My Godzilla review series

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Re: My Godzilla review series

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Space Amoeba is considered by many to be the final classic Kaiju film as it was the first movie to be made following Eiji Tsuburaya's passing along with being Ishiro Honda's final non-Godzilla film. Thus, is this a grand finale that ends the golden age of Kaiju films on a high note or a lackluster whimper? Watch to find out.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:Space Amoeba is considered by many to be the final classic Kaiju film as it was the first movie to be made following Eiji Tsuburaya's passing along with being Ishiro Honda's final non-Godzilla film. Thus, is this a grand finale that ends the golden age of Kaiju films on a high note or a lackluster whimper? Watch to find out.

This latest review of yors is a lot less negative than I expected it to be.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Why's that?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:Why's that?
Because of all Toho’s Kaiju films, this particular film has one of the lesser raps.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

LegendZilla wrote:
Because of all Toho’s Kaiju films, this particular film has one of the lesser raps.
Ah, gotcha. While it wasn't great, I didn't out right hate it. It was certainly far better than War in Space, which is by far my least favorite Showa Kaiju film.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Ah, gotcha. While it wasn't great, I didn't out right hate it. It was certainly far better than War in Space, which is by far my least favorite Showa Kaiju film.
I wouldn’t so much consider War in Space a Kaiju film. It’s as much a Kaiju film as the original Star Wars.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Well it's listed as a Kaiju film, so I consider it one. It's not different than Battle in Outer Space, just a lot shittier.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

If you were a summer blockbuster during the 90s, you were most likely given a cartoon series the following fall. It happened with Men in Black, it happened with Street Fighter, it happened with Mortal Kombat, and it happened with Godzilla. As such, this new Godzilla series continues the events of the film that proceeded it, while also taking some ideas from the Hanna Barbera animated series. How does this iteration stack up compared to that cartoon and the movie it follows? Watch to find out.

Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Toei rehired Gingaman's head writer Yasuko Kobayashi to finish off the 1990s with their latest series, Mirai Sentai Timeranger. Timeranger dealt with a group of cops that are forced to chase after a family of criminals into the year 2000 where they join forces with a man living there to stop the Londerz Family from altering history. Is Timeranger worthy of your time or should you spend your minutes elsewhere? Watch to find out.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Another good review. Keep it up. ;) btw, Maybe in the future you could review more Ultraman series?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

LegendZilla wrote:Another good review. Keep it up. ;) btw, Maybe in the future you could review more Ultraman series?
If they bring them out to DVD or BD, definitely. Right now though, the only Ultraman review I have planned is for that Towards the Future series. I just need time to watch it, which you would think would be easy since it's only 13 episodes, but not when you are watching 8 different shows to review on top of life stuff.

Anyway:

Due to the success of Kamen Rider Black, Toei decided to have its follow up a direct sequel that not only brought Minami Kotaro back to the forefront as the show's lead character. Furthermore, Toei decided to set it into the Showa Kamen Rider universe for what would end up being a grand send off to the Showa period due to the emperor's passing while the show was on the air. Is Kamen Rider Black Rx a worthy successor to Kamen Rider Black, or should it have featured a new character? Watch to find out.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Back in 1975, Toei and Shotaro Ishinomori created a team based Tokusatsu series featuring five soldiers in rainbow colored uniforms titled Himitsu Sentai Goranger. Unbeknownst to them, the show would go on to spawn an entire franchise that continues even to this day. With that in mind, is Goranger a worthy kick-off or just something that skated by through sheer luck? Watch to find out.

Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

After a few movies and specials, Garo and its lead Kouga returned to form with another season in October of 2011 titled Makai Senki. However, was Makai Senki just as good as its first season, better, or should the series have stayed a single season? Watch to find out.

Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

After Halloween 4's shocking ending, audiences awaited to see what would happen to Jamie Lloyd. Would she go on a murderous rampage like Michael had? Would she sit in a room and stare at a wall for 90 minutes? Would she try to kill Rachel? Watch to find out.

Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Kaitei Gunkan, or more commonly known as Atragon to Americans, was based upon two different sources for its material. The first being an illustrated series known as "The Undersea Kingdom" by Shigeru Komatsuzaki, while the second was a young adult series written by Shunrō Oshikawa that translates into, "The Undersea Warship." Did combining two different tales into one create a solid experience, or was it a failure? Watch to find out.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

The 21st century kicked off with the 25th Super Sentai series Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger. In this show, our heroes battled evil demons called Orgs by collecting multiple Power Animals that would go on to coin the term "Auxiliary Mecha." How does this blatant toy commercial stack among its predecessors? Watch to find out.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I wonder when Gorath will be available in North America on digital media?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Sailor Moon Crystal's first season was a mixed bag as far as both story telling and animation was concerned as there was no time to develop the characters while the animation was just down right awful. Does the second season rectify these mistakes or is it just more of the same? Watch to find out.

LegendZilla wrote:I wonder when Gorath will be available in North America on digital media?
No idea, but it would be nice if someone would finally license and release the rest of their films on BD already. I really want to see The Human Vapor, The Secret of the Telegian, and The Birth of Japan.
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Due to production delays, the 1986 Sentai series, Choushinsei Flashman, did not air until March 1st. Nevertheless, that did not stop the show from being the first of many things for Sentai, including the first series to give the team a second mech. Does the series fly by in a flash or is it exceptionally stagnant? Watch to find out.

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/tUO1F6_09GA[/YouTube]
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

That's weird, the tags aren't working.