This Old Town Of Halloween Discussion Signups

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

Gojira21
Futurian

This Old Town Of Halloween Discussion Signups

Post by Gojira21 »

Say what?! Another sign up story? That absurd!! Well suck it up butter cup, because I'm opening up one of my previous stories as a signup. Since I haven't had much of it planned out or written this gives me a perfect opportunity to get it back on track. And I know, anoooother project I'm attempting but hell...it's alright. This, Mortuus and the DC Universe are my one and only focus for the foreseeable future!

The premise of the story is set in the fictional town of Fallen Water, Virginia. A town of mystery and secrets! Where a trick lies around every corner with not much treats to be seen. Everyone in this town has skeletons in their closet that they would not want anyone to find out about. The town is obsessed with Halloween, even more so after a tragic incident almost a decade ago and haunts its residents. Simple, and short.

Now, the Signups are simple and basic nothing to complicated. Keep your character simple and grounded, no crazy powers! Be creative! Also, include detail on your character because there will be a section for background, e.t.c. Also, please include your characters fear/s - it will play a factor into the story.

HOWEVER there will be one slight difference with the Signups. You can choose to make up a random character, or (which I believe will be more popular) can create a character that will belong to one of the three main Families that thrive in Fallen Water. If you choose that route your character has to be son/daughter of any age. The three families are Voorhees, Carpetners and the Krugers 8-)

First name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Characteristics:
Background:

Now...have fun you Tohonites!
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

http://pokemunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

"Promethus has landed"

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Old Town Of Halloween Discussion Signups

Post by GodzillavsJason »

And I finally got a chance to make my character, I may do some slight adjustments on it, but here she is.

First Name: Justine
Last Name: Voorhees
Nickname: JV
Hobby: A variety of art related topics (Painting, photography, drawing, etc)

Characteristics: Friendly, outgoing, humorous, social, intelligent, but she has her faults. She is easily stressed out due to the many programs she is involved with at school and out of school, leaving very little free time. Thus, leading her to be really pissed off at others, even attacking them when they get in the way or start irritating her.

Appearance: Long black hair that's sometimes seen tied into a ponytail. Blue eyes, white colored skin, skinny and stands at 5'6. Wears a variety of clothing, t-shirts, button up shirts, jeans, skirts, etc. She is also seen in her cheerleading outfit.

Background: Born and raised in the Voorhees family, she had the life like every other child, but as she got older, more was expected out of her. This is due to her being a member of one of the three main families in Fallen Water. She began taking a variety of art related hobbies to satisfy what is to be expected of her, to carry the legacy and fame of her family. Justine gained her interested in these art related activities from an old family friend, who went by the name of Jerry Savini. All these art related activities aren't the only things that occupy a lot of her time, but joined the cheerleader squad since freshmen year. Originally, it was only to help her best friend, Maribel Barker get into the squad due to the recommendation of a Voorhees. One thing led to another and she was somehow drafted into the squad with her friend. Something she didn't really care for, but she put on a smile and a professional attitude to paint a lovely picture of her family in the general public's eye.

Justine loves her family, but can get really annoyed when they push her to do all these things. They're pushing her for careers and universities to apply her, but she isn't sure on what to exactly do. All she wants at times, are to hang out with her friends, do stuff that a girl her age would do and to just relax. Justine doesn't even care about family rivalry between the Krugers and Carpenters. If she's friends with any of them, then she's friends with them, whether her family agrees with it or not. And at moment, Justine is about ready to explode on her family for the stuff they're constantly trying to push on her.

All that can be said is that life is complicated for her, but those are the stories that people typically like. Whether it's in a book, a movie, or in real life. The people of Fallen Water love a good show after all.

Fear: She fears that her anger will manifest from an overwhelming wave of stress that will result in her brutally attacking anyone in her path, even possibly killing them.

Tell me if I need to make any adjustments on it.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

I like it! Sounds like a great character GvJ, only thing didn't include was a fear lol other than that, look forward to writing her!
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

And I made my edit.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Good lol that's lot better.

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Is this thing still alive? Hope so, cuz I finally finished my character. Now it's not my best work, but I did what I could. Hope you like it. If not, I can make changes to it if you so desire.

First name: Johnny

Last Name: Dollson

Nickname: Detective D

Occupation: Private investigator (formerly worked for the New York Police department)

Appearance: A slim man with short, sandy brown hair, a pencil thin mustache, and thin framed glasses. He wears a white T-shirt, a black tie, black pants, brown leather shoes, a long brown trench coat and brown bowler hat.

Characteristics: Johnny speaks with a stereotypical Brooklyn accent, and is also very brash and foul-mouthed. He is also slightly perverted (though harshly he dismisses these claims) But despite these flaws, he has a strong sense of justice and will always try to do the right thing and help those in need.

Background: Ever since he was a kid, Johnny was always well known for snooping around in other people's business. Most people found this fact annoying, But this proved to be a blessing in disguise for Johnny, when in his freshman year of high school, he discovered that one of his teachers was sectetly selling drugs to his students. After said teacher was promptly arrested and Johnny became something of a hero to his school (not so much for those who bought the drugs off his teacher though) Earning him the nickname "Detective D"

Johnny was all too happy to see that bastard put behind bars. There was just something about people going behind other people's back (especially with acts like this) that always disgusted Johnny. tis was due to the fact that his Father cheated on his mother when Johnny was very young.

It was after this that Johnny came to the realization that he could put this little quark of his to good use as an actual detective. After months of training at the New Your police academy, and several years of rising through the ranks, Johnny finally reached his desired position of police detective, where he solved many cases and put many low-lvies behind bars, earning him good amount of repect from his peers.

This would all come to a bitter end however, when Johnny discovered that one of his bests friends that he met at the police academy, as well as several other of his fellow law-enforcers were involved in dirty dealings that were no different then those his teacher had committed years ago.

Utterly apolded by this fact, Johnny stormed into the police chief's office and threw his badge at the chief in a fit of anger. Johnny bluntly announced his resignation and stormed out of the precinct, but not befoe spitting on his former employer's desk.

After that whole debacle, Johnny decided to relocate to a small town in Virginia, where he opened his own detective agency, Business was slow for a while, but it wasn't long before Johnny received a case from a very "creepy" looking individual to investigate some strange happenings in the neighboring town of Fallen Water, particularly the supposedly shady activities of one of the noble families that resided there. Now Johnny had heard rumors about the strange town from the locals, but he never put much stalk into them, dismissing them as "superstitious paranormal bullshit" but to Johnny, a case was a case. Johnny packed his iscential belongings which included a policeman's knife he kept form his days on the force (just in case) and headed off for the town of Fallen Water. But nothing could've prepared him for the dangers he would face there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYfxyNJNJHk

Fear: Johnny is completely terrified of birds, ever since he was attacked by and angry crow after accidentally destroying it's nest when he was 8 years old.
Last edited by GodzillaFreak99 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Ah! Seems like forever since started this...but head up, its not dead! Im still very well wanting to work on this story.
Last edited by Gojira21 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Gojira21 wrote:Ah! Seems like forever since started this...but head up, its not dead! Im still very well wanting to work on this story.

Last edited by GodzillaFreak99 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Haha maybe that will be a scene? ;) lol but yes, excited to get back to writing, again!

-Ishiro Honda

"Promethus has landed"