SpaceG92 Sprites, Pictures, Projects, Customs, ect.

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: SpaceG92 Films, Pictures, Projects and Customs

Post by SpaceG92 »

Beef Bigshot wrote:TAIL SLIDE!!!!! HOLY SH********T
As much as I hate adding the cartoon elements of the Showa universe, the Heisei Godzilla has one HELL of a tail, hell the whole Godzilla species have remarkable tails. Spacegodzilla and Kiryu, though the later may have had help from cybernetics. Will I add a Flying Godzilla? Nope :twisted: !

I might post a rough outline of the Skill Tree system mentioned back here later tonight if I don't fall asleep early.
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 20#p530141

Edit #1: Working on sprite rips of several buildings that need to be recolored. That's high on my to do. Will post a sample when im done.

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Post by Burninggodzillalord »

By Tailslide he means the Drop Kick, right?

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Burninggodzillalord wrote:By Tailslide he means the Drop Kick, right?
No, I mean the below's tomfoulery. Although replacing Tailslide with a Drop Kick actually sounds a lot better, more down to earth feel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Jezs#t=17s

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

SpaceG92 wrote:
Burninggodzillalord wrote:By Tailslide he means the Drop Kick, right?
No, I mean the below's tomfoulery. Although replacing Tailslide with a Drop Kick actually sounds a lot better, more down to earth feel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Jezs#t=17s
That is actually what i meant. That's also called the "Dropkick".

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Whelp, time for a semi update. Structures sprite sheet is coming along okay, I just reminded myself how BAD I am at creating custom terrain though. Gah! I cannot create concrete to save my life man. Hmm, I did however create a High Tension wire power grid system in a large test zone that blocks your movement but also zaps you if you touch it.
Player Tip: Gotta go in a hurry? Maybe if you crash into the high tension wires enough it just might tear down ;P
Player Tip: Beware the aliens and their warships! They can ruin your day quickly if you engage them prematurely

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

SpaceG92 wrote:Hmm, I did however create a High Tension wire power grid system in a large test zone that blocks your movement but also zaps you if you touch it.
Speaking of which, i need to make/find me some of those.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Small update, ive been busy ripping some more sprites and sleeping all day mostly. But, I did finally after ragging at the computer and paint to design a passable sprite for concrete and a road. The thing I need to do but I cannot right now since how the layers are structured is the square-ness the concrete leaves. That's something im trying to work around right now but it's something I will solve at a later date. Might redo the tree's though.

Will note, the terrains mechanics though in very little detail...just like Super Godzilla certain terrain will slow you down greatly if you try and cross it.
Mountain: Impassable
Small Mountain: Can be destroyed
Hill: Slows down movement
Trees: Nothing
Road: Nothing
Concrete: Nothing
Small Building: No damage but slows down movement
Medium Building: Damage and slows down movement
Large Building: Higher damage and slows down movement
Skyescrapper: Some can be destroyed but at the cost of noticeable damage and slow movement.
Power Lines: Deals damage when crossed and can halt movement
High Tension Poles: Deals no damage and destroys all wires it is connected to.
Oil Canister: Explodes when destroyed
Docks: Slows you down
Shallow Water (Light blue) : Slows you down
Deep Water (blue) : Greatly slow you down
Deep Water (2, Dark Blue) : Impassable

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Tip: Add Concrete to the Road tiles to make the curves needed.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Finally got down a story which combines a bit of everything from my 3 rough ideas and am setting into motion with level designs and of course sprite creation. So, the actual game will be split into "Acts or World" which ever you feel like calling it. Each Act will have a major story element in it which all leads up into the final act. Each Act will have 3 Levels each with Mini Boss and Level Boss, the "Final Boss" quote means the hardest boss of that Act (expect a VERY tough challenge). So some levels have a "Level Name" and a (<location>) as you can guess that is the location, but until I can map out where the first act takes place (I have a rough) its being left blank for now. If their is 2 "Boss" tags that normally means a gauntlet style or back to back fight. Save your items kids :D

Prolouge
0-1 - Mystery Tremors (Canyon Gorge)
Manda - Mini Boss
Baragon - Boss
0-2 - Starteling Reveal (Volcano Level)
Manda - Mini Boss
Megalon - Boss (Burrow's Away after being defeated, captured by aliens)

Act 1

World 1-1 - Invasion
Gotengo - Mini Boss
Gigan - Boss
World 1-2 - Destroy the Spearhead
MOGERA - Mini Boss
Gigan - Boss
World 1-3 - Save the Lab
MOGERA V2 - Mini Boss
Hedorah Flying Form - Mini Boss
Hedorah Final Form - Final Boss

Act 2

World 2-1 - Behind Enemy Lines
Subterrainian Burrowing Dome - Mini Boss
Megalon - Boss
World 2-2 - Learning the Enemies Location
Alien Devestator Craft - Mini Boss
Titanosaurus - Boss
World 2-3 - Assault the Earth Base
Titanosaurus - Mini Boss
Godzilla Tower - Mini Boss
Mechagodzilla V2 - Final Boss

Act 3

World 3-1 - Going all In
Gigan V2 - Mini Boss
Mecha King Ghidorah 2 - Mini Boss
Planetary Assualt Carrier - Boss (Xilien Mothership)
World 3-2 - Showdown
Mysterious Alien Ship - Mini Boss (Orga Ship)
Milleniun - Mini Boss
Orga - Boss
Spacegodzilla Chrysalis Form - Boss
World 3-3 - To Save a World
Spacegodzilla flying Form - Mini Boss
Spacegodzilla - Boss
Super Spacegodzilla - Final Boss

Okay some more updates. Just loaded in most of the enemies, troops (groups of enemies), bosses and a most of the items in game now. So good for me! I will be falling asleep at work because of it but who cares that's why they invented 5-Hour energy. Also adding a mock up of the battle system I want to be in, currently trying to find a way to ad it as close as I can but it will take some time along with the skill system.

I believe you can set an image as the battle screen and you can with some scripted moving the bars around and how they are spaced so it can be doable, and I know a few games made with VXAce that have the enemies and the players icon in a small box. The down side...with multiple enemies battling like a "Maser Corps" squad with can have multiple of the same enemies and a random other it might not show the correct icon, which is annoying but I think the main enemy of the group should do, since it is a "Maser Corp" the main icon should be a maser. As for icons for masers, jets and tanks. Im planning on using movie screens just shoved threw a pixalization filter so it would end up looking like a 16-32 bit sprites. I know the process but haven't tested it yet. Anyways enjoy what I hope the battle system will look like. (Dismiss the nasty green back color, I didn't want to recolor it since im thinking of a more metal color. Like a metal plate on a control panel.

Also, the big middle black square is were any items will be shown for use and any will be the overall status screen for selecting enemies and such, so this is the main screen for that. When recoloring the Goji sprite hastefully I realized how much looks like Goji84...huh.

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

I wonder what Super Spacegodzilla would look like...

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Lookin great so far, have to say I like the pokemonesk battle formula ya got goin. Looks good, btw will the attacks all have animation, or will Godzilla kinda just jerk (why did I have to use this word) back and forth and somehow cause damage?
Resized Image

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Beef Bigshot wrote:Lookin great so far, have to say I like the pokemonesk battle formula ya got goin. Looks good, btw will the attacks all have animation, or will Godzilla kinda just jerk (why did I have to use this word) back and forth and somehow cause damage?
Well, he will be static but play a "premade" animation for the attack. Nothing that special unless it's an Atomic Breath or something that should look different.
As different as I can make it! I got a base sprite that im working on but I should have something later this week or so. If I can pinpoint something, extra big Spacegodzilla with a Biollante-esq head and larger crystals.

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

SpaceG92 wrote:
As different as I can make it! I got a base sprite that im working on but I should have something later this week or so. If I can pinpoint something, extra big Spacegodzilla with a Biollante-esq head and larger crystals.
Get that shit turned it. It's overdue.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

*Holds hands in air like Bane*

My first custom sprite edit! Bwahaha it looks nice! I think...well its simple but it helps get closer to Super Spacegodzilla. It's getting late so I better hit the bed soon. Anyhow, this is his tentative color scheme and crystals are also placeholders. They should be bigger (back spines) the tail spines looks good for now but the tail needs to be a tad longer imo. I did custom make it but I had to look at BGL's for help on the shoulders. :-x Took a better image, first one was WAY to small. Lastly, it doesn't "feel" like Super Spacegodzilla yet, because it isnt yet :D Gotta crawl before you can run.
Get that shit turned it. It's overdue.
Sorry teacher, my dog ate my homework...can you give me an extra day?
Reference Image

Well, I don't like the color for the above for Super Spacegodzilla. I will keep it seeing some use but I recolored it and made a normal Spacegodzilla. Originally his stomach looked like a varity pack of Starbursts and his skin outline was nearly pitch black. He kinda now looks like a Trendmasters.
Hey, got bored and did a dark recolor. May have found my favorite color scheme but that abdomen needs to be reworked almost entirely.
Reference, though my goal the colors came out to grey. Might do a V1.4 later

Oh yeah, have a DAG92. Did a lazy way of getting it pixelated but at least I know the process can work on JSDF unit's without sprites. Mostly all of them. I didn't recolor it yet because the reference was bad to begin with and I need to change the max amount of colors allowed to get that "retro" feel on it. Closing statement, most battle sprites of enemy tanks, jets, UFO's will use this method. Ashamed I am, but maybe before I do this I can doodle up a decent sprite. :roll:

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

SpaceG92 wrote:*Holds hands in air like Bane*

My first custom sprite edit! Bwahaha it looks nice! I think...well its simple but it helps get closer to Super Spacegodzilla.
Hey, got bored and did a dark recolor. May have found my favorite color scheme but that abdomen needs to be reworked almost entirely.
Reference, though my goal the colors came out to grey. Might do a V1.4 later
It's good for a first ever edit, but it looks like you don't know how to recolor properly & efficiently (No offense). They look rough & discolored. I'm not sure if that's because you rushed it or what. IF you do need help, I can make a video tutorial if you want.

It also looks like you used G 89 for this. Probably not the best option as he has less colors on him, but that's not a big problem. If you want to use my SG for anything (reference, full use, etc.) go ahead.

My last peeve about it would be i think there should be a major color distinction between SG and Super SG. My way to go is the Dark Purple/Seafoam Green approach.

Or at least use the Purple, i think.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

It's good for a first ever edit, but it looks like you don't know how to recolor properly & efficiently (No offense).
None taken :D I know it's rough it and since then I swapped colors AGAIN and actually did some decent work on a Super Spacegodzilla and the V2.0 Spacegodzilla. Coming along close to what you posted minus the chest area (solid white placeholder). Im feeling under the weather but I got nothing better to do but sit in my bed and fidget with sprites :D

Thanks for help offer, I'll ask if I get stuck or start doing more advanced edits.

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

SpaceG92 wrote:I swapped colors AGAIN
Maybe you should take some time to think of color schemes that would work out to your best interest.
SpaceG92 wrote:Im feeling under the weather but I got nothing better to do but sit in my bed and fidget with sprites :D
To be perfectly honest, everyone is under the weather except for those on Airplanes. Who are over the Weather for the most part.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Burninggodzillalord wrote:
Maybe you should take some time to think of color schemes that would work out to your best interest.
I went through about 5 palettes total now. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2y3f ... 1_1280.jpg
Anyways, same pic as above is the desired color scheme but trying to get that blue/purple blend that's done on a suit with a far more numerous color variety is a the challenge. As for the neon colors, I do like the chest part a neon bright color (pink/purple) in this case but his shoulder crystals should be a red/orange/purple. Recall back when Spacegodzilla was pulsing a variety of hues towards the end of Godzilla vs Spacegodzilla, for some reason that scene really stuck in me as a great alt color.

The color you choose though for Super Space was nearly dead on for what I had in mind except a tad more blue. I'll get cranking after a nap and see if I can get a good balance in color scheme and palette swap your sprite :? . Again thanks for the resources :huge:

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

SpaceG92 wrote:
Burninggodzillalord wrote:
I went through about 5 palettes total now. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2y3f ... 1_1280.jpg
Anyways, same pic as above is the desired color scheme but trying to get that blue/purple blend that's done on a suit with a far more numerous color variety is a the challenge. As for the neon colors, I do like the chest part a neon bright color (pink/purple) in this case but his shoulder crystals should be a red/orange/purple. Recall back when Spacegodzilla was pulsing a variety of hues towards the end of Godzilla vs Spacegodzilla, for some reason that scene really stuck in me as a great alt color.

The color you choose though for Super Space was nearly dead on for what I had in mind except a tad more blue. I'll get cranking after a nap and see if I can get a good balance in color scheme and palette swap your sprite :? . Again thanks for the resources :huge:
Not tryin' to steal your Thunder or anything, but i got giddy and tried this out myself. I really like how it came out.
Did a little Shade Boost to the shoulder crystals though, so it's not a complete pal-swap.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

And that's it ladies and gentle men! The color's exactly what they are meant to be :D It looks fantastic. If I do not have work tomorrow, I will make up for my missed development time today (kinda slept all day) tonight and further develop some game elements.