Dino Crisis: Retribution Signup/Discussion

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Dino Crisis: Retribution Signup/Discussion

Post by DinoMaster »

While it remained hidden for some time, the world soon found out about the incident that occurred in Edward City, and the transportation back 65 or so million years in time. When the information on 3rd Energy project and the incidents became public, the world quickly changed. Separate groups of a variety of engineers and scientists were able to contain and use the energy to benefit mankind, allowing for the possibility of a new world of technology and energy. Cities around the world clamored for the engines and the like, with Chicago bounding back from being a nearly borderline closed city to the busy hub of the Midwest once more with the construction of the largest facility near the northern edge of the city.

Protests and debates on whether these things should even be used or not was an inevitable debate, headed strongly by Regina, a member of the special ops that had dealt with these events in the past. They were protesting the events that could occur if misused, and the potential effects on time that had done effects already with the certain events. Their cries were tossed to the side, forgotten and deemed unnecessary to the progress of mankind.
Things went smoothly for years, with little issues or errors that could be conceived. Everything seemed to be flowing smoothly, until July 2035. An incident occurred at the energy facility, mixing time and space together for a brief while, before regulating out. What had been a city of over 3 million people had become a mixture of the city and the past. The amount of death that has occurred is tremendous, and there is little hope for a full scale evacuation. Those trapped inside much fend for themselves, warding off the prehistoric terrors that have begun stalking the once relatively safe streets and invading their homes.

A small squad is being deployed at the edge of the jungles, being sent with a single purpose in mind. Their goal is to go and shut down the reactor and possibly reverse the effects of the time dilation. In between them lies a city that sits full of dangerous predators, finicky herbivores, and a populace that could be in any state of completely dead to gang run. It will not be an easy trek, but Regina has selected some of the best to go in and fix this issue.

Now, while I am working on two others stories currently, I thought that I hadn't seen an actual Dino Crisis Story out and about much of anywhere. So to remedy this, I'm making my own. And with the astounding sucess that Kaiju and Kaijin had with signups, I figured that doing another might not be bad.

There's two types of characters that are open for creation. One are the soldiers of the squad, being sent out to go and fix the issues and errors that have occurred with the 3rd energy generator and the wildlife that has sprung up around because of this. The second would be the survivors of the three million populace that roamed around Chicago. These can be from street gang people to the top businessmen being forced to survive, to whatever you please. Just stay within the bounds of realism for these characters. These are still fairly current humans compared to other series, and I don't want something too bizarre. Crossover characters would be accepted if they fit in the boundaries, but I'll be more picky with them.

Survivor/Soldier profile

Name:
Description:
Weapon:
Bio:
Items:

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Re: Dino Crisis: Retribution Signup/Discussion

Post by Godzilla The King »

Name: Jonathan Towers
Description: Jon is a tall man at about 6ft tall and decently muscled. He has short black hair and cold blue eyes. He wears a dirty work shirt and pants. He has a long-ish nose and darker skin than his pale brother.
Weapon:A revolver and a combat knife on his side.
Bio:Jonathan Towers was a normal man before this, he worked at a local restaurant, he had a girlfriend, hell, he had a life. He was even planning to propose to his girlfriend. He lived with his younger brother, they were close. Then, it all changed, he took his younger brother with him. Jon is a cold man, cynical and untrusting of others, though he does warm up around his brother. He’s done things that he regrets and would do them again to keep him and his brother safe.
Items:A flashlight, a radio, a backpack full of medical supplies, clothes.

Name:Zachary Towers
Description: Just under 6ft, he is slightly shorter than his brother and seems much younger. His nose is also long like his brother’s but their hair color is different, with Zachary inheriting their mother’s blond hair. His hair's not long by any means but longer than his brother’s. He’s thin but clearly in shape. He has blue eyes too but they seem just friendlier than Jon’s.
Weapon: Modified baseball bat, a pistol and a switchblade.
Bio:Zachary loved dinosaurs when he was a kid. But now? He wished he could get away from them, before the event he lived with his brother. Things were alright, his life was no better or worse than the others. Now? He’s alone with only his brother, who he fears has gone mad. Zachary is lighthearted and can joke around, he is generally optimistic around people but he’s no fool.
Items: Flashlight, radio, bag full of foods.
Last edited by Godzilla The King on Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainStarbird wrote:
gigan72 wrote:MMMMM, HEISEI
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY
UNLIKE THOSE ANOREXIC SHOWA MODELS!
CaptainStarbird wrote: "Look under your chair for a gift, it's a bitchslap!"

pta917
Xilien Halfling

Post by pta917 »

/Soldier profile
Name: Roger Murdock
Description: a 5.9 feet tall man, with a very athletic body for his age as he works to keep in shape, a small tan covers his tattooed body. He has long brown hair, normally held in a ponytail, with matching dark eyebrows and black eyes, the most distinct feature are the three claw marks that cover his face. Having not many other things outside of his military like Roger only seems to wear his combat suit on most occasions, only wearing a suit when extremely necessary.
Weapon: Carries a assault rifle, a Smith & Wesson and a machete.
Bio: Roger was born in Germany and at the age of 18 he traveled to America, where he bought a place in Chicago and followed a military career, as time went on he met a woman which gave birth to a son. At the time of the incident he was at home with his family, things quickly turned bad for them as a raptor found it's way to their home. The creature was vicious as it attacked the trio, Roger gave it all he could but in the end he was left near death and with the bodies of his wife and son laying near him. It was on that day that he changed, bowing revenge on the creature that would never forget, the one who murdered his reason to live. That's why he now carries a machete just for the chance he ever goes back to Chicago to get his revenge the only way he sees as fit, on hand-on-claw combat.
Items: few grenades, bullets, few medical supplies for quick problems on the field and provisions.
Davros wrote:This is my ultimate victory, Doctor! The destruction of REALITY ITSELF!

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Sounds like fun. Give me some time and I'll make a character for this.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

I'll have to make a character for this...once I'm done making a notecard for tomorrow's US History test.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

Hey, no worries on time or anything. I'm not implementing a cutoff time for awhile.

The Tower Brothers and Murdock are good to go.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Name: David Kennels
Description: A 5.8" tall man, with a slightly muscular body. Sports pale skin, shaven brown hair, green eyes and a scar on his left butt cheek (He doesn't like to talk about it). Commonly wears his military combat suit, but almost always wears a paintball mask to hide his face.
Weapon: Kel-Tec KSG pump-action shotgun
Bio: David was born in England, but moved to Washington, D.C. with his dad at the age of 13 following his parent's divorce. After much contemplation he joined the military after finishing college. When he came back to Washington after finishing his training, the incident in Chicago had already happened. Naturally, David wanted to help. He's quite goofy and energetic despite his military training, but he recognised what situations do and do not require his humour.
Items: Four grenades, two ammo pouches
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Name: Sarah Fowler
Description: 5’ 7” in height, has neck length black hair tied up in a ponytail, light skin, and green eyes. Wears a light tan long-sleeved shirt, black fingerless gloves, dark green pants, a light gray Kevlar vest, and combat boots.
Weapon: G36K, USP Match, Gator Machete
Bio: A Washington native, and the eldest of four sisters, Sarah had grown up with the weight of the world placed upon her shoulders by her parents due to her oldest child status. After a three-and-a-half year stint as a police officer (fired after exposing corruption), Sarah found herself joining an anti-drug and domestic terrorism unit stationed in Seattle. There, she honed her skills, and helped put an end to many potential disasters.
Items: Radio, flashlight, two standard grenades, two flash grenades, and binoculars
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Name: Tommy Harris
Description: 6'0" in height, a buzzcut with a massive goatee, light skin and brown eyes. Wears the standard camo clothing regarding pants, shirt and boots.
Weapon: Shotgun, FAMAS assault rifle and a tapanga machete
Bio: A Texan native, Tommy always admired the military throughout his youth and when he turned 18 he soon enough joined the military. Through joining the military he saved lives and took names though he does go gun-ho on his enemies meaning he rushes in and kills every "bastard" he can. Despite others seeing his methods as too crazy, it has gotten the job done. Otherwise he can be a decent person, but loves to talk about guns, military and making anything squeal in terror.
Items:Incendiary grenades, cigarettes, radio, ammo, a bag of bacon bits, medical supplies and food.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

All are approved. Nice to see the team being well fleshed out.

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SpanishBulldog63 »

Name: Arkturos, Son of Stone Bear
Description: 5’11” 220 lbs of solid muscle. Arkturos is built as stocky as his namesake, and just as surprisingly agile. Black hair kept in a buzzcut to avoid being caught the brush and enemy capture. He wears camouflage-colored tribal war-markings on his face and chest. Has a few scars on his body from fights with prey and enemies.
Weapon: A gas-powered, automatic crossbow that fires standard steel, poison-tipped, or explosive-tipped bolts in either rapid succession or can be flicked to single-shot, precision fire; a metallic recurve bow; Golok machete
Bio: Arkturos was born in the fight-or-die home of the Apache, where every day was a fight not just against rival tribes, but the wilds themselves. Arkturos, a child born under the totem of the bear, quickly became a master tracker and warrior as the years went on, be it mammal, warrior, or dinosaur…and just as skilled in killing them. After news spread of Chicago, Arkturos had enlisted his aid upon entrusting his people’s care to the best warriors after him. His skill with a crossbow was great, but the task at hand would require a more…rapid-fire approach. He may seem unapproachable but Arkturos is actually a friendly guy with a sense of humor while still maintaining his honor.
Items: Spiked grenades (act as sticky grenades/proximity mines), ammo, combat knife, medical supplies…who needs food when you keep what you kill?
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
"-what they don't know won't hurt 'em... until they're dead."
Resized Image

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

Apologies on the lateness, but you're good Sal.

I do also have an announcement. As of this post, Military characters will no longer be accepted. I have plenty of them as is. Survivors will still be accepted if anyone wants to do them.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Well, here's my survivor.

Name: J.D. Reiben
Description: 6’1” in height, has short black hair, minor stubble, light skin, and blue eyes. Wears a blue short-sleeved shirt, dark brown fingerless gloves, dark gray pants, a salvaged black Kevlar vest, and salvaged combat boots.
Weapon: SL8, Raging Judge, Gator Machete Pro
Bio: Growing up, J.D. found it difficult to live up to the bar his father, a retired member of the world renowned BSAA, had set. He had failed the written portion of his entrance exam into the police force, and wound up getting drummed out of military boot camp after punching his (abusive) drill instructor in the face. Now? Now he’s trapped in Chicago acting as a guard for a small pocket of survivors like himself, wondering each and every day if it was going to be his last, be he done in by roving gangs looking to take whatever they want or hyper aggressive dinosaurs that are ready to kill at the drop of a hat.
Items: Flashlight, binoculars
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"