The last of the Last Battalion

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

pta917
Xilien Halfling

The last of the Last Battalion

Post by pta917 »

South American HYDRA base-former Millennium base

"We should have raided this place right after the fall of Millennium, Baron." a bald man with blue eyes, wearing a white lab-coat as he walked to the left of Strucker

"It wasn't the best of times, everyone was looking for this place, still we were lucky that no one found it." The Baron replied

"Yes. But what ever useful information we could have found is gone, taken from us by the hand of time." The scientist continued

"A loss indeed, yet we have a specimen and with the Scepter the way too make him so much more. Now were you able to accomplish anything?"

"Of course, the regenerative abilities have been enhanced, full limbs can now be recovered, any weakness to sunlight is gone, and senses heightened to the point he can rival any of Millenniums elite. That scepter truly is a blessing to our organization."

With this final words they finished their walk down a dark, dirty hallway, lit only by some ceiling lights, they were now in front of a reinforced door guarded by two heavily armored soldiers, they saluted their two superiors and opened it.

"Please Baron after you." The scientist said signaling him to enter, with a peculiar sick grin on his face.

"You enjoy your work to much." Strucker replied going in.

"How can a man not enjoy is duty to serve." He replied.

As the door closed, a single lamp lit up the room, to their left was a single cell, which was also full of darkness, what keep it separated from them was reinforced glass, even if it had a few dents in it.

"On your feet soldier, on your feet Reinhold Fortner, come meet your commander, the Barron Wolfgang von Strucker!" the bald man roared with overwhelming authority

For a moment there was nothing, Strucker moved closer to try and figure out who was inside, then a face emerged from the shadows. The soldier had blue eyes and the left side had what seemed to be a burn scar, he gave a small grin but then saluted his superior with the classical Nazi salute followed by "Hail Hydra".

"He has a taste for the classical." The scientist said in a apologetic tone.

"No matter, people always say that you can't teach a old dog new tricks." Strucker replied.

"This dog is ready for combat, my Führer." Reinhold whispered with obvious eagerness.

"In time. What about the Ghouls?" Baron asked looking back at the bald man.

"Their numbers are growing, people around here would do anything for a offer of money. They can take simple orders and will follow Fortner every order." The scientist replied, very enthusiastically.

"Release them and their master. We believe SHIELD will be here in a day, and we cannot leave any trace of our research here." Baron growled.

"What about the staff sir!?"

"Everyone will be evacuated, from this facility only the Ghouls and the vampire will remain, we will leave now, the staff will leave in the remaining helicopters and I want one for our "newest" soldier. Did you ear this!? You will do your work here and leave, only the Ghouls will remain as a surprise for SHIELD." The leader of HYDRA announced once more as the door to the room opened.

As he walked out the scientist stayed behind.

"Now Reinhold Fortner, it will be an hour before your cell opens, with it the ghouls and our "volunteers" cells with it, I hope you can make good use of them to welcome SHIELD." the scientist said in a quiet, yet sick tone

"Mister Ashworth, as you know I am no child, when SHIELD arrives they will be properly received." the ancient soldier replied
Davros wrote:This is my ultimate victory, Doctor! The destruction of REALITY ITSELF!

pta917
Xilien Halfling

Re: The last of the Last Battalion

Post by pta917 »

"Alright people let's get ready we jump in a few minutes." Steve Rogers said, to the men in the Quinjet

Among them were Widow and Hawkeye, Widow stood beside the pilot observing the surrounding jungle, while Hawkeye was reading his arrows. The other soldiers just sat there like a soldier does before battle. Soon the doors to the Quinjet opened, by now everyone was up and preparing their parachutes for the jump, except the Captain.

Widow stepped between the men to reach Cap and give him the latest update.

"From the last survey, the base must be empty, the last chopper left about 2 hours ago, apparently 3 hours after the rest of the staff." she said in a usual calm self

"Just means we're gaining ground. Alright I want five men guarding the main exit and the other five guarding the helicopter pad. Romanoff, Barton, we'll enter the base and recover what ever kind of information that can give us the location of the Scepter and HYDRA's plans." the Captain announced, which caused the first five men to jump off as they approached the landing pad

A few minutes later the remaining group jumped, leaving their pilot to find a good landing spot. A huge sound was heard as Cap landed on the forest's ground using nothing but his shield to stop his fall, he looked around at some birds and other animals rushing away from his location.

"Good thing, there isn't anyone expecting us." Hawkeye remarked, picking up his bow

He simply replied with a small laugh, the two men walked past a few trees, they found a elevation on the ground which had two rusty metal doors, they seemed so old it was a miracle they still stood, two soldiers went to it's right, two to the left and the fifth opened up the doors which simply opened, no traps, no scares, no nothing. Cap signaled them to close the doors as the trio of Avengers went inside.

They lit their flashlights and started going down the dusty stairs, till finally they placed their feet on firm floor, it was a huge hallway, looking around Hawkeye found a switch, which he immediately used it to lit up the lamps on the ceiling startling his two teammates.

"You should have warned us!" Cap said composing himself

"Seems like someone is a little sensitive." Widow said mockingly

Hawkeye chuckled a bit, just to have a sound stop him, at the same time all of them looked down the hallway and a shape started to take form from the deeps of the old facility, right away they went into battle formation, as it kept getting closer and closer, till it became perfectly clear who it was. A man, tanned skin, wearing a dirty yellow jumpsuit, the right side was full of blood, soon it became clear it came from a open wound on his shoulder that left his arm dangling by a few strands of muscle, he shambled towards them using the bloodied axe that he carried on his left hand as a crutch.

They rushed to him, just in time to catch the man from falling, as Cap effortlessly caught him, walking around his Widow saw that his back was also badly damaged from what ever had done the shoulder wound, Cap knelled down and used his knee to support this stranger up.

"What happened here?" Widow asked

"De...mo...ns..." the man mumbled weakly

"Demons!?" Cap asked looking at Widow

"They...brought them...I just...wanted to save...my family..." he continued

"It must have been HYDRA." Hawkeye replied trying to help in this situation

To this the body went limp as the last pieces of life left this poor man, a moment of silence followed yet again something interrupted it, looking at the hallway Hawkeye picked his bow and aimed it into the dark abyss, from where purple eyes emerged and animalistic growls with them, as they got close he saw that they wore the same yellow dirty jumpsuits, stained with blood, but it was dry not their own, their skin was a decaying gray and their teeth sharp.

"Demons..."the Avenger uttered catching the attention of the other two

Once again the trio stood side by side facing this group of three creatures, one of them had a arm missing and other wounds from a axe. To make things quick, as they didn't know what they could do, a single arrow was fired to the one in the center hitting it in the head and soon it exploded sending small pieces of metal to the ghouls besides it, they went down easily. The group started walking towards the fallen creatures, just to be shocked as the two that were caught by the attack got back up, with the affected sides burned and with a few pieces of metal, but still they advanced.

As this happened a metallic sound crept up from behind them, Widow was the one to look back, as the other two were facing down the creatures, it was the man from before now on his feet and turned into one of those things with his axe dragging across the floor. A weak swing came at her, which was easily dodged and replied with a kick to the gut bending it over, with a spinning kick it was sent into the wall letting go of the axe, and losing it's dangling arm in the process soon the being was once again on the offensive throwing it self at Romanoff who fired several shots into it's gut creating some separation.

Mean while, Cap had just taken his down with a sing from his shield separating the torso from the legs and then a final hit to the head so it finally stopped moving. Barton had also stopped his pinning it into the wall, with a arrow and then a final electrified projectile to the head. Looking back Romanoff had used the arrow to decapitate hers.

"So...zombies?" Widow said taking a breath

"Zombies!?" Cap asked somewhat confused

"Simple take out the head and they go down, or at least knocks these ones down. And don't let it bite you." as the one pinned to the wall still moved a little

Their search continued, now the inhuman growls seemed to completely surround them, after a few turns they reached a place with a few doors, one of them was labeled "Communications", only in German. As they went inside there were several types of equipment and the wall in front of them was windowed and led to a massive hangar, Widow went straight to the machines, Hawkeye checked what seemed to be a map of the facilities on the wall and Cap just looked around on how abandoned this place seemed.

"How old is this facilite anyways?" he asked

"Why you ask?" Widow said flipping around with some buttons

"Since we entered the whole thing seemed abandoned, but at least it seemed like someone had used the hallway, but since our last turn it seems like this section hasn't been used for years." he continued his realization

"He's right, this paper is barely holding together." Barton replied back, as with a simple touch part of the map withered away

"And what is this hangar for?" Cap asked approaching Romanoff and pointing outside of the window

Widow for a moment stopped and looked at the empty hangar, it was huge, going on for miles and had the places for at least 3 ships from what she could see and something came to hear mind, something that only a few knew about and the base that never was found, in South America, still this wasn't the time for this.

"From what I can see if we go down the hall and turn right there will be some stairs that will lead to another hallway, go to the right and finally there will be the control room and the information we want." Haweye announced

"Alright let's go and think about this later." Widow said walking out

So they did, went down the stairs to the hallway, yet things weren't so easy it was being patrolled by zombies on each side. Cap was quick to think and look at the ceiling noticing a crack on their left, he pointed it out to Barton who came to the same conclusion, taking aim he fired an explosive arrow at it after the impact it came crashing down on them crashing a few creatures and blocking the way for others. The beings that remained began stumbling towards them a simple thing to solved, Cap placed his shield in front of him, his companions took cover behind and simply charged through the few obstacles in their way, with Widow and Hawkeye firing down at those who wouldn't go down so easily.

Till finally the doors to the control room was in their reach, Cap kicked it open and as soon as he entered he staggered back shocked, the two other Shield agents entered to see what affected him so much. Inside were the computers, obviously altered for current usage, even if some parts were destroyed, that wasn't the problem the whole room was full of blood all over and the remains of several people and looking up there was a flag, the Nazi flag, finally Widow understood that she was right.

"What is this!?" Steve asked, visually shocked

Widow didn't even reply, she went for the computers and removing the gore covering the keyboard and started working on recovering anything useful, a few clicks in and the main central screen turned on and what seemed to be the pov of a camera showing someone adjusting it.

"You managed to get something?" Barton asked looking over her shoulder

"No. I think I must have activated it." Widow said looking up at the screen

On the screen the men finally seemed to have set up the camera how he wanted, he took a seat, behind him was a the monstrous flag and the light was adjusted so that his figure was hidden, his blue eyes still glowed through the shadow, it seemed like he was about to speak. Quickly Widow picked up a small device and connected it to the main panel.

"Are you going to broadcast this back to Fury?" Barton asked Widow who just nodded wanting to listen to the man

"London, the place of our last dance, the world welcomed us back with fire and death the true welcome of a warrior, a welcome to the only place were people like us belong, Hell. It was glorious, blood filled streets, buildings burning down, screams filling the air, it was beautiful." he said in a nostalgic tone before pausing

"Then I remained, my comrades, my commanding officers, dead. Yet I live, the last of the SS, a dog baying for a return to the battlefield the only place I've called home and now after all these years of waiting this dog will come back. So to who ever ears this, will it be Hellsing, the Vatican or even SHIELD prepare to be awakened from yours beds, taken out into the streets and witness the sounds of war! While a building still stands, while people still leave at peace my mission will not be over. The will of The Major will be fulfilled!" he ranted with a passionate fury and eagerness for bloodshed

All of them were left stunned by this, such a anger towards humanity and lust for war is truly something monstrous even beyond what they imagined HYDRA to do. Widow was the first to react, only because she heard the voice of Nick Fury coming from her earpiece.

"I want you to leave that base and seal any way in or out till I get the proper people over there." he ordered

"What about our current mission?" she asked

"For now it's over, we have bigger things to worry about."

Fury looked around at the room full of several officers and technicians who were overseeing the operation, he signaled for someone to take over for him as he went out to make a phone call. He walked outside as his call was answered by a woman.

"I am sorry if this is not the best of moments but we need the help of your people." he said in a strange respectful tone

"We can't right now, we have our own problems." the woman on the other side replied harshly

"We found something while raiding a HYDRA base that might be of your interest." he continued

"HYDRA does not fall under our supervision or area of operation." she replied in a collected tone

"We found a old base in South America, which we believe is the original hideout of Millennium, and evidence that what the Zeppelin incident might once again happen. So now Sir Integra can you help us."

"I'll be there right away." she replied still rather calm

"I'll send you the details as soon as possible." with this she hangup

Integra placed her phone on the desk, picked up one of her cigars and then shouted "Seras!", she continued to lit it and start to smoke it. The girl entered the study and stood in front of the desk ready to receive her instructions.

"It seems like once again one Nazi managed to survive, also SHIELD found their base and from what I understood it's not a pretty situation. Prepare for departure, this time not one of those miserable insects will survive!" she said, finally roaring furiously the last phrase

"Yes Master." Seras replied leaving
Davros wrote:This is my ultimate victory, Doctor! The destruction of REALITY ITSELF!

pta917
Xilien Halfling

Re: The last of the Last Battalion

Post by pta917 »

Ashworth stood near his chopper,it had landed on the shore of some small lake, with him two HYDRA soldiers, he paced back and forth around the chopper waiting for Reinhold Fortner. Looking up at the horizon he saw what he recognized as one of his choppers, he simply looked back at the two men who quickly picked up some flares to signal their position, it started to lower and landed close to the water.

The scientist, observed as the old soldier walked out, still wearing the same yellow jumpsuit stained with blood. A huge grin marked his face as he approached the bald man, who seemed unmoved by this ghoulish figure.

"You think it was smart to leave SHIELD that message? Did you think we weren't monitoring what ever came in and out of that base?" Ashworth asked

"You should thank me, I gave them something else to worry about while your people retreat and reorganize." the soldier replied looking at the other two men with hungry eyes

"Even so, you forced their hand and now Hellsing is on the way, the Baron has altered our orders, now more then ever we need to divert their attention. So you might be able to end your mission after all." the scientist replied with a strange grin at the end

To this the vampire started to laugh, maniacally, the three humans were stunned by this, the soldiers didn't say anything, as it wasn't their place, yet the scientist did not appreciate such reaction to his words.

"What's so funny!?" he roared

With a small chuckle the monster turned to him and replied:

"Your right...this is pitiful. HYDRA once one of the strongest powers of the Third Reich, left to hide in the shadows off the very world it wishes to conquer!" the soldier growled

"How dare you insult us!? We survived all these years, infiltrating every infrastructure of society unlike you we will be successful in the end." the men replied

"Millennium's objectives were different." the old warrior replied

"You were all a bunch of psychopathic dog's, blood hungry and savage!" the man replied once more to which the right hand of his creation wrapped around his neck

"Then you should think before you act Schnecke, or this dog may just bite you!" he roared throwing the other aside like a ragdoll

The other two immediately pointed their weapons at him, he grinned, his blue eyes turned red, teeth sharp, they were dead man, yet Ashworth got back up and placed himself between his guards and the blood hungry vampire.

"We have no time for this, now kneel dog." he said in a sadistic tone, placing his right hand on his right pocket

A sharp pain went through the body of the creature as he placed his hands on his neck and fell to his knees. The scientist looked down at him showing a small remote with a red button, the soldier tried to grab it but his arm was paralyzed by the pain.

"You think that I wouldn't have any type of countermeasures for you, even a vampire can't resist the voltage that your implants produce..." he began before being interrupted

"Implants?" it asked now on all fours

"Yes. I did remove your old chip, but all of us knew that we needed something to keep in line my Genosse." Ashword replied, with a authoritarian tone ending with a grin

"Now on your feet Reinhold Fortner, I have no need for a vampire who can't fight."

With this the pain stopped, Reinhold slowly got back up and simply nodded as he knew there would be better opportunities to attack.

SHIELD have now created a perimeter around the two only entrances to the ancient base, the nine soldiers, Hawkeye and Cap stayed while the other soldier and Widow, got a jeep to go to the nearest airport, which was nothing more then a landing track and a control tower, it was normally used by military. Right now a small private jet was finishing it's landing, Widow leaned up against the jeep waiting, while the soldier remained on the drivers seat.

When the door opened two women walked out, the first one tall, light tanned skin, long blond hair, glasses but more surprisingly a eye-patch over her left eye, she was followed by a smaller girl with wearing all red, white gloves like the other one had, she too was blonde with her hair tied back. Widow walked towards them and the soldier exited the vehicle in sign of respect.

"Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing." Romanoff said taking a small bow in respect

"What's the situation?" she asked cutting straight to the matter at hand

"The facility is contained, we were ordered to keep so till your arrival." Widow replied in a serious tone

"Seras..." she said picking up a cigar

Right away the girl in red placed herself on her masters side waiting for orders.

"Clean the facilite, help them with anything they need." she continued calmly, smoking

"Yes master." the girl replied dragging a large weapons crate from their transport

"I see that everything is set here, I'll be going." Integra said turning back to the plain

Widow looked at this scene as the jet started moving, and one question was on her mind as she looked at this girl, who was clearly younger then her and was all alone in this fight.

"So it's just you?" she asked acting normally

"It's more then enough." she replied with a innocent smile jumping on to the back of the jeep

A half an hour later they had arrived at the main entrance to the nazi facility, Widow walked out and went up to the other to Avengers, who also were surprised to see that only one girl was with her.

"That's our backup?" Cap asked looking over at the red eyed girl

"She seems confident." Hawkeye replied

As they talked she dropped the crate on the floor and opened it with a precise kick, reviling what seemed like a handheld cannon that she proceeded to pick up, effortlessly and load with rounds. Everyone at the camp had their jaw drop, at such display, even Cap was stunned to see this from such a regular looking girl.

"What's wrong?" she asked looking around

"No...Nothing. Let's begin." Cap spat out trying to sound as normal as possible

A soldier stepped to the side of the old rust door, placing his hand on the handle he opened it wide, Seras was the first one to enter carrying her weapon over her shoulder, she walked down the first step when a hand fell on her shoulder, looking back it was Cap.

"Are you going in alone? Wouldn't it be safer to stay behind me and go together?" he uttered showing his concern

"Don't worry Captain, I'll clear the path for you just stay behind me." she replied with another smile continuing to walk downwards

Soon they were all down there once again, and they came across the first Ghouls the Avengers had fought, the bodies contorted around at the sight of fresh meat, the head of one squirmed at them trying to push itself forwards, it quickly stopped after Seras stomped on it, and a similar faith was given to the others. The trio of heroes looked on surprised by such methods, still they carried on till the path split into three possible ways, Seras stopped and started "sniff" the air around them but ultimately ended up looking back at the Avengers.

"Where to now?" she asked

"I think we didn't come through here the first time around." Hawkeye said looking at the ground, to make sure he knew what he said

Seras replied with a small sigh, but quickly her senses picked up something, the growl of the Ghouls was becoming stronger, louder and all over the place, the group was now on the alert, from the shadows several purple eyes approached, slowly the hungry mouths became visible and the numbers were frightening. Yet Seras was calm, she had no reason to fear, aiming her cannon at a group of them, a single blast cleared the way in a bloody display, the Avengers were taking care of the other groups, Cap throwing his shield cutting down several of the fiends, Hawkeye using his explosive arrows to at least slow down the incoming crowd, worst was Widow that was left to forcefully empty her weapons into them without results.

Hawkeye, seeing Widow's situation decided to fire one of his arrows at the ceiling above the group advancing on her, as the arrow hit it's target the whole area started to shake, dust falling onto their heads, followed by small fragments of concrete, finally a large fragment began to dislodge and move down. Cap rushed down to her side and placed his shield up, to save Widow and Hawkeye who took cover behind him, the ghouls didn't stop they continued advancing slowly, even with the ruble crushing them, as the ancient construction collapsed. Not only the ceiling fell but so did the floor under them and from this the Avengers couldn't do anything about as they descended into the lower level, as gravity took a hold of them, something else wrapped around them too it was some tendril, made out of what seemed to be black and orange flames, Widow was the first to look at it's source looking up it was Seras.

From the Hellsing's agent left arm these things erupted holding them down to safety, their feet touched the ground like nothing had happened Seras jumped down soon after, her left arm was now those things that had saved them, she didn't explain and just kept walking.

"Aren't you going to tell us what just happened?" Captain America asked

"I saved you." she replied somewhat sarcastically

"What are you?" he continued insisting

"Just a Police Girl." she answered in the same fashion as before

"She is one of them, a vampire." Widow announced stunning both of the men

"Why is she helping us them?" Barton asked

"It is my duty, I save the world from the supernatural as you save it from aliens and things like that."

"Send a vampire to kill a vampire." Widow continued with a small chuckle

With that the conversation was over, at least for now, as there were other things to take care of from that point the control room was close, as luckily they had fallen on the correct floor, Widow collected the information that was still available, Seras meanwhile had taken a small bomb from her pocket, she placed it on the computer and soon joined the group as they left.

"What was that?" Cap asked

"It's suppose to overcharge the computer and in the process flow any piece of electrical equipment in this base. So we better get away fast when I activate it." she replied

Once again they made their way outside, closing the metal doors behind them for the last time, by now it was almost night. Haweye and the Captain ordered around their soldiers, so seal the doors to prevent the escape of any of the Ghouls, Widow had decided to speak with Seras who was talking to Integra on the phone. When the call ended Widow approached moving around the tendrils so she was on Seras right side.

"Yes?" she asked even before Widow said anything

"I was wondering what you thought of working with SHIELD and the Avengers?" she asked, trying to sound as normal as possible

"Just like working with Hellsing, both of us like to showoff." she answered looking at Cap and then at herself

"Indeed we look apart from them rest, I think that's the point. Are you going with us now?" Widow asked

"Hellsing is going to help you with this new vampire problem..."the Draculina replied as the Quinjet flew over them

"Alright people it's time to leave." Cap announced so that the whole group could hear it