Heroes Fall: A Wonder Woman/The Kaiju Story

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Heroes Fall: A Wonder Woman/The Kaiju Story

Post by Tim85 »

Prologue
In the Not Too Distant Future

Metropolis: the mansion of Clark Kent and Lois Lane

Dawn arose over the city of Metropolis. The sun’s morning rays shown through the window of the bedroom of Lois Lane and Clark Kent’s mansion. The light covered the face of Lois; bring her out of her nightly slumber. She stretched her arms into the air as she sat up in bed. She looked over to see that Clark was still asleep. Not wanting to wake her husband, she sneaked off the mattress and threw on her robe as she made her way to the kitchen.

The coffee machine had already started when Lois entered the kitchen. A top of the line machine in a kitchen with all the latest and greatest devices anyone could ask for. She opened the cabinet to retrieve her favorite coffee cup when she looked over the calender on the refrigerator. They were scheduled to see John and Martha Kent on Saturday. She smiled as she read it; thinking it would perk up Clark some to see his folks. Lois poured herself a cup of coffee; the finest money could buy. She took a sip; it was okay she thought. Regular old grocery store coffee was more than enough for her.

Taking her cup, she entered into the living room and curled up on the sofa. Lois picked up the remote and turned the TV onto the local news. She recognized the anchor to be Cat Grant; a reporter that Lane knew when her and Clark still worked at the local newspaper “The Daily Planet”. Lois missed those days before she didn’t have to work.

“In International News,”Ms. Grant read, “The latest round of public global executions took place today. This time consisting of convicted rapists and child molesters.” Cat was replaced by footage of different gruesome hangings, mostly involving the criminals being hung by their genitals before them being forcibly removed from their bodies; causing them to finally be hung by the noose around their necks. Their bloodcurdling cries of pain were deafening.

“As before with previous executions,” the newswoman said over the footage, “Majority of the people in the crowds were victims or family members of victims of the ones being executed.” As more footage filled the screen. Lois turned off the TV in disgust.

“This isn’t right,” she said to herself. “Ever since they took over.” Before she could finish her statement, a familiar humming like sound filtered in from the outside. Lois made her way to the window to see a giant moth pass over the city. Lane sneered, recognizing the giant insect as it flew through. Mothra usually passed through Metropolis in the mornings Lois said to herself.

Looking out the window, she was again reminded of the reddish orange hue that covered the building. It was radiation that mimicked that of a red sun. It didn’t affect Lois, but it did her husband. Clark was the hero known as Superman; gaining his strength from the radiation of the yellow sun that Earth rotates around. Red sun radiation had the opposite affect; removing his powers. The constant supply of the crimson solar glow would keep him in a state of normalcy. This uselessness that Kent felt keep him bedridden with depression. This bothered Lois most of all.

Lane then glanced down at the ground; a large chain link fence surrounded the building with guards at the entrances.

“This isn’t a mansion,” she growled, “This is a prison.” She took another sip of her coffee and stared off into the heart of the city, where two statues were erected; one a statuesque woman, the other a bipedal reptile. Lois had a snarled look on her face as she glared at the structures.

“All thanks to our leaders: an Amazon and a Monster.”
Last edited by Tim85 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Re: Heroes Fall: A Wonder Woman/The Kaiju Story

Post by Tim85 »

Chapter 1
Preparations

Eighteen Months Ago

Monster Tower: Monster Island 1

“How’s everything looking?” Tim Locke asked. Standing in the monitor womb of the structure, Monster Tower was the Earthbound answer to the Justice League of America’s orbiting satellite headquarters: the Watchtower. Tim belonged to the group of superheroes, which consisted of the most notable and strongest of heroes; both with and without superpowers. Tim was known as The Kaiju; taken from his ability to take on a form resembling, and the powers from creatures that are called “kaiju” in Japan; like Godzilla, Rodan, and others.

“Everything’s going smoothly,” answered Victor Stone. After an accident that fused his body with a machine, Stone goes by the name “Cyborg” and is considered a living computer. Vic was seated in a chair in front of a wall of monitors that held the images of various creatures.

During the events known as the Xilian War; a hostile race of aliens from the movie Godzilla: Final Wars were brought into this universe accidentally and sought to continue their conquest of Earth in order to turn humanity into cattle. To counter the Justice League and their allies, they unleashed an army of monsters taken from the various Godzilla and Gamera movies upon the globe. The League’s newest recruit at the time: The Kaiju, came up the idea to fight fire with fire by bringing their own monsters from the movies to fight the Xilian’s beasts. With the help of fourteen monsters: Final Wars Godzilla, Fire Rodan, Final Wars Mothra, Mothra Leo, Rainbow Mothra, Armor Mothra, Godzilla Junior, Showa Anguirus, Gamera 3, the brown Gargantua Sanda, Jet Jaguar, Mecha-King Ghidorah, MOGUERA, and the third Mechagodzilla Kiryu, the JLA was able to defeat the Xilians. Then came the problem: what to do with the monsters.

When no way was found to return them to their respected movie universes; the Kaiju and the League sought out a place for the monsters to live when their services weren’t needed. A group of five islands that have been annexed by Themyscria, home of the Amazons and JLA member, Wonder Woman, was offered and with the large amount of space for both biological monsters and mechanical bays for the bionic monsters, and ample food; the monsters made their home on what Tim dubbed after the movies: Monster Islands. A large technological structure was built on the largest of the islands that not only monitored the beasts but housed the original machine that brought the monsters into this universe. Since the war, the machine has been used to bring more monsters into the League’s reality. Some that didn’t take part; such as King Caesar and Gorosaurus, as well as monsters that the Xilians used: namely GMK Baragon, Varan, the green Gargantua Gaira, and from Godzilla: Final Wars: Kamacuras, Kumonga, and Ebirah.

“Are the monsters taking to the new residents?” Kaiju asked Cyborg. A recent mission in space caused the League to use the services of the Grand King Ghidorah, Final Wars Gigan, and Megalon. Being that these monsters are usually on the side of the enemy in the movies, Tim was concerned that there would be some kind of conflict.

“They seem to be,” Cyborg commented, bringing up Monster Island 4 on the main screen, “Making them the only residents of this island right now seems to help that.” Kaiju nodded as he looked at his watch.

“I’d love to stay and chat some more, but I need to head home.”

“The wife and mother-in-law waiting for you?” Victor asked with a smile. Not long after the Xilian War, Tim married Diana Prince, also known as his JLA teammate, Wonder Woman. After spending the night together to make her his fail-safe should he ever go rogue, the two of them formed a strong bond due to her knowing his grandfather; the man who raised him. After being shipwrecked, Charles Locke found himself on Themyscira. By helping a young Diana; Queen Hippolyta, Diana’s mother, helped him return to Man’s World with a gift: the shape shifting gauntlet, the source of Kaiju’s powers. Years later, he passed the gauntlet down to his grandson Tim; who became The Kaiju after his grandfather was murdered. After a short time of dating, Tim proposed to Diana and the two of them were wed on Themyscria by Hippolyta.

“Yes,” he said with a smile as he made his way to the door, “Tomorrow’s a big day and I’m needed to help prepare.”

“Best of luck to you all!” yelled Cyborg as Kaiju left the room. Tim exited the building to see Godzilla and his son Godzilla Jr. passing by.

How’s everything going?” Tim asked telepathically. One of the abilities given to all the monsters when they were brought here was the ability to communicate telepathically with the League members in order foster bonds of trust.

Doing fine, Tim,” answered Godzilla.

Need any of us today?” asked Junior.

Not today,” replied Kaiju, “You’ll be the first to know.” The answer satisfied the monsters and they continued on their way. Tim took a deep breath and stretched out his arms; revealing the shape shifting gauntlet on his right arm. The metallic bracelet began to glow and in a flash, Tim took on his Kaiju form: the body of Godzilla, the wings of Rodan coming out of his shoulders, Gamera’s tusks in the corners of his mouth; his head adorned with Rodan’s crown of the horns and Mothra’s antennae, and his left arm was replaced by the head and neck of King Ghidorah. Kaiju leaped into the air and began to take flight towards the island of Themyscira. He took on his Kaiju form to prevent anyone figuring out his true form. While it was unlikely that there would be prying eyes; Tim didn’t want to take any chances.

After a short flight, being that Monster Island 1 was the closest island to Themyscira, Kaiju arrived above the island and made his way to the Royal Palace at the center of the island; where Diana and Hippolyta would be waiting for him. As he landed in front of the structure, Tim reverted back to his human form. Approaching the entrance, he saw the two guards of the day standing at attention: Euboea, the captain of the Amazon royal guard, and Phillipus, the General of the same guard.

“Hello my sisters,” greeted Tim. Seeing him, the two Amazon soldiers smiled and relaxed their stance.

“Greetings, Tim,” said Euboea, with a nod.

“How are you today?” asked Phillipus.

“Doing great with what’s happening,” answered Locke, “I take it you two are going to accompany the Queen tomorrow?”

“We are,” replied Phillipus.

“Speaking of the Queen,” continued Tim with a smile, “Are her and the princess in right now?” Euboea raised an eyebrow about his formality, but then smirked, remembering his sense of humor.

“They are both in the Queen’s quarters,” she said.

“Thank you,” Tim said as he entered the building. He made his way to the second story and to the robes that covered the entrance to Hippolyta’s bed quarters. He cupped his mouth with his right hand to project his voice.

“Everyone decent in there?” he said with smirk.

“That depends on what you would call decent,” fired back Diana, “Come on in!” Tim pulled the left current aside and stepped in. The first sight that filled his vision was of his wife Diana. She was dressed in the tradition white toga with gold belt. To him, she was the most beautiful, most perfect woman in the world. He loved her more than anything else in the world; it wasn’t a secret that Tim would do anything for Diana. Some days Tim felt unworthy of having such a person in his life but those feelings passed very quickly whenever he was around Wonder Woman.

“Hi, my love,” she said as the two embraced each other.

“Hi, gorgeous,” he replied as the two kissed.

“Where’s your mother?” he asked innocently.

“OUR mother,” Diana replied curtly, “You know how she feels about you.” Hippolyta saw Tim not as a ‘son-in-law’ but as a son. Because Tim never knew his mother because she died after his birth, he shared Hippolyta’s distaste for the ‘in-law’ part and viewed her as the mother he never had.

“She doesn’t call you ‘her boy’ for nothing.”

“I know,” he said apologetically.

“Mother’s getting her ambassador robes ready for tomorrow,” said Diana. As soon as she finished, Hippolyta stepped out of a closet like room. Resembling Diana, except for the blonde locks of hair she possessed as opposed to Diana’s raven black hair; she stepped out in a large flowing purple robe with a similar gold belt to Diana’s robe and golden eagle embroidered on the chest.

“How do I look?” she asked with her arms spread out to her sides.

“Beautiful, Mother,” replied Diana as she sat on the edge of her mother’s bed.

“Absolutely marvelous your highness,” Kaiju said with a smile. Diana rolled her eyes and sighed while Hippolyta glared at him with smirk.

“We’ve been over this Tim,” she said in a lecturing tone, “You know how that gets under my skin. We’re family now.”

“I know, I couldn’t resist Hippolyta,” he answered with a smile, “I mean, Mom.” Diana hid a chuckle while the queen’s smirk changed into an approving smile.

“In all seriousness,” Tim said with his arms up, “You do look amazing.”

“Thanks you two,” she said as turned to look at herself in the full length mirror in the corner of the room.

“I want to look my best at the United Nations tomorrow,” continued Hippolyta, “Themyscira is finally being acknowledged as a sovereign nation by the UN.”

“A long time coming,” added Diana.

“After all that you’ve done as Wonder Woman,” said Tim as he looked at Diana, “It’s about damn time.” Kaiju’s eyes widened and covered his mouth. Diana’s mouth dropped open at the use of the swear word.

“I apologize for my language,” said Tim sheepishly.

“Not to worry Tim,” said the queen, “I agree with your sentiments.”

“The approval went smoothly,” said Diana, “Despite some gruff from a few nations.”

“In this day and age,” growled Tim, “It’s not surprising the nations that were against it all hail from areas of the world not known for their progressive beliefs towards women.”

“That doesn’t worry me in the least,” said Hippolyta as she adjusted the crown on her forehead.

“Still,” added Tim, “I wish you would reconsider my suggestion on me being your bodyguard for the event.”

“I’ll be fine, Tim,” assured Hippolyta.

“Euboea and Phillipus will be more than enough to protect Mother,” added Diana.

“I know,” groaned Tim, “I still worry though.” Hippolyta turned and approached Tim and Diana.

“I know you do,” she started, “I worry about you and Diana all the time.” She then put her right hand on Tim’s left shoulder.

“I’m protecting you two by turning down your offer. People would question about your presence there and could bring to light your identity and your marriage. It’s my job as a mother to protect her children.”

“I understand,” Tim nodded reluctantly. Hippolyta smiled and gave him a peck on the forehead.

“I’m glad,” she said. Diana stood and wrapped her left arm around her husband’s right arm.

“I think our services are done here Tim,” she said, “How about we go grab a bite of dinner?”

“Sounds good to me,” he answered, “I’m starving!”

“So what else is new?” smirked Diana.

“Very funny,” Tim replied, not finding the humor in her statement.

“You two go on ahead,” said Hippolyta between chuckles, “I’ll be down in a minute.” The couple left the room, still arm and arm and chattering at each other; leaving Queen Hippolyta alone in her quarters.

“Kids,” she said with a smile as she went to change out of her outfit to join them for dinner.
Last edited by Tim85 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Re: Heroes Fall: A Wonder Woman/The Kaiju Story

Post by Tim85 »

Chapter 2
The Unthinkable

Above the Indian Ocean, high in the air, was the The Kaiju and the robot Jet Jaguar returning back to Themyscria and the Monster Islands after a mission in the South Pacific. A volcano in the Philippines was set to erupt and potentially destroy the island. Several carrier vessels were brought in to remove the inhabitants of the island and move them to a close neighboring island willing to take the refugees. With the help of a super sized Kaiju and Jet Jaguar, they were able to move the massive vessels and helped clear out the island in record time. Not long after the two carried away the last of the islanders did the volcano erupt. The large eruption covered the island with ash and lava; making it uninhabitable for a long time.

“Great job back there Jag,” said Tim, breaking the long silence.

“Thank you Tim,” answered Jet Jaguar, “I’m glad we were able to help the inhabitants quickly.” Kaiju smirked and snickered to himself. It always amazed him how quickly they could help people using the monsters to move people and supplies. At times it was faster then even teleporters. Before Kaiju could say another word, the JLA com-link in his right ear began to beep.

“Go ahead, J’onn” said Locke as he pressed on the device, opening the communication, remembering that Martian Manhunter was on monitor duty.

“Tim,” said Martian Manhunter somberly. Kaiju could sense in the tone of his voice that something is wrong.

“What’s going on?” he asked.

“I’m sorry Tim,” replied J’onn J’onzz, “I have terrible news.” Kaiju came to a halt in midair and began to hover.

“What’s wrong?” he said, beginning to sweat; trying to figure out what’s happening. He then looked up to see Jet Jaguar looking back towards him as he continued forward.

“Return to base Jag,” Tim ordered, “I’ll catch up to you later.” The robot nodded and continued on his flight.

“I’m not sure how to tell you this,” said Manhunter, “But Hippolyta was critically injured as she was entering the UN assembly building.” Kaiju could feel the color drain from his face as his stomach felt like it had dropped lower in his body.

“Oh no,” he whispered, “Where is she?”

“She’s at St. Vincent’s Hospital, in New York,” explained J’onn. The facility was known for its ability to treat metahumans.

“Is Diana there?” he continued the questions.

“Yes,” he answered, “She’s waiting for you and she wanted to let you know that they are expecting you.”

“Teleport me there now!” yelled Tim, his emotions getting the best of him.

“Right away,” said J’onn, not taking offense to the young man’s outburst.

“I’m on my way Mom,” Kaiju whispered to himself as he disappeared from the sky and found himself in an ally less then a block away from the hospital, the area being dark as the sun was setting. In a flash of light, he returned to his human form and bolted towards the medical facility. He noticed there was no news stations or paparazzi hovering around. They must have kept her being here quiet to prevent a mess, he thought to himself. Tim found the entrance and ran in as fast he could up to the front desk.

“Excuse me, ma’am,” he said to the lady sitting behind the desk with her back to him on a computer. She turned around to meet his gaze.

“Can I help you?’ she asked.

“Yes you can,” he paused to look at her name tag, “Amanda. I need to know what floor Queen Hippolyta is at.”

“And you are?” she said with suspicion in her voice.

“I’m The Kaiju,” Tim whispered to her, “Wonder Woman said that I was to be let up.”

“Right,” Amanda replied with a sneer and contempt in her voice as she looked him up and down, “Tell me another one.”

“I’m serious!” he fired back, “You want proof?” Before she could answer; in a flash of light, he took on his monster form. Amanda’s eyes widened at the sight. In another blink of light, Kaiju returned to his human form.

“Now can I go up?” he said, feeling both panic and frustrated.

“Yes, you can,” answered Amanda; her eyes still wide from what she saw, “She on the fifth floor, IC unit.”

“Thank you Amanda,” he said with smile, “I understand that you were just doing your job.”

“Thank you sir,” she replied as he took off running towards the elevators.

Fifth Floor

Diana stood outside her mother’s hospital room, staring at her through the window. With all the doctors checking on Hippolyta; they recommended that she stayed outside and out of the way. Seeing her in this condition brought tears to her eyes.

“Come on Tim,” she whispered to herself, “J’onn should have reached you by now.” The elevator doors opened down the hall to reveal Tim finally reaching the IC unit. As soon as they opened, he caught sight of Diana.

“Diana!” he yelled as softly as he could but still loud enough to get her attention as he ran out of the elevator. Diana’s head popped up as the sound of his voice and a smile crossed her face while still showing sadness in her eyes.

“You made it,” she said as he ran up and gave her big hug.

“I got here as soon as I could,” he said. As he pulled away from his wife, Tim turned to window to see Hippolyta lying in her hospital bed, all bruised and bloodied as IVs and wires to different monitoring stations came off of her. Seeing her in this condition sickened Kaiju.

“What happened?” he asked.

“An RPG,” said Wonder Woman, “A rocket propelled grenade from a nearby building was fired at her as she approached the UN building.”

“What about Euboea and Phillipus?” Tim asked of her guards.

“Injured as well but were able to be transported to Themyscira to healed by the Purple Healing Ray,” she replied. The Purple Healing Ray has the ability to heal any injury. It’s one of many tools that help with the longevity of the Amazons.

“Why not her?” he said as he pointed at Hippolyta, “Why can’t we get her back to Themyscira for the ray to do its work?”

“Her injuries are too severe,” Diana said with a tremble in her voice, “Teleporters are out of the question in her condition and we need to get her stabilized in order to transport her by plane.” Tim then put his hand on the glass as tears being to well up in his eyes.

“I should have been there,” whispered Tim.

“This is not your fault, Tim,” Wonder Woman said as she put her hand on his left shoulder.

Before he could say anything else, the door to the room slid open and the doctors and nurses left the room. The last nurse to leave the room stopped to address the couple.

“It’s okay to come in now,” she told them, “We’ve got her stabilized. Just no excitement right now. She needs her rest.”

“Thank you, everyone,” Diana said to the entire group as they made their way down the hall. Tim and Diana both entered the room, and as slowly and quietly as they could, made their way to Hippolyta’s bedside; Diana going to the right side of the bed and Tim to the left.

“Mother,” whispered Wonder Woman, leaning towards her, “Tim and I are here.”

“Mom,” Tim whispered as well, “We’re here.” Hippolyta slowly opened her eyes to see the two of them hovering over her bed. A smile formed on her face under the oxygen mask as she looked at her daughter.

“Diana,” she said softly, reaching up to her offspring’s hand, “My little sun and stars.”

“Mother,” Diana said, taking her hand. The queen of the Amazons then turned her attention to her left.

“Tim,” she spoke, repeating the motion towards her son-in-law, “My boy.”

“Mom,” he replied, taking her hand as well.

“I want you to know that I love you two more than anything else in the world,” Hippolyta told them.

“And we love you,” replied Diana, with tears in her eyes.

“Yes,” said Tim, also in tears, “We love you.” Hippolyta nodded at the two of them.

“All I ask of you,” she said, “is one thing.”

“Anything,” replied Tim.

“What is it, Mother?” asked Diana. The smile left the queen’s face.

“Avenge me,” she said. As soon as the word exited her lips; she closed her eyes and stopped breathing. The heart monitor emitted the shill sound of it flat-lining.

“Mother?” said Diana, shaking her mother’s hand, “MOTHER?!”

“Mom?” Tim’s voice beginning to tremble, “Please no; stay with us.”

Seconds after the flat-lining; the doctors and nurses that where just in there rushed into the room. Diana and Tim backed away; letting the medical personnel go to work. The two of them held each other close in the back of the room. They knew: Hippolyta was gone. There was nothing the doctors and nurses could do about it. Sobs of sorrow came from both of them. As Diana buried her face into Tim’s shoulder; he felt her legs give out. The couple fell to their knees, crying uncontrollably. Tim briefly got hold of himself to acknowledge that the love of his life, the strongest woman he’s ever known, has been reduced to a sobbing mess. Between his sorrow and seeing his wife like this caused more tears to flow in both anger and sorrow.

“We will Mom,” he mouthed, “We will avenge you.” Tim then buried his face into Diana’s shoulder as he began to sob uncontrollably.