Star Wars: Balance of the Force

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Star Wars: Balance of the Force

Post by Godzilla The King »

STAR WARS: BALANCE OF THE FORCE
CHAPTER ONE: AN UNSEEN WAR
“This is insanity! How do you expect me to complete the bloody project if it can’t be defended! Do you want it to fail? We could shape the future with this device and you let it be underfunded and understaffed?!”

A hand slammed down to the desk before it, followed by a futile kick and a pathetic second blow. Director Orson Krennic had his way of making every slight setback seem even greater with his bluster and rage and this was no exception to the rule. The light blue glow of a hologram hummed around the area, encasing the Director in its light. Yet nothing could compare to the uncaring eyes that stared back to him through the light. Governor Tarkin had dealt with Krennic before, the Director had caused trouble for him in the past. It was amusing to him that Orson thought of himself as an equal. No, Krennic was merely an annoyance, a minor setback that he’d soon be free of. But first there was business to attend to.

“Diverting the fleet to defend your ‘Death Star’ would do nothing but paint a target for our enemies, a foolish mistake indeed. You think you are understaffed but if I am to be honest, you are overstaffed. The project has been bloated from the start and could use some weeding out. I am impressed with the talent you’ve found...Yet, failure seems to be drawn to you against all odds.” A grin formed on Tarkin’s face.

Krennic remained silent after Tarkin spoke, he knew that speaking would only further embarrass himself. But Krennic was not as weak-willed as he seemed, he was already planning his next move in his game against Tarkin. The Empire was built off these games, constantly warring against itself with only the strong or smart surviving. Tarkin and Krennic had lasted this long and there was no indication of them stopping anytime soon. Tarkin scoffed at this silence and continued on with his words.

“You say that this is the future, that you are devoted to it, yes? The Emperor can only hope that your ability to obtain this ‘future’ is as much as your capacity for failure. Remember that the future of this project is in jeopardy as long as you are in control. This meeting is over.”

Krennic had arrived here on Corellia for one reason, to further his goals. For months, the Empire had been waging a war with the Republic, locked in a bitter stalemate that threatened to destroy them both. On this planet lie the first stepping stone to victory and he was determined to find it. In his mind, Tarkin’s words were nothing more than a fool’s, a man too blind to see exactly what was going on. All he needed was to find this mystery item and that’d be proof enough that his weapon was feasible. A smile formed on his face.

“Sann?”

Before Krennic walked a pale male that was roughly twice the size of a normal man with hair that was half as long as his body. Atosians, a near-human race and brilliant workers they were, having adapted to live on the snow-covered mountains of Atos. Sann was a loyal worker and possibly one of Krennic’s few friends.

“Contact Galen, I have an assignment for the two of you. It’s very important.”

“Yes, Director.” Sann nodded.

“I’ll talk to Marius, I’m sure I could convince him to support us.” Orson spoke up, excited. “He’s already quite impressed with my men, our alliance could easily take on Tarkin…”

--

The trading ship was rusted beyond belief, covered with the usual dents and the unusual smell. It was an old one, no doubt, but it worked. At least in the mind of it’s owner it was as good a ship as any, though it could get bumpy. Rerrus Drel, a trader of 40 years and a proud one. He had survived the Clone Wars, he survived his area being Imperial property, so he thought he had seen it all. He was wrong. What was odd were his passengers, they weren’t the talkative type aside from one, and when they did talk it was not the usual cursing about the Empire’s limitations on trade and cargo. No, it was something about a plan? A human and a Neimoidian working together on some sort of plan. In his years he had dealt with con men and smugglers, he knew how they operated and talked. Con men tried acting normal and then would work their way slowly into being unreasonable in such a way you wouldn’t even notice and smugglers were upfront about it, they’d tell you immediately what they were doing. These were either the worst con men he had ever seen or they weren’t con men at all. So a twinge of curiosity was going through Rerrus and he couldn’t resist his urge to ask about these passengers.

“How long ‘ave ya been carryin’ cargo in these parts? Lookin’ at ya, hard to tell.” His voice was rough but he had a friendly type of growl. “Just curious, s’all.”

One of the passengers laughed at his statement, though it was a friendly laugh. He was the human, about an average human from what he’d seen in his years. Long hair, though, not quite the grizzled look some of these people had.

“You found us out, friend. Yes, we’re new to this career, though not out of choice. We were forced out of jobs once the Empire claimed this sector as their own.” He said with a charismatic smile. “But we were always great improvisers, so we decided to give this a try.”

“Aye, I’ve known a few like ya. Not an uncommon story ‘round these parts. Ever since this damn civil war started we’ve had all types pop up here, even you Coruscant types. Take it you were out elsewhere once the war started?” Drel inquired.

“Indeed we were, locked out and trapped in Empire space. We were lost for a few months before deciding to go where our credits could take us. Though that might not be a new occurrence for some of us.”

The human gave a light punch to his comrade, the stoic Neimoidian. Though he was shocked by the gesture of his friend and he quickly recovered and gave him an awkward punch back. The human laughed at his partner’s awkward response.

“You certainly don’t complain about it.” His friend shot back with some annoyance.

The trader turned his eye to the Neimoidian and immediately noticed his hand was replaced by a cybernetic one. This was odd to him considering that their tale made it unlikely for him to lose it at any point.

“What happened to it?” He asked, pointing to his hand. “Yer hand.”

There was a moment of hesitation.

“I lost it in an accident.”

“Sounds bad.” Rerrus simply said.

The human nodded before turning his attention to Rerrus once more. Something was still off about them to him but he felt no malice in their intentions. Perhaps it was the combination of the duo or maybe it was that their story didn’t line up. He remembered that he didn’t even ask them what their job even was.

“So, what’er yer doing on Corellia? Not particularly a good spot for trade anymore.” He mentioned.

“Delivering a shipment to the Empire, usually we’d try to distance ourselves from them but they are paying quite well for this job.” The human replied.

Rerrus had made his judgement on his passengers, in his mind they were nothing more than a couple of fools trying to make credits off this job. Maybe find something nice, maybe get back to the Republic. Whatever they were doing, it didn’t matter to him as they hitched a ride with him. They were at least entertaining for the time they were there. As the planet came into view, the human smiled once more. They arrived on the planet as planned and the human paid Rerrus very well for the trip.

They were Jedi and not the mere traders they pretended to be and their mission had yet to begin. The human was Korrith Ton-Arr, a Jedi Knight and the Neimoidian was named Ko Tai and was a master in his own right. The Imperial presence on Corellia prompted the Jedi to send in some of their own to scout out what exactly was going on. So, they hitched a ride to Corellia to get a Corellian center. This was, of course, Korrith’s plan.

Together they walked through a small town near the city. The Jedi were now in the heart of enemy territory now with stormtroopers and Imperial flags everywhere the eye could see. This struck fear into the hearts of the common man but to the Jedi they were a minor threat. Easy alone but dangerous in numbers. The Jedi didn’t want to start a fight quite yet, though they hid their lightsabers just in case. Otherwise the area looked well-kept, almost too well-kept. People walked orderly outside of the few traders and a few more of the shady types. The Empire clearly had an iron grip on Corellia. Korrith was irked by this, something just did not feel right. He turned to the Neimoidian who was concerned for a different reason.

“Your attempts at fooling that man nearly failed on us.” Ko Tai sighed.

“But it didn’t, I didn’t even have to use a mind trick to convince him.” Korrith whispered back to his comrade. “Live on the streets of a poor world for nine years of your life and you learn a thing or two about lying. It’s almost a mandatory trait.”

“And our actions could get Rerrus in trouble if we are caught. Do you know what the Empire does to traitors?” Ko Tai replied.

“Then it is up to us to make sure we don’t get caught. The simplest way would be to stop talking about it in public.” Korrith said as Ko Tai simply grunted.

The human Jedi had a little smile forming on his face, though quickly it faded as they walked through the Imperial zones deeper in the city. They knew they were getting to the poor districts, he saw disorganized masses of people walking by, young thieves making their first steal and smugglers talking about their deals. It was a truly odd case of nostalgia for Korrith, the good and bad, the struggles, the beatings. This was his life all those years ago on Laetai, only just barely surviving the years on his homeworld, living on sheer determination alone. It was there on Laetai that gave him the lying skills and the knowledge of trading he needed to trick Rerrus. Ko Tai, his experiences were different enough that he could not relate to the situation. He was raised as most Jedi, taken from a young age and trained by Master Yoda, slowly making his way up to being a Jedi Master. Yet seeing it first-hand prompted a different response, one that Korrith would agree with. Ko Tai silently vowed that he’d help the Republic take this planet back and fix things. Ko Tai had trained two padawans in his time and both ended in tragedy for him, as such he had a strong like of kids.

Their thoughts were cut short by the arrival of a set of Imperials, the ones the “traders” were set to meet. A woman was leading the charge, dressed in the usual Imperial uniform, Ko Tai was able to quickly deduce her rank as Admiral. She kept her brown hair tied back and she scouted the area with a small frown. Her body language was reminiscent of the usual Imperial military types, strict and formal but there were cracks. As she walked towards them, she gave concerned glances to the kids on the streets, even ordering one of her troopers to lower their rifles as to not scare the poor lad. Korrith stepped forward to meet her with no visible change in attitude, followed by Ko Tai.

“I take it you’re the traders that are supposed to give me supplies?” She asked Korrith before introducing herself. “Edrea Katima.”

“That’d be us.” He stated calmly. “We had to hitch a ride with a Rerrus Drel, good man, so our ship and supplies are back there with him. Sorry about that.”

Edrea understood the often-times troublesome way the Empire treated traders, they were strictly regulated and that turned many of them into smugglers. And in a district like this, there was no way they’d carry it on them without some protection.She then turned her attention to Ko Tai and studied him for a moment. He was silently cursing in his mind about how it was foolish to bring an “alien” Jedi to an Imperial world. Yet, he still accepted the mission anyways, being the hero he was there was no way he could’ve said no. But Ko Tai was luckily hard to read, one benefit to working with a liar like Korrith, he supposed. Ko Tai remained quiet though he was praying that his partner would say something to bail him out of this situation.

“I hope no one gave you any trouble for being here, sir. They tend to do that for anyone who’s not human. It’s sadly much too common around here but know that I do not approve of it.” She kindly said to Ko Tai. “All races are welcome here, no matter what a few bigots think.”

“Thank you.” He responded. “No one said anything, however they might have had a few thoughts or odd looks for me.”

“Well, that’s good. Perhaps people are learning, it’d be a nice change of pace around here.” She nodded. “You never gave me your names.”

“Ah, yes, I’m sorry about that, I’m afraid we got caught up in our other conversations. My name is Korrith Ton-Arr and my friend over there is Ko Tai.”

“Well, you two seem all-clear to go. I’ll send a crew to pick up your supplies.” Edrea said. “Have a good day, you two.”

As she and her stormtroopers started to walk away there was both relief and utter confusion in the Jedi. Korrith waved a dazed goodbye to the Imperial and turned back to Ko Tai who had a similar feeling to him. They waited until she was out of earshot before continuing with their conversation.

“That was too close.” Ko Tai muttered.

“Well, luckily we found the one decent Imperial in the Galaxy. I’m honestly surprised such a thing exists, let alone on the same planet as us.”

“We won’t be so lucky next time, I fear.” Ko Tai turned to him. “We need to be prepared for resistance.”

Korrith revealed a blaster on his side. “Well, I’d say that’s not a problem on my end.”

“Good. Let’s go on then.”

--

In Krennic’s office stood Galen Erso, silent but fearful of what would happen next. Next to him was Sann again, who stood quiet but watched his every move. Sann was nothing more than an engineer but even he could easily kill him if he desired or worse. Galen didn’t even know if his daughter had survived or had been found by his friend as planned. All he knew was that he was back under Krennic’s employ and forced to work on his Death Star project. Krennic stood before his desk, looking over a hologram of the Death Star’s current progress. He knew it’d be a long process but he was determined to get it done before Tarkin could take it from him. It was his legacy and he’d make sure he received the credit he deserved.

“Galen, take a seat please,” Krennic started before looking towards Sann, “You too, Sann.”

As they did as he said, he turned to them with a smile on his face. Galen knew this look, Orson was a master of pretending to be affable but the truth was the sophistication and “kindness” were all an act. Or maybe they weren’t in his eyes, maybe Krennic had no idea what those words meant and that was the closest he could get to it.

“Gentlemen, I am devoted to one thing and one thing only, peace and order throughout the galaxy. What all three of us are working on together is the key to this order. The Death Star will bring that order and together we will leave our mark on the future. But there are...obstacles to our goal. One of these obstacles is Tarkin, he wants to discredit me! He wishes to take this project away from me…”

There was disappointment in his voice. Sann merely nodded, he had listened to Krennic’s conversation with the governor earlier and had already heard this a few times by now. There was a gust of fear blowing through Galen. It was not Krennic’s goals, he had known them for years by now but what scared him was the very real possibility that Tarkin could gain control of the project. For years, he and Orson had been friends, or at the very least the closest you could get to friends with him, and that allowed Galen to survive all this time. Tarkin had no such attachments and Erso knew full well that there were others like him that could complete this project. It was important that Krennic stayed in charge of the Death Star otherwise…

“That is why we must work faster. What we have now is quite literally a shell, it’s barely even a weapon at the moment. We need to find a way to speed up the process and turn it into a functional weapon before Tarkin can stop us.”

“Currently the problem seems to be that it takes too many kyber crystals to be effective. We have mined whole planets and have minimal results if we could just...” Sann started to speak before Galen interrupted.

“That’s because you’re using it wrong. The kyber needs to be directly within the reactor. If you’re using energy injectors, you have an energy loss of thirty-five percent. The reactors are overworked, there is a high chance of the reactor exploding. But if the kyber is directly in there…”

“You create a Kyber Energy Acceleration Chamber. Going by your notes I reviewed it’s possible, just highly experimental. I can alter it to work on a Death Star scale.” Sann replied

Krennic smiled at the two, they had found the solution to his problem within minutes of him mentioning it to them. Sann was impressed at Galen’s skill, only having heard Krennic’s stories of him before. Erso lived up to them and then some.

“You solved that quickly.” Krennic said. “I’d expect nothing less from a brilliant mind like yours.”

Galen immediately knew that this was Krennic’s plan all along. He cursed to himself silently before looking towards both Sann and the Director, he hated his situation. Aid the Empire or die. He felt hopeless, lost, and unable to fight his own habits. Orson had noticed his frown and walked to his “friend” to speak to him.

“Why do you seem so upset, Galen? Our work will shape the Galaxy for years to come, the Death Star will ensure order throughout the Galaxy. It only needs to be used once.” Krennic said in a soft tone.

“If there is a Galaxy left after it’s finished, the only legacy we’ll have is fear and terror.” Galen whispered.

“Better than no legacy at all, I suppose.” He smiled.

--

The Blue Moon Den was seen as a haven for outsiders, a bar located on the moon of a dying world.. A quaint little spot in the “backwoods” of a small town, it gave off a rather homely vibe to many of its human and near-human visitors. With quiet music, a wooden build, and rather professional behavior, it was better than most of the other bars in the system. It was for the higher class of criminals that enjoyed their wealth and perhaps they didn’t even seem like criminals at first. And even the non-criminal customers were very wealthy and influential people, politicians, generals, sometimes even royalty.

A tall figure stood at the door to the bar. To the figure, the door itself seemed pitifully small, but she was used to it at this point. The two Wookiees which guarded the place which always seemed hesitant to let her in, too, she had gotten used to. The fuzzy humanoids growled at each other, looking at the looming figure with a hint of distrust. Their attention was soon drawn to the ID the figure held out to them, and after a few grunts and nods to each other, the wookiees stepped aside and opened the door to her favorite bar.

“Thanks- ow.

The only problem was, the Blue Moon Den was not designed with the extreme height of Atosians like Freya Camasau in mind. And despite how often she visited, Freya would never get used to bumping her head on the cross-beams holding up the roof.

Freya Camasau was a rather tall Atosian -- which says something, considering how tall Atosians naturally are -- standing at nearly 10 feet tall, with burgundy hair and practically porcelain skin. She wore a maroon jacket over a purple undershirt, cargo shorts, and a pair of combat boots; “standard fare” for temperate worlds. Her hair was a long mess, hanging past her hips and clearly uncombed nor cut. It was, however, soft to the touch; several people sitting at tables reached out to try for a feel -- with minimal success.

As she walked by, a few of the male customers started to give a few glances her way. A few even made comments, which she often ignored. She had heard it all. It was a bit annoying -- no, quite annoying -- but she didn’t let it get to her. She just had to talk to one-

Ow.

The ceiling. Right. That was still there. She cursed inwardly and set herself forward again.

Freya sat down at the bar, looking at a purple and gold banner which was hanging on the wall. She’d seen that before; many times, in many places.

“Freya,” the bartender walked up to her spot at the bar. “The usual?” She nodded, and he began pouring from the tap. “How’ve you been?”

“Been better, Caleb,” she grumbled a bit, leaning on her elbow.

“Ah,” the bartender said with a nod. “What a shame.” He put the glass down. Freya promptly picked it up and chugged the whole drink.

“As you can see,” she said. “Needed that.”

“Knowing you, another?” He said jokingly. “Maybe another after that? Never can tell with you. By the way, I asked about accommodations for ya. Atosians, I mean.”

“Mm.” She nodded, rubbing her eyes. “Haven’t been gettin’ much sleep either, so, need somethin’ to wake me up.”

“Well, we just got a shipment of Atosian Ale from the Boss...genuine. It’d be like being at home.”

She chuckled. “If it’s in the freezer room, put me in there with it. Then it’d be like being at home.” Freya cracked a toothy grin.

“Ha, you’re right. You’re free to jump in if you want the real experience.” Caleb laughed before getting a bit more serious. “Also, sorry about Graz and Nak givin’ ya a hard time, they’re just doin’ their jobs here. They should know you by now. Not many like you ‘round here.”

“Yeah, not many of us out here anyways. Most of us just stay planetside.”

“Can’t be nice knowin’ the Empire’s got your home, can it? Sorry to bring that up so soon afterwards but...curious.”

“Eh. Far as I can tell, parents aren’t enjoying it. Half the planet likes ‘em, half the planet hates ‘em. Literally half.”

“Personally, I hate the buggers. They took half of my loyal customers away from me. Boss ain’t too happy either.” Caleb muttered as he cleaned out a glass. “Lost a lotta people too. Boss is wondering if you’re still working for him or not. He needs to know.”

“Well, still friends of the family, aren’t I?” She shrugged. “‘S long as it’s not too much of a bother. He knows my moral obligations, and he respects ‘em, as far as I recall.”

“Well, it’s been a few months since you last did a job for him an’ he asked me to ask you cuz…” He started.

“Playin’ the messenger again?”

“No. I actually chose to do this myself.” He purred. “Can’t miss out on my favorite customer.”

“Oh, stop it.”

“Well, that was only part of it. Boss needed someone you trusted. You trust me, right?”

“Of course! Why wouldn’t I?”

Caleb turned serious for a moment and then looked towards Freya, giving her a quick nod before gesturing to her to follow him. He lead her to the back of the bar, she had only been there once or twice in her life.

“Yay, another tour!” She chuckled, standing up -- crouching a bit, though -- to avoid hitting her head on the ceiling again. As the door opened, however, she saw something a bit...strange, to her eyes.

“The hell is this? Not again!”

Caleb let out a sigh, he clearly expected that answer. Two men had been tied up, they were frozen in place but breathing. This was…

“Dammit, this is the fifth time this has happened in the past two months.”

“Fifth? Two months?” Freya asked, tilting her head to the side. “You can’t be serious.”

“I mean, hasn’t ever really been two people, but…” Caleb ran a hand through his hair. “This is really getting outta control.”

Freya nodded. She crouched down, looking closely at the two. “Who did this? Just for a lead, y’know.” She looked back at Caleb. “I’m still gonna take his job, too, but, you know…” She turned back.

“Jed...i…” one of them said weakly. Freya nodded, then looked back at Caleb.

“You wouldn’t happen to know any Jedi who’ve recently been here, would you?” Freya asked, arms crossed. “I mean, I’m no Imperial, but that seems...kinda fishy, don’t you think?”

“They can fight their damn war but the moment they harm my customers, they’ve crossed the line. I don’t know who they were but we’ll find them.” Caleb sighed. “Can’t believe the Republic allows this.”

He then looked inside their pockets.

“Well, they at least had the decency not to rob them completely. Still have everything on ‘em. So, what’s yer plan, lady?”

"Don't go banning them yet. Allow them in and investigate while they're there." Freya said. "In the meantime, what's that job he's offering?"

“Infiltration.”

Freya smiled. “Sounds fun.”
--

A scuffle. Loud noises. A knocked out Imperial and a pair of handcuffs. The Jedi’s plans were already in motion. Korrith tied his hair back and stole the Imperial’s uniform. It was a bit of a tight fit, he was annoyed by this fact and Ko Tai hated playing the role of the the prisoner. Korrith was specifically playing into the Empire’s bigotry but it made it no less embarrassing for the Neimoidian. Though he played his part, Ko Tai did enjoy giving Korrith a hard time, even Ko Tai had a funny side. As Korrith pushed him forward, he gave him a little headbutt and tried to run away. Korrith rushed after him and tackled him, then lifted him up. Ko Tai gave him a little smirk as he rose up.

“Oh, you’re enjoying this a bit too much aren’t you?” Korrith scowled.

Ko Tai simply laughed. The human Jedi just rolled his eyes as he continued forward. They walked towards the Imperial base. A dark tower of metal appeared on the horizon and they could see a group of white clad stormtroopers ahead. As they grew closer, more and more appeared ahead. Whatever was hidden in that base it was important, making it even more important that the Jedi found it. They moved on with renewed purpose and a strong will, ready to take on anything the Empire would send their way.

As they were within walking distance from the Imperial base, a stormtrooper walked up to them. His white armor was clean, it was clear that he had never seen combat before. The stormtroopers were infamously understaffed and had no skilled warriors besides the defected clones. The Empire favored sheer numbers over skilled warriors but they were effective about placing them in areas where their numbers could be used. Korrith put on his most serious face and Ko Tai continued laughing as if he had gone mad, snarling and drooling. The stormtrooper staggered back, surprised by this behavior.

“Wh..what’s your business here?” The stormtrooper stammered in fear.

“I found this alien scum beating down one of our own in the poor district. I’m taking him to a cell, where such scum belongs. Tell me, where are the prisoners located, so I can put this filth to justice?”

“Sector B. I will relay this information to Director Krennic immediately.” The stormtrooper nodded. “Good work.”

As the stormtrooper walked off, the two Jedi listened to his words. Krennic. The Jedi recognized that name, the Director of the Imperial Weapons Division, one of the defectors to the Empire. Orson Krennic being involved made it even more serious, whatever he was working on could only mean the Empire was working on something powerful. Once again, things had become even more serious for the Jedi. They gave each other a glance and nod before they trekked on. The sterile white halls of the Imperial base gave them no comfort, every part of it was massed produced and the same. The passing stormtroopers looked to be almost extensions of the base itself. Korrith was quickly scanning the rooms trying to look for a place to free Ko Tai and cause havoc in the base. He had to keep up the act of being taking a prisoner...yes! That’d be his plan, he’d free Ko Tai in the cells! Ko Tai was worried as soon as he saw Korrith’s smile, he knew that there was some crazy plan brewing in that mind of his.

Korrith raced down the halls looking for Sector B, passed by waves of stormtroopers and saluting Imperials, it was odd to say the least. He knew he had reached the prisoners when he reached a pair of stormtroopers guarding a door, it made sense for them to guard that exit as when Korrith arrived he saw the rooms with the cell were a little bare. Just a gray room with a set of metal bars to hold whoever was in there. A lone weequay sat in there, which was an intimidating sight. His body was covered in markings that were almost scar like and his dark black skin accentuated that fact. Shaved hair minus a few locks that went down long and black and red. His tattered cloak suggested that he only arrived after a fight. Ko Tai did not wish to find out. Yet there he was, almost meditating alone and paying no mind to the Jedi that arrived in there.

Korrith quickly tore off his Imperial disguise and broke the cuffs that held Ko Tai and handed him his lightsaber. The stormtrooper guards had heard this and rushed in with their blasters ready. The human Jedi closed his eyes and focused, guiding his blaster to his hand with the Force. With lightning fast reflexes he pulled the trigger twice and sent out two red bolts, hitting his enemies and sending their limp bodies tumbling to the ground in the moment they had arrived. He let out a sigh and opened his eyes, catching his breath for a moment. It took a lot of energy for Korrith to even do that and that fact was his greatest flaw. He was not naturally inclined to the Force, the bare minimum to be a Jedi it seemed. Ko Tai turned his attention to the prisoner, who remained calm and meditating even after all that commotion. But there were more important things to worry about at that moment, the alarm had started to go off throughout the base. Korrith held his blaster close to him, he trusted it more than any saber he had ever used, Ko Tai on the other hand felt safer with one and ignited his blade. The familiar hum of the blade and the warm glow guided his thoughts.

“I’ll find out what they are working on here, I just…” Ko Tai started.

“Need a distraction? I can do that. I’ll keep them away from you, you just find out whatever’s going on here.” Korrith shouted. He heard the footsteps draw closer. “Just go!”

“May the Force be with you.” Ko Tai nodded.

“May it be with you too.”

The Jedi ran out their different ways, Korrith to the right and Ko Tai to the left. Blaster shots and the buzz of a successful saber swing echoed throughout the halls. The weequay could hear it, he heard all of it. He felt their fear earlier, he felt his rage. Yet he focused it, turned it into a fine tool. A wicked smile slowly appeared on his face as his eyes opened.

“So it begins.” A deep chuckle emanated throughout the room.

--

The Director was alerted immediately, he rushed throughout the halls shouting orders frantically. His cape swung behind him as if it was almost his anger given physical form. He knew that the Republic would try to attack but so soon after the Battle of Alzoc 3 where the Republic had been overwhelmed the Empire’s massive army of stormtroopers after initially having the advantage. General Marius Tordahn led the Empire to victory after three long weeks of battle. The Republic had to have been run by complete fools to attack now. Krennic’s annoyance was doubled once he remembered that his personal army of Death Troopers were left behind as not to draw suspicion to this base on Corellia.

“WHAT ARE YOU IDIOTS WAITING FOR?! FIND THE INTRUDERS AND KILL THEM!” Krennic yelled in a frantic rage. “ARE YOU DEAF?! GO!”

Stormtroopers nodded and passed by in the dozens. He had no faith in their ability to succeed but he did have faith in their ability to buy him time to make sure all of his assets make it out of the attack intact. Sann calmly met up with him, dwarfing everything in the room around him. He paid no mind to the chaos around him.

“Where is Erso?! He is essential to my project’s...our project’s success. If he dies then we might as well die too!” Krennic screeched.

“Galen Erso is compiling all the data onto a disk. It’ll make it out of here unharmed, Director.” The giant nodded. “I’ll make sure he makes it out unharmed as well.”

“Make sure of it. I’ll accept no failures even from you.” Krennic spoke in a dead serious tone.

The Atosian simply grunted and went in the direction he last saw Galen go off in. Krennic had no time to watch as he made his way towards his personal ship. He would not stay and let Tarkin take control of his project by dying now. Muttering a few curses and filled with rage, he would not let a minor setback such as this attack deny him his legacy. Though he did not know at the time that he had passed by Ko Tai, hiding in a corner. The Neimoidian let out a single chuckle at how blind Krennic would have to be to miss him. The Jedi swiftly turned the corner, scouting the area for any more stormtroopers. Clear, now was his time to follow the Atosian he had seen earlier to find the project they had talked about. Whatever it was it involved Galen Erso, he had known that name as one of the greatest scientists he had ever heard of. He had been officially declared missing but most everyone knew the Empire had taken him. What was surprising was that he was apparently alive. As he followed the Atosian quietly, he wondered just why did Krennic need him alive? It was troubling to say the least, though the Jedi had not much time to think on it as squad of 10 or so stormtroopers turned the corner and located him. He cursed as he knew that meant that he’d be unable to reach Erso in time. They advanced towards him with their rifles trained on him. He activated his lightsaber, being illuminated by the blue light.

They fired their bolts at him and he deflected of few of their shots with his saber, though not without quick thinking on his part. One of the deflected bolts hit a trooper sending him crumpling to the ground with a hole burnt into his armor. The Jedi then used his fast reflexes to leap forward and slice at one of the guards, cutting through his armor and sending him to the ground screaming. A moment passed before another guard took the shot, hitting Ko Tai in the shoulder and sending the Jedi staggering back. It burned him but the Jedi kept calm, pain is only temporary, he thought to himself. He shot his palm out and sent a few of the stormtroopers flying back with the Force. He sensed another coming towards him with a melee weapon of sorts. It was only a second before the Neimoidian turned and slashed at him. The blue blade cut straight through the stormtrooper. Ko Tai deactivated his lightsaber and let out a sigh, he never liked killing. It was necessary here but it still left him some doubt. He then focused back to the task at hand, he dashed towards where he last saw that Atosian go.

--

Galen worked hard to make sure that Sann would not find him easily. The scientist rushed and gathered all the information on the weapon he could. Simulation data, design specs, the blueprints, all compiled onto one disc. Yet, he now had a smile on his face, however small and a new sense of purpose. He had heard the conflict from outside, the electric buzz of a lightsaber and the loud wave of blaster shots urged him to move faster. There was not much time, he knew that it was only a matter of minutes until Sann caught up with him and brought him to Krennic. The Director would only be more cautious now, he’d have more eyes on his scientists, Galen had to become his defeated friend. He had to learn to lie, maybe to himself too, whatever he needed to do to stop this weapon from ever being made.

Sann wasted no time with talk as he bursted in and grabbed Galen. His grip was strong and Galen could not resist it even if he wanted to. The noises were getting closer and closer now and yet Sann paid no time as he dragged Galen throughout the base towards Krennic’s ship. Though Erso knew that he’d likely make it out in one piece, it was no less terrifying to be dragged out in the middle of a battle. Stormtroopers ran past them, looking for the intruders and splitting up to find them both. Krennic stood by his ship, his cape billowing in the air as he waited for the engineers to arrive. He held his own blaster by his side, although he was no soldier he was much more willing to get his hands dirty than the usual Imperial. Everything he did, he worked towards and he cared not about the blood on his hands. He saw the giant shape of Sann appear and a grin formed on his face. His work survived.
--
Blaster fire whizzed past his head and he did not care one bit. Korrith was doing his distraction job spectacularly, the troopers were mainly focused on him and not looking for Ko Tai. A little too well, perhaps. He was cornered now in one of the many communications room with little more than his blaster, his saber and his wits. In his mind this was more than enough to deal with a few stormtroopers and maybe most Jedi would agree with him. Though he had several close calls in the past and his ability to use the Force was limited compared to most Jedi, a bit of a tricky situation it seemed. As more blaster bolts were sent flying his way, he decided to contact Ko Tai with their communicators.

“Hey, Ko? How’s it going over there?” He said casually.

“I wasn’t able to find Galen Erso but I’m searching for anything that could help us find out just what the Empire is doing here. Whatever it is, it requires our complete attention.” His voice came out from it.

“Oh, that’s nice. Well, I’m just here. Pinned down by stormtroopers. Might die. Y’know, the usual!” Each word was punctuated by the sound of blaster shots and pained grunts. “Well, maybe I won’t die but…”

“You need help? I will come back for you once I find anything on what they are working on, just tell me where you are.” Ko Tai replied.

“Communications. There’s a lot of a stormtroopers here, you can’t miss it!” Korrith mentioned as he leaned out of cover and shot back at the enemy.

“Try to stay alive.” Ko Tai was clearly smiling behind the radio.

“What do you think I have been doing?!” Korrith muttered before turning off communications.

He closed his eyes once more, listening to the sound of the stormtroopers’ footsteps and the clanking of their armor. The Force guided his hands to the right place but his skill also saved him, his blaster was ready. He fired once at the stormtrooper, he crashed down to the ground in an instant. He was getting ready for his second shot until he was grazed by a blaster bolt, he took the shot and missed. Another stormtrooper fired at him and missed the body but blew up the monitor he was standing by. The Jedi grunted in pain and was knocked off his feet by the small explosion. He cursed to himself, muttering through the pain and reaching for his blaster, which had skidded off after the explosion. He kept his eyes closed, praying that the Force guided him to find it. His hands futilely went over the floor around him, he heard their footsteps get closer, right around him. Executions, the Empire were fond of making a show out of killing people, what better way would be there be than killing a Jedi for the whole galaxy to see? He cursed to himself.

Then he felt it, not the blaster which was still out of his reach, but the Force. It was the first time he had ever felt it flowing through him this strongly. His mind raced faster than it ever had, millions of plans went through his head in an instant and reached the conclusion that’d save his life. With a quick flick of his hand he sent the troopers’ weapons flying out of their hands and caused one trooper with a strong grip to go flying into the walls. He held out his hand and felt his blaster fall into his hand. He heard a sound, grenade. Without a thought he shot at the soldier’s arm. An explosion followed soon after, he heard a loud screech as the stormtroopers were blown away by it. He opened his eyes and saw what he had done. He was quite impressed honestly.
--
Ko Tai had arrived in Galen’s office, it was very plain and had nothing personal. A few desks and some scattered supplies. Not a surprise to him, the Empire was very mass-produced and plain, rarely was anything personal here. He looked for anything, everything. Desks, counters, and all the such were turned over to find something here. He had almost given up until he found something. He walked over slowly as to not set off any traps or alert anyone else to his presence. What he had found was a disc, the contents of which were unknown to him but he figured that’d be as good evidence as any. He latched it onto himself and swiftly made his way out of the office. He looked out for any more stormtroopers or any other threats before dashing out to the halls, trying to make his way to Korrith.

“I have good news, I have found something in Galen’s office. Only I don’t know what I have found. How are you doing Korrith?”

“Fairly well, actually. I dealt with the threat from earlier and am heading your way as we speak. We’ll rendezvous at the cells we started at I’ll be there...well, we’ll find out when we get there I suppose!”
-
Korrith had started to make his way back to the prison section. He had a little smile as this went much better than he thought it would. He figured this entire mission would be a disaster and that they’d never get it done but it seems like it was a complete success. Yet there was still something that bothered him. It was eating at him slowly, turning that feeling of success into something a bit more uncertain. He felt something he had felt earlier, that same feeling of mild discomfort he had felt earlier in the prison. It was only a few moments later that he recognized exactly what he was feeling. He was much more alert, he heard what was coming. Walking noises from not far away. His breathing quickened, he noticed everything that was going on and even that was not enough to prepare him for what came next.

A red lightsaber tore through the wall ahead of him, sending sparks and heat his way. That feeling Ko Tai felt earlier in the prison was the Dark Side of the Force and now Korrith was right in front of it. He sighed and got out his lightsaber, the white light engulfing him.

“Lovely.”
CaptainStarbird wrote:
gigan72 wrote:MMMMM, HEISEI
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY
UNLIKE THOSE ANOREXIC SHOWA MODELS!
CaptainStarbird wrote: "Look under your chair for a gift, it's a bitchslap!"