically my point is i'm used to being rivaled. Carbon copy is a different story though.
SpaceG92 wrote:I never actually thought of fighting all 3 forms of Orga to be honest. Then again, I guess that's why you can transform into Super Godzilla in that fight, the amount punishment being thrown at Godzilla is intense. Looking forward to watching this one grow and take off, hit me up/thread with idea's :D My brain's back up and running again!
Go ahead and post whats on your mind.
SpaceG92 wrote:I edit my post above involving Gigan and him being rebuilt after the first fight and similar to the Mothership battle in Super Godzilla he continues to harass and annoy the player until being destroyed during Spacegodzilla's creation.
Have him keep running off before you defeat him just like in the movies. I like it. but will probably hate it when i have to fight him 800 times like a Ridley.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

RIDLEY!!!!! ya ill keep posting ideas as well but for the sake of spaceG, it will basically be so he can post whatever he likes whenever.....ya so no editing or waiting. anywho im very excited and the nostalgi train is comin full force for me
Resized Image

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Well he can double post if he wants here, i think. I mean i do on my other topics.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Alrighty, I will draw out several concepts for a sequel to Super Godzilla but I will hold off to see what your's is. So far im building upon the one I have listed above involving the return of the aliens, might actually find a good way to add Keizer at the end. Again holding off to see what you do, we don't want two of the same now do we ;D .

Going back on the "Bone Wraith" of Ghost Godzilla, Being an ex-avid WoW player I came across some great idea's this guy being one of the best. Notice how the bones are positioned and the blue fire/spirit energy is holding it together loosely? Something like that was in mind but just 1 head and no lower jaw :D. The ribs will be open and no lower torso minus the tail which is looking more like an upside down rib cage flowing down his back as he is sorta hovering in the air. Oh man...so much can be done with Ghost G it's exciting. I'll let you know if I come up with anything else and awaiting any further news

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

you can double post?
Resized Image

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

WOW you can.....magic
Resized Image