Pokemon: Kanto Adventures!

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

MothraRocks
Futurian

Pokemon: Kanto Adventures!

Post by MothraRocks »

Episode 1
Charmander; I choose you!

"Ah!"

Jake yelled out in pain as his face smashed against the floor of his bedroom, his legs tangled together in his covers. Groggily, he pulled himself up using his varnished mahogany desk, and desperately tried to free his legs from their fuzzy prison.

Any normal person would have been upset that their day had started off so foully, or would have been concerned that they might have possibly broken their nose, but Jake was focused on more important things.

His first Pokemon.

Smiling, Jake walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror, noticing his black hair was as messy as ever. He didn't care though, not today anyway, today was just full of smilies for him. 

That is, until he looked at his alarm clock.

"Oh my God!" he yelled, panic in his voice. "I was supposed to be at Professor Oak's nearly an hour ago!"

Dropping his toothbrush, Jake swung his bedroom door open (leaving a nice dent in the wall) and nearly flew down the stairs, into the living room where his mother was holding alate of his favorite breakfast; eggs and bacon. Seeing her son rushing, Ms. Kuso quickly blocked the door way, the food steaming in the plate.

"Oh? And where do you think you're going?" Jake's mother asked.

"Professor Oak's!" Jake yelled out, desperately trying to push past his mother and out the door. "I overslept, and if I don't get there now I might -"

"You're not going anywhere until you eat your breakfast mister! It's your own fault you didn't set your alarm clock yesterday." Ms. Kuso said sternly, her long brown hair swaying behind her as she pushed Jake into the open kitchen and sat him down. "Now eat."

Alex leaned against the poll, continually looking at his watch. Jake should have been here over an hour ago! If Alex didn't get his Pokemon today, he swore he would punch Jake's face so hard that it would look like a meteor hit and left a crater.

Just then, C.C. came walking from around the corner, the wind blowing his short blond hair. He spotted Alex and fastened his pace.

"Still no sign of him." C.C. said, obviously annoyed. "Do you think he forgot?"

"Nah, Jake's dreamed of going on a Pokemon Journey since he was little, I doubt he would forget it on the day it starts. Or, should I say, is supposed to start." Alex answered back. "Besides, all three of us setting off together? That opportunity is just too great to pass up."

"I guess so..." C.C. said quietly, still concerned over why Jake was late.

Seeing this, Alex tried to get his mind off the subject. "And hey, I'll finally beat Chris at something, right? "

"Uh...I wouldn't speak so soon." C.C. said, pointing at the hill behind Alex that led to Professor Oak's lab.

Alex turned around, only to see a boy walking down the dirt path slowly, his hands in his pockets. C.C. swore he could feel the heat of Alex's temper in the air, and cautiously took a step back; this was not something he wanted to get between.

"What are you doing here?" Alex said, taking a step towards Chris.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm starting my own Pokemon journey today." Chris said, spinning his newly acquired Pokeball on his index finger. 

"What?!" Alex yelled, scaring a flock of Pidgey away from a nearby tree. "When did you plan that?"

"Quite a while ago, if you must know." Chris said, a smirk appearing on his face. "You mean to say you haven't gotten your Pokemon yet? Oh well, seems I've won another race! Wait a minute, there's only two of you, where's the third one?"

Alex's face turned red. This was the one thing that he thought he could beat Chris at, but it had all been ruined by Jake and his tardiness. Alex watched as Chris headed down the road, already beginning his Pokemon Journey.

"THAT'S IT!" he screamed at the top of his lungs. "Come on C.C. lets go get our Pokemon!"

"What about Jake?" C.C. asked, not wanting to leave him behind. The plan had been that they would all go on their adventure together, as a threesome. But Alex was already storming up the hill, his fists clenched. Sighing, C.C. ran after him.

Jake tripped and fell on the hard before desperately clawing and standing back up. He had to get to the lab before all the Pokemon were gone! Pulling his red and white cap down, Jake rushed down the road, kicking dust up as he went.

It wasn't long until he saw Chris walking up the road towards him.

"Oh, there you are!" Chris said, desperately trying to hold back a smirk. "I thought you weren't gonna make it."

"Shut up Chris, I'm not in the mood today." Jake snapped back, continuing his way to the Pokemon lab.

"Oh, seems like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." 

"Try the floor." Jake muttered under his breath.

"Well, see ya. I'm off to start my journey." Chris answered back before rushing off.

Jake froze. His journey? Jake's blood slowly froze over, the realization of Alex's temper kicking in, and the thought of one of the Pokemon already gone. His eyes wide, Jake took off down the road, faster than ever before, with the lab soon in his sight.

Alex looked over the three Pokeballs carefully; his anger had quickly slipped away and changed into a mixture of shock and joy. He couldn't believe that his Pokemon Journey was input to start, right now!

"Hurry up and pick Slowpoke!" C.C. said while laughing at his own little pun. Alex was so happy even he couldn't resist a small laugh. After a few more minutes, Alex picked up the Pokeball on the right, staring at it in awe.

"Ah, Squirtle, the water type Pokemon." Said a gray haired man that stepped forward. "I can tell that you two will get along very well."

"My turn!" C.C. yelled, pushing past Alex and immediately picking up the Pokeball on the right. Alex had taken so long, that C.C. Had already picked out his Pokemon. "Bulbasaur, come on out!" 

The Pokeball suddenly clicked open and released a bright, white, light, which eventually took on a small form that stopped glowing.

"Bulba!" the tiny green Pokemon said happily.

"Your so cute!" C.C. exclaimed before getting on his knees and petting his new Pokemon. "What do you think Professor Oak?"

"Well, Bulbasaur's are known for their kindness, and eagerness to explore. You two should get on great!" Oak said smiling.

"Well C.C. let's get going. We should prob-" 

Alex was cut off as the lab doors burst open, followed by a messy looking Jake.

"I'm here! I'm here!" Jake said, out of breath. "Don't tell me there's no more Pokemon!"

"No no, there is still one more Pokemon, but..." Oak said, a strange look in his eyes.

"I don't care, I NEED one!" Jake pleaded.

"You could've fooled me." Alex said, rolling his eyes. "Your so late, I didn't think you wanted one; I mean, me and C.C. already have ours." 

Alex proved his point by tossing his Pokeball into the air, releasing a small, light blue turtle Pokemon.

"Squirtle squirtle!" The adorable blue Pokemon yelled enthusiastically.

"I'm really sorry, but you would not believe all of the events that happened this morning." Jake stopped and looked at the last Pokeball, his excitement growing. Soon, the urge proved to be to much, and Jake grabbed the Pokeball before tossing it into the air. "Charmander; I choose you!"

Suddenly, the Pokeball popped open, releasing a small, orange lizard like Pokemon. Instead of saying it's name like the other two, Charmander simply folded his arms and stared Jake.

"Now, I must tell you, there seems to be a slight...'problem' with this one." Oak said, a bit nervously.

"What do you mean?" Jake asked, reaching for Charmander's head. "He looks perfect!"

The instant Jake's hand made contact with Charmander's skin, the flame on the end of Charmander's tail suddenly flared up, along with the small lizard's head turning to face Jake.

"Char!!" yelled Charmander as he spewed flames his mouth, forcing Jake to roll out of the way, leaving Alex and C.C. in shock.

"Thats what I meant." Oak said blandly.   

Last edited by MothraRocks on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

MothraRocks
Futurian

Re: Pokemon: Kanto Adventures!

Post by MothraRocks »

Jake eyed Charmander carefully, not want to get burnt to death. Slowly, he pulled himself upwards and edged himself away towards Alex and C.C. .

"You ok Jake?" C.C. asked, also keeping a careful eye on Charmander.

"Aside from nearly being roasted to death? Yeah, couldn't be better."

Professor Oak turned away and reaching into a cardboard box, shuffling through a bunch of who knows what. Eventually, he found what he was looking for and turned back to the group, handing each one what appeared to be a small, red rectangle.

"This is a Pokedex." The Professor said, handing the last one to Alex. "It collects information on any Pokemon you see, giving a detailed analysis on it."

"So wait," Alex said, opening his Pokedex. " All I have to do is point it at a Pokemon and it will tell me about them?"

"Precisely." Oak said.

As if to see if Oak was telling the truth, Alex brought up his Pokedex and pointed at his Squirtle, causing a light in the corner to go off.

"Squirtle. The water type Pokemon. Its shell is not just for protection. Its rounded shape and the grooves on its surface minimize resistance in water, enabling Squirtle to swim at high speeds." said Alex's Pokedex.

"Whoa, that's so cool!" C.C. said excitedly before pulling out his own Pokedex and pointing it at Bulbasaur.

"Bulbasaur. The grass type Pokemon. Bulbasaur can be seen napping in bright sunlight. There is a seed on its back from birth. By soaking up the sun's rays, the seed grows progressively larger." finished his Pokedex.

Oak smiled and turned to Jake; "Well? Aren't you going to try out yours?"

"Uh...well, yeah, maybe later." Jake said, still hesitant about Charmander.

"Well I hope so, I need you three to fill up your Pokedex's for me." Oak said before handing them each five tiny Pokeballs. "Here's some Pokeballs for you. I wish you luck, because your Pokemon adventure officially begins now!"

C.C. , Alex and Jake all walked down the same hill that they had climbed less than thirty minutes ago, they're Pokemon following behind them. At the bottom of the hill, they saw a small group of people, of about fifteen or twenty, waiting for them. Out of the crowd emerged the mothers of the trio.

"Oh C.C.! I'm so proud of you!" C.C.'s mom said, pinching his cheek. "Oh, and what an adorable Pokemon you picked out!"

Both Jake and Alex laughed at C.C., but he was only the first victim of the mother attack!

"Alex! I'll miss you so much!" yelled Alex's mom before she gave him a big bear hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Make sure to take care of your Pokemon!"

"Yeesh, ok, I will mom. Now can you please let me go?" Alex asked pulling away, nearly squishing his Squirtle.

Jake bit his tongue; he knew what was coming. And sure enough, his mother quickly came over, holding a blue backpack.

"Oh sweetie! Good luck on you journey! Here, I packed some shirts, jeans, socks, underwear --"

"Mom!" Jake yelled blushing. "I'll be fine, I promise."

"Yes, I suppose so. But...why isn't your Pokemon in it's Pokeball?"

"Oh...yeah, that's right!" Jake said proudly before bringing out Charmander's Pokeball. "Charmander, return!"

Jake threw the Pokeball at Charmander, only to have it  head butted right back at him. Jake tried again, only to repeat the process. Again and again this happened, and Jake stopped only when he noticed Charmander's flame beginning to grow.

"Oh I see! You two are playing catch with each other!" Jake's mother exclaimed.

"Uh...yeah! Yeah, we're buds already, right Charmander?"

"Char..." Charmander growled out.

Jake took a step back and grabbed his backpack before hugging his mother goodbye and setting off down the road with Alex and C.C. .

"Aw, cmon Charmander!" Jake yelled, pulling at the rope to which Charmander was tied too.

"Char, char!" Charmander yelled defiantly, putting all his weight down to try and stop Jake from pulling him along.

"Charming Pokemon you got there." C.C. said, not even bothering to look behind. "Our first stop is in Viridian city, everyone ok with that?"

"Me and Squirtle are, but I'm not sure about --"

"CHAR!!!"

Alex and C.C. Whipped around, only to see a stream of hot flames shooting up into the sky, emitting from Charmander's mouth. 

Jake threw himself backwards, crashing into a tree, resulting in nice, red apples falling on his head.

"Uh, I think Charmander should go into his Pokeball." C.C. said as Jake got back up.

"You think? That's what I tried to do, but he kept hitting it back at me!"

"Wait a sec." Alex said, bringing out his Pokedex and pointing it at a Pokeball, activating it.

"A Pokeball is a containment unit used by trainers to hold Pokemon. Pokemon should be in their Pokeballs most of the time."

"See Charmander? Now please, get inside your Pokeball." Jake said kindly.

"Char." said Charmander as he walked over to Alex and tugged on his pants leg, making him bend down. When he was close enough, Charmander tapped the side of the Pokedex, resulting in it saying more.

"However, not all Pokemon like being inside Pokeballs, and prefer to stay outside."

C.C. sighed. "Well, we'll all help you with your little poke problem before we get to Viridian."

Jake stopped and thought for a minute before answering; "No, that's not fair for you guys. Go on to Viridian City and wait there for me. I need to do this myself."

"Good luck with that." Alex said as he a C.C. walked down the road.

Jake watched them disappear from view with a sinking feeling where his stomach was. He took a deep breath and turned around to confront Charmander, only to see him laying up on a tree branch!

"Charmander! Come down here!" Jake yelled at the orange Pokemon, but Charmander simply ignored him and began eating an apple. "Fine! I'll do this myself!"

Clenching his fists, Jake stormed up the road and turned to the right where there was a field of tall grass. Charmander opened one eye and watched Jake out of curiousity. After a few minutes of wandering around, Jake found what he was looking for.

"A ha!" he yelled as he pulled out a Pokeball. "Enjoy your last minutes of freedom Pidgey, because now your mine!"

Jake threw his Pokeball at the small bird Pokemon, which soon engulfed it in a red light that was sucked into the ball.

"Yeah! I got -- huh?" Jake was confused, why was the Pokeball shaking? Suddenly, it popped open, releasing the small Pidgey, which quickly took off into the grass. 

"A Pokemon," said the Pokedex from Jake's pocket, "must be weakened by another Pokemon normally in order to be captured."

Behind him, Jake heard a sort of laughter. He turned around, and unsurprisingly, saw Charmander laughing at his dismay.

"Well if I had a GOOD Pokemon, maybe I would have caught the Pidgey!" Jake yelled angrily. "Seems like I'm gonna have to do this myself."

Charmander once again ignored Jake and went back to feasting on his delicious apple contently.

Picking up a rock, Jake headed deeper into the grass, hoping to find another Pokemon to catch. After fifteen minutes or so, he spotted a small yellow blur not far away.

"Alright! A Sandshrew!" Jake yelled. Aiming carefully, he threw the rock with extreme force, landing it on the Pokemon's small head.

"Yeah! Now I --"

"Drill!"

Charmander stared at the sky, flicking his tail as he did so. Why did his 'trainer' have to be so... undesirable? Charmander wanted nothing to do with Jake, and he had made sure to make that clear, yet Jake would not leave him alone. Where was Jake anyway?

"Ahhh!" 

Charmander sat upright, wondering where the scream had come from. He looked around, and it wasn't long before he saw Jake running in his direction. What now? Charmander soon saw why; a group of about a hundred Beedrill came flying over the hill as well. 

Jake looked down next to him and saw his Charmander running as well. He couldn't blame him, Beedrill attacked anything in sight when they were angry. Looking back up, Jake ran down the way C.C. and Alex had gone, hoping to get help.

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Jake increased his speed for dear life as he heard the buzzing of the Beedrill's wings approaching him from behind. Thinking fast, Jake made a left turn and hid behind a nearby boulder, the Beedrill zipping past him.

Leaning against the rock, Jake began to breath heavily; he knew those Beedrill weren't going to give up that easily, and that they were probably going circle the small forest until they hunted him and Charmander out. Where was Charmander anyway? As if to answer his question, Jake felt a tugging on his pants leg and looked down, seeing Charmander reaching upwards.

At first, Jake thought Charmander was finally beginning to warm up to him, nut soon realized his real intentions.

"Oh no you don't!" Jake exclaimed as he snatched up Charmander's Pokeball and held it above his head. "You didn't want to go in there before, and your not going to now!"

Charmander growled very deeply. Jake watched the flame on Charmander's tail begin to grow and took a step back. Then, to Charmander's surprise, Jake took a step forward once again and stood his ground, staring Charmander in the eyes.

"Look, if you want to scorch me, then go ahead, do it." Jake said sternly, no fear at all in his voice. "But I'm tired of this, of you! This was supposed to be the best day of my life, and as it turns out, it's one of the worst. So if you want to unleash your little temper tantrum, be my guest, but mark this: I'm getting out of here one way or another, and I WILL continue my Pokemon Journey, no matter what!"

For a second, Charmander simply glared at Jake demeaningly, making his thoughts unknown. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Charmander's flame died down to it's normal size, along with Charmander hanging his head in shame. Surely he wasn't worth being the Pokemon that started this trainer off on his journey. Slowly, a single tear rolled down the cheek of the orange Pokemon, hitting the ground with a little 'sploosh'.

Suddenly, Charmander felt something on his shoulder and looked up, shocked to see Jake smiling kindly at him.

"Hey, it's alright, really. I know that you're scared of leaving home; I am too. But if we want to enjoy our trip, we have to learn to accept each other."

"Char!" Charmander yelled out happily before opening his arms and hugging Jake's shin.

"Alright, that's more like it! Now, if you will, I have a little plan..."

"...the rabbit goes around the tree..." Jake mumbled to himself as he struggled to tie the final knot in his contraption. "How you doing up there Charmander?"

The head of Charmander poked out from leaves above Jake, he having already tying his knots up where Jake couldn't reach in the trees.

"Char, char!" he happily said.

"Great! Now, you remember the plan, right?

Charmander smiled and nodded silently.

"Great! Now I just need a way to get their attention...without, you know, getting stung." Jake wondered aloud to himself.

"Charman!" Charmander said, hoping down from his tree branch and walking over to Jake's bag before rummaging through it. Jake watched, curious as to what his Pokemon was doing. Not long after, Charmander pulled out a small mirror and handed it to Jake.

"Look, I know my hair is messy, but it never seems to straighten out. Maybe if..."

"Mander!" Charmander yelled out, snapping Jake out of his trance. Walking over, Charmander moved the mirror into a Ray of sunlight, causing it to reflect against the leaves.

"Of course! Great idea! Ok, get into your position." Jake said as he turned and ran out into the dirt path once more. Looking around, he finally saw the group of Beedrill flying not to far away. Tilting the mirror at an angle, Jake successfully managed in getting the swarm's attention, blinding some while he was at it. "Perfect!"

Jake turned and ran back into the small forest, heading between two trees as the humming of the Beedrills got louder and louder. Finally, Jake turned around and saw the swarm flying towards him angrily, their spiked appendages sticking out at him.

"Almost...almost...nearly...NOW!" Jake yelled, giving Charmander the signal.

Nothing happened.

"NOW! NOW!! NOW!!!" Jake screamed frantically. Had Charmander deceived him? It wouldn't matter, Jake closed his eyes and prepared for the end.

THWACK!!

Jake slowly opened his eyes, stunned to see all of the Beedrill trapped under the net he and Charmander had set, all struggling to free themselves. Charmander suddenly jumped out from the tree top, smiling. Had he cut the rope when Jake had ordered, three or four of the Beedrill wouldn't have been captured.

"Charmander... thank you!" Jake exclaimed joyfully. He and Charmander turned away from their squirming foes, content with their victory, but Jake suddenly whipped around and faced them again.

"Almost forgot..." he mumbled, pulling out his Pokedex and pointing it at the Beedrill.

"Beedrill. The Bug-flying type Pokemon. Beedrill is extremely territorial. No one should ever approach its nest - this is for their own safety. If angered, they will attack in a furious swarm." said Jake's Pokedex.

"Awesome! One down, a hundred and something to go!" Jake said laughing.

"Char, char!" agreed the happy Charmander.

Heading down the road, the two partners thought about their journey to be, not noticing that it had soon become nighttime, the stars in the sky glowing like lanterns. Jake looked to the sky and took in a breath of cool, fresh air, along with new hope.

Wait, what was that sound?

Jake and Charmander whipped around, frightened to see twenty or so Beedrill approaching them quickly, a nerve wracking feeling in the atmosphere.

"No, this can't be happening, we... we must have not got all of them!" Jake yelled alarmed before turning to Charmander with wide eyes. "Run!"

Charmander turned and fled down the road, hoping he and Jake would soon find shelter, but it occurred to Charmander soon enough that Jake wasn't running with him; he hadn't moved from his spot, and had instead spread his arms wide open!

"Here! You want to hurt someone? Well, here I am! Do your worst, but leave Charmander alone!" Jake yelled angrily at the swarm. Of course, they didn't need to be told twice and immediately dove towards Jake, the stingers on their forelegs pointed at him.

Charmander stood, shocked. He wanted to help Jake, but his feet had been cemented to the ground by fear. He could have so easily just run away like Jake had told him too, run away and never look back. 

No, he wouldn't. Jake had stood up for Charmander, and had looked past his many faults and foul attitude. If there was one last thing Charmander could show, he would make sure it would be courage.

Putting his forelegs on the ground, Charmander raced towards Jake, the wind whispering to him  to move faster as he went. In a matter of seconds, Charmander raced his way up past Jake's shoulder, and, n the blink of an eye, jumped into the air towards the swarm.

"Char...man...der!!!" 

The sky was lit up so brilliantly that Pokemon and people for miles around saw it, thinking it to be a celebration of some sort.

Charmander rocked his head back and forth, before suddenly sitting up right. Where was he? His question was soon answered when he looked up and saw Jake's face staring straight ahead. Only then did Charmander notice that he was in the arms of his trainer, being carried along the road.

"Hey there, hope your feeling better." Jake said smiling at Charmander. "That had to be the most amazing fire attack ever last night; you knocked out every single Beedrill!"

"Cha..." The lizard Pokemon weakly whispered out before resting his head against Jake's chest.

"Try to conserve your energy Charmander, you're gonna - what's THAT?" Jake asked loudly, pointing at the thick, morning clouds.  Charmander turned his head, and saw what appeared to be a tiny, blue glowing figure up in the sky, slowly drifting around, be forming aerobatics and loops before disappearing into the clouds, leaving a trail of sparkling light behind which soon disappeared just as quickly.

"I think... I don't know, what was that?" Jake asked still in awe before smiling again. "Look Charmander! It's Viridian City!"

And sure enough, when Charmander looked over, he saw the beautiful city known as Viridian gleaming before him.

"Now, before I meet up with C.C. and Alex..." Jake pulled out his Pokedex and pointed it downwards at Charmander;

"Charmander. The fire type Pokemon. The flame that burns at the tip of its tail is an indication of its emotions. The flame wavers when Charmander is happy, and blazes when it is enraged. It stays loyal though thick and thin to it's trainer."

Jake smiled after closing the Pokedex. "Couldn't be anymore accurate could it?"

Charmander smiled before falling asleep once again as Jake carried him down the road to Viridian City, ready to truly begin their Pokemon Journey.      

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Episode 2:
Viridian City!

Jake dragged himself into the city's Pokemon Center, fatigue from staying up all night and carrying Charmander, not to mention the walk!

"Excuse me," Jake said to the lady behind the desk, "But could you -"

"Oh my!" exclaimed the shocked woman. "Your Charmander needs healing straight away!"

Almost immediately, the red haired woman swooped the unconscious Charmander from Jake's arms and took him into a back room, leaving Jake out all alone. It was only minutes before she came back out.

"Where's -"

"Resting. You really should take better care of your Pokemon." The nurse said in an annoyed voice. "Any proper trainer would know not to push their Pokemon so hard that it would black out while in the wild. You ARE a Pokemon trainer, correct?"

"Yes, I just started, I mean, I know a bit about Pokemon but-"

"But not that much." The nurse said, once again cutting Jake off, only this time in a kinder voice. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been so hard on you; I just get very concerned over injured Pokemon, that's all. May I see your Pokedex?"

Jake reached into his pants pocket and pulled out a small, red rectangle before handing it to the lady, who put it into a little slot on the machine in front of her, causing a green light and voice to go off:

"Greetings, I am the Pokedex of Jake Kuso the Pokemon trainer. Home town: Pallet, age: 16, number of Pokemon seen: 2."

The red haired lady pulled the Pokedex out of the machine before handing it back to the shocked Jake; who knew his Pokedex could do that?

"Alright, thank you. I needed to make sure you were a Pokemon trainer. Just go over and wait in the food court over there and I'll call you when your Pokemon is done healing." 

"Thank you." Jake said as he walked towards the buffet of food, the glorious smells wafting through the air, filling his nostrils. Jake's mouth began to water...until he realized he didn't have any money with him. Saddened, the new trainer slumped into a chair, waiting for his name to be called out.

"Howdy stranger." said a familiar voice. Jake turned around, shocked to see C.C. standing right before him! "Alex and I began to think you got eaten by a pack of Growlith...or rabid Pidgey."

"C.C.! You would not believe what  Charmander and I went through! First we - how'd you pay for that?" Jake asked, pointing to the plate of steaming food his friend was holding.

"What? Oh, Pokemon trainers don't have to pay for food at Pokemon Centers. Now-"

But C.C. had said the magic words; before he could ask where Jake had been, his friend took off and pushed through the buffet line before stuffing his face. C.C. sighed before sitting down.

"C'mon out Bulbasaur!" he said before tossing a Pokeball in the air, causing it to pop open and release a white light, which eventually took on the form of C.C.'s starter Pokemon.

"Bulbasaur!" The small green Pokemon said happily. 

"Here you go buddy." C.C. said kindly before giving Bulbasaur a small dish with some of C.C.'s food on it. Bulbasaur gorged on the fine delicacy of fast food as soon as it came into his reach, causing C.C. to smile.

"Your Pokemon isn't going to get very strong if you feed him stuff like that, and neither are you." said a voice from behind.

C.C. turned around, half expecting to see Jake or Alex, but faced instead looking at a boy, around his age staring back at him. The boy was kinda stout, but still a nit taller than C.C., along with black messy hair, but it wasn't nearly as bad as Jake's.

"Excuse me?" C.C. asked, not sure if the boy was talking to him.

"Did I stutter? I said that your Pokemon isn't going to get strong eating all that junk you give him." The boy said, pointing at Bulbasaur, who was by now also staring a t him curiously.

"Uh, who do you think you are?" C.C. asked, making sure his voice concealed his annoyance.

"Hayes is the name, Pokemon's my game."

'Hayes is the name, Pokemon is my game'? C.C. thought. 'What's with this guy?'

"Well, thanks for the advice," C.C. said, "but I'll train my Pokemon the way I want too."

"You're new, huh? Quite obvious. Well, see you and your Chunkysaur later." Hayes said as he turned towards the door.

Suddenly, C.C. stood up and spun around. No one was going to hurt his Pokemon's feelings! He was gonna teach this Hayes guy a lesson!

"Hey!" C.C. yelled, causing Hayes to stop and turn to face him. "I challenge you to a Pokemon battle!"

For a moment, the two simply stared at each other, the rest of the world blocked out from their mind's view.

"Meet me outside in five." Hayes said kindly with a small smile on his face.

Alex watched as his Squirtle swam about in the small fountain, grinning as it went. His Squirtle had been trying to escape to the fountain since he and C.C. had arrived in Viridian City, with Alex having to stop him every time. Eventually, Alex got tired of this and let Squirtle jump in after his sixth attempt at escape.

"Squirtle!" the tiny turtle Pokemon said joyfully.

"Yeah, yeah. Don't get used to it." Alex said playfully. He continued to watch his Pokemon until a figure approached him. Looking up, he saw a woman with blue hair and a police officer stairing down at him.

"Excuse me," she said, "I'm Officer Jenny of Viridian City. There have been reports of two criminals entering the city. Have you noticed anything suspicious?"

"What? Criminals? On what charge?" Alex asked concerned with Squirtle sticking his head out of the water, now interested as well.

"They have been stealing people's Pokemon and giving them to the head of the operation." said Officer Jenny. "They are known as Team Rocket."

"No, I'm sorry, but I'll keep an eye out for anything suspicious." Alex replied.

"Alright, thank you. Have a nice day you two." Officer Jenny said as she walked off down the road.      

"Team Rocket..." Alex said to himself as Squirtle jumped out of the fountain and shook himself off.

C.C. glared at Hayes, who had his arms folded and simply stared back at C.C. with an unreadable expression on his face. A gentle breeze blew across the small grassy area. C.C.'s adrenaline was going up and down, all through his body. This was his first Pokemon battle; he didn't want to mess anything up. He watched as Hayes plucked a tiny Pokeball from his belt and pressed a button on it, making it grow larger.

"Go, Twitch!" Hayes yelled out as he tossed the Pokeball into the air, resulting in it releasing a a small, purple Pokemon.

"Ratta!"

"What's that?" C.C. asked himself before pulling out his Pokedex:

"Rattata. The mouse Pokemon. Its fangs are long and very sharp. They grow continuously, so it gnaws on hard things to whittle them down. It is very fast and agile." 

C.C. closed his Pokedex and put it away before grabbing his own Pokeball.

"Go! Bulbasaur!"

Like Hayes', the Pokeball spun in the air before popping open and releasing a bright light, eventually turning into Bulbasaur.

"Saur!" Bulbasaur yelled out.

"Twitch, use Tackle!" Hayes yelled, not even bothering to wait for C.C. .

The small Pokemon ran towards Bulbasaur, eventually slamming his head against his side.

"Bulba!" Bulbasaur cried out.

"Bulbasaur, quick, use vine whip!" C.C. ordered, concerned.

Almost immediately, two long, dark vines stretched out from the sides of the bulb on Bulbasaur's back and raced towards Twitch, flailing wildly.

"Dodge and use quick attack." Hayes said, unimpressed. Twitch waited until the vines were close enough before jumping out of the way. Looking at his foe, Twitch began racing towards Bulbasaur at incredible speeds, making it seem like he was disappearing from left to right every second!

WHAM!

Bulbasaur cried out as he was thrown backwards and crashed into the ground. 

"Bulbasaur! Come on, you can do it!" C.C. cried out. Fortunately, this was enough to get the Pokemon back on his feet, still ready to fight. "Alright! Now, use razor leaf!"

"Bulba, bulba, bulba!" The tiny blueish green Pokemon yelled out as he fired multiple leafs from his bulb, each one flying at furious speeds towards Twitch.

"Quickly, dodge it!" Hayes yelled out, but Twitch was quick enough, and was hit full on by the assault, pushing him backwards. 

"That's what I'm talking about!" C.C. yelled out happily. "Now, use vine whip!"

"Twitch, counter with bite!" 

Just as the two dark green vines approached Twitch, the tiny Rattata jumped up and bit down hard on one of them, causing Bulbasaur to cry out, and began to swing his vines around in the air, Twitch still hanging on.

"Bulbasaur, focus!" C.C. yelled, but it was no use; Bulbasaur was in too much pain to listen to his trainer and continued to whip his vines around.

"Alright," Hayes said, "finish it off with tackle attack!"

Twitch suddenly let go of the vine he was on before beginning to fall towards the now relived Bulbasaur. Twitch quickly pulled his appendages to his side and began to fall faster and faster towards the unsuspecting Bulbasaur.

"Bulba!" Bulbasur cried out as Twitch's head made contact with his own. Bulbasaur watched as Twitch jumped off and ran towards Hayes before falling over.

"No! Bulbasaur!" C.C. yelled as he raced towards his fallen Pokemon. "It's alright, you deserve a rest."

C.C. held out his Pokeball and returned Bulbasaur to it before looking back up at Hayes, who had already returned his Pokemon.

"See? I told you, a fat Pokemon is a bad Pokemon. Unless it's a Snorlax."

"Snorlax?"

"Look it up." Hayes said as he walks away, his hands in his pockets.

Meanwhile, two people looked down at the two trainers from a nearby rooftop, very interested in the Pokemon that they had with them.

A little too interested.

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Alex walked into the Pokemon Center, ready to find some lunch. Unfortunately, all of the lunch had been eaten. And the breakfast. And dinner. Pretty much everything in sight had been eaten. 

"What the heck?" Alex wondered aloud, quite annoyed. It was then he noticed a boy sitting in a chair, a ton of food in front of him. Walking up behind him, Alex announced his presence through an odd way: "Having a grand old time there Jake?"

Jake looked up, half a rice all sticking out of his mouth. He broke it in half before and swallowed what was in his mouth before answering.

"Alex! My gosh, I had the worst time yesterday! First, there were these Beedrill and--"

"I don't wanna hear it." Alex said, laughing. Suddenly, his face darkened, along with his voice becoming more serious. "Hey, be on the lookout for anything suspicious."

"What? Why?"

"Two thieves have entered Viridian City, and the police are trying to hunt them down. Apparently, they're notorious for stealing other peoples Pokemon." Alex whispered.

"What? That's horrible!" Jake said, shocked. "Why would someone do that?"

"I don't know, but all we can do is watch out for our Pokemon." Alex said. "Amd speaking of Pokemon..."

Jake turned around, only to see Charmander jumping down from the counter top and running over to him before hugging his shins.

"Charmander!" Jake yelled happily, "Are you feeling better?"

"Char!" the small Pokemon cried out happily, flexing his arms.

"Yes, he's all better." Said the nurse as she came walking over, "Just make sure not to push the little guy too hard."

"I won't, thank you..."

"Nurse Joy." Alex whispered.

"Thanks Nurse Joy!" Jake said as he turned away and began walking back towards his food, Charmander's mouth drooling.

"I wouldn't feed him that." said a voice. Jake spun around, confused when he saw C.C. behind him.

"What? C.C. you just fed your Bulbasaur this stuff."

"Yeah, and it got him KO'd in a Pokemon battle." C.C. said, his head hanging.

"You battled?!" Alex and Jake exclaimed in unison, "Why didn't you invite us over to watch?"

"Look, that's not the point. The problem is-"

Before C.C. could finish, a lady cut right between the group, interrupting their conversation. She had long, blonde hair, with cold eyes.

"Uh, ever heard of manners?" Alex said, annoyed.

"Excuse me." The woman said emotionlessly, not even bothering to face the group.

"Rude..." Alex said. Suddenly, a low growl was heard; the three looked around, and eventually found that the source of the noise was Charmander! He was staring at the lady, gritting his teeth.

"Charmander?" What's wrong?" Jake asked as C.C. and Alex backed away.

"He's not gonna scorch us, is he?" C.C. asked nervously.

"No, we took care of that little problem. It just that...I don't know, theres something off about her..."

The thoughts of the woman soon passed as the TV came on, with Officer Jenny making an announcement about Team Rocket. Suddenly, the woman dropped her plate of food and rushed out the door.

"...ok, so C.C., who exactly beat you?"

"Come on, I'll show you." C.C. said as he walked out the door.

"He's over there, sitting on the bench." C.C. said, pointing over at Hayes. Jake and Alex walked over to Hayes, unsure of what to say.

"Uh..."

"Lemme guess, your friends of the guy I beat earlier, right?"

"Well, yes," Alex started, "but that didn't mean you had to be so rude to him."

"I wasn't. I simply said that if you feed your Pokemon fatty foods, they're gonna get fat." Hayes said as he handed Twitch a small piece of cake. He saw that Jake and Alex were staring at him, probably thinking of him as a hypocrite, making Hayes answer. "Hey, it's my birthday, cut me some slack."

Before Jake or Alex could say anything, the sound of an explosion suddenly filled the air, quickly followed by a dense cloud of smoke, blocking out everyone's vision.

"What's going on?!" Jake yelled, quite alarmed.

"We have to get out of here!" C.C.'s voice said, from somewhere in the darkness.

The four teens raced out of the park, using their poor memory to guide them out, but not without hitting a few trees. Once they were all out, they collapsed to the ground, desperatly trying to get fresh air into their lungs. Just as they began to calm down, Hayes' panicked voice filled the air.

"Twitch?! Where's Twitch?!" 

"Who?" Jake asked.

"His Rattata, it was with us just a second ago." C.C. answered.

Before anyone could say, act, or do anything else, two more voices filled the air:

"Prepare for trouble!"

"Make it double!"

"To Protect the world from devastation!"

"To unite all peoples within our nations!"

"To denounce the evil of truth and love!"

"To extend our reach to the stars above!"

"Jesse!"

"James!"

"Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!"

"Surrender now, or prepare to fight!"

"Meowth, that's right!"

The four teens turned around to see where the voices had emanated from, only to see two people, a man wit purple hair that ran down to his neck, and a woman with extremely long red hair that stick out about three feet behind her. They were both dressed in what appeared to be a white uniform, the man wearing long pants while the woman wore a short skirt. On both of their shirt was a big, red "R", and what appeared to be a cat Pokemon stood between them.

"Look! They've got Twitch!" Hayes yelled. And sure enough, the Pokemon in the middle was holding a small net with Twitch on his back, squirming.

"Hand over your Pokemon twerps!" yelled out the woman, frightening the four teens.

"Do it and no one gets hurt!" yelled the Pokemon. Curious to as what Pokemon it was, Alex pulled out his Pokedex and pointed it at him.

"Meowth, the scratch cat Pokemon. Meowth withdraw their sharp claws into their paws to silently sneak about. For some reason, this Pokemon loves shiny coins that glitter with light."

"Wait, a Pokemon that talks?" Jake asked.

"Wow, you catch on fast." The man said sarcastically before rolling his eyes. "Lets get out of her Jesse!"

"Right behind you James!"

The three villains ran off with Twitch still in the net, squealing for his trainer to save him, for anyone to save him.

"Twitch!" Hayes yelled as he took after Team Rocket, the others right behind him.

Eventually, Jake, C.C. and Alex stopped and leaned against the wall of a building, exhausted. They half expected to see Hayes, but he was still chasing them.

"This is hopeless," Alex said, "Even if we do catch up to them, what do we have that they don't?"

Jake smiled as Charmander jumped off of his shoulder. 

"Great Pokemon."

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

"Let him go!" Hayes yelled angrily as Team Rocket turned around yet another corner.

"Not even in your dreams!" Jesse yelled back. 

Hayes gritted his teeth in anger and annoyance as he too turned around the corner. As he did, his anger quickly contorted into surprise and fear; in front of him was a field, but that wasn't what worried him. What worried him was that there was a giant ballon that looked like a Meowth in the middle of it.

"N-no!" Hayes said in disbelief. "You can't do this! It's stealing!"

"Whats your point?" James said as he stopped to look at the helpless teen. "That's the sole purpose of Team Rocket kid."

"Get in the ballon you idiots!" Meowth piped up, "Before the police get here, or worse!"

"Please," Jesse said irritated while climbing into the ballon basket, "What could be worse than the police?"

"Charmander, use ember!"

"Squirtle, water gun!"

Suddenly, a strong jet of water shot out from behind Hayes, knocking James to the ground, which was quickly followed by a small jet of flames, forcing Jesse and Meowth to jump out of the basket. When Team Rocket looked up, they were infuriated to see C.C., Jake and Alex running towards the field, their Pokémon right next to them.

"Why you little!" Jesse yelled out angrily as she pulled out a Pokéball, "Go! Ekans!"

The Pokeball whirled in the air for a second before popping open and releasing a light, that of which took on the form of what appeared to be a purple snake. Instinctively, Jake whipped out his Pokédex and pointed it at the new Pokémon:

"Ekans. The snake Pokémon. An Ekans curls itself up in a spiral while it rests. This position allows it to quickly respond to an enemy from any direction with a threat from its upraised head."

Putting his Pokédex away, Jake gritted his teeth before confronting Jesse again;

"Give us back Twitch, it's your last chance!"

"Ekans, use poison sting!" Jesse yelled, completely ignoring Jake's request. 

"Kans!" the purple Pokémon cried out before emitting dozens of white needle like objects at Charmander.

"Charmander, dodge and use scratch!"

Charmnader narrowly avoided the assault by jumping into the air and hurling himself at Ekans, his claws stretched out.

"Quick, use tail whip!" Jesse screeched out annoyed. Ekans quickly flipped herself to face the opposite direction and whacked the small orange lizard away with it's tail, knocking him backwards.

"Char!" Charmander cried out as he hit a tree.

"To easy." Jesse said smugly.

Alex, C.C. and Hayes sprinted over to the green basket tied to the ballon, prepared to save Twitch, when suddenly, C.C. was tackled to the ground!

"Bulba!" Bulbasaur yelled out, quite alarmed. Hayes and Alex turned around to see a purple, floating Pokémon, hovering over C.C.'s head, smiling.

"Great job Koffing!" James yelled as he ran up behind his Pokémon, "Now, tackle these other kids and let's scram!"

"Squirtle!" said the tiny turtle Pokémon as he jumped in front of Alex.

"I'll get rid of you right now!" James yelled. "Koffing, use Tackle!"

Koffing sped towards Squirtle, emitting gas as he went. Just as he was about to hit the tiny blue Pokémon, Alex piped up; "Squirtle, use rapid spin!"

Almost immediately, the tiny turtle withdrew all of his limbs into his shell and began to spin quite quickly. It was mere seconds before Squirtle took to the air and rammed Koffing, knocking him to the ground.

"Get up!" James ordered, "Use smog!"

"Koff!" the fiendish Pokémon said as green fumes began to pour from the pores all per his body, which quickly began to slither towards Squirtle, frightening the poor Pokémon into withdrawing onto his shell.

C.C., being worried, quickly pulled out his Pokédex; "Koffing. The poison gas Pokémon. Koffing embodies toxic substances. It mixes the toxins with raw garbage to set off a chemical reaction that results in a terribly powerful poison gas. The higher the temperature, the more gas is concocted by this Pokémon."

"Oh my...Alex!" C.C. yelled, but it was too late; Squirtle was trapped within the swirling green gases, blocked from view.

"Squirtle? Squirtle, stay in your shell! Try to limit your breathing!" Alex yelled to the cloud, "I'll save you!"

Alex turned and looked at C.C. and Hayes before telling them to save Twitch. The two teens nodded and quickly ran towards the balloon. Alex turned back and gritted his teeth, feeling quite uncertain of what to do.

"Kans!" Ekans hissed out as it slithered closer to the dazed Charmander, showing off its fangs as it did.

"Cmon Charmander, get up!" Jake said, distressed.

"Forget it kid," Jesse said, "your Pokémon is as good as gone."

Jake gritted his teeth. "No! Charmander, use ember!"

"Use bind!" Jesse commanded.

Ekans hissed before jumping into the air, it's mouth hanging open. Just as Charmander stood up, he was knocked back down from the giant snake. Ekans wasted no time in wrapping her body around Charmander's, squeezing every last bit of air out.

"Char..." Charmander wheezed out as Ekans constricted him even more.

"Charmander! Look, I know you can do it!" Jake yelled across. Finally, Charmander made eye contact Jake, setting a spark off in his spirit. Jake smiled as he began to relax; Charmander would take it from here.

"Char!" Charmander yelled as he let loose his ember attack, blasting Ekans backwards, freeing himself in the process.

"What?!" Jesse exclaimed as she took a step back, "You twerp! Ekans, use bite!"

"Ekans!" Exclaimed the slithering foe as it tried to bite Charmander's leg.

"Charmander, dodge and use scratch on it's face!" Jake yelled. Charmander quickly reacted and sidestepped the assault before raking his claws down Ekan's facade.

"Kans! Kans!" Ekans yelled out as it straightened out and began thrashing about in pain.

"Ekans, focus!" Jesse yelled angrily, "Use tail whip!"

"Ek...ans!!!" yelled out the Pokémon as it sent it's tail flying into Charmander's stomach, knocking him down.

"Good, now, finish this pest of with bite attack!" Jesse screeched, pointing at Charmander.

Once again, Ekans jumped into the air, displaying it's fangs as it began to descend upon it's prey. Charmander saw this and looked at Jake, who was merely smiling. Realizing his intentions, Charmander's muscles began to relax, knowing what was coming.

It wasn't long before Charmander felt Ekans' mouth clamp around him. His tail to be more specific.

"Kans!" Ekans yelled as it let go and squirmed about - it's mouth was burning!

"You numbskull! Why would you bite it's tail?!" Jesse yelled. "Could you not see the fire? Did you -"

"Finish it off with another ember attack Charmander!" Jake yelled.

"Charmander!!" screeched the small orange Pokémon as he unleashed a jet of flames from his maw, striking Ekans and finally knocking her out.

"No!" Jesse said as she returned Ekans. "Well, I've still got that Rattata..." 

Before she could say anymore, she saw Jake turn and run towards the balloon, Charmander right behind him.

Alex began to sweat; time was running out for Squirtle, and he still hadn't come up with a plan! Clenching his fists, Alex closed his eyes, desperately thinking of something to save Squirtle. Suddenly, his eyes popped open.

"That's it!" Alex yelled with glee. "Squirtle, use water gun, and don't let up!"

Out of the thick cloud came a jet of cool, blue water, hitting Koffing in the face.

"Stand -- I mean, float your ground!" James yelled to Koffing, how did as ordered. Still, the water did not stop. 

After a few minutes, James realized that his toxic cloud was beginning to disappear. "What gives?! Koffing, keep it up!"

But as James looked at Koffing, he noticed the smog was becoming thinned and thinner, with his Pokémon shaking violently. Soon, there was no more gas left, leaving Squirtle free to breath.

"Squirt!" Squirtle cried out, taking deep breaths as he did

"What?! Why'd he stop?" James asked.

"If you bothered listening to the Pokédex entry, maybe then you'd realize that Koffing isn't good against the cold, and that's what stops him from produce smog." Alex said confidently. "Once I realized that, I made Squirtle spray Koffing with his water gun, which, in case you didn't notice, has quite a cool temperature."

"So that means..." James said, horrified.

"Yup, you're done for. Squirtle, let's finish this battle with a bang! Use rapid spin!"

"Squirtle!" 

Squirtle once again pulled all of his limbs into his shell and took to the air before ramming Koffing and sending him to the ground, defeated.

"Koff..." James whimpered. When he looked up, he saw Alex and Squirtle heading towards his balloon. "This isn't over..."

"Quick, before those freaks realize what we're doing." Hayes said as he and C.C. approached the green basket.

"Bulbasaur, use vine whip to pick up Twitch!" C.C. said as they stopped.

"Saur!" Bulbasaur responded with as two green vines came out from under his bulb and disappeared per the side of the basket.

"Bulba!" Bulbasaur yelled out in pain as he quickly withdrew his vines. The source of his pain was revealed when Meowth jumped on the basket's rim.

"Whaddya think you're doing?" Meowth said, quite displeased.

"Lets see, um, oh yeah, getting back my stolen Pokémon. nothing out of the ordinary." Hayes said sarcastically. 

"No, you're not." Meowth said, narrowing his eyes.

"C.C.!"

"Hayes!"

C.C., Hayes and Meowth looked behind and saw Jake and Alex sprinting towers them, Pokémon by their side.

"Jake, Alex!" C.C. said, "this irritant won't move."

"Well, just pick him up and move him." Alex suggested. Everyone looked as Meowth extended his claws. "Um, maybe not."

"Back away twerps." said a familiar voice. The four turned around, shocked to see Jesse walking up, James right behind her. "Or Ekans and Koffing will make short work of not your Pokémon, but you."

"No!" Hayes yelled out, "I'm sick of today! If you don't give me Twitch back right now, I swear I'll -"

"Poison sting!"

The four teens and three Pokémon jumped out of the way as Ekans fired it's poison sting all over.

"Now, if you value your lives, you'll step aside you-"

"Use slam!"

Suddenly, a large, purple bulk slammed into Ekans, knocking it down and out.

"Muuukkk...." the bulk said as it squirmed around before 'standing' upright and revealing it's true form. It looked like...well, a purple bulk. It had what one could supposedly call a mouth and two eyes, with something that resembled an arm, but other than that, it was just...well, no one knew.

"Eww!" the four yelled out as they clenched their noses.

"What is that thing?" Alex asked, still clenching his nose as he pulled out his Pokédex:

"Muk. The sludge Pokémon. From Muk's body seeps a foul fluid that gives off a nose-bendingly horrible stench. Just one drop of this Pokémon's body fluid can turn a pool stagnant and rancid."

"Well, it got the smell down." Hayes said with a nasal voice.

From behind Muk stepped forward a lady, a quite familiar one actually.

"Hey, isn't that the lady that pushed by us in the Pokémon center?" C.C. asked.

"Yeah, I think so." Jake said, staring blankly at her.

"Team Rocket," the woman started," I order you to leave this city at once!"

"You order us?!" Jesse asked challengingly. "Who do you think you are?!"

"Yuna. Now, do as I say. Or else."  

"Or else what!?" Jesse screamed. She would make quick work of this annoyance. "Koffing! Ekans! attack!"

"Hey, that's my Pokémon!" James said in a whiny tone, only to get slapped in the face by a paper fan from Jesse.

"Ekans, use poison sting! Koffing use...what ever you know!"

Ekans jumped into the air and fired dozens of white needles at the sludge Pokémon while Koffing closed in for a tackle.

Unimpressed, Yuna ordered Muk to retaliate; "Use sludge bomb."

Mmuuuukkk...." the Pokémon groaned as it shot it's arm forward an unimaginable distance, knocking both Pokémon unconscious.

"Return!" Jesse and James said as their Pokémon were engulfed in a red light and returned to their Pokéballs. Turning around, the hopped into their balloon and almost immediately took to the sky.

"We'll be back! This isn't the end of- wait, where's the Rattata?" James asked. Looking over the side, they saw Bulbasaur setting him down gently onto the grass. Seeing his master, Twitch rushed towards Hayes and cuddled up to him.

"Ah! You insignificant, small, lifeless- uh oh." Jesse said as Jake, Alex and C.C. turned to face them, an angry expression on their faces.

"Ember."

"Razor leaf."

"Water gun."

The three Pokémon looked up and yelled out before unleashing their power, tearing a hole in the ballon and sending it sailing off into the sky.

"Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off!" said the three villains as they disappeared into the distance.

"Thank you so much!" Hayes said, walking over with Twitch in his arms. 

"No problem." Alex said.

"Yeah, really." Jake added.

"Our pleasure." C.C. finished.

"Well, I'm headed off to Pewter City." Hayes said as he turned an began to walk away.

"To get a gym badge?" C.C. asked.

"You and your chunkysaur can figure that out."

C.C.'s face turned red as he and Bulbasaur growled at their new rivals as they walked away.

"Hey, thanks for- Yuna?" Jake said as he beg looking around. Yuna was gone, almost as though she had disappeared into thin air.

"Well, that's just creepy." C.C. said.

"It is nearing Halloween after all." Alex said.

"Goodbye!" the three friends called out to Nurse Joy as they headed north. Nurse Joy had let them stay the night at the Pokémon center, free of charge, and had told them that in order to get to Pewter City, they had to cut through Viridian forest.

"Alright! Stay safe, and tell my sister I said 'hi' when you get there!"

And so, the three friends waved goodbye to the kind nurse before heading towards Viridian forest, prepared to continue their adventure. It took them about forty minutes to finally make it to Viridian forest. Stopping at the entrance, they all marveled at the beauty fall had brought upon them, stealing the leafs green and replacing it with red, orange and yellow.

"Wow," Jake said as they continued to walk in, "it amazing!"

"I know, relaxing too. I love the cool weather." Alex said.

Before Jake could respond, a strange cry filled the air;

"Peeee!"

"What the?" Jake said as the three whipped around. On the ground, not too far away, way a small, green, Pokémon. Curious, he put his Pokédex to use:

"Caterpie. The worm Pokémon. Caterpie has a voracious appetite. It can devour leaves bigger than its body right before your eyes. From its antenna, this Pokémon releases a terrifically strong odor from it's antenna."

Alex, C.C. and Jake simply stared at it for a moment, and Caterpie didn't break eye contact either.

"You gonna fight it or what?" Alex asked Jake.

Slowly, Jake reached into his pocket and froze for a minute. Then, he swiftly pulled his hand out, revealing a red and white sphere, causing Charmander's, Alex's and C.C.'s eyes to grow wide as he tossed it at Caterpie.

"Go! Pokéball!"

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Episode 3:
We gotta catch em' all!

"Go Pokéball!"

The Pokéball whirled towards the Caterpie at tremendous speeds, until finally hitting the small bug on the forehead before clicking open. In under a second, Caterpie was transformed into a red light, which seemingly was sucked into the Pokéball before it snapped shut and fell to the ground.

"Whoa," Alex said, "it's that easy?"

"No." Jake said, not taking his eyes off of the wriggling Pokéball. "It's all about luck."

The three watched to Pokéball move; back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. After moving back and forth a few more times, the unexpected happened: it stopped. A low beep was emitted from the Pokéball as it's actions finally died.

For a moment, the trio of friends simply stood there, shocked. They didn't know what to do, to say. Suddenly, the realization kicked in, sending Jake into a frenzy.

"I-I did it! I caught a Caterpie!" Jake said before literally leaping through the air and picking up the Pokéball. "Yeah! This is the first step to me becoming a Pokémon master! Woohoo!"

Alex, Charmander and C.C. watched, quite embarrassed as Jake performed jumps and spins, showing off the recently filled Pokéball.

"You're that excited over catching a Caterpie?" said an all to familiar voice.

Jake and C.C. whipped around, while Alex didn't even bother, but instead released a low moan.

"What are you doing here?" Alex sake din an irritated voice before turning around to face his rival, Chris. "Shouldn't you be off gloating somewhere?"

"Aw, no hello?" Chris asked sarcastically. "Well, I shouldn't be surprised, you never were good at that."

"Get lost. Why are you even here?" Alex asked annoyed, taking a step forward.

"Catching Pokémon." Chris answered before turning to Jake and looking at his Pokéball. "Good Pokémon."

"Hey! Stop being so rude Chris." C.C. piped up. "What Pokémon do you have anyway?"

"A real Pokémon master doesn't show off their Pokémon. Unless, it's in a battle."

"Fine! Let's battle!" Alex said, storming forward.

"One on one?" Chris asked.

"All on all." Alex said angrily. "In other words, we use all of our Pokémon."

Alex and Chris stood opposite from each, glaring deep into each others eyes.

"Why did Alex request all on all?" C.C. asked Jake. "He only has one Pokémon, for all we know, Chris could have six!"

"It's a pride thing." Jake replied. "Alex wants to have every challenge come at him all at once, trying to show he's stronger."

C.C. simply nodded and looked ahead, with Charmander and Bulbasaur sitting next to each other, having what seemed to be a discussion of some sort.

"Go! Squirtle!" Alex called out as he threw Pokéball, clicking open and releasing his Squirtle.

"Squirtle Squirtle!" the tiny turtle called out.

"A Squirtle? Interesting, but my starter is even better; go Eevee!" Chris called out as he threw a Pokéball into the air, revealing a tiny, brown and fury Pokémon.

"What's that?" Alex asked, his Pokédex already out:

"Eevee. The evolution Pokémon. Eevee has an unstable genetic makeup that suddenly mutates due to the environment in which it lives. Radiation from various stones causes this Pokémon to evolve."

"Thats an odd Pokémon." Alex said to himself, "But we'll beat it! Squirtle, use water gun!"

"Squirtle!" Squirtle did as ordered and opened his mouth, releasing a jet of cool water, sent speeding straight towards Eevee.

"Dodge and use Tackle." Chris said calmly. Waiting until the last second, Eevee jumped out of the way and ran full speed into the shocked Squirtle, knocking him over.

"Squirt!" Squirtle cried out as he slid across the ground.

"Quick! Get up and use your own Tackle!"

Squirtle quickly got up and began running straight towards his opponent, prepared to use all of his weight to bring Eevee down.

"Double team!"

"Ve!" Eevee cried out. Suddenly, the air around Eevee began to twitch and darken. Within a split second, Squirtle was surrounded by ten Eevees! Not noticing this at frost, Squirtle continued to run at Eevee, only to pass right through it!

"Whoa!" Jake exclaimed, "Whats going on?"

"Double team is a bad situation to get stuck in," C.C. said, "especially if you-"

"Not that, my Pokéball!" Jake said. C.C. looked at Jake's belt, and saw what he meant; one of them was wriggling wildly! Suddenly, it popped open, releasing a white light which soon took on the form of Caterpie!

"Pe!" cried out the tiny green caterpillar.

"I guess he wanted to be out with the other Pokémon." C.C. said as he crawled over to Bulbasaur and Charmander, who welcomed him happily. Looking back, they saw Squirtle was desperately trying to hit one of the Eevees, only to miss every time.

"Quick, try rapid spin!" Alex called out, frustrated.

"Squirt!" Squirtle said as he tucked all of his limbs into his shell and began to quickly spin until he was in the air. The flying shell quickly flew towards three Eevees, making two disappear and knocking one backwards, revealing the true Eevee.

"Use quick attack!" Chris called out. Eevee nodded before taking off at a blinding speed. As Eevee approached the floating shell, he jumped, ready to hit it, only to be blasted back from it's momentum!

"Eevee! Quick, use double team again!" 

Once again, the air around Eevee began to shimmer before transforming into other Eevees.

Caterpie looked up from his conversation and felt a sinking feeling as he watched the battle go on. It began to bother him that Eevee had all this power.

"Squirtle, use water gun!" 

Squirtle landed and put his limbs out before standing upright. Opening his mouth, he let loose another jet of water, trying to find the true Eevee.

"Use quick attack." Chris said with his arms folded. He watched as every Eevee struck Alex's Squirtle, inflicting more and more pain on him until he fell to the ground again. Finally, there was only one Eevee, standing a few meters from Squirtle.

"Use Tackle attack!" both trainers cried out at once, making their respective Pokémon jump back up and run at each other full speed. Closer. Closer. Closer.

"Squirt!"

"Ve!"

The two Pokémon halted to a screech and quickly covered their noses- something stunk! All eyes turned to where the scent was strongest: Caterpie. It's horn was glowing a dim red, and was releasing a foul odor!

"Return!" the two trainers said as they withdrew their Pokémon.

"Theres no point in continuing the battle." Chris pointed out as he walked away. "Since I won."

"What do you mean?!" Alex called out, "It was a tie!"

"I have more Pokémon. Therefore, I win." Chris said. 

The three watched as Chris disappear deeper onto the forest until he was put of sight, leaving Alex enraged.

"What are you gonna do?" C.C. asked, keeping his distance.

Alex waited a moment before turning to answer:

"Catch some Pokémon."  

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Alex whirled around and began stomping into the forest, absolutely determined to capture a Pokémon.

"Wait Alex!" C.C. said as he ran after Alex, Bulbasaur by his side, "You-"

"C.C., if you want to become a Pokémon master, you need to capture some Pokémon." Alex said, still walking. "You can't just have one Pokémon, no offense Bulbasaur."

"Saur." Bulbasaur replied as he turned his head away.

"But Alex, do you know the first thing about capturing a Pokémon?" C.C. said, desperately trying to stop Alex, "Can't it wait until tomorrow?"

"No, I need to capture one now." Alex said impatiently. "Besides, Jake caught one, so how hard can it be?"

The annoyed face of Jake suddenly appeared in the background, glaring at Alex menacingly, daring him to insult him again.

"No, what I meant was...uh...Caterpie! Caterpies are weak to begin with, so Jake had an easy catch." Alex said.

Behind Jake, Caterpie lowered his head in sadness, with Charmander quickly rushing over to console him. C.C. didn't even have to turn around to feel the daggers Jake was throwing at them with his glare. Instead of covering up his mistake, Alex had only made it worse! Just as Jake took a step forward, Alex grabbed C.C.'s arm and sprinted into the forest, Bulbasaur in hot pursuit.

Sighing, Jake turned around and advanced towards Caterpie.

"Hey, don't let him get you down," he said, "He didn't mean it anyways. Every Pokémon has a strength."

"Pee..." Caterpie said quietly as Jake returned him to his Pokéball. Standing up, Jake began to walk in the opposite way that Alex and C.C. had gone.

"Cmon Charmander, guess we should try to catch some more Pokémon too."

C.C. shivered as a cool autumn breeze blew through the forest of changing colors. He could've put on a jacket that was in his backpack, but he couldn't be bothered. That and he was pretty sure his arms had been frozen to his chest.

"Bulb..." Bulbasaur managed to whimper out as he shivered too. Pulling out his Pokéball, C.C. prepared to return Bulbasaur to his Pokéball, but was stopped short as Alex pushed it back down.

"Not yet." he said, "I think I heard something."

"I don't hear anything." C.C. said, "Maybe you're hearing things? Anyways, I'm gonna return Bulbasaur before he freezes to death-"

"There it is again!" Alex whispered nervously.

C.C. stopped talking and listened. Was that sound the footsteps of a Pokémon walking on the dried leafs? Or was it just the leafs being blown by the wind? 

"Are you-"

"Shut up!" Alex whispered angrily, "you might scare it away!"

Annoyed that the Pokémon might get away or attack without warning, C.C. became very annoyed, how was he supposed to catch something he couldn't locate? Then, in the back of C.C.'s brain, a memory of school came forth. He remembered learning something about the human senses; if one of the five human sense are eliminated, the others become stronger and more accurate. Deciding to give it a try, C.C. decided to eliminate his sight. Closing his eyes, he listened and waited...waited...waited...wait-

There.

"It's over there!" C.C. yelled as he opened his eyes and pointed to a bush on his left. "Bulbasaur, use razor leaf!"

"Saur!" Bulbasaur cried out as he fired six whirling leafs from the bulb on his back, each one disappearing into the red colored bush. Not even a second later, what appeared to be a small, redish bird Pokémon jumped put and face the group.

"Row!" it cried out.

"What is that?" C.C. asked.

"Spearow. The small bird Pokémon. Spearow has a very loud cry that can be heard over half a mile away. If its high, keening cry is heard echoing all around, it is a sign that they are warning each other of danger."

C.C. looked at Alex just in time to see him putting away his Pokédex and pull out a Pokéball.

"Alright, my first-"

"No, no, no!" C.C. said annoyed. "I'm catching him!"

"No way! I called dibs on him!"

"But I attacked him first!" C.C. said as he pulled out a Pokéball of his own.

"Go Pokéball!" both trainers yelled out as they tossed their Pokéballs at the tiny Spearow. Faster and faster they spun, approaching Spearow at a rapid pace, both trainers rooting for their Pokéball to hit first...."

Suddenly, Spearow was hit by a Pokéball and engulfed in a red light before being sucked in.

"Alright!" Alex yelled as C.C.'s Pokéball rolled away harmlessly. "I caught a-"

Alex hadn't noticed the Pokéball wiggling on the ground, and was quite shocked when Spearow popped back out.

"Row!" Spearow cried out angrily.

"What?" Alex asked himself in disbelief.

"I think you have to weaken a Pokémon first before you capture it." C.C. said, his arms folded.

"Fine; go Squirtle!" Alex yelled as he tossed Squirtle's Pokéball into the air, releasing him.

"Squirtle, Squirtle!" 

"Alright, use bubble!" Alex said, pointing confidently at the small bird.

Opening his mouth, Squirtle took a deep breath before exhaling, expelling multiple bright blue bubbles that slowly drifted towards Spearow. Slowly, they crept towards him. Slowly. Very slowly. Unbelievably slowly. Okay, you get get the point, I'm moving on.

Just as the bubbles were about to reach Spearow, the small red and black bird easily side stepped it. Literally. Everyone watched as a cool breeze blew them into a tree harmlessly.

"Impossible!" Alex yelled, "That should've cause damage!"

"Key word; should've." C.C. said as he rolled his eyes.

"Squirtle, try water gun!" Alex said, completely ignoring C.C., "Quickly!"

Squirtle did as ordered and opened his mouth, unleashing a torrent of water that completely engulfed Spearow, pushing him against a tree. Eventually, the water died down, revealing what appeared to be an unconscious Spearow.

"Awesome! Go, Poké-" Alex started, but was abruptly cut off by Spearow's cries.

"Spearow! Spearow!" the bird squawked angrily. In under a second, the bird took flight and briefly circled Squirtle before assaulting him with his tackle attack, knocking him down.

"Squirtle! Cmon, get up!" Alex yelled in desperation, but it was no use, Spearow had him pinned to the ground.

"Do something!" C.C. ordered Alex. All Alex did was stand there, tense. C.C. wasn't surprised, he had seen Alex freak out in situations in school before. Not wanting Squirtle to get hurt, C.C. offered Alex to use rapid spin.

"...yeah, right. Ok, Squirtle use rapid spin!"

In an instant, Squirtle retracted all of his limbs into his shell and began to spin. Faster and faster until he finally levitated off the ground! Spearow was tossed into the air, but quickly recuperated himself and soared around, the spinning shell chasing after him.

"Alright!" Alex yelled excitedly. There was no way Spearow could keep this up.

"Careful," C.C. piped up, "Squirtle can only sustain so much energy until he crashes."

"Please, he's doing great!"

Suddenly, Spearow's cry was heard, making both trainers look upwards. They saw Spearow had bravely turned to face his opponent, and was flapping his wings furiously, greeting a gust that sent Squirtle crashing.

"Squirtle-" Alex started, but couldn't finish his sentence as Spearow jumped onto his face, causing him to freak out, leaving C.C. tapping his foot impatiently for a few minutes.

"Oh for Pete's sake!" C.C. yelled; he had waited to long. Grabbing the Pokéball that Alex had dropped, he marched over to Alex and Spearow. Raising the Pokéball, he swung it hard onto the bird's head so hard that he fell to the ground unconscious.

"Go Pokéball." C.C. said calmly as he dropped the Pokéball, engulfing Spearow in the familiar red light. This time however, the Pokéball didn't even wiggle. Picking it up, C.C. thrust it at Alex.

"There, your first Pokémon. Have fun." 

"Thanks...C.C., there's-"

"I don't care," C.C. said, cutting Alex off, "That was supposed to be my Pokémon, and you just had to claim it."

"But C.C., if you-" 

"I mean, what kind of person does that? And you're my friend!"

"Look!" Alex said, turning C.C. around. Shocked, C.C. simply stared for a minute before slowly pulling out a Pokéball.

"Caterpie, use Tackle!" Jake yelled.

Caterpie lunged for his opponent, but ended up missing...again. Caterpie let out a low, sad moan as the Pidgey landed in a tree branch and looked at him mockingly; they had been at this for a good fifteen minutes, and Caterpie had only managed to hurt itself.

"Hey, don't worry Caterpie." Jake said, walking over to the sad little bug.

"Well, that's not how you catch a Pidgey." said a voice.

Jake turned around, only to see a teen, about his age, with blonde hair, a bit brighter than C.C.'s, walking towards him.

"What do you mean?" Jake asked.

"I mean, Caterpie is a bug type. Pidgey is a flying type. They're natural enemies."

"Well, what do you recommend I use?" Jake asked a bit rudely, slightly embarrassed.

"Go!" the boy said as he pulled out a Pokéball, "Bolt!"

Suddenly, the Pokéball clicked open to reveal a white light, which soon took on the form of what appeared to be a yellow and brownish Pokémon. It was under a second until Jake had his Pokédex out:

"Pikachu. The mouse Pokémon. This Pokémon has electricity-storing pouches on its cheeks. These appear to become electrically charged during the night while Pikachu sleeps. It occasionally discharges electricity when it is dozy after waking up. A Pikachu's electricity can match that of several lightning bolts."

"Whoa," Jake said as he slipped his Pokédex away, "that's one strong Pokémon."

"You bet it is." the trainer said confidently, "Now, use thunder-shock Bolt!"

"Chu!" Bolt cried out. Suddenly, a wave of electricity surged out of the tiny mouse Pokémon, striking Pidgey and knocking it unconscious (and out of the tree for that matter).

"Well? You gonna catch it?" the trainer asked the embarrassed Jake. "Or do I need to show you how to that too?"

Jake bit his tongue as he tossed the Pokéball, capturing the Pidgey not long after. Normally, he would have been overjoyed with catching a new Pokémon, but was to irritated at the moment and simply picked up the Pokéball.

"What's your name anyway?" Jake asked cautiously.

"Ben." he said, "This is Bolt, my Pikachu I caught here a while back."

"Chu!" Bolt said happily as he waddled over to Charmander and Caterpie.

"And you are..."

"Jake. I'm from Pallet town."

Before anymore could be said, a high pitched, girlish scream filled the air, getting everyone to look up in alarm.

"Oh C.C. ..." Jake said as he returned Caterpie to his Pokéball and ran in the direction of the scream.

"H-hey! Wait up!" Ben yelled before running after Jake, Bolt clinging to his leg for dear life.

"Shut up!" Alex yelled at C.C., who was frolicking around, kicking up leafs as he went. "Honestly, your screaming is giving me a headache!"

"I don't care!" C.C. said joyfully. He suddenly whipped out a Pokéball and showed it off to Alex, twisting it in all different directions. "Can your Spearow beat this?"

Suddenly, the sound of crunching leaves filled the crisp air. Alex and C.C. turned around, met with Jake and Charmander running at them, with another teen not far behimd, a motion sick Pikachu on his leg.

"What happened?" Jake asked.

"Well, I just caught a Pokémon!" C.C. chirped out happily. He held put his Pokéball, which clicked open, releasing a small, blue Pokémon that stood on four legs.

"And listen to this." Alex said as he showed Jake his Pokédex;

"Nidoran. The poison pin Pokémon. Nidoran has barbs that secrete a powerful poison. They are thought to have developed as protection for this small-bodied Pokémon. When enraged, it releases a horrible toxin from its horn."

"See? He had to catch one that could poison us." Alex said, "Keep an eye on him."

"Actually," Ben said, taking a step forward, "Males are purplish, and females are blue, so this one is a girl."

"Who are you?" Alex asked curiously.

"I'm Ben. I have..."

Soon, all four came together and began taking turns telling each other about themselves while the Pokémon began to play with each other.

No one was aware of the eyes peering at them from behind a nearby tree.  

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Later that night, the four teens decided to camp out under the stars instead of continuing all the way to Pewter City. Luckily, Ben happened to have a tent with him. Everyone's feet were sticking out at one time or another, but still, it was better than the cold, hard ground. 

Earlier, Jake tried to convince Charmander to get into his Pokéball so he wouldn't freeze. Charmander had refused, and tried to get into the tent, but that nearly burnt it to the ground, resulting in Jake chasing Charmander around for a good half an hour, getting singed hair before forcing Charmander into his Pokéball.

Satisfied, Jake closed his eyes, ready to drift off to sleep...

"Hey," Ben said as he poked Jake awake. "You awake?"

"No." Jake said annoyed before rolling over.

"You know, you don't have to sleep in my tent." Ben said.

"Fine, what do you need?" he said, sitting up, "Lets talk about it outside so we don't wake Alex and C.C., ok?"

Carefully, Jake and Ben slipped out into the cold, dark night, their fears creeping up on them in the shadows, finding a way to slither into their minds.

"It's creepy out here." Jake whispered, "I swear, the only reason it's dark at night is so there is less things to distract you from your fears."

"You said it..." Ben said, staring at the sky.

A moment of silence passed between the two before Jake pipped up.

"So? Why'd you drag me out here?"

"Well," Ben started, "I thought we could have a battle."

"What?!" Jake said, a bit louder than he intended, "It's past midnight!"

"Suit yourself." Ben said as he shrugged. "But come with me, I want to show you something."

Jake watched as Ben turned and headed into the forest. He debated whether he should go back into the tent, but ultimately decided to go with Ben so he didn't get hurt.

Besides, Alex and C.C. snored.

"Well, we're here." Ben said as he stopped.

Jake stopped as well before looking around; it was...a meadow. Just a meadow. There were a bunch of leafs on the ground, and some dead leafless trees...but that was it.

"Wonderful, thanks for making me walk a mile and something. What is this place?"

"It's somewhere I used to come to all the time when I was a kid." Ben said, "Look, it has these strange kind of flowers that slightly glow."

Ben pointed at Jakes feet, revealing a flower. Bending down, Jake looked closely at it...it was glowing! 

"What does it do?" Jake asked as he stood up.

"What does it do?" Ben repeated. "Does everything have to do something?"

"Well, no, but I mean a that it would be... did you hear that?"

"What?" Ben asked.

"...there's something else here." Jake said panicking.

The two looked around as the sound became louder and louder, the thing not even trying to soften it's foot steps. It soon became evident that whatever it was, the thing was making circle around them.

Jake froze. Something at the back of his mind began tugging at his attention...no, it couldn't be, that had happened when he was a kid...it wasn't real, what he had seen was a mirage or something.

"No!" Jake yelled, "Go away! You're supposed to have gone away! You're not real!"

"What are you doing?" Ben asked, "It's just a person, look."

Jake opened his eyes, only see a woman with blonde hair walking towards them.

"Yuna?" Jake asked shocked, "what are you doing here?"

"Be careful, you never know what you'll find in this forest." Yuna said, completely ignoring Jake's question.

"What do you-"

"Give me your Pokémon."

Jake stood there, stunned.

"Excuse me?" he asked.

"I'm sorry, do you have hearing problems? Hand. Over. Your. Pokémon."

"No! Yuna why are you acting like this? Last time, you helped us defeat team Rocket and save Hayes' Pokémon."

"I never intended to help you. We simply shared a common goal; to defeat Team Rocket."

"What are you saying?" Jake asked her defensively.

"I'm saying I don't care if Hayes' Pokémon was caught or not. Pokémon are simply tools for human's use. In order to become the Pokémon Champion, I need as many Pokémon as possible. It doesn't matter if they get hurt, that simply means they are weak."

"Do you hear yourself?" Ben asked angrily. "What's your problem?!"

"Enough of this! Are you going to hand over your Pokémon or not?" Yuna asked in an intimidating tone.

"No way!" Jake and Ben said in unison.

"So be it." Yuna said before pulling out a Pokéball, "Get them Muk."

The Pokéball clicked open, releasing the purple mass that Jake had seen in Viridian City.

"Muuuukkkk..." 

"Use sludge bomb."

Suddenly, Muk raised his arm, unleashing a torrent of purple sludge at the two teens. Ben and Jake managed to dodge the torrent at ten last second by throwing themselves to the side. Looking back up, they saw a nearby tree had been knocked over, and near completely destroyed.

"Fine," Ben said, standing up, "Wanna battle? Go, Bolt!"

The Pokéball Ben was holding clicked open, unleashing Bolt.

"Pika!" Bolt said angrily at Muk.

"Bolt, use Thunder-shock!"

Bolt crouched down and suddenly unleashed a wave of electricity, striking Muk. Bolt kept at it for a few more seconds before letting up to see his result. To his surprise, Muk was still standing, completely unfazed.

"Are you done?" Yuna asked, "Use focus punch."

"Muk!"

Muk raised a fist in the air, which almost immediately began to glow a light blue. Bringing it back, Muk thrust it forward, knocking Bolt a few dozen meters away.

"Chu!" Bolt cried as he crashed to the ground, bruised.

"Bolt!" Ben cried as he ran over to the fallen Pokémon before picking him up and coddling him.

"Muk, finish of this nuisance."

"Muuukkk.." Muk said as he raise his fist once again.

"Use ember!" Jake called out.

Suddenly, Muk was knocked over by a small jet of flames, getting a low moan from the sludge monster.

Yuna looked over and gritted her teeth. This kid and his Charmander would pay dearly for interfering with her plan.

"Muk, use sludge bomb again!" Yuna yelled.

"Counter with Ember!"

The two attacks clashed together in mid air, resulting in a blinding explosion, knocking both trainers off their feet.

"Muk, keep fighting!" Yuna called out as she struggled to get up off the ground. "Use focus punch!"

Charmander had no time to react, and soon met the same fate as bolt. Muk then turned to the injured Jake and beg advancing towards him quickly, ready to annihilate him.

"Use gust and Water gun!"

"Use razor leaf and poison sting!"

Muk suddenly cried out as he was struck by a barrage of attacks, forcing him back. Looking up, Jake saw Alex and C.C. rushing towards him, with all of their Pokémin rushing behind.

"Bulbasaur, go check on Charmander." C.C. ordered. Bulbasaur nodded and rushed off to see his comrade. Alex suddenly turned to Yuna, a frown on his face.

"What's your problem? Spearow, use gust again!"

"Row!" Spearow yelled as it took to the air once more, and began to flap it's wings furiously, trying desperately to knock Muk back. However, due to Muk's mass and weight, it had little effect.

"Pidgey, I choose you!" Jake said weakly. The Pokéball popped open, releasing the small Pidegey.

"Gey!" the bird chirped out angrily. Without having to be told, Pidgey took to the air and began to aid Spearow, stopping Muk in his tracks for the time being.

Alex rushed over and helped Jake up carefully; he had bruises and cuts all over him.

"What are you doing here?" Jake mumbled out.

"Saving your butt." Alex replied, keeping an eye on the two bird Pokémon, "We heard commotion and saw you were gone, so C.C. and I followed the noise, and, well, here we are."

Jake and Alex looked over and saw C.C. aiding Ben and Bolt to them, while Bulbasaur was doing the same with Charmander.

"Muuukkkk!!" Muk said in a low moan. Jake and Alex turned to see the gigantic blob reaching up and slamming the two birds to the ground.

"Gee!"

"Row!"

"Return!" Jake and Alex called out right before the two hit the ground, engulfing them in a red light which was quickly sucked into the Pokéballs. 

C.C. and Ben suddenly appeared at Jake's side, helping him up with the Pokémon appearing right behind them.

"What do we do?" C.C. asked in a panicked voice, "That thing is a powerhouse!"

"I don't know..." Alex said sadly, "Ben, can your Pikachu do anything?" 

"I don't think so, it's nearly knocked out." Ben said as he picked up Bolt.

"So is Charmander." Jake said, "Ok, let's see; our bird Pokémon are knocked out, Charmander and Bolt are nearly unconscious, Squirtle and Nidoran's attacks won't have much effect due to Muk's body type, so that leaves us with..."

"Caterpie." Alex finished.

"So we can kiss our butts goodbye." C.C. and Ben threw in.

Jake hung his head in sadness. He had traveled all the way from Pallet town  with the intentions to go on a Pokémon journey. No, he wouldn't let this happen, he would go down fighting.

"Caterpie! I choose you!" Jake said as the Pokéball popped open, releasing the cute worm Pokémon.

"Pee!" Caterpie cried out furiously at Muk.

"Well, well, well. Your this desperate to save yourself?" Yuna asked "Quite sad really. Now, Muk, crush these pests to death...starting with Caterpie."

"Muk!" the sludge Pokémon cried out as it nearly flew at Caterpie.

"Pee!" The small Pokémon said as it cowered in fear, shaking violently. Suddenly, voices pierced the air.

"Cmon Caterpie! You can do it!" C.C. yelled.

"Show him who's boss!" Alex added with a smile.

"Lets go Caterpie!" Ben yelled.

"Caterpie, listen to me," Jake added in, "People may say your weak at times, but you can't listen to them; you have to prove them wrong. Everyone has their own strength and weaknesses, some more than others, but you never back down."

Caterpie turned around and stared Jake in the eye for a moment, their minds clicking. Turning back, Caterpie stood it's ground before crying out at Muk.

"Pee!"

Suddenly, a fine, white mist sprayed out of Caterpie's mouth, covering Muk and blocking him from view. Not a second later, Caterpie stopped, revealing what appeared to be a big, grayish white ball of silk.

"Mmkk!" said a murmured voice from the gigantic ball. Caterpie had actually trapped Muk in a ball of silk!

"What?! Impossible!" Yuna cried out in distress. "Muk, get outta there!"

"Pee!" Caterpie cried out before tackling the ball, sending it rolling towards Yuna. Yuna screamed and turned before hightailing out of view, with 'Muk' in pursuit.

"Alright Caterpie!" Jake yelled as he ran over and hugged the small worm.

"Pee!" Caterpie chirped out happily.

"See ya!" Ben called out to the trio as they walked away from him, heading deeper into the forest. "I'm expecting a battle next time we meet!" 

"You'll get one, trust me!" Jake called back before turning and walking further down the road in silence.

"So, what were you screaming about last night?" Alex asked once they were far away.

"What?" Jake asked curiously, Charmander now looking up.

"You said something not being real." 

"Oh, that." Jake said as he blushed, "it's nothing really."

"Cmon, tell us!" C.C. begged.

"Well...ok, I'll say it once and nice only. When I was five or so, I walked into the nearby forest we always used to play in and...well, I'm not making this up, but-"

"A scaly green monster jumped out at you?" Alex asked.

Jake stood, stunned. "Wha- How'd you-"

"That was us!" C.C. said before laughing, "We dressed up to freak you out, and it worked!"

"Hold up, you mean to tell me that you two scarred me for life, just to get a laugh? Oh, it's on. Charmander, must I say it?"

"Char." Charmander said emotionlessly as his flame increased in size.

C.C. and Alex looked at each other before taking off down the path, with Charmander and Jake following close behind, yelling threats.

They didn't realize just what they were going to run into.

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Episode 4:
Halloween

Hallow's Eve. A night when all of the ghosts and ghouls come out to play, and when children dress up to obtain candy and more. However, it is not only a night for just treats, but also tricks. Most of these tricks are quite funny to watch, while others...not so much. However, it is also a night of terrifying experiences, some more than others. Now, let's see what our three friends are up to, hmm?

Jake, C.C. and Alex lugged themselves over yet another hill in Viridian forest, trying to find their destination; Pewter City. However, they weren't having much luck, especially since everything looked the same.

"C.C., are you sure we're going the right way?" Alex asked as he collapsed onto the ground, panting.

"I'm positive," C.C. answered, still looking at the map, "we're...only a few miles."

"Lemme see that," Jake said as he snatched the map out of C.C.'s hands. "C.C., we're more than a few miles...like ten miles away!"

Alex let out a loud moan as his face landed into the dirt. They had been going at this route for two days straight after saying farewell to Ben, and it seemed like it would never end.

"Well...I can't help how long it is!" C.C. yelled at Jake as Charmander slid off of Jake's shoulder and waddled away.

"You're right, but you could have picked a shorter path!" Jake yelled back.

"Char!" Charmander's voice rang out from behind a bush.

"Fine, you wanna pick a path?" C.C. asked challengingly, completely ignoring Charmander.

"No, it's your job!" Jake said as he thrust the map back at C.C. again.

"Char!" Charmander cried out again from behind the bush.

"Since when is it my job?" C.C. asked annoyed, "You can pitch in as well!"

"No, you were-"

"Char!!" Charmander cried out, scorching C.C. and Jake's hair.

"Guys, look!" Alex said as he pushed past the bush where Charmander was at. "It's a town!"

Jake and C.C. looked at each other before sprinting over to where Alex was, to see what he meant. When they got there, they saw what appeared to be a small town in a crater, all of it's buildings old fashioned and close together. The ground was actually orange from the fallen leaves.

"That's weird." C.C. said.

"I know, who lives in a crater?" Alex and Jake asked at the same time.

"No, what's weird is that it isn't on the map."

Alex and Jake suddenly whipped around, staring at C.C., trying to comprehend what he had just said.

"The map is probably just outdated. This is probably a new town." Alex said.

"In the middle of the forest?" Jake asked.

"Well, let's go find out." C.C. said as he pointed at one of the sides of the crater, "Look, a path leading down to it. Let's go."

Yuna looked down at the town and growled. How had she ended up here? She had encountered it three times before, and every time turned in the opposite direction and walked away, only to end up on another end of the crater! Irritated, she walked down the path in front of her, passing a sign as she went.

"Nightmoon Town." She read out quietly, simply from boredom. Not even bothering to take a second look, she continued down hill, hoping someone could tell jeer how to get to Pewter City.

Hayes sat in the hotel lobby, looking around; it was pretty old fashioned, he wondered how long this place had been around. Looking down, he saw Twitch curled up in his lap, quietly sleeping, his chest slowly rising and falling.

Hayes looked back up as he saw another boy, maybe his age, sit down in a couch across from him, who held out a Pokéball.

"Cmon out Bolt." The boy said as the Pokéball clicked open, releasing what Hayes recognized a small Pikachu.

"Chu..." the small mouse Pokémon said as it hopped into its trainer's lap before falling asleep as well.

"Cute." Hayes said quietly, careful not to wake the two Pokémon.

Ben looked up for a second before smiling as well and nodding. "Yeah, I know. I like your Rattata, it's coat is beautiful."

"Thanks." Hayes whispered back. "Hey, is your Pikachu-"

"What kinda of hotel is this?! Hello? Excuse me, I require service!" yelled a voice, startling the two Pokémon, resulting in them yelling out and falling to the floor.

Hayes and Ben whipped around, only to see another teenager at the empty front desk, yelling for service. The two Pokémon tried to stand up, but quickly collapsed from fatigue.

"Hey!" Hayes yelled, "Shut up! You just woke up the Pokémon!"

"Seriously, can you not read the sign?" Ben asked, "It clearly says that service will resume in five minutes."

"But I need to get a room right now!" The teen said, annoyed.

"Well, that's too bad," Hayes said sarcastically, "Now sit down..."

"...and shut up." Ben finished.

The teen looked at the two trainers before sighing and placing himself in a chair between them, followed by an extremely awkward silence.

"I'm Ben." Ben said, trying to break the silence.

"I'm Hayes, nice to meet you guys." Hayes quickly followed up with.

"Chris." The teen said, his arms folded.

Another awkward silence passed between the three before Ben thought to try and break the silence again with a joke. Before he could however, the door swung open, revealing three weary travelers. 

"I still can't believe you did that." Alex said to Jake.

"It was an accident! If I had known there was a thorn bush below, I would never have pushed you."

"Sure, cause you never saw the sign that-"

Suddenly, all six pairs of eyes locked themselves into a staring contest with their opposite across the room.

"You?!" All six trainers asked each other at the same time. "What are you doing here? Me? No, you! Stop it!"

"Excuse me!" said a voice from the counter. "Check in is available...now."

All six teens walked into the spacious room that had ten doors on the left hand wall; they had all decided to eventually split the money they had to rent out a section of the hotel in which they had their own meeting room, that was attached to their rooms, plus more. At the moment, everyone was sitting in the 'main room' as they called it, all around the table in silence.

"Well," Alex said as he stood up, "Not that this isn't fun and all, but I'm gonna go out and explore this place."

"Don't get lost, like that time at school-" Chris started.

"We were nine years old!" Alex yelled out, "Let it go!"

"Whatever," Chris said as he stood and began going for the door, "I'm heading out as well."

Just as Chris approached the door, it flew open with such force, he was knocked back into the arms of Alex (and he quickly stood up from that), with three people quickly walking in with backpacks. 

One of them had brown, bushy hair, and was a bit stout, with a backpack that was brown and black, a few red dots on it. The next one to walk in was a bit taller, about six feet, and had short black hair, with a streak of bright purple down the left side of his head, his backpack being smaller than the last, but simply a dark purple.

Finally, the last person; this one caught everyone's attention. He was taller than anyone in the room, about six foot two, and had golden hair that went down to his shoulders. On each side of his golden hair was a line of brown, with a streak of bright red going down the middle, almost glowing.

"Um, who are you?" Hayes asked the three.

"I'm Henry." The teen with curly brown hair said as he walked over and shook Hayes' hand.

"Barago." said the one with purple in his hair before sitting down.

"I'm Kristijan!" said the final one. "Wow, this place looks great! So do think that-"

"Wait, why are you guys even here?" Jake piped up, "I mean, we payed for it. You must be lost. Here, I'll just-"

"No, we're also staying here since we payed for the other rooms. There are spares, aren't there?" Barago asked.

"Um, yeah," Ben said. "It's just that we weren't expecting anyone else."

"Well, here we are." Henry said. "Now, cmon out Kabuto!"

A  Pokéball suddenly rolled out of his hand and onto the ground, popping open to release what was a small, brown Pokémon with red eyes and yellow legs.

"Kabuto!" Kabuto said. 

"What the..." Alex asked as he pulled out his Pokédex.

"Kabuto. The shellfish Pokémon. Kabuto is a Pokémon that has been regenerated from a fossil. However, in extremely rare cases, living examples have been discovered. The Pokémon has not changed at all for 300 million years."

"Um, wow." C.C. managed to get out.

"I can't-" Jake started.

"Gar..." said a voice. 

Everyone in the room turned around stunned to see a dark purplish Pokémon staring at them- while floating in the air. Suddenly, Hayes, Jake, Alex, C.C., Chris, and Ben let out loud screams as the thing floated closer.

"What is that?!" Jake screamed as he fumbled with his Pokédex.

"Gengar. The Ghost Pokémon. No additional information presently available."

"Say what?!" C.C. yelled out terrified.

"No! Gengar, what did I tell you about scaring guests?" Barago asked sternly as he stepped forward. Slowly, the Gengar floated down, a huge grin in it's face.

"Gar..." it said sadly.

"It's alright, you didn't mean it." Barago said before hugging Gengar.

Suddenly, the door flew open, bash against the wall. Everyone turned to see who had done it, but all they saw in the doorway was a dark silhouette, the figure staring at them...  

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Everyone stared at the figure in the doorway, waiting for it to move. It was actually quite creepy, the silence in the room. Finally, after a few minutes of tension flow g through the air, the figure took a step into the room and revealed itself.

"Yuna?!" Alex, Jake and C.C. all yelled out in surprise.

"I'm not happy about this either," Yuna said as she put her bag down in a chair. "But it was the last available room."

"Hey, your that lady who saved Twitch!" Hayes said happily.

"Don't." C.C. said to Hayes. He saw the look on everyones faces and quickly filled them in on what had happened between them (plus Ben) and Yuna two days prior.

"So wait, I'm sharing a room with a criminal?" Chris asked.

"Pretty much." Ben said as he threw his bag next to a door.

"Look," Yuna said sternly, "like I said, I'm not happy about this. But if we stay out of each others way, no one gets hurt."

"Why should we trust you?" C.C. Kristijan asked, quit annoyed.

"Because, I'm in the process of cleaning up my Pokémon from a mess it got into a few days ago." Yuna said as she shot Jake a dirty look, only to have him roll his eyes at her.

"Well, I'm heading out," Jake said as he stepped out the door, "gotta get ready."

"For what?" Henry asked.

"Halloween." Jake replied. "Gotta get my Pokémon ready for tonight."

"Oh! I wanna come!" Alex called out excitedly as he ran after Jake.

"What about me?" C.C. asked.

"Cmon." Jake said. C.C. ran after him, the door slamming behind him. Soon, everyone follow after; Ben with Hayes, Kritijan with Henry, Barago with Chris, and finally, Yuna left, all alone.

"So, what are we gonna do first?" C.C. asked excitedly.

"Well, I was thinking, since we're too old to go trick or treating, why don't we take our Pokémon, that way-"

"We can dress them up as a goblin, but only four, because that's good luck for Goblins." Alex said with pride.

Jake and C.C. rolled their eyes. It was always Halloween when Alex began to act like this. Since they were kids, Alex had always been the one who watched horror movies that were meant for adults, and was always into the creepy stuff. At one point, Jake and C.C. tried to join in with him, only to lay awake in bed for the following weeks.

"As I was saying-" Jake began.

"Maybe a ghost instead...huh, but witches aren't as prone to that..." Alex wondered aloud.

"Guys, look!" C.C. said excitedly. They both looked up and saw a Halloween store (from what they could guess, with the decorations and all) about a block away.

"Awesome!" Alex yelled as he sprinted to it.

Once the three got there, they stared into the window; it was full of cobwebs, masks,       Jack-o-lanterns and more. All the equipment needed for a perfect Halloween. Without hesitation, Alex walked over to the door with C.C. and Jake, and flung it open. 

"Ahhh!!" Jake and C.C. screamed; not two feet from the group was what appeared to be a creature of some sort, it's head was like a light green, with large bumps everywhere. It's eyes were red, with a small black pupil in the middle, it's fangs long and white. The thing hissed out at the group before grabbing Alex's arm.

"Let me go!" Alex yelled out, terrified. "Do something you guys!"

"Uh, Charmander, use ember!" Jake said, frozen in fear as the creature tried to pull Alex into the store, making more hissing noises.

"Char!" Charmander yelled out as it spewed flames at the creature, to which it dodged.

Standing back up, the creature gazed at the trio, who stood petrified. No one else was out on the streets, so no one had noticed what was going on. Suddenly, the creature raised a hand and brought it to it's face...before tearing it off and revealing the face of Chris underneath it.

"You-you guys-" Chris tried to get out, but couldn't from bursting into a laughing fit. "Priceless!"

"Chris! You gave me a heart attack!" C.C. yelled angrily.

"Honestly! Don't do that!" Jake added.

"Calm down, it wasn't scary." Alex said. C.C. and Jake looked at him in disbelief; that wasn't the impression he gave off a few seconds ago. "Nice try Chris. Now, let's go guys."

As the three stepped past Chris, Jake looked back at him, a glare in his eyes.

"You're gonna pay for that." Jake promised.

"Relax, it was just a Halloween joke!" Chris said, still laughing. Jake sighed before walking into the store.

Inside, the walls were covered with freaky looking clown decorations, cobwebs, costumes, you name it. But, it wasn't your everyday Halloween store...it was...scary. Truly, scary. Not to mantion, the only light was from the big glass window and a few candles.

"Guys!" called a voice. The three looked and saw Hayes and Ben walking towards them, small costumes in their arms.

"Oh, hey." C.C. said, "Those for your Pokémon?" 

"Yeah, Chris helped us pick them out." Ben said.

"Check out Kristijan over there." Barago said as he walked up, laughing. Everyone looked over and saw him desperately trying to get a mask off of his head.

"Hey, does this make Kabuto look fat?" Henry's voice rang out ad he walked over, Kabutl in his arms, a thin, blue sheet hung from his shell.

"Uh, what's that supposed to be?" Jake asked. 

"He's gonna be a shooting star, see, that's the tail of the comet. That way, when he crawls, it will look realistic." Henry chirped happily.

"Um, ok. Yeah, looks great." Barago said, resulting in Henry almost skipping to the clerk.

"You guys should grab some costumes before they're all gone." Kristijan said, finally getting the mask off. "Although...has anyone else actually seen people in this town? Like, normal customers other than us?"

"...actually, no." Ben said, "It's kinda weird."

"Enough chit chat!" Alex yelled out, "Time for Halloween!"

"Without further ado..." Alex said to everyone, "I present...Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtle!"

Suddenly, Squirtle jumped out from behind a curtain, a red blind fold around his eyes (eye holes cut out obviously) and holding plastic nun chucks.

"Squirtle!" Squirtle yelled out happily, swinging the nun chucks around.

"And now...Spearow, the ghost!" Alex finished, Spearow flying out behind, a freaky ghost costume draped over him.

"Awesome!" C.C. exclaimed while the others clapped. "Now, I present...Bulbasaur and Nidoran, the pirates of the seven seas!"

Nidoran and Bulbasaur waddled out from behind C.C.'s legs, wearing Pirate hats, eye patches and peg legs.

"Saur!" Bulbasaur cried out as it lost it's balance and fell over, resulting in Nidoran laughing.

"That's cute." Hayes said as Jake walked up.

"Now, put your hands together for...Pidgey the witch, and his magical broomstick, Caterpie!"

Suddenly, Pidgey flew over a shelf, with a witches hat on his head, while it carries Caterpie with ease. Who was wearing a small broom outfit, giving the appearance of Pidgey floating on him.

"And now...Cubone!" Jake yelled out happily as Charmander walked around a corner, a fake Cubone skull on his head.

"That's really cool!" Kristijan said, "but a Pidgey? Is that all?"

"What do you mean?" Jake asked.

"Nevermind, I'll show you later." Kristijan smiled as he walked out the door

"Well, let's get back to the room and get our Pokémon ready." Chris said. He and everyone began to walk out the door- until something caught Jake's eye. Curious, he slipped down one of the isles to see what the little light was. At the end, Jake saw it was a single, small book, with dust all over it, a small lamp shining on it.

"You want it, don't you?" said a voice. Jake whipped around and saw an old man, pale as could be, with long grey hair staring at him.

"Excuse me?"

"You like creepy stuff, don't you?" he asked.

"Usually." Jake said with a small smile on his lips.

"You like to scare people, don't you?" he asked in a husky voice.

Jake stared at the man. What was with him? He continued staring at the man, not daring to answer.

"Cmon, you love it." he said, almost in a whisper.

"So," Jake said, changing the subject, "where do you get this stuff?"

"I'm a collector," the man said, "we're here for Halloween, and that's all."

Jake remained silent before answering; "Um, I gave to go now..."

"Do you like to read?" the man said as Jake turned away, making him turn back.

"Uh, yes." Jake replied, getting a bit freaked out.

"Allow me to show you the book section." The man said calmly.

"Actually," Jake quickly said, "I have to go."

Jake quickly turned away and began walking, turning around the nearest corner, prepared to leave the store.

"It's back there." 

Jake skidded to a halt as he laid eyes on the old man in front of him. How had he done that?! By now Jake was freaking out, but tried to hide it.

"Um, ok." he said as he turned back the way he came and ended up at the lone book again.

"It's truly a scary book." The man whispered as he walked up behind Jake.

Jake picked it up and looked at it...it was made out of old leather, with a lighter color in the middle, with what appeared to be...he couldn't make it out. When he tried to open it, he found out the book was closed by a lock.

"Um, could you just..."

"If you want to read it," the man said, "then you must buy it."

"Ok...how much is it?" Jake asked.

"How much are you willing to pay?" the man countered with.

"Uh..." Jake said as he reached into his pocket, "I have four Pokédollars and eight cents-"

"SOLD." The man said as he snatched the money from Jake and dragged him outside before tossing him a small key. When Jake looked back up, he saw the door slammed shut, with a 'closed' sign on it.

"That's weird." Jake said as he pushed the key into the lock of the book. Suddenly, a click was heard, and the cover fell over, revealing a blank page.

Just as Jake was about to close it, the wind suddenly picked up, flicking the pages back and forth. The wind began to grow stronger and stronger, causing Jake to panic. When he looked back down, he saw the blank page now had something written on it:

"WARNING: Do NOT read out loud!"

Not taking a second thought, Jake slammed the book shut. Suddenly, the wind stopped. It didn't even slow down, it simply...stopped. Freaked out, Jake put the book in his bag and sprinted back to the hotel room.

A few hours later, Chris laid in his bed, staring at the ceiling fan. He was still chuckling to himself at how'd he scared Jake, Alex and C.C. so badly, even if Alex wouldn't own up to it. Taking in a breath, Chris let out another chuckle.

Suddenly, he jolted up; what was that creaking noise? He looked over to the left corner of the room and saw the closet door was open a bit.

"Must be one of those cheap doors that never close." he said to himself.

Chris spun himself around and got up to close the door, his hand out stretched- when it suddenly creaked open a tiny bit more. Chris froze. Why was it doing that? As he took another step, he heard a low...breathing noise fill the silent room. A cold shiver ran down his spine. Everyone else was in their rooms, he had checked, except for Jake, last he'd been seen was at the Halloween store. Wait, that's it, it must have been Jake!

"Ha ha, I wasn't scared at all Jake. Now get out of my room." Chris said annoyed. 

Chris waited a few more seconds of nothing happening, and took in a breath. This was annoying, Jake shouldn't have just walked into his room without asking. Chris threw his arms to his side and began marching towards the closet ready to kick Jake out.

"Didn't you hear me? I said get-"

Chris' sentence was cut short as a long, green arm shot out of the closet and grabbed his hand.

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Episode 5:
The Boulder Badge!

"Finally!" Alex yelled before collapsing to the ground from fatigue, "I thought we would never get here!"

The three friends looked up at the city that laid not far from them, the one that they had been striving for for so long.

"I know, it seems like forever, but we're almost there." C.C. said happily. "Let's stop for a quick rest though, we can --"

"No way!" Jake yelled, "It's right there! Pewter City, here I come!"

"Jake! We have to stay together! Don't do this --" C.C. yelled, but it was no use; Jake wouldn't listen and was sprinting towards Pewter City already. C.C. sighed before turning around. "Charmander, could you use an ember to... Charmander?"

C.C. let out a little laugh as he watch Charmander sleep quietly next to Alex, who was as well in a deep sleep before sitting down and pulling out two Pokéballs.

"Bulbasaur, Nidoran, come on out!" C.C. called as they both popped open, releasing white lights that eventually took on the forms of his happy Pokémon.

"Saur!"

"Nidoran!"

"Here you go," C.C. said as he held out a handful of brown Pokémon food pellets, "Eat up!"

Bulbasaur and Nidoran called out happily before munching down on their snack.

"What's going on?" Alex said groggily as he and Charmander both got off the ground, quite slowly. "Where's Jake?"

"I'm just feeding my Pokémon a snack," C.C. said as Bulbasaur let out a beltch, "and Jake, he ran off to he city."

"Char?!" Charmander cried out before turning around and running up the path that led to Pewter City, eager to catch up to his trainer.

"Jake is gonna pay for leaving him behind." Alex said.

"Excuse me." said a voice. Alex and C.C. turned around to see a man in a trench coat, wearing a black hat and shades, hiding most of his features. "But you wouldn't happen to be challenging the gym up ahead, would you?"

Alex and C.C. stared at the man, dumbfounded that a stranger that just popped up out of no where was asking them questions.

"Well?" the man asked.

"Oh, uh, yeah." Alex said, "see, we want to become Pokémon masters."

"Of course you do," the man said. "But do you know what the Pewter Gym specializes in?"

C.C. and Alex remained silent.

"Rock Pokémon!" The man exclaimed, smiling, "You're gonna want a water Pokémon on your team to beat the Gym leader, and I can sell you each one for a mere 500 Pokédollars!"

"Oh, well, I already have a water Pokemon," Alex said as he let his Squirtle out of its Pokéball. Almost immediately, the man frowned upon him and turned his back to Alex before continuing to C.C..

"I bet you don't have a water Pokémon?"

"No, but I have a Bulbasaur. And grass is super effective so --"

"Listen kid, grass ain't gonna cut it. Bulbasaur will be annihilated by the Gym leader's Pokémon. So you wanna buy this Pokémon, trust me."

C.C. looked at the Pokéball the man was holding uneasily before looking back up at him.

"Nice doing business with you." The man said before turning around and walking away the way he came.

"Whatever." C.C. muttered, quite fumed he had spent most of his money. "C'mon Alex, let's go."

"C'mon Squirtle and Spearow." Alex said before his Pokémon ran up next to him and continued talking to each other.

Jake walked out of the Pokémon center, pondering what Nurse Joy had said to him and why: "We hope to see you again!" . What was that supposed to mean? She wanted Jake's Pokémon to get injured again?

Jake shook it off before walking up to a large map of Pewter City, trying to locate the gym, but it wasn't long before he heard a familiar noise...

"Char! Char char char, mander, char!"

Jake turned to the left, only to immediately throw himself to the ground to save himself from being scorched by the torrent of flames. He looked back up to see an annoyed Charmander staring him down.

"Oh, hey Charmander," Jake said nervously, "I knew I missing something."

"Char..."

"Charmander, please don't kill him." Alex said as he walked around the corner.

"Too many witnesses." C.C. smiled. "Ready to take on the Gym Jake?"

"Once I find it." Jake said pointing to the map.

C.C. walked over to it and began looking all over before pin pointing his finger on it. "It's just around the corner. Ready?"

"You bet." Alex said as he began walking around, followed by C.C. and Jake. In only a few minutes, they were standing outside a large gray and orange roofed building with the words 'Pewter Gym' up on a sign. 

The trio walked in with their respective starter Pokémon following close behind, nervously looking around the dark room.

"New challengers?" a voice called out from the darkness. Suddenly, the lights came on, revealing a teenager, about their age or older, standing on a platform. "It has been a while since my last battle."

Alex, Jake and C.C. all looked at each other. Were they supposed to say something?

"I'm Brock, the Gym leader. Defeat me and you get the Boulder Badge. Lose, and well, guess you're not as good as you thought. Who's first?"

"I am." C.C. said as he took a step forward, smiling confidently as he gripped his new Pokéball. Bulbasaur let out a gasp before taking a small step back.

"Well, let's see if you're worthy of the badge, shall we?" Brock said as he walked onto the battle field, grabbing a Pokéball. "Go, Geodude!"

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

The Pokéball that Brock threw towards he arena clicked open mid-air, releasing a bright, white light, which took on a roundish brown form on the ground.

"Did he just send out a rock?" Jake asked as he, Alex, and their respective starter Pokémon made their way along the stands before sitting down. Looking back at the object, Alex pulled out his Pokédex:

"Geodude. The rock Pokémon. When Geodude sleeps deeply, it buries itself halfway into the ground. It will not awaken even if hikers step on it unwittingly. In the morning, this Pokémon rolls downhill in search of food."

Alex clicked his Pokédex shut and stared at Geodude; now that he knew it was a Pokémon, he began to make out the features of shut eyes and a closed mouth. Suddenly, two eyes appeared on the rock, followed by a mouth opening, releasing a cry.

"Dudddee!" The rock Pokémon cried out before bashing its fists together.

"He doesn't look too friendly."  Alex said nervously to Jake, who simply nodded. Looking over, they noticed a man in a yellow and black bar shirt walking over to the field:

"The challenger may use two Pokémon, and Brock one, due to the amount of challengers and dividing the Pokémon equally." he called out.

C.C. guessed that he was the referee for the match before turning back and throwing his own Pokéball out.

"I choose you!" C.C. called out, "whoever you are!"

"Whoever you are?" Jake asked Alex.

"It's a long story." Alex said without even turning to face Jake.

The Pokéball spun in the air for a moment before releasing its own light, which also landed on the ground, taking on a strange form before finally dying down and revealing the Pokémon.

"Karp, karp, karp!" the orange, fish-like Pokémon called out as it flopped around helplessly on the battle field.

"Oh jeez, please don't be -" C.C. started.

"Magikarp. The fish Pokémon. Magikarp is virtually useless in battle as it can only splash around. As a result, it is considered to be weak. However, it is actually a very hardy Pokémon that can survive in any body of water no matter how polluted it is. It is horrible in terms of strength and speed. It is truly a pathetic and horrible Pokémon. In addition -"

"I get it already!" C.C. yelled at his Pokédex before putting it back in his pocket. "Well, Magikarp is a water type...maybe he can pull something off."

"Let the match begin!" the referee called out before backing away.

"Alright Geodude, use Tackle!" Brock called out. Geodude suddenly thrust itself through the air, sailing right towards Magikarp.

"Quick!" C.C. called out to the flopping fish, "dodge it!"

Magikarp stopped flopping for a second a stared at C.C. quietly before resuming its behavior, allowing Geodude to slam right into it, sending it flying across the arena.

"KAARRPP!!" Magikarp called out, still flopping about in the air before hitting the ground.

"Great job, now use slam attack!" Brock called out.

"Geo!" Geodude called out before throwing itself straight up into the air, prepared to hit Magikarp straight on.

"Uh, uh, Magikarp!" C.C. called out, "Use...water gun?" 

C.C. cringed as Geodude slammed into Magickarp, getting even more 'karps' from it. Looking back, he saw Geodude pushing itself away, smiling as it did. C.C. looked back, seeing Magikarp STILL flopping about.

"Can you do ANYTHING?" C.C. called out.

"C'mon C.C., didn't you pay attention in class?" Alex called out, "Remember? Magikarp can learn up to three moves: Tackle, Flail, and Splash."

"That's right..." C.C. muttered before looking back to see Geodude trying another slam attack. Quickly formulating a plan in his head. C.C. then waited till Geodude was close enough...wait...wait...wait...now.

"Use Splash!" C.C. called out before realizing the slip of younger he had made. "No, wait, no! I meant Flail! Flail!" 

But it was too late; Geodude once again slammed down on his opponent, this time silencing him. When the dust cleared, C.C. saw Magikarp laying motionless.

"Return." C.C. muttered miserably as Magikarp returned to his Pokéball in a red light. "I'll deal with you later."

"I honestly though you would be more of a challenge C.C., instead of throwing Magikarps out at me." Brock said smugly.

"You're in Bulbasaur." C.C. muttered, quite annoyed.

"Bulb?!" Bulbasaur cried out.

"Yes, you. Now, let's go!"

Bulbasaur waddled on to the field nervously before staring at Geodude in the eyes.

"Lets get this over with, use Slam!" Brock called out. Pushing itself high in the air, Geodude went sailing for Bulbasaur, it's fists outstretched.

"Dodge!" C.C. cried out.

"Saur!" Bulbasaur yelped as it pushed itself back, just nearly missing Geodude, who slammed into the ground, leaving a six foot crater. Looking back, Bulbasaur saw Geodude hop out of the crater, growling angrily.

"Quick, use razor leaf!" C.C. yelled out.

"Saur, Saur, Saur, Saur, Saur!" Bulbasaur said as it swung back and forth, sending dozens of leafs soaring at the rock Pokémon.

"Geodude!" Geodude yelled in surprise and pain as the projectiles hit him, sending him skidding back a few feet.

"Geodude!" Brock called out alarmed. "Use defense curl!" 

Geodude looked up and let out a cry before glowing a light blue, stopping in his tracks, and sending the rest of the leafs bouncing off of him.

"Good, now use rollout!" Brock ordered.

Curling himself up, Geodude took off towards Bulbasaur like a tire, spinning rapidly. Before Bulbasaur could react, he was struck by his opponent, knocking him down.

"Bulbasaur! Are you ok?" 

"Saur..." Bulbasaur said groggily as he got back up. Looking around, he saw Geodude making a U-turn back towards him.

"Try another razor leaf!" C.C. yelled out. Bulbasaur quickly fired more projectiles, but they had no effect; Geodude's speed made them bounce of harmlessly!

"Vine whip?" C.C. said. Bulbasaur did as ordered and sent two long whips out towards his opponent, only to have them flung away from his speed, leaving them feeling like a bad case of rope burn.

"Ok, maybe-" 

SLAM!

Bulbasaur went sailing meters through the air before landing with a thud onto the ground, before groaning and pulling himself back up. Looking forwards, he saw Geodude smirking on the other end of the field.

"C.C., you should forfeit, I like winning, but not hurting Pokémon this much." Brock said.

C.C. gritted his teeth. He wasn't about to loose. He had to think of something...but what? What had he learned in school? Status problems...nope. Special defenses...nope...physics...yes.

"I'm not done yet!" C.C. yelled out. "Ready Bulbasaur?"

"Saur!" his faithful companion called out as he jumped back to all fours.

"So be it." Brock said as he folded his arms. "Rollout attack!"

Once again, Geodude took off in a blur towards Bulbasaur, ready to knock him out for good.

"Bulbasaur, use vine whip again, but form a ramp!"

"Saur?" Bulbasaur questioned before performing the action with his vines, bracing himself for the attack. Instead of hitting Bulbasar, Geodude quickly went up the vines, sailing up...up...up...

CRASH!

Geodude crashed through the roof, while continuing to sail upwards! Everyone watched as the dot became smaller and smaller in the blue sky.

"What's the point in that?!" Brock asked, quite alarmed.

"What goes up," C.C. said confidently, "must come down."

Looking back up, everyone say the dot getting closer and closer to the gym, before crash through the ceiling, creating yet another hole before crashing into the ground, making a dust cloud. 

Once the cloud disappeared, a thirteen foot crater was revealed, with a dazed Geodude inside. Bulbasaur quickly ran over and checked his opponent, who was slowly pulling himself out of the hole.

"Nice, but not good enough." Brock said calmly. "Geodude, use rollout again!"

"Leech Seed!" C.C. called out. From the plant on Bulbasaur's back, three little seeds were spat out, landing on Geodude and almost immediately fpsoreading roots on his body.

"Geodude! Now!"

Geodude once again tried to perform its rollout attack, but before it even reached it's halfway mark, skidded and veered to the side before stopping.

"What? What's going on?" Brock asked.

"Well, since your Geodude likes using rollout so much, I decided to use leech seed. Not only will Bulbasaur regain health, but the roots mess with Geodude's movements." C.C. said happily as he watched Bulbasaur's bud glow a slight red, indicating he was leeching Geodude's energy.

"Bulbasaur!" The Pokémon cried out furiously yet happily at the same time.

"Right, finish it off with Razor leaf!" C.C. yelled as a dozen more leafs were sent hurdling at Geodude, knocking him back through the air before landing on his back. Tension rose as all eyes laid on Geodude. It was soon evident he was knocked out for the count.

"And the winner is C.C. and Bulbasaur from Pallet Town!" the referee announced.

"Yeah!" C.C. yelled out as Bulbasaur jumped into his arms happily, cuddling up to his owner.

"Good job C.C." Brock said as he walked over and held out his hand, revealing a gray hexagon badge which C.C. took happily.

"Bulbasaur! Look, the Boulder Badge!" C.C. exclaimed.

"So," Brock said as he faced Alex and Jake, "Who's next?"

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

"I guess I am." Alex said nervously as he pushed passed the oh so joyful C.C. and his Bulbasaur, his Squirtle following him closely behind.

"Excellent. After this we can take a one hour lunch break." Brock said, quite content as he reached for another Pokéball on his belt.

Alex stopped right outside the arena boundary and looked down at Squirtle, who was also nervous about his first gym fight. Shivering, Squirtle looked up at his trainer, who gave a reassuring nod; it was obvious Geodude's power has shaken him up.

"Squirtle, I know you can do this, we've trained for it." Alex said calmly, "Besides, we've got the whole type advantage thing."

"Squirt!" Squirtle said happily before running out to the field, ready to take on a Geodude.

"Go!" Brock yelled as he chucked another Pokéball into the air, "Graveler!"

The Pokéball clicked open and revealed what appeared to be a giant craggy boulder, only there was something funny about this bouler...perhaps the two giant eyes? Maybe to feet and mouth? Or possibly the four gigantic arms?

"Graveler!" The giant rock called out as Jake whipped his Pokédex out;

"Graveler. The rock Pokémon and evolved form of Geodude. Rocks are Graveler's favorite food. This Pokémon will climb a mountain from the base to the summit, crunchingly feasting on rocks all the while. Upon reaching the peak, it rolls back down to the bottom. Nothing can stop or change its course when it begins moving."

"Looks like you got lucky about getting a Geodude to fight instead of Graveler." Jake said to C.C., "I mean, look at the thing!"

"I know, I hope Alex can handle this thing." C.C. said as Charmander and Bulbasaur jumped up on the same seat to watch the battle.

Alex looked nervously at the Graveler before turning back to Squirtle and signifying he had to go on. Cautiously, Squirtle walked out to the arena, ready to fight.

"Try not to hurt him to much Graveler," Brock said teasingly, "Use Rock throw!"

In one swift swoop, Graveler picked up a pile of rocks with his four arms before throwing them in Squirtle's direction, causing the tiny turtle to panic.

"Squirtle! Use withdraw!" Alex called out to the Pokémon. However, Squirtle was too frightened and simply threw himself out of the way, just barely missing the barrage of rocks.

"Squirtle, listen!" Alex called out, catching the turtle's attention. "Of we're gonna win, we need trust. I wouldn't let anything happen to you, so please, trust me."

Squirtle looked at Alex for a second and back at Graveler before nodding its head confidently and standing back up, smiling.

"Awesome! Now, use water gun!" Alex ordered.

Squirtle opened his mouth and took in a deep breath, and suddenly exhaled a huge amount of gushing water, slamming right into Graveled, blocking him from view.

"Great job!" Alex called out, "Now let's see how much -"

"Grav!" 

Suddenly, the torrent of water became disassembled as Graveler threw his four arms in opposite directions, stopping Squirtle's assault. Shockingly, Graveler didn't at all seem hurt by the water gun, simply annoyed.

"I've trained my Graveler to tolerate water based attacks Alex. Now, use rollout Graveler!"

Graveler immediate curled into a ball and raced towards Squirtle, distressing him. Using a water gun, Squirtle hoped to veer Graveler off course; sadly, the Pokédex entry was dead on accurate, Graveler did not stop or change course, resulting in Squirtle flinging out of the arena's boundaries, into some seats.

"In case you haven't noticed," Brock said confidently, "my Graveler is a lot tougher than Geodude."

Alex gritted his teeth as Squirtle ran back onto the field. There had to be a way to deeper this thing's power.

"Try rapid spin!" Alex yelled out.

Squirtle tucked his limbs inside of his shell, replacing them with spinning torrents of water, resulting in him taking to the air and spinning right towards Graveler. However, before Squirtle could even reach his opponent, Graveler stuck out one of his giant hands, catching the shell mid air!

"Good job Graveler, now use seismic toss!"

Like a frisbee, Squirtle went sailing through the air, spinning rapidly, until slamming into the roof and dropping back down. Without having to be told, Graveler walked over and picked up the shell. The rock Pokémon stared at it for a moment before tossing it into one of the craters made earlier by Geodude.

"See? Your Pokémon is afraid to even come out of its shell! Although, I can't honestly blame it..." Brock yelled across the room.

"Shut up!" Alex retaliated before facing the crater again, "Squirtle, use water gun, non stop, but make sure it stays in the crater!"

The sound of gushing water suddenly filled the room as the hole began to fill up. More and more until there was about five feet worth of water. 

"Now, use Rapid Spin!" Alex called out. Suddenly, the water erupted from the pool, washing over Graveler completely, stunning him for a split second.

That was all the time Squirtle needed.

Graveler couldn't see at all, and that water had actually hurt a bit. Looking back up, he saw Squirtle's spinning shell coming right back at him, this time slamming his forehead and knocking him down.

"No! Graveler, use Earthquake!" Brock yelled out desperately. Graveler slowly stood back up and punched the ground, sending a large crack towards Squirtle, knocking him down, with Graveler advancing towards him.

'What do I do?!' Alex thought to himself. 'Wait he can't be stopped when rolling...rolling...'

"Ok, Squirtle, use water gun by Graveler's feet!" Alex ordered, resulting in Squirtle quickly following the command, causing mud to form. This sudden change of footing resulted in Graveler slipping, and just as Alex had planned, begin rolling towards the pool of water.

"Graveler, stop!" Brock called out.

"Didn't you listen to the Pokédex?" Alex said confidently, "It can't be stopped. Now, use Bubble!"

Squirtle inhaled deeply before releasing o series of bubbles, which sped towards Graveler, speeding him up once they exploded on impact, sending him straight into the pool of water.

"I might not be able to hurt Graveler directly, but the pool of water can. And last time I checked, rocks sink." Alex said happily. "Now, use Rapid Spin right over the water Squirtle!"

Squirtle wasted no time in this; he quickly tucked all his limbs away in his shell and levitated above the surface of the pool, causing a vacuum that made the water part and join, part and join, again and again. 

Eventually, Graveler pulled himself out of the trap, quite wobbly as he went. It was clear in his eyes he didn't care where he was headed, just away from the evil little turtle.

Squirtle quickly landed and rushed in front of Graveler before staring at him. Graveler didn't even seem to notice him, he was so wounded. Acting quickly, Squirtle lay down in front of him before using withdraw.

Graveler fell face first into the dirt once tripping over the innocent blue turtle. 

"Squirt!" Squirtle yelled out happily as he ran over and checked over his motionless opponent. It was quite evident that he wasn't about to get back up anytime soon.

Alex had won.

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

"And the winner is Alex and Squirtle from Pallet Town!" The Referee announced, resulting in Alex and Squirtle cheering in joy.

"Alright!" Alex yelled out happily, "I knew you could do it Squirtle!"

"Squirtle Squirtle!" The tiny turtle Pokémon called out as it jumped into Alex arms, receiving a hug in return.

"We will now have a one hour lunch break before resuming the final battle." The referee added before turning and following Brock.

"Let's go," C.C. said as he beckoned Alex to follow him and Jake, "I'm starving."

"Bulbasaur!" Bulbasaur said in agreement.

The trio walked out the door, and around the corner, wandering until they came across the Pokémon center once again, prepared to get all the free food they were offered.

Alex and C.C. ran towards the door, but skidded to a halt when they noticed Jake wasn't following.

"You coming?" Alex asked, concerned.

"Uh...yeah. I just gotta attend to something." Jake said before he turned away and began walking, Charmander following slowly.

"What's with him?" Alex asked, getting a shrug from C.C.

"Alright, this is a matter of life and death. This ain't child's play anymore, now is when we get serious. If you are not focused, you may well loose your life." Jake said before turning to face his three terrified Pokémon, each one quivering in fear. Sighing, Jake apologized, "I'm sorry guys, I shouldn't have done that. I just need you to know how important this is. I really need strong Pokémon for this."

Wanting to cheer up his trainer, Pidgey took to the air immediately, performing a large loop before causing it's beak to glow and slamming into a tree; leaving a large crack in it, and an I fazed Pidgey.

"Whoa! Nice peck attack Pidgey." Jake said, his anxiety having been lowered for a split second, only to raise back up. "But flying attacks aren't effective against rock Pokémon..."

Pidgey sighed before turning to Charmander, trying to convince him to cheer up their trainer:

"Pidg, Pidgey!" Pidgey ordered.

"Char, Charmander!" Charmander said irritably; he wasn't gonna take orders from Pidgey. Well, at least until his beak began glowing. Charmander walked over quite confidently. He had been practicing a move for a while.

"Char-mander!" Charmander cried out as he jumped towards the same tree Pidgey had attack, catching Jake's attention. Looking up, he saw Charmander's claws glow a strange silver color...

CRACK!

The tree fell over, creating a loud 'thud' when it his a ground. jake looked at it in awe; it had six silver lined scratch marks on it, three on each side.

"Whoa, did you teach yourself metal claw?" Jake asked excitedly, "That's perfect!"

Charmander smiled before turning and sticking his tongue at Pidgey, causing the bird Pokémon to lunge at Charmander, and get into a fight. Jake suddenly  felt a little pressure on his leg, and looked down to see Caterpie nudging it, trying to get his attention.

"Hey Caterpie." Jake said, smiling as he picked up the tiny bug, "What's up?"

"Pee, pee." The bug chirped happily, only wanting to comfort its owner.

"It's alright, I'll be fine." Jake said before putting his Pokémon down and begin walking to the Pokémon center. "I hope."

Nervously, Jake headed out of the park, trying not to think about the up coming battle. Soon, it became evident that his Pokémon were also nervous; Caterpie had crawled up his shoulder, and Pidgey and Charmander had quit there bickering and followed in silence. Just as the Pokémn Center came into view, a voice threw Jake off.

"Oh, so your a Pokémon trainer."

Jake turned around, meeting eyes with an old man in a purple robe. Was it one of those old mystical robes, or his bathrobe? Jake pondered the question for a second before realizing the old man was still staring at him.

"Oh, uh, yeah. I'm from Pallet town-"

"But your traveling alone." The old man said, cutting Jake off completely before turning and walking away.

"Actually," Jake said in a matter-of-factly tone, "my two friends are in the Pokémon Center waiting for me. I'm about to-"

The old man suddenly rushed back and grabbed Jake by the shoulders, staring him right in the eyes, making him slightly uncomfortable.

"I know you." he said. "At least I think I do. I'll see after the Gym fight if you're the ones."

Jake looked around the field; it had been changed from the previous battles, as it no longer was flat with the two craters. Instead, the craters had been repaired, no trace of water was left, and multiple rocks, each one about a bit taller than Charmander, lay scattered throughout it in random places.

"The final challenger," the referee stated loud and clearly, "is Jake from Pallet Town. The same rules apply, the Gym leader uses one Pokémon, the challenger gets two. Begin!"

Brock plucked the final Pokéball and whispered something to it before tossing it into the air.

"Your friends had it easy. You're the one in trouble. I choose you, Onix!"

The Pokéball clicked open and released what appeared to be a giant rock-like snake creature. Unlike the other two opponents, Onix was about twenty feet tall, hovering over Jake, staring him down.

" Onix. The Rock-snake Pokémon. Onix has a magnet in its brain. It acts as a compass so that this Pokémon does not lose direction while it is tunneling. As it grows older, its body becomes increasingly rounder and smoother."

Putting his Pokédex away, Jake turned to Charmander, indicating for him to get on the field. Swallowing his fear, Charmander walked out on the field. Brock didn't wait up.

"Use tail whip!"

"ONIX!!" the creature bellowed as it lifted its gigantic tail off the ground and sang it at Charmander at amazing speeds.

"Dodge!" Jake called out. Charmander didn't need to be told twice and jumped behind a rock, the top of it shattered from sheer force. "Now try an ember attack!"

Charmander stepped out from behind the rock, only to perform a barrel roll behind another; Onix's tail had performed a 720 degree turn, making two full turns. A series of rocks shattering was heard as he brought his tail back behind him.

Charmander peeked out from behind the rock and saw Onix looking around, with Brock just as puzzled about his whereabouts. Creeping around, Charmander eventually got on Onix's left side and prepared his attack.

"Use metal claw!" Jake called out, happy that Charmander had the initiative to get way over there.

Charmander suddenly lunged out from the side, his claws glowing a silver before raking against Onix's side, leaving a silver trail where his claws had been.

Onix felt nothing.

"Use horn attack!"  Brock called out. Onix let out a roar before thrusting his gigantic horn at Charmander, throwing him against a rock, knocking him unconscious momentarily.

"You know," Brock called out across the room, "It's amazing just how many people bring their fire-types into my rock Gym... and all because they love Charmander more than Bulbasaur and Squirtle."

Jake gritted his teeth. He wasn't about to let some snake kill his chances of getting a Gym badge.

"Charmander, use ember, straight on!"

Charmander suddenly jumped up and inhaled deeply, before letting loosed his torrent of flames that his friends knew all-to-well, straight on to Onix's lower body.

"Jake, you as a Pokémon trainer should know fire attacks are terrible against Rock and Ground type Pokémon." Brock called out mockingly. But it soon came to his attention that the constant flames were beginning to bother Onix, causing him to shift and move about.

"My Charmander has a pretty bad temper Brock." Jake said, confidently, "And he's pretty hot headed too. Trust me, my friends and I have learned that the hard way."

Soon, Onix couldn't handle the heat anymore and withered away in agony, crying out. It was then Charmander stopped to reveal the red hot rocks on Onix's boulders. Taking advantage of his situation, Charmander's claws began to glow a metallic color, and he soon lunged, tearing his claws along the now red rocks, getting a cry of pain from Onix.

"Awesome Charmander! Now use-"

"Use dig!" Brock called out, ordering faster than Jake. In under a second, Onix disappered underground, his tail whipping out from behind him before vanishing as well.

"Go North east!" Brock called out. Suddenly, the ground beneath Charmander erupted, tossing him high in the air, and falling back down, with Onix disappearing again.

"Now South!"

Once again, Onix erupted out of the ground, tossing Charmander into the air, and falling down. Again, he disappeared. 

"North!"

This time, Onix came out full,y knocking Charmander out for good when he hit the ground. Jake rushed out and picked his Pokémon up carefully, not to hurt its bruised areas.

"Char..."

"It's ok Charmander, you did your best." Jake said with a weak smile before handing him to Alex. Walking back, Jake hopelessly pulled out another Pokéball, not to happy about the odds of winning now.

"Go, Pidgey!" He called out as he tossed the Pokéball, releasing the small bird Pokémon. He didn't know what Pidgey could do, but it was better than nothing.

"Use dig again!" Brock called out, "and knock that bird out of the sky! South West!"

Jake stared into nothing. How did Onix know about which way to go? Wait, the magnet in his brain...didn't birds also have something like that for migration? An idea clicked. His head as Onix popped out.

"Pidgey, dodge and fly circles around it!" Jake said. Pidgey did as ordered and flew around Onix for a but, getting him to snap and roar numerous times before he burrowed under ground again.

"West!"

"Pidgey, go in the opposite direction! East!"

Pidgey suddenly face its right and flew off quickly, and Onix suddenly appeared where it had been! Once more, Pidgey flew circles around it, confusing the giant before burrowing back underground.

Brock eventually learned the tactic; Pidgey would first tire it out by making Onix pop up numerous times, them make it dizzy by spinning around. Finally when Onix popped out again, Brock tried to warn him, but by then it was too late.

"Onix, don't follow it!"

However, Onix didn't not hear, it was so dizzy it felt sick and simply wobbled in place for a moment.

"Finish it off with gust attack!" Jake ordered.

Pidgey flew directly in front of Onix's face before flapping it's wings rapidly before forcing the dizzy giant to collapse to the ground for good.

"The winners are Jake and Pidgey from Pallet Town!"

Jake, Alex, and C.C. walked alongside each other happily, their badge cases having added some weight to it now. There respective starter Pokémon were also having a conversation with each other, only to be cut off by the same old man Jake had met earlier rush by them.

"So I was right eh? Well, here you go Jake, hold on to this will ya?" The old man handed Jake a small, violet box with a lock on it.

"Oh...uh...can I have the key?" Jake asked, still confused.

"It will open when ready. Now, listen, all of you. Alex, you will eventually have a very heated debate, C.C., you will have a shocking experience, and Jake..."

Jake listened up, hoping to hear what little prophecy he had.

"...put a sweater on, its gonna get cold."

Before anyone could say anything, the old man turned and fled deep into the city, golden from sunset. Shrugging their shoulders, the three tuned and walked into the Pokémon Center, ready to rest up.

Yuna walked out of Pewter City's gates, heading in Mt. Moon's direction to camp out. She had gone to Pewter City for a purpose, and only one purpose. When she requested it, she was told it would take time. A few months to be exact. Oh well, better late than never, right?

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Episode 6:  
Separated! 

“Squirtle, use water gun!” Alex called out as the tiny turtle Pokémon unleashed a jet of water from its mouth, aimed straight at the small orange Pokémon. 

“Dodge, and use ember!” Jake called out. Charmander quickly rolled out of the way before standing up and unleashing his own attack, pushing Squirtle back, but having little effect. 

“Jake, you should know fire doesn’t have much effect on water types.” Alex teased, smiling. 

C.C. smiled before resting his head against the tree behind him. The group had decided to take a break for today and simply rest, letting their Pokémon play as well. Of course, Alex and Jake, being who they were, became restless, and decided to have their Pokémon practice. 

“Charmander, use metal claw!” Jake ordered. 

Charmander jumped into the air while raising his left hand, before his claws began to glow a metallic light. 

“Bubble!” Alex yelled. Squirtle took a deep breath before letting loose dozens of bubbles, which exploded on contact with Charmander, weakening him. However, this not only hurt Charmander, but angered him as well, motivating him to extract his revenge. 

Squirtle was knocked back as the glowing claws struck him on the face, knocking him out for the count. Jake and Alex stared at C.C. for a moment, waiting for him to announce. 

“Huh? Oh, yeah, little orange dude, you win.” C.C. said before leaning back on the tree, headed back to his break. 

“Wait to be professional.” Alex laughed before walking over to his backpack and pulling out a bottle of water, Jake doing the same. Jake smiled as Pidgey and Spearow flew past him, creating a cool breeze. He looked at the nearby river and watched Squirtle jump in and begin to play with Magikarp, while Nidoran, Caterpie, Bulbasaur and Charmander sat down with some berries and began chatting. 

“You know, I feel kind of tired as well.” Jake said. “Move over C.C.” 

“Find your own tree.” C.C. said before getting pushed over by Jake. Yawning, Alex sat down as well, his head slowly nodding. Just as Jake was about to fall asleep, he felt a tugging on his jeans. He saw Charmander, who was pointing at himself, Bulbasaur and Squirtle, then at the forest. 

“You wanna go for a walk? Ok…just…” Jake managed to get out before falling asleep. Charmander turned to his friends and nodded before heading out into the woods with them. 

“Hurry up Meowth!” Jesse called out, annoyed their contraption wasn’t finished yet. “The twerps are nearby, now let’s go before they spot us!” 

“Calm down, I’m the one doing all the work here!” Meowth snapped back. 

“We have to get those Pokémon…” Jesse said. “Those starter Pokémon are unusually strong.” 

“Don’t remind me.” James said before pushing another gear into place and jumping off the giant wheel before staring at the machine. “There, all done.” 

In front of them stood a giant robot, about fifteen feet tall, with a large, glass jar in front of the cockpit, big enough to fit three small Pokémon. 

“Excellent.” Jesse said, “We should have no problem—“ 

“Shut up!” Meowth said, before listening up. Off in the distance, voices could be heard… 

“Char, char, Charmander.” 

“Bulbasaur, bulba.” 

“It’s the twerp’s Pokémon!” Meowth said excitedly before jumping into the cockpit with Jesse and James, just as the three Pokémon came around the corner, staring at the strange contraption. 

“Squirtle?” Squirtle asked curiously before turning to the other two Pokémon, who shrugged and looked at it just as confused. 

Confusion turned to panic as a giant robotic arm picked them up and took them inside the machine, before popping the inside the glass jar. 

“Gottcha!” Jesse’s voice rang out from the cockpit. “Say bye-bye to your trainers!” 

Before either of the Pokémon could react, a loud sound filled the air, shocking them. They were shocked even more once they saw the machine become air borne, with the ground getting farther and farther away. 

“Bulbasaur!” Bulbasaur cried out. Panicked, the grass Pokémon lashed out with its vines at the glass, only for its attempt to be in vain. 

“Forget it! We’ve re-enforced this glass jar, it’s six inches deep!” James called out. “You’re ours now, deal with it!” 

Turning to the glass, Charmander opened his maw and released a torrent of flames (causing Bulbasaur to duck, due to limited space), hoping to break out. Again, this attempted was in vain, as the glass turned only a little red before quickly cooling off. 

“Char…” The lizard Pokémon said sadly, afraid of never seeing it’s friends again. It was then Squirtle walked up and began talking to Charmander, formulating a plan. 

“Squirtle, Squirtle.” The tiny blue Pokémon said before pointing at Charmander, the glass, Bulbasaur, and the glass again. Immediately, they understood what had to be done. Turning around, Charmander let the flame on his tail sit close to the glass, slowly heating it up. 

“Wait… what are they doing?” James asked, curiously. The three watched as Charmander stepped away from the now red glass, and Squirtle giving it a quickly spray of its water gun, causing steam to arise. Once it cleared, it was obvious the glass had a huge crack in it from the quick change in temperature. 

“Uh-oh…” Meowth whispered as Bulbasaur finished it off with his razor leaf, shattering the glass, sending shards flying everywhere, piercing random pieces of the robot. 

Including the engine. 

The craft began to make whirling noises, then violently shuddering before beginning to plummet to the Earth below. Charmander and Squirtle gripped to Bulbasaur as they began to fall as well. Panicked, they looked at each other and knew what to do.

Each taking a deep breath, they unleashed streams of fire and water, creating a geyser almost. The force sent the trio of Pokémon literally spinning through the air, screaming as they began to slightly plummet towards the unknown woods...

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

“Char!!”

“Squirtle!”

“Saur!”

The three Pokémon screamed in terror as they plummeted towards the ground, closer and closer to their deaths. Looking around, Bulbasaur spotted a clearing in the canopy. Quickly, he extended his vines, wrapping them around a branch sticking out before quickly reeling him and his friends towards it.

SLAM!

The three Pokémon moaned as they slid down the face of the tree trunk before plunking to the ground. They stayed on their backs for a moment before sitting up and looking at each other, while trying to regain their senses.

“Are you guys alright?” Charmander asked, rubbing his head.

“I think so,” Squirtle answered, looking at a small scratch on his arm. “That was quick thinking Bulbasaur.”

“Thanks, but I was aiming for us to swing under the branch, not into the tree.” The green Pokémon grumbled as it stood up. “Where are we anyways?”

The three Pokémon looked around, letting the truth sink in for a moment before answering.

“We’re lost, aren’t we?” Squirtle asked, a bit panicked.

“No!” Charmander called out defensively as he looked around, the large trees looming over him. “We just don’t know where we are.”

“Exactly, we’re lost.” Bulbasaur said, getting a dirty look from Charmander.

“Well, our trainers will notice that we’re missing, right?” Squirtle asked.

“Of course!” Bulbasaur said reassuringly, “I bet C.C. already sent out a search party!”

C.C. sat up, alarmed. Something was wrong; very wrong. He looked around for a moment before realizing what had happened! Pulling his sweater out of his backpack, he slipped it on, keeping the cold out.

With a sigh of relief and comfort, C.C. walked back over to the tree, and back to dream world while he was at it.

“On second thought, maybe we should find our way back.” Bulbasaur said.

“Ok, this way.” The three Pokémon said, pointing in three different directions. Seeing this, they each picked another direction, only to come up with the same result.

“Great, how do we know which way to go?” Squirtle asked, folding his arms.

“Well, maybe we can make a signal. Here, let me.” Charmander said as he raised his head upwards.

“No!” Bulbasaur and Squirtle called out before tackling Charmander to the ground and clamping his mouth shut.

“What?! Do you want to stay lost?”

“Do you want Team Rocket to find us?” Squirtle asked. Charmander scratched his head in embarrassment before standing up.

“Let’s get going.” Bulbasaur said before walking off. Who knows what crawls in this forest at night?”

And with that, the three lone Pokémon began their long trek, wherever it may take them.

“Are we there yet??” Squirtle asked before leaning on to a tree, huffing and puffing as he did.

“Does it look like it?” Bulbasaur remarked.

“Don’t start fighting, please!” Charmander said irritably.

The trio had been walking for a few hours, with no sign of their trainers or civilization to be found. Not to mention, they had been getting on each other’s nerves.

“Lets ask someone for directions.” Bulbasaur said, his tongue hanging out.

“Like who exactly?” Charmander demanded.

“What about him?” Squirtle asked, pointing to a figure in the dark. Looking over, the other two Pokémon saw a silhouette of something; it lay down next to the tree. Nervously, the three walked over to it, hoping it was harmless.

“Um…excuse me?” Charmander squeaked out. “But, have you seen any trainers?”

The shape didn’t answer. In fact, it did nothing at all.

“Hey, we’re talking to you!” Squirtle yelled. Still, the figure refused to react. “That’s it!”

Opening his mouth, Squirtle let loose a torrent of water, hitting the thing straight on, much to the dismay of Charmander and Bulbasaur. Once the water died down, the three looked…only to see that nothing had changed.

“What?! Why, you insignificant—“

“Squirtle.” Bulbasaur said.

“Boring, lifeless—“

“Squirtle.” Bulbasaur said a bit louder.

“Waste of breath, you are a piece of—“

“SQUIRTLE!!” Bulbasaur screeched, finally getting his attention.

“What? I’m teaching this guy a lesson!” Squirtle answered quickly.

“That guy is a rock.” Charmander said, tilting his head. Squirtle looked back and examined his suspect before walking back.

“Guess it is. Case closed!”

“Case opened.” Charmander said. “We still need to find our trainers.”

“He’s right,” Bulbasaur said, “we need to split up and find help. Agreed?”

Charmander and Squirtle looked uneasily at each other before nodding, not too thrilled with being separated even more from friends.

The Pokémon back at the site rushed around frantically; Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur had left hours ago, trekking into the forest, and hadn’t returned yet. Search teams had been made, with berries being stored in leafs, in case something had happened to them. In a tree, Pidgey and Spearow looked down, not very happy.

“I don’t like the looks of this.” Pidgey said grimly.

“Nor do I.” Spearow replied, “We have to search until we find them, though I’m not so sure how far you and I can travel by air, the forest being so dense and all.”

“I agree, this may take longer than expected. Where’s Caterpie?” Pidgey asked, looking around. Meanwhile, a few feet about the bird Pokémon, Caterpie sat, spraying his silk all amongst the leaves…

“Hello?” Charmander called out. “Anyone?”

The little lizard Pokémon had wandered for what seemed like forever, with no sign of any other Pokémon. Walking a little farther, he noticed a rather large tree, with three odd shapes stuck to it. Getting closer, he saw they were a golden color, and immediately recognized these as a type of Pokémon, but which ones?

“Hey!” Charmander called, getting the lumps to open their black, beady eyes and look down at him. “Sorry to interrupt, but have you seen any trainers?”

Suddenly, a cracking sound filled the air as Charmander watched in disgust as the backs of the lumps cracked open, each revealing a pair of large, clear wings. Charmander’s eyes went wide as he experienced a quick flashback while the new creatures stood on their old skins.

“No, I haven’t.” One of the Beedrill hissed, “But I do see dinner.”

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

“I think its supper time!” A Beedrill called out before all three began speeding towards Charmander. “Come here you little pest!”

“Ah!” Charmander yelled as he ducked, just narrowly avoiding one of the Beedrill’s twin needles. Looking up, Charmander was quick to unleash a torrent of flames upon the insects, only for his attack to be in vain. Before he could do anything else, he was immediately knocked down from a Beedrill flying from behind.

The three Beedrill simply hovered in the air for a minute, staring at the seemingly helpless little lizard. Clanging his forelegs together, one of the Beedrill laughed before charging at the small Pokémon, ready to finish him off for good.

WHAM!

The Beedrill was suddenly slammed into the tree by a large object, before sliding to the ground, unconscious.

“What the heck?” One of the Beedrill asked, quite alarmed by this sudden attack. Turning to his left, he saw a large bird Pokémon, about four feet tall, with a mane like structure of feathers running from his head down his back.

“Back off.” Pidgeot growled out. Looking down, he saw Charmander staring up at him in disbelief. “Hey Charmander. Long time no see.”

Turning back to the Beedrill, Pidgeot flapped its mighty wings, creating a strong gust. The Beedrill attempted to fight the gust, but soon tired, and were blown back as well. To seal the deal, Pidgeot’s beak began to glow white and extend. Taking flight once more, Pidgeot soared into the two villainous Pokémon, slamming them further back.

Suddenly, the two Beedrill began flapping their wings. Looking at each other, they quickly turned back to their opponent and held out their stingers, attempting a pin missile attack. The volley of glowing needles struck Pidgeot head on, but it had little effect, Pidgeot only turning his head away slightly before staring them down again. Looking at each other again, the Beedrill decided to give up and took off this time, closely followed by the third one, now reawakened.

“Well, that takes care of that.” Pidgeot said happily before turning back to Charmander. “You OK?”

“Pidgeot, what are you doing here?” Charmander asked surprised.

“I could ask the same thing. Shouldn’t you be with Jake?”

“Shouldn’t you be with Kristijan?”

“He’s gonna catch up, sooner or later.” Pidgeot said, rolling his eyes. “Now, answer the question.”

“Well, Team Rocket was here and –“

“Never mind, that explains everything. Kristijan and I have encountered a few grunts here and there. They’re always causing trouble.”

Before Charmander could answer, two voices filled the air, causing him to turn around. He grinned, seeing Bulbasaur and Squirtle running towards him.

“Are you alright Charmander?” Squirtle asked, alarmed.

“Pidgeot?” Bulbasaur asked, “What are you –“

“Irrelevant.” Pidgeot snapped. “Sorry to break up the reunion, but I have to get you guys out of here, and fast. I’ve heard an unfriendly Pokémon lives in this forest. Worse
than those Beedrills.”

“What? What kind of Pokémon?” Squirtle asked.

“Does it matter? Most Pokémon in this forest fear it, live under its rule. Now, let’s get you out of here before it finds us.” Pidgeot said grimly. “I can’t fly all of you at once, so let’s start walking.”

Turning in the opposite direction, Pidgeot began walking, the three small Pokémon following behind him as the sky began to turn a bright orange from the sunset.

“WHAT THE HECK?!” Jake cried out, rubbing his head and looking at the strange object in front of him.

“What?” Alex asked, just waking up from his long nap.

“That thing just hit me on the head!” Jake complained.

“And waking us up will do what about it?” C.C. remarked, a bit grumpy from being woken up so abruptly. Looking at the object, his eyes went wide. “Quick, pull out your Pokédex!”

Jake pulled out his and pointed it at the green crescent shaped object, not knowing what to expect from it.

“Metapod. The Cocoon Pokémon. The shell covering this Pokémon’s body is as hard as an iron slab. Metapod does not move very much. It stays still because it is
preparing its soft innards for evolution inside the hard shell.”

“Wait, I don’t get it, what happened?” Jake asked, scratching his head in confusion.

“Your Caterpie evolved!” Alex said in awe.

“Caterpie?” Jake asked, advancing upon the bug Pokémon before picking him up. “This is so cool!”

“Wait…something’s not right.” C.C. said uneasily.

“Gey, Gey, Pidgey!” Pidgey said, flying right up into Jake’s face, alarmed.

“What? What’s wrong?” Jake asked, panic stricken by his Pokémon’s attitude. “Charmander, do you – Charmander? Where’s Charmander?”

“Bulbasaur?”

“Squirtle?”

It was then that the group realized that their respective starters were missing. For a moment, they remained silent, taking in the situation before bursting into hysterics.

“Oh my God, Professor Oak is gonna kill me!” C.C. yelled, freaking out.

“Oh my God, my Mom is gonna kill me!” Alex screamed, banging his head against the tree.

“Charmander is gonna kill me!” Jake said in almost a squeak.

The three looked at each other and nodded before running into the forest, all of their Pokémon in pursuit.

Well, except for Metapod, for obvious reasons.

“Stop.” Pidgeot said. The three small Pokémon did as ordered and stood still behind the large bird, looking around nervously. Suddenly, the sound of crunching leaves filled the air, raising the tension. It didn’t help when a low growl also filled the ears of the Pokémon group.

“Show yourself—“

Pidgeot let out a cry as he was knocked to the ground by a green blur, alarming the smaller Pokémon.

“Pidgeot, are you ok?!” Bulbasaur yelled out before beginning to run towards the fallen bird, but stopped short by the same green blur, stopping in front of him.

The tall green Pokémon stood over Bulbasaur and glared at him, his red eyes scanning him. Bulbasaur gulped as it raised its two arms, long, white scythes on each of them, gleaming.

“Who-who are you?” Bulbasaur stuttered, taking a step back.

“Scyther.” The Pokémon hissed out viciously. “And YOU’RE trespassing.”

“Buzz off!” Squirtle said, walking up. “We just wanna get out of this stinking forest!”

“Don’t mess with me.” Scyther said. “I can see inside you. I know your fears, your secrets. I hunger for your pain, and feast upon your cowardice.”

The three Pokémon began to back away as Scyther raised his arms, smirking to himself, before being interrupted by Pidgeot’s voice.

“Don’t listen to him!” Pidgeot said, slowly standing up. “He says that to scare you off. He’s nothing.”

“Don’t talk like that!” Scyther called out before using a quick attack on Pidgeot, knocking him back again. “You pathetic little –“

“Pidgeot! I’ve been looking for you!”

All five Pokémon turned their heads to the left, seeing a Trainer with red and yellow hair running towards them.

“Geot!” Pidgeot called out to Kristijan.

“Awesome, you found a Scyther too!” Kristijan yelled out as he pulled out a Pokéball. “Alright, use wing attack!”

Pidgeot suddenly flapped its wings, hovering a few feet in the air for a second before charging right at Scyther, its wings glowing. Just before making contact, Scyther disappeared in a blur, reappearing Pidgeot. Lifting his scythe like arms, he struck hard on Pidgeot’s back, getting another yelp from him.

“Try a gust attack!” Kristijan called out, getting Pidgeot to turn around and flap its wings quickly, creating a strong breeze. Not able to avoid it, Scyther was suddenly pushed against a tree, staying there until Pidgeot stopped flapping its wings. As soon as the wind stopped, he used another quick attack, knocking Pidgeot back again, getting Kristijan to grit his teeth; speed here was the problem, and Pidgeot couldn’t move as quickly in a space with trees all around.

Meanwhile, the three un-noticed starter Pokémon watch on, nervous about the battle, hearing Scyther’s constant insults fling through the air. Picking up on speed begin his advantage, Charmander nudged Bulbasaur, who nodded; knowing exactly what to do.

Just as Scyther raced towards Pidgeot again, one of Bulbasaur’s vines shot across the ground, right in front of Scyther. Catching his foot, Scyther slammed into a tree, quite alarmed, and too stunned to move. Pidgeot was confused as of what had just happened, and turned to his master for clarification, only to see he was just as puzzled.

“Pokéball, go!” Kristijan yelled, no longer worried about what had happened. Scyther was promptly sucked into the Pokéball, wiggling side to side, tension rising.

“Beep.”

“Charmander! Bulbasaur! Squirtle!” Alex called out, worried. The three had been searching for hours with their Pokémon for the starters, to no avail. The slouched and sighed, it was no use.

“Excuse me, but do these guys belong to you?” said a familiar voice. Jake looked up to see Kristijan standing not three feet from him, with Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur by his side!

“Kristijan? Thank you!” Alex cried out as the trainers re united with their Pokémon, happy they were safe.

“What are you doing here?” C.C. asked, cuddling up to Bulbasaur.

“I’m headed to Cerulean City. Decided to try out for the Pokémon league.” Kristijan said calmly.

“So are we!” Jake said excitedly. How about we all head there together?”

“Sounds like a plan. Let’s go!” Kristijan yelled out happily before taking off, everyone else in hot pursuit, anticipating whatever obstacle comes in their way of becoming Pokémon masters.

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Episode 7:
The Man in the Moontain!

Kristijan began to speed up as Alex surpassed him, racing towards the mountain. Gritting his teeth, he focused on passing Alex, intent on winning the race.

Not far behind, Jake and C.C. followed calmly, Charmander and Bulbasaur by their side. In the distance, Mt. Moon loomed over the small forest path, the blue sky making it seem even larger than it already was.

"So, how much longer to Cerulean?" Jake asked C.C. as Charmander yawned.

"Once we get through Mt. Moon, it should be all down hill." C.C. said, looking ahead. "Besides, there might be some interesting Pokémon to see."

The two continued to walk ahead until finally reaching the base of Mt. Moon, seeing nothing but a cave entrance, along with Kristijan and Alex arguing.

"I'm telling you, I won!" Alex yelled at Kristijan.

"In your dreams." Kristijan replied coolly, waving his hand in a gesture that indicated for Alex to go away.

"Can you two at least keep it down?" C.C. asked, "You don't know what lives in that cave."

"What? Don't do this?" Alex asked childishly before turning to the mouth of the cave and screaming at the top of his lungs. For a few moments, nothing happened. But then, deep in the cave, a low rumbling was heard. Soon, it became louder and louder, till high pitched squeaks also filled the area.

"Get down!" C.C. yelled, but it was too late; a swarm of blue and purple bats soared out of the cave and began furiously head butting and biting at their targets, getting them to yell out.

"Zubats!" Kristijan yelled out, "Quick, use your Pokémon!"

Unfortunately, the Zubat battered the Pokéballs right out of the trainers hands before they could react, leaving them helpless.

"Bulbasaur, vine whip!" C.C. called out, shielding his eyes. Two long vines suddenly extended out from Bulbasaur's bulb, and began to furiously whip-lash some Zubat, knocking a few away, including one to the ground.

"Charmander, join in with your ember attack!" Jake called, hunched over now. His eyes still closed, Charmander opened his mouth, unleashing a torrent of hot air and flames, causing more Zubat to back away. Still, it wasn't enough, and the Zubat just kept coming back for more.

"See what you get us into Alex?!" C.C. yelled out, ducking from the assault, "Zubat are relentless!"

Before Alex could say anything, a strange cry pierced the air.

"Row, row, Spearow!"

The four looked up to see a lone Spearow flying above the horde of angry Zubat, circling them. Letting out another cry, the Zubat all looked up before crying out and taking off after the Spearow, who merely stared back at them.

"Use gust!" Someone called out. Turning their heads, everyone saw it to be none other than Hayes!

Flapping his wings furiously, the Spearow created a strong wind, knocking half of the Zubat to the ground.

"Good job Skydive!" Hayes called out, smiling. "Finish 'em off with an Aerial Ace!"

Flying up high, Hayes' Spearow eyed the still angry Zubat flying towards him. Bringing his wings to his body, Skydive plummeted towards the swarm, blue light emitting from his beak. Quickly making a 90 degree turn, Skydive swiped at a good majority of the Zubat, knocking them back to the ground.

The few raining Zubat let out cries of anguish before turning around and fleeing back into the cave, the others following.

"Oh no you don't!" C.C. yelled out to one of the Zubat. "Go! Pokéball!"

Throwing the red and white ball, the already weakened Zubat was sucked in by a bright light before clicking shut, showing almost no kind of resistance. Walking over, C.C. picked up the Pokéball happily.

"Alright, I got a Zubat!" He exclaimed, quite ecstatic.

"To bad it was one of the smaller ones." Hayes said playfully as he walked up behind C.C., his Spearow landing on his shoulder.

"Funny." C.C. said, quite unamused. "How you been?"

"Training. Twitch is in pretty good condition, and Skydive here is marvelous." Hayes said, petting the bird's head happily.

"I have a Spearow too!" Alex said happily before pulling out his Pokéball. "Spearow, c'mon out!"

The ball clicked open, releasing a small red and black bird Pokémon. Spearow tilted his head for a moment before hoping over to Skydive; Skydive was a lot bigger than him, and a lot more intimidating. Looking him up and down, it was evident that his feathers were a lot more crisp and cleaner than Spearow's, allowing faster flight.

Intimidated by this new Pokémon, Spearow quickly hopped behind Alex, who was slightly embarrassed by how much stronger Hayes Spearow was.

"Anyways, I want to see how much stronger you've become since last time." Hayes announced, his brown hair blown by the wind. "Let's battle and see if you can put that Zubat to good use."

C.C. and Hayes stared at each other, each having a Pokéball in their hand. Kristijan stood on the side and looked at the two rivals. Raising both hands, he yelled "Begin!"

"Go! Twitch!" Hayes yelled as a Pokéball spun from his hand, releasing a white light that soon took on the form of a small, purple animal.

"Rattata!" Twitch yelled out as he jumped from side to side.

"Right, I choose --" C.C. began. Before he could finish, a Pokéball on his belt shook before popping open, releasing none other than Magikarp himself. The orange fish flopped about, letting out its infamous cry, leaving Hayes tilting his head in confusion.

"Um, you do realize--" Hayes started.

"I know." C.C. said, hanging his head before recalling Magikarp, switching him out for Nidoran. "Alright, Nidoran, use poison sting!"

The small blue Pokémon let out a cry before opening it's mouth, with a volly of white needles flying out towards Twitch.

"Agility!" Hayes ordered. Suddenly, Twitch vanished into thin air, before reappearing next to Nidoran, then behind, then in front, confusing the poison pin Pokémon.

"Use poison sting again!" C.C. ordered. Once again, Nidoran opened her mouth, spraying countless needles everywhere, with none hitting Twitch, leaving C.C. gritting his teeth.

"Now, use quick attack!" Hayes commanded. Twitch cried out before reappearing a few meters behind Nidoran before charging at her with unbelievable speed, knocking her into the air as he did. 

Twitch landed, not even two yards from Nidoran before skidding to a halt and turning around, chirping out in happiness as he did. Hayes was pretty content with his Pokémon's attack...until Twitch collapsed, much to his surprise.

"Twitch? What's wrong?" Hayes asked, quite alarmed.

"Big mistake, using a physical attack on Nidoran." C.C. said confidently, "Nidoran's ability is poison point, meaning that when attacked physically, the opponent may get poisoned. Now, use double kick!"

"Ran!" Nidoran called out as it began running towards the dazed Twitch, her feet glowing a odd brown.

WHAM!

Twitch practically flew into Hayes' arms from the impact, groaning before finally fainting. Pulling out his Pokéball, Hayes comforted Twitch before recalling him.

"Using a fighting move on a normal type. Good idea, using the type difference." Hayes said. "But two can play at that game."

Pulling out another Pokéball, Hayes threw it into the air calling out another Pokémon.

"Get 'em Bonehead!" 

The Pokéball clicked open, revealing a small, brown Pokémon holding what appeared to be a bone. The most shocking feature, however, was the fact that it's whole head seemed to be a bare skull. Pulling out his Pokédex, C.C. analyzed the new Pokémon:

"Cubone. The Lonely Pokémon. It pines for the mother it will never see again. Seeing a likeness of its mother in the full moon, it cries. The stains on the skull it wears are from its tears."

C.C. looked up, shocked. He couldn't fight this Pokémon, he already felt terrible! Hayes, however, didn't feel the same for Nidoran.

"Bonehead, use Bonemerang!" Hayes called out.

Silently, the Cubone lifted it's bone club, before throwing it at Nidoran, knocking her backwards.

"Nidoran!" C.C. called out, concerned. Ground type moves were super effective against poison types, he was in trouble. Before anyone else could do anything, a large explosion rang through the area, filling everyone with shock.

Turning to the cave, everyone saw many different Pokémon types running out in terror, quickly followed by a big cloud of smoke. Her ears twitching, Nidoran took off into the cave, much to everyone's surprise.

"Nidoran! Come back here! Nidoran!" C.C. yelled out desperately, walking towards the cave entrance. When it was obvious Nidoran wasn't returning, he turned back to Hayes. "I'm sorry, we'll have to --"

"Let's go." Hayes said, pushing past C.C., completely understanding the situation. Without hesitation, C.C. ran in after, desperately hoping to find his Pokémon unharmed.

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Yuna glanced at the giant hole in the side of the mountain that Muk had made, smoke flowing from within it. Crouching down, Yuna coddled the giant purple blob affectionately.

“Oh Muk, that’s a good Pokémon!” She cooed “Yes you are! Yes you are! Yes you –“

“Um, excuse me ma’am.” Said an unfamiliar voice.

Yuna whipped around to see a middle aged looking man, dressed in a bright orange overcoat, an everyday cap, and a dark blue t-shirt underneath. Yuna blushed in embarrassment.

“I’m sorry to bother you, but could you tell me where—“

“Listen!” Yuna screeched as she got up and walked over to the man, “If you ever, EVER, mention what you just saw, I will rip your hair out of your skull with my bare hands and strangle you to death with it! I will make you wish you had never seen the sun go down, I can, and will, destroy you with my blood thirsty soul! Understand?!”

Yuna never received an answer; the man simply turned and ran as fast as he could, like any human being would, dropping something as he went, he didn’t seem to care.

“What’s this?” Yuna asked herself as she bent over to pick up the pole. It looked like a fishing line. On the side it read out ‘Super Rod’. Shrugging, Yuna opened up her small bag and folded the fishing rod before chucking it in. Turning around, she signaled for Muk to enter the cave with her, great desire to obtain the mountain’s prize.

“Nidoran!” C.C. called out. “Nidoran! Come back, it’s not safe!”

“She’s not going to listen.” Hayes said as Twitch walked around in front of him, trying to get Nidoran’s scent. “If she was going to, she would have come back already.”

C.C. rolled his eyes before continuing his yelling.

Behind, Jake, Alex and Kristijan looked at each other uneasily; what had caused the explosion? Was it some kind of Pokémon?

“Uh, there’s no such thing as a bomb Pokémon, is there?” Alex asked nervously.

“No, there isn’t.” Krisitjan said, resulting in Alex and Jake breathing a sigh of relief. “But there is a move known as self-destruct, which mimics that of a bomb.”

Jake and Alex froze in place and looked at each other; they weren’t too sure if they wanted to go any deeper. However, the other three continued to move ahead, forcing Jake and Alex to run to catch up.

“I don’t get it…” C.C. said, “Why would Nidoran just run off like that?”

“Maybe she was after the Moon stone.” Hayes answered casually.

C.C. turned to him, having to squint, it was getting quite dark, even with Charmander’s flame lighting the way.

“The moon stone?” he asked quizzically.

“You’ve never heard of it?” Hayes asked. “Well, legend has it that Mt. Moon was actually formed when a meteor, a fragment of the moon, struck the Earth, and caused the land to shift because of the impact. With it, it brought numerous Pokémon, and gave off a strange power, drawing Pokémon to it.”

“So? What does that have to do with Nidoran?” C.C. asked, quite intrigued.

“Well, eventually to reach the final stage of evolution in the Nidoran family, a moon stone is needed. Nidoran maybe feeling that it is threatened.”

Before C.C. could carry on, a yell and a Pokémon’s cry was heard from up ahead, catching everyone’s attention.

“Get you stupid Pokemon!” yelled a voice, which was followed by yet another cry.

“That’s Nidoran!” C.C. called out, running ahead with everyone behind, Charmander desperately trying to keep up to light the way. Turning around a corner, C.C. saw Nidoran cornered by two men, dressed in black, each with a big red “R” on their shirts.

“Piece of trash, I’ll teach you to mess with me!” The man said as he raised his foot, prepared to kick the small Pokémon.

“Charmander, ember attack!” Jake ordered.

“Char!” Charmander called out as a stream of flames and hot air shot forth from his mouth, causing both men the duck and roll out of the way. Looking up, both were shocked to see the five trainers staring back at them with disgust.

“Nidoran, use poison sting!” C.C. ordered. The small blue Pokémon opened her mouth and unleashed multiple glowing needles, striking both men in the backside, causing them to howl out in pain. Nidoran happily ran over to her master and cuddled up to him as C.C. picked her up.

“Who are you?” Alex ordered from the duo.

“Team Rocket.” One man mumbled, feeling woozy from the poison sting effects.

“What’s with you guys?” Kristijan asked. “I’ve seen bunches of you all over the place.”

“Never mind that,” Hayes said “Why are you here?”

“Moon…stone… energy creates…there’s enough…” The man said before finally passing out from the poison. The group looked at each other for a moment, quite worried. Why did they want the moon stone?

Yuna looked at the Rocket grunt she had tied up pathetically, her gaze seeing right through him.

“Where is it?” Yuna demanded.

“I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.” The grunt said sarcastically.

“Oh no? Well, maybe Muk here can refresh your memory.” Yuna said as the blob let out a terrifying gurgle before pulling itself closer.

“Ok, ok!” The man said, quite alarmed now. “It’s in the middle of the cave, you can’t miss it, right in the crater.”

“Good. I presume it’s this way?”

The grunt silently nodded in embarrassment. Yuna smirked as she continued walking. The moon stone would be hers. Not just for its power, but it’s value as well.

“Nido, Nido, Nido.” Nidoran panted as it ran along the cave tunnels, everyone right behind it.

“So we’re looking for a space ship?” Kristijan asked.

“No, a meteor that has unstable power, nothing big.” Jake joked.

Nidoran suddenly turned around a corner, and skidded to a halt, with everyone right behind her. In front of her was a pinkish Pokémon with pointed ears, brown tips on the end. Pulling out his Pokedex, Alex listened intently:

“Clefairy. The fairy Pokémon. On every night of a full moon, groups of this Pokémon come out to play. When dawn arrives, the tired Clefairy return to their quiet mountain retreats and go to sleep nestled up against each other. Rumor has it these Pokémon came from the moon.”

“Well, that’s a weird Pokémon.” C.C. said. “It said something about the moon though, so…”

“Shhh!” Hayes ushered as the two Pokémon began to communicate.

No one said anything as Nidoran and the Clefairy began talking, exchanging words before turning away from the trainers and running off again, shocking C.C. once again, forcing the group to chase the two Pokémon again down the seemingly endless tunnel.

“Nidoran! Stop! I’m serious –“ C.C. suddenly stopped talking and skidded to a halt, along with the others as they entered a dimly lit cavern.

They looked around in complete awe; the entire cavern was lit a dim blue color, all of the light illuminating from a giant black stone in the middle of the room, with dozens of Clefairy dancing around it, leaving everyone speechless, only able to mutter three words:

“The Moon Stone.”